Has anyone bought pic related? I thought it was impossible to make Avatar in blu-ray

Has anyone bought pic related? I thought it was impossible to make Avatar in blu-ray

Attached: AV_COMPLETE_Bluray_2D-DMUB.jpg (1000x1168, 213K)

Why would you think that?

Don’t give money to the same people who gave you Korra.

But The Last Airbender was legitimately good

its not coming out till June

May at Best Buy actually
And the creators said they went back to the masters but if it's the same ones they used for the digital HD release from a couple months back then it's gonna be a pretty average upscale (better than the original DVDs by a mile, but nowhere near real HD)
It definitely wasn't originally exported in hi-def, it's possible that they still have the original animation project files and can re-render it in HD like they did for Samurai Jack but it's looking like Nick probably didn't put in the effort

I mean Avatar is great but I'm just wondering why Nick never put out a Spongebob bluray aside from the movies.

Season one is the only classic season that could be released in full HD on Blu-ray as it was finished on film, two and three would need a major overhaul. And who gives a shit about the rest

I wouldn't be surprised if Nickelodeon cut corners and stole the fan upscales for the BDs.

I agree the rest are shit but it seems weird that they have this thing against bluray even for the show they used to spam so bad they got mainstream criticism for and had to dial back. You'd think back when all that spam was happening and the merch was hitting highs, they'd have put out blurays.

Technically the fans that did that couldn't even fight it since they didn't make the series and just used copies from Nick to make edit/changes to it and spread them around illegally.

It's a terrible upscale. Don't bother.

>Season one is the only classic season that could be released in full HD on Blu-ray as it was finished on film
Citation needed. That sounds like bullshit.
The fan upscale is horrifically bad. The first 4 episodes are literally unwatchable, and there are halo artifacts well into the second season.

It's only very recently that western kids cartoons on Blu-ray beyond DC shows is a thing at all period.
A:TLA is likely being done as response to Samurai Jack and Korra (which debatably wasn't marketed to children at all for most of its run) doing well and Batman the Animated Series being on the way (along with all the Spielberg 90s shows if Warner Archive Q&A user is to be believed). It's possible they could bring out the Sponge next but Nick themselves seem to have realized the peak is past them, they unbelievably actually removed SB reruns from Nicktoons completely about a month ago.
We don't know that for sure as no one has the discs yet, but it's a damn good chance. If your main concern is owning the show physically these WILL be better than the DVDs (it'd be hard to be worse for S1) but if you feel like you'll feel ripped off if these are upscales definitely wait for reviews.
>Citation needed. That sounds like bullshit.
That's how traditional animation works user, any time you see real ink & paint in a cartoon it was captured on film as that was simply the workflow, filming cels and backgrounds one at a time on a 35mm camera, and with SB season one it's extra apparent if you have the web HD copies, which although appearing upscaled have noticeable film grain.
Now, a lot of classic Nick shows were shot on film but then edited on video locking them at videotape resolution forever without a scene-by-scene reconstruction from the elements (like Friends, Seinfeld, and Star Trek: TNG got) but for SB I'm not sure that's the case and a real HD source might just exist. For sure a lot of the classic CN Cartoon Cartoons were completely finished on film, see the copy of "Dexter's Rude Removal" that [as] released which was clearly real HD

>The fan upscale is horrifically bad. The first 4 episodes are literally unwatchable, and there are halo artifacts well into the second season.
To be fair, the upscalers did acknowledge that there were problems that couldn't be fixed.

On the other hand, such problems would also prove if Nick were to steal that footage.

On the third hand, Pic Related.

Attached: TyLeeHD.webm (1440x1080, 967K)

user... I already know what you're talking about.
I don't see any significant difference in the ink-and-paint between TLA seasons at all. Can you post an example of what you're referring to?

>vid related
>looks worse than the original
That's what happens when you fall for the upscale meme - literally creating something out of nothing.

That's just stupid. Just because they fucked up with one show doesn't mean you should boycott the good product they made.

Well, we don't have an original against which we can compare this clip, now, do we?

I'm talking about the original from the DVD set, which is already of very high quality in season 3.
Upscales do "okay" for sweeping distance shots, but make any details look muddy and blurred.

Oh I was talking about Spongebob, context user

I'm pretty sure it has the same shitty upscale that was released on Amazon recently. They managed to fix those horrible halo effects in first episodes but otherwise it's way worse than that fan upscale.

God that cover art is really fucking weak.

It's the case art, the slipcover looks like this
And both are original pieces done specifically for this set, I dunno they're not the best but also display a lot more effort than is typical nowadays

Attached: 199969_slip.jpg (1191x1500, 247K)

Does it at least come with more/better extras than the ATLA dvds?

That's retarded.

Book One: Water

Disc One:

The Boy in the Iceberg

The Avatar Returns

The Southern Air Temple

The Warriors of Kyoshi

The King of Omashu

Imprisoned

Winter Solstice Part 1: The Spirit World

Winter Solstice Part 2: Avatar Roku

Bonus features:

Behind the Scenes Kung Fu Featurette

The Making of Avatar-From Real Life to Animation

Disc Two:

The Waterbending Scroll

Jet

The Great Divide

The Storm

The Blue Spirit

The Fortuneteller

Bato of the Water Tribe

The Deserter

Bonus features:

Behind the Scenes: The Voices of Avatar

Ask the Creators Featurette

Original Uncut Anamatic - (25 minutes of animated raw sketches from episode #15)

Disc Three:

The Northern Air Temple

The Waterbending Master

The Siege of the North, Part 1

The Siege of the North Part 2

Bonus features:

Audio Commentary with Creator, Cast & Crew: Chapter 17 with Dee Bradley Baker (voices of Momo and Appa) and Ben Wynn (sound effects). Chapters 18-20 with Aaron Ehasz (Head Writer) and Co-Creators: Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino

Behind the Scenes with the Avatar Cast & Crew

Avatar Pilot Episode with Audio Commentary

The Making of Avatar - Inside the Sound Studios

The Making of Avatar - Inside the Korean Animation Studios

Attached: I9RtcQC.gif (441x350, 3.65M)

This this this

Book Two: Earth

Disc One:

The Avatar State

The Cave of Two Lovers

Return to Omashu

The Swamp

The Blind Bandit

Zuko Alone

The Chase

Bonus features:

Original Uncut Animatic: Episode # 21 (The Avatar State)

Audio Commentary by Creators, Cast & Crew (Eps 6 & 8)

Disc Two:

Bitter Work

The Library

The Desert

The Secret of the Fire Nation

City of Walls and Secrets

Tales of Ba Sing Se

Appa's Lost Days

Bonus features:

Audio Commentary by Creators, Cast & Crew (Eps 12 & 14)

Disc Three:

Lake Laogai

The Earth King

The Guru/The Crossroads of Destiny

Bonus features:

Audio Commentary by Creators, Cast & Crew (Eps 17, 18, & 20)

Interview with Creators and M. Night Shyamalan

The Essence of Bending with Bryan Konietzko and Sifu Kisu

Bending Battle

Swamp Skiin' Throwdown

School Time Shipping

Escape From the Spirit World: Animated Graphic Novel

Attached: 1517234772583.gif (400x225, 1.94M)

What this guy said, never giving those scammers my money again

Book Three: Fire

Disc One:

Awakening

The Headband

The Painted Lady

Sokka's Master

The Beach

The Avatar and the Firelord

The Runaway

The Puppetmaster

Bonus features:

Audio Commentary by Creators & Crew (Eps 4, 5 & 6)

Disc Two:

Nightmares and Daydreams

Day of Black Sun

The Western Air Temple

The Firebending Masters

The Boiling Rock

The Southern Raiders

Bonus features:

Audio Commentary by Creators & Crew (Eps 10, 11 & 12)

Disc Three:

The Ember Island Players

Sozin's Comet

Bonus features:

Bonus Audio Commentary by Creators, Cast & Crew on all 6 Chapters

The Women of Avatar: The Last Airbender

Book 3 Finale Pencil Test Animation

Into the Fire Nation at San Diego Comic-Con

Attached: 1518062342438.gif (540x810, 480K)

That actually sounds good.

A friend of mine bought book 3 but since all it had as extras were a bryke commentary for Sozin's Comet and a really shitty 5 minute documentary about the women in ATLA I never tried buying the dvds.

I know. I just wanted more Ty Lee in a two-piece.

why does sokka look so handsome?

>they unbelievably actually removed SB reruns from Nicktoons completely about a month ago.
what the fuck i have nicktoons just for the SB reruns at night when I dont wanna watch adult swim

Yeah honestly fuck those pieces of shit, after Korra Avatar isn't that good anyway they ruined it, Fuck them all forever

>5 minute documentary about the women in ATLA
what the fuck, why?

Fuck those fuckers all to hell and die for what they did

>he didn't buy the first 100 episodes DVD set a decade ago
The first four seasons are also included with Amazon Prime, and it's not like the show didn't get its fair share of airtime over the years...

Anyone who does at this point needs to be purged

This, destroy all Korrafags

Eh, since I have the regular complete series I guess I'll buy the blu-ray then compare them side-by-side

Theyare going to pay forwhat they did..

I have a fucking huge collection of cartoons on DVD, but I prefer watching TV, I can't explain it, I just enjoy watching what's being broadcast and other people are watching it. I have SB on DVD

I'm going to I'm going to be so mad if anybody does

korra was a mistake. Aang wasn't

The fact that Korra even exists absolutely enrages me, that they could ruin something so perfectly good as Avatar and just fuck it up that bad.

I miss all the Toph cosplayers...

Attached: 7xgtNYu.jpg (600x800, 141K)

Korafagits die, ,

What's up with this retarded samefagging?

What guy said this, never giving those mo,ney my sca;m;mers again

Avatar and just fuck it up that Korra even exists absolutely enrages me, that Korra even exists absolute

ly enrages me, that they could ruin something so perfectly good as Avatar and just fuck it up that bad.ely enrages me, that they could ruin something so perfectly good as Avatar and just fuck it up that they could ruin something so perfectly good as Avatar and just fuck it up that bad.erfectly good as Avatar and just fuck it up that Korra even exists absolutely enrages me, that they could ruin something so perfectly good as Avatar and just fuck it up that bad. even exists absolutely enrages me, that bad.uin something so perfectly good as Avatar and just fuck it up that bad. up that bad.ruin something so perfectly good as Avatar and just fuck it up that they could ruin something so perfectly good as Avatar and just fuck it up that bad.a even exists absolutely enrages me, that they could ruin something so perfectly good as Avatar and just fuck it up that bad.o perfectly good as Avatar and just fuck it up that Korra even exists absolutely enrages me,

Somebody ban this faggot.

>Posts all disappeared
Looks like he's banned, thank god

I'm hyped

Probably trying to wank over how they did stronk female characters when it could have easily been included with a general character documentary about how they feel like actual kids and teens and not just generic anime munckins

They're literally the exact same features as on the DVDs. Compare the lists if you don't believe me.
It's not nearly as bad as you're making it out to be. Remember, that was way before the SJW era.

In fact, as ironic as it is the Katara segment of that documentary provides some of the strongest evidence for Kataang from her side that we have before the finale, meaning that's it's basically anti-Tumblr.

I miss Toph cosplayers.

Attached: 7xgtNYu.jpg (600x800, 141K)

Just watched it for the first time. I agree with the other user it's actually not that bad. Except the narrator sounds like shes trying to teach an infant how to talk and is really annoying. The intro talks about "girl power" but once it actually starts talking about the characters its actually pretty good. Feminism isn't mentioned once. They do interview an "Avatar Mom" which is pretty dumb but also kind of funny. Especially when she describes what she admires about Azula.

>Interview with Creators and M. Night Shyamalan
oh lord

>never watch the Star Wars OT again, because it's by the director of the prequels

Attached: judywtf.gif (177x177, 289K)