/hyw/ How's Your Webcomic? #466

Just another day on the job edition

Previous Thread: Thread Question: Where do you go for inspiration?

> /hyw/ CONTACT SHEET - add your webcomic site, contact information, etc
docs.google.com/document/d/1uwfOSHXfrgvcf--PkPz9jXL6p5RqIsrYvXYwgQpgT3k/edit#

> Not an official /hyw/ DISCORD CHAT
discord.gg/rXMbdqP

> DRAWING PRACTICE and TUTORIALS
Ctrlpaint.com
drawabox.com/
line-of-action.com/
quickposes.com/en

> STOCK IMAGES and REFERENCE
People: senshistock.deviantart.com/gallery/
Scenery: shutterstock.com/
Character Design: pinterest.com/characterdesigh/

> FONTS
Blambot: blambot.com/
Create your own: calligraphr.com

> WEBSITE
Easy to use tumblr webcomic theme: tumblr.com/theme/39018
Do's and Dont's for starting a site: pastebin.com/kNR2W5mV
Promoting your comic: miss-melee.tumblr.com/post/143483233951/

> ART and WRITING RESOURCES
mediafire.com/folder/9pf1nwwa92lbp/Comics_for_making_Comics
cienciasecognicao.org/rotas/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Robert-McKee-Story.pdf
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_1.pdf
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_2.pdf
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_3.pdf

> PODCASTS and VIDEOS
chrisoatley.com/category/podcasts/
John Cleese on Creativity: youtube.com/watch?v=Pb5oIIPO62g
Capeworld's Podcast: youtube.com/channel/UC4QSk9zbGdHsg4-jgCFFF7w

Attached: hyw1.jpg (1200x1165, 325K)

Other urls found in this thread:

witchwayswitch.com
tapas.io/series/witchwayswitch
tapas.io/series/Bhb
somenamecomic.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

New "Witchway's Witch"!

Can you spot the 'Evangelion' reference?

witchwayswitch.com
tapas.io/series/witchwayswitch

Attached: 21-page.png (940x1424, 739K)

let it die

Welcome to the final round everybody.

Alice (Capeworld and Edspear) vs Akai (Earthfield)

Deadline for entries...well, let's see if we can get it all in by the end of April.

In other news registration has started for the SSFT. Hey Earthfield, would you be interested in entering? It would give you the opportunity to enter into a contest from the beginning.

Attached: A CHALLENGER APPROACHES.png (800x609, 251K)

SSFT?

Holy shit dat ass!

I don't even understand this stupid contest.

Sure: the last two panels are from that synchronized fight Shinji and Asuka did in one of the mid-season episodes.

As always, this is a great page, your paneling has gotten really good.
Two minor details I'm not even sure are errors:
Are there supposed to be no fullstops in panels 3 and 4, because in the others there are.
In panel 4, wouldn't choice sound more natural than decision?

I was absent for ~5 months so I'm not sure but O'd guess it developed out of the bi-weekly comic contest we used to have in 2017. I liked that a lot, even participated once. I advocated for an end-of year voting for an overall winner and a continuation in 2018 but apparently the project has died or been transformed into this ecchi thing...

>Are there supposed to be no fullstops in panels 3 and 4, because in the others there are.
This is intentional.

Sexy Sketch Fighting Tournament. It's a simplified form of the bikini contest since so many people got burned out on making entire comics. It's easier to enter and will go faster.

Instead of entering a comic you enter two sketches-one of the characters squaring off and another of your character locking her opponent in a submission hold. As usual raunchiness is encouraged. If you lose you draw a sketch of your girl giving up just like in the bikini tournament. The form of this surrender is ultimately up to the loser. A simple tap out or "I give" is enough.

For those that have asked me if the matches can get spicier, contestants can choose to spice up a match and raise the stakes to something like groveling/stripping/foot kissing so long as their opponent is on board before the match begins. Just remember everyone that we are on a blue board.

Characters can wear anything so long as its sexy-lingerie or bra and panties or a t-shirt and daisy dukes. Put your character in what you think is a really sexy outfit.

When are you guys going to set up your patreon so we can support you?

>so many people got burned out on making entire comics
Well, this is what sport is about. Not only perform well, but perform well on a regular basis and have a great stamina.

You were not brought into this world to "get it" user.

>Bi-weekly comic contest
Yeah, that's why I started this stuff. The comic contest petered out and people got bored so I suggested this.

>Transformed into this ecchi thing
I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy all the cheesecae this produces. I've been thinking about doing something less lewd with the same sketch fight format as the upcoming SSFT, we'll see how this goes first.

This is a lewd wrasslin' contest on Sup Forums. The fuck are you talking about this being a sport?

Would you read a story about cats that live in a world in which food can be used as vehicles for traveling? Where cats use modified food items as weapons of mass destruction? where you can cook your clothes, your house and even do some supernatural shit with food. Where the more you know to cook the better of you are in life?
If so........ your gonna have to wait till i make a sample chapter to see what its like. Here's a spoiler. (supposedly Main C, but we'll see)

Attached: IMG_20180322_184709.jpg (940x1000, 119K)

>being a sport
Well it WAS a sport contest initially. I'm not opposed to it being a fetish fuel generator.

You got me on "Would you read a story about cats".
This
>Where cats use modified food items as weapons of mass destruction?
was an overkill.

>Initially
Since when?

More interested in the execution than the concept. I'll read nearly anything if it's good.

Strong design, though. I'm sorry, I forgot what you were working on before this. Somehow I remember you but not what you did.

Where can I enter?

It's girls only?

Enter here. Just post your character, what comic they're from, and a little explanation of what they are and what the world they're from is lie.

Coldfusion has an entry in and Capeworld said Edspear might have someone, probably that military girl he posted in the last thread. Earthfield might enter.

It's girls only.

Nyamo's the letterer and artist. Whatever I type and they edit is all according to their keikaku.

I've been hesitant, but I figure starting Chapter 3 we'll open one up.

Your art is good so you can literally do anything as long as it's accesible. My personal Standards for writing, composition and such are pretty high so I can't promise I'd read it but others definitely will.

If you don't care about integrity or happen to be into that sort of thing, just up the furry level and you'll gain hundreds of readers by default, also patreon bucks.

>girls only
fuck that gay shit, i want to see some cute boys

I've been thinking about a beefcake division, but I'm not sure if I'd get enough entrants.

If you can find enough anons interested in having a bunch of boys in swimsuit trunks wrestling I'll host one.

I'd prefer to use my boys honestly, but I don't mind using my girls either.

Chupachup's synchronicity is truly impressive.

What are your girls/boys?

Reposting my kite designs from the last thread. Each of them has a unique mechanism for catching flying animals. I really want to convey the function through the design and make them varied and interesting but still maintain them recognizable as kites. It's not too easy, I keep scrapping them and making new ones, I hope I will end up with a good result. BO HAHAHAHA

Attached: image.jpg (1983x1684, 885K)

>swimsuit trunks
Some of us like men in lingerie, though.

Spoken like a true pimp.

I'm starting to think that user that suspected you're just doing this for your own jollies is right
It's a good thing I have no problem with that.

>they
Are Nyamo several people? I'm confused.

Attached: image.jpg (795x556, 161K)

>You're doing it just for your own jollies
I'm doing this for everyone's jollies.

>something less lewd
come on mom tea parties.

Anything from you is good, pips. But foodeverythings also sounds good. That is a world I would do well in. Anything like that always brings fighting foodons to mind.

Just for the sake of variety I feel like it'd be better to alternate and do mans. Give that shit a turn. I enjoy ladydrools occurring.

it's a jolly holiday

Nyamo is Nyamo. A single, mysterious person shrouded in really secretive secrets n' stuff.

I like the idea but I have no idea how it would work as a contest. We pick board games at random and then anons argue who would win at what board game and why?

That sounds like more of a podcast activity. it would be much less fun to draw.
I have done something like that with one of my characters being good at chess and the rest being hopeless though.

I noticed that your pages look much less crappy and compressed than most other series I'm reading on tapas. What is the trick / specification for pulling this off?

Capeworld did mention he has a weakness for death battle discussions and the like.

Finished fanart for Laserwing after reading the comic!

I'll work on the surrender pic next

Attached: 4B7ECDA0-34C3-404B-BDAB-6426D31AE57C.jpg (1500x1345, 410K)

>I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy all the cheesecae this produces. I've been thinking about doing something less lewd with the same sketch fight format as the upcoming SSFT, we'll see how this goes first.

Most people here need plenty of anatomy practice. Contests/projects/tournaments where you actually have to be mindful of how the body looks and works is fine.

I have a lot of both so it'd be hard to pick, at least between the girls. I'm thinking any of the ones pictured would work though. Of the boys it'll either be the short black haired guy or the tall pink haired one I posted last thread.

My characters are old timey though so their swimsuits aren't very exciting haha.

Attached: 21.png (3259x3187, 2.99M)

Anatomy is hard...

Attached: sketch1513387012426.png (1080x1920, 721K)

halfway done on page 22 here is some expression studies
read series here :
tapas.io/series/Bhb

Attached: expressions.png (577x819, 399K)

It doesn't have to be swimsuits. Lingerie or underwear or anything sexy will do. Do you have a comic? What are these characters from?

Oh Victorian underwear wasn't too sexy. But I'm sure I can think of something.

They're from my webcomic. It hasn't launched yet, but I'm on the google doc and I have pages done. Or would it only be for people who have their stuff out? That's fine if that's the case.

too much contest talk, not enough comics.

Gib link to webcomic pls.
Also, I have to disagree about Victorian lingerie. I love those knee long short-like underpants, the kind Alice wears... Unf...

You first.

I'm pretty sure that's how hips work

>Where do you go for inspiration?
Mostly it is from audio, weirdly.
All genres of music, audio ripped from movie trailers and entire episodes of anime.

Attached: q1515787533271_39775598661_o.jpg (595x842, 282K)

Attached: 21final.png (940x1334, 1.26M)

I personally think that military uniforms are really sexy but they cover up a lot of the body so I don't think they'd work for cheesecake. I have a small handful of characters who would wear fittingly sexy clothes for this contest, but they're all guys. My girls are modest and good girls.

somenamecomic.com/
Site is still in development, but it'll be up soon (bug testing, adding links, stuff like that right now). Comic comes out April 20th. Thank you for your interest.

>I personally think that military uniforms are really sexy but they cover up a lot of the body so I don't think they'd work for cheesecake.

Ahh. The cheesecake novice.

Cheesecake doesn't at all have to just be about how much skin is showing, or how little they're wearing. Its a mixture of that, along with the pose. Sometimes just a little tease with a sexy pose can be plenty enough for cheesecake, even if the character is almost fully clothed.

This guy knows what's up.

I saw the pink haired guy last thread. Who's the black-haired one?

>99401013
So what's your comic about? Are you entering the black girl or the redhead?

He's a little flashy. His name's Abel.

Attached: 22.png (1691x1207, 1.21M)

sundresses

>anterra chronicles' website is down
I hope exeivier is okay

Oh! They were both boys.
I'm liking your stuff more and more.

My comic is about a fictionalized version of the olympics involving magic and whatnot. I'm not quite sure.

I think I'm biased towards the black girl. Both girls are mechanics, but the redhead is younger and more inexperienced, while the black girl is also a famed inventor in the Louisiana underground, who patents her inventions using a male persona to keep her identity as hidden as possible. She entered the games for the sake of her team leader, to help her achieve her goal. The redhead is just an apprentice to her mother who dropped out of school to help make ends meet, and wants to win the olympics so that she has enough money to take care of her mom.

Since this is supposed to be cheesecakey I think I'll go with the black girl (River). The redhead (Mila) is probably the purest so I'd feel weird even remotely lewding her.

Thank you. My bias is pretty boys.

I'm a pretty big fan of pretty boys. Plot seems interesting, too.

Magic retro olympics? Sounds interesting. Will it be looking at turn of the century stuff like seances and orgone and aether? Is magic something new to their world or has it always been there?

I'm looking forward to seeing River in her contest outfit!

We have two official entries now, Sasha by Coldfusion and River by...well, what is your handle user?

This post proves this contest faggot is Capeworld

How so?

Holy fuck, I never connected the dots on that

Attached: 1500430528983.gif (498x253, 1.84M)

I don't get it though. How is he Otto?

He didn't capitalize user. It's not him.

It takes place in the 1870s (I'm thinking 1872) and magic has always been a part of the world. The story is more about the lives of these characters and how it's led them into these games (the reward for the games are vast, and a lot of the cast come from a military or royal background, or otherwise have been effected by military endeavors of the era, so they all are motivated to reap those rewards). Thank you!

I go by Noah. A pleasure to meet you.

Thank you user! If military stories or character studies are your game, or just male centric fanservice and ornate costumes, this one may just be for you.

Attached: 23.png (1014x1207, 302K)

Does Capeworld also like retro shit or something?

Old school military stuff is cool. Pleased to have you on the contest Noah! Have you ever heard of Prussian schools and mensur scars?

Explain yourself or you're fake news.

Come on Otto, the jig is up. You spoke too much and spilled your spaghetti.

I still don't get it. How did he bust himself?

Otto, just stop. This is embarrassing, even for you.

are you actually going to explain why you think one guy is another guy or are you just going to keep calling everyone who asks the same guy as well cause if youre not going to put evidence forward then no one is going to listen.

I thought the swimsuit guy was bones?

I think the guy angry Nyamo dropped out is just trying to start shit.

Shut the fuck up Capeworld.

No more (You)'s for Capefag. To anyone who isn't Otto with his trip off, just read the stupid mouthbreathing shit he's posted in this thread. Anyone with half a fucking brain cell can compare it to Otto's rambling blabber and tell it's him. He simply revealed too much.

I'm feeling better about when people do this shit to me now

I still don't get it.

Is this a thing that happens often in these threads?

>go to /hyw/
>no one is posting comics
>go to /hyw/ discord
>no one is posting comics

Attached: 1521221414075.jpg (262x192, 10K)

Considering Otto's weird obsession with old-timey comic things, why on Earth would people think something as goofy and anime trope-y as bikinis, lingerie and panty shot contests be him..?

Shut up Otto I can tell this is you.

Fuck you Otto, trying to deflect.

What motivates you to draw your webcomic? Or write it, to those of you who are hiring an artist.

Otto is also gay isn’t he? I mean the way he talks on the podcast and everything...

there's a difference between being gay and being a southern dandy

YOU'RE OTTO, HE'S OTTO, HE'S OTTO, I'M OTTO! ARE THERE ANY OTHER OTTOS I SHOULD KNOW ABOUT!?

Stop trying to deflect Otto.

>What motivates you to draw your webcomic?

For the fun of it,

Attached: oilJ8yl.png (570x944, 43K)

you got octavius, mann, von bismarck,

then discuss:

>Does Capeworld also like retro shit or something?
Fuck off, Capeworld.