Is Hank Hill a good father?

Is Hank Hill a good father?

Attached: hank teaching bobby how to smoke.jpg (500x385, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qb_Dtq4uq1w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

He tries

I'd say he does he best

He's pretty average

he installed a hidden camera inside an android ladyburd to spy on Bobby.

Attached: ladybirdspy.webm (1920x1080, 1.33M)

if you have to explain the joke, it's not good.

To be fair, making a kid smoke the whole pack is the most ancient punishment for catching them smoking

He's a good father by all generation standards up until Gen Z/late Millennial

Start...

OP pic is not one of his better moments, but yes he's usually a good father.

Double-dubs checked.

Puffin'...

"That boy boy ain't right"
Bobby isn't a traddionally masculine boy. Because of this Hank thinks there's somthing wrong with him.
Never mind that he's a kind well behaved kid.
Although he does try to connect with him.

Boy...

Sometimes you gotta kick a baby in the mouth and vomit.

he's medium well

"It's just shit, it's not gonna kill you"

>joke
what part of this is supposed to be funny?

does baby want a bottle?

Attached: dirt bottle 2.jpg (1200x665, 444K)

"Uncle Hank I-"
"Shut the fuck up, Luane!"

Attached: STFUluane.png (445x531, 243K)

I am willing to bet that cavemen and medieval people would say Hank was too lenient and liberal on dealing with his kid.

WHOOPEE

did you just mentioned the fact that it's the current year?

Attached: current year.jpg (367x390, 28K)

Yes, but is he a good husband?

Attached: 476766.gif (350x227, 3.55M)

Nah, just that the window of people who think he is fairly narrow if you think about it enough. Like I said, people from further back would think he is too soft and then people now and a bit before think he is too hard.

Yes,but he also a flawed human. If only he was like propane rather than a mere product of it.

Better than your dad, OP.

He's a decent father. His traditional beliefs make him fuck up plenty of times, but he tries his best.

He wishes Bobby was more stereo-typically "manly" but he's not going to abandon him or stop loving him.

Bobby was invited to his first boy girl girl girl boy girl boy party

Attached: Hobby Bill.png (622x557, 338K)

I would unironically want Hank Hill to be my dad.

Yes

He's definitely among the few cartoon fathers that actually tries to be. And plenty of moments where he succeeds.

He's one of the few that wasn't made to be a Homer Simpson knock-off tho

Attached: 2A089837-F889-456C-BEEE-8D2D6D2C073E.jpg (130x97, 5K)

Homer Simpson is also among the few that tried, though. At least, in the classic era.

Given how fucked up his childhood was? Hank's a better father than he has any right to be.

this

>Is Hank Hill a good father?
for the most part yes, he's got a couple screwups(he handled the whole crotch kicking incident abysmally for example), but he's definitely one of the better animated dads(especially in the "adult animated sitcom" segment)

only if you keep in mind that his way of explaining things is oversimplified and the way the show portrays people who are antagonists of any given episode or who disagree with him are also caricatured

boggle

Plenty of it. Just because you don't get the absurdity of it doesn't mean it's not amusing.

The people in the smokers group didn't seem that exaggerated. Hell, their reaction was probably understated compared to how real people would have reacted. I mean, making your kid smoke several packs? The cops would have probably been called on Hank and Peggy before they could have left the group.

He's a mediocre parent, but a kind of shitty husband.

CHINESE...
OR JAPANESE?

And? Peggy's an even worse wife. After the first season or so, she just became an increasingly stupid bitch that was even at times more dense than her airhead of a niece. Luanne at her worse could be a bit self-absorbed and deny people trying to convince of the ugly reality of things until they gave her evidence. Peggy would literally deny said evidence even when it was being waved in her face. Why in the fuck they thought that was a good idea I'll never know. I was fine with her being a bit of a know-it-all in the first season, she was at least able to admit her mistakes more easily then.

BOGGLE?!

His kinda like chris chan with a proper up bringing.

Peggy Hill is down to her last pencil. She has no more pencils in reserve.

PENCIL!

People don't remember when Homer was just an average joe loser who tried and had his heart in the right place.

That boy ain't right, I'll tell you what.

He's a better husband than Peggy deserves.

Well yeah he never spanked his child.
Hell even a handful of modern parents would view that as a bit too lenient.

I think he's OK, but, for some reason. I just find well meaning peasant dads like Homer and Hank Hill very boring. It's like they have no hobbies or ambitions beyond working and watching TV.

No. Bobby canonically abuses bath salts and Hank enables it: youtube.com/watch?v=qb_Dtq4uq1w

WOOPEEEE!

Attached: woooopeeee.jpg (696x440, 28K)

Hank wasn't perfect but he tried his best, which is the most anyone can do, and is a lot better than many other characters in his show. Hank gets bonus points because he was raised by Cotton, so he doesn't really have a model for how a healthy father-son relationship is supposed to be. Hank is going on guess work and intuition and he almost never suspects what Bobby will get into next.

>It's like they have no hobbies or ambitions beyond working and watching TV

Hank was good at woodworking and fixing things. He took great pride and care in his lawn. And his preferred way to unwind was kicking back with his buddies in the alleyway and having a beer. Sounds simple yet well rounded to me.

Attached: dallassallad_200g.jpg (443x443, 110K)

>he doesn't know about KOTH edits...
>he bout to google some pure dank
>i envy those who watch it for the first time

Attached: 1517526143158.png (354x385, 289K)

He's a good father with plenty of flaws and in spite of all of them he wants Bobby to be ready for a day he can't be there.

>but then he Hank's it up by doing the chores at the house and gives the boy too much freetime

Attached: Screenshot_20180323-110427.png (1920x1080, 805K)

The Chasing Bobby episode shows his true colors of denial.

Hank is a good father, and husband to some extent, but he is also an immatureish father in a way.

Attached: Pumkin.png (422x336, 84K)