DCs next wave of books

Although its not under any new title I think this is the largest amount of #1s since Rebirth(not including non-main label stuff), so what are your thoughts so far? I won't list creative changes like Percy on Nightwing etc. even if they seem like mainstays

>JL by Snyder and Cheung/Jiminez
>Superman/Action Comics by Bendis and ???
>Plastic Man by Simone and Lopresti
>Hawkman by Veditti and Hitch
>Teen Titans by (I assume) Glass and ???
>Titans by Abnett and ???

Attached: JL01-cover-600-CMYK-2.jpg (864x1311, 198K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thevacationtimes.com/2017/05/real-life-serial-killer-tours/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

JUSTICE LEAGUE #1
Written by SCOTT SNYDER • Art by JIM CHEUNG and MARK MORALES • Cover by JIM CHEUNG •
Variant cover by JIM LEE and SCOTT WILLIAMS • Blank variant cover available
Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details.
“THE TOTALITY” part one! A brand-new era begins here! Comics legends Scott Snyder and Jim Cheung launch the Justice League into a cosmos-shaking mystery that will draw out their most terrible foes…in ways our heroes couldn’t possibly imagine! In this debut issue, Martian Manhunter struggles to protect the team from an incoming threat that will shatter the world as they know it, while a familiar face strikes out on a dark path…
On sale JUNE 6 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T+
JUSTICE LEAGUE #2
Written by SCOTT SNYDER • Art and cover by JORGE JIMENEZ •
Variant cover by JIM LEE and SCOTT WILLIAMS
Retailers: This issues will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details.
“THE TOTALITY” part two! The League faced an impossible decision…and now they must face the consequences! While Martian Manhunter and Batman attempt to recruit an old ally back into the fold, The Flash and Hawkgirl are blindsided by new challenges that could rewrite their mythologies!
On sale JUNE 20 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T+

Attached: JUSTICELEAGUE-Cv02-JIMENEZ.jpg (864x1313, 142K)

HAWKMAN #1
Written by ROBERT VENDITTI • Art and cover by BRYAN HITCH •
Variant cover by STJEPAN SEJIC
Retailers: These issues will ship with two covers each. Please see the order form for details.
Spinning out of the events of DARK NIGHTS: METAL, Carter Hall returns to the DC Universe! An explorer of the ancient and unknown, Hawkman finds himself embroiled in a long-standing mission to discover the true purpose of his many reincarnations. Carter races around the globe trying to piece together an ancient prophecy, but will he be able to face down his past lives lurking around every corner?
On sale JUNE 13 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T

Attached: Hawkman01-CVR.jpg (864x1368, 213K)

PLASTIC MAN #1
Written by GAIL SIMONE • Art by ADRIANA MELO • Cover by AARON LOPRESTI •
Variant cover by AMANDA CONNER
Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details.
Meet Eel O’Brian: a petty thug, thief and con artist who runs a strip club. Hey, he’s also dead, at least according to the gang that tossed him out like last week’s garbage. Literally. Don’t worry, though—he bounced back from all that, and now he’s trying to make a new life for himself, but the effort is stretching him pretty thin. How can he get revenge on his old boss, keep a street kid out of trouble, make a dancer fall in love with him and stop a mysterious society from taking over the world? Eel has no idea!
On sale JUNE 13 • 32 pg, FC, 1 of 6, $3.99 US • RATED T+

Attached: PlasticMan1Cvr.jpg (864x1313, 175K)

TEEN TITANS SPECIAL #1
Written by ADAM GLASS
Art by ROBSON ROCHA and others
Cover by ROBSON ROCHA and TREVOR SCOTT
Robin, Kid Flash and Red Arrow are sick of the super-hero status quo, and if the adults won’t do anything about it, you’d better believe these teenagers will! Following the shocking events of NO JUSTICE, don’t miss this special oversized issue that sets the stage for a fearless new direction that will change the Teen Titans forever!
ONE-SHOT • On sale JUNE 27 • 48 pg, FC, $4.99 US • RATED T

Attached: TT-SPECIAL-1.jpg (864x1311, 153K)

TITANS SPECIAL #1
Written by DAN ABNETT
Art by PAUL PELLETIER and others
Cover by BRANDON PETERSON
It’s the dawn of a new age of TITANS! The events of METAL and NO JUSTICE have left the team in tatters, but a strange new threat has emerged to lead Nightwing to reassemble the Titans with a mix of old blood and new. A rash of metahuman power fluctuations are threatening people around the globe, and only the friends who grew up as superheroes can help those whose powers have grown out of control! It all starts here in this special issue kicking off a bold new direction!
ONE-SHOT • On sale JUNE 13 • 48 pg, FC, $4.99 US • RATED T+

Attached: TTNS-SPEC-1.jpg (864x1311, 156K)

besides Simone, those are all shit writers

The only one worth a damn.

>thief and con artist who runs a strip club.
is this the return of her strip club from Secret Six?

Attached: SuperVillainTeamUp.jpg (1988x3056, 1.18M)

I wish the book wasn't bi-weekly, I love both the artists but I'd prefer consistent stories by both of them. Maybe if the book was split into an A- and B-team with each issue following one with a specific artist associated.
Also I don't like how much mythology changing Snyder claims to be doing, I usually prefer that for solo books

Venditti on a new solo character might be good for him after dealing with a all-star cast for so long, I just hope it doesn't get too dragged down by Hawk-lore

H Y P E

What else has Glass done aside from SS? I like that they seem to be re-organising the team around Damians generation as opposed to a mismatch, here's to hoping that Blue Beetle etc. get confirmed soon.
I can M'Gann being on this team(Remember when the DCYou MMH book was meant to lead to a martian storyline which reintroduced her? I distinctly remember this being a thing)

Meeeeh. But it'll probably reunite Kori and Dick, alongside some more interesting heroes from his gen. Sad to see Wally is still stuck here though, I'm surprised Snyder didn't want him to go full JLU mode

getting a champions vibe from this, hopefully it sticks to telling a good story rather than meandering off about how bad all the "olds" are

Emiko should have kept her mouth mask in this new costume

John Stewart got kicked out by the Asshole Guardians of the Universe?

Oh its J'onn, he is finally out of limbo.

Greaaaaaaaaaaat. Another "here is the true True TRUE secret history of Hawkman" story. By fucking Venditti.

Ugh.

>hyped for simone
marvelfags get out

I'm a S6fag, you get out

Simone has done more things for DC than Marvel.

Nice cover

And this is how they'll get Titans show synergy

Simone may be a shit person with some shitty runs recently but she's still overall good. Definitely the best SJW writer you can find.

Only interested in Justice League when Jorge Jimenez is on art.

terrible
Simone has done nothing but write incredibly shit comics for DC and cause problems. There is no way anyone who actually likes DC comics likes her.
Her absolute "best" is mediocre.

>NO TRUE SCOTSMAN

>Simone may be a shit person with some shitty runs recently but she's still overall good
Simone is not even a real writer and only got into the comics industry by getting attention from throwing SJW tantrums.

wow every single line of dialogue on this page is offensively bad.

It's not really a large set. They had their New Age of Heroes books (although they have been staggered).

It would really have made more sense to renumber JL if DC had sufficient balls to really change the line-up a bit more: adding Hawk Girl and returning Jonn is really not that big of a shake up. Mera on the league was a good addition, and they could have easily dropped WW and Batman (since they are in B&TB) and go back to the auxiliary team member concept that is historical often used.

Also, notwithstanding whatever they do with Flash War, they could have put Wally here as the speedster as well. It's not like he's NOT been a League member for decades or something.

This looks like it will barely last mini-series length.

Except for recognizing that Starfire and some of the others were a bad mix this really again doesn't seem to call for a renumbering. It's like New 52 TT, when they broke it up into two volumes? Why?

Really agree with some here - only Plastic Man is really interesting looking. If Jimenez wasn't doing the art duties on JL, I probably wouldn't be bothering with it.

>WHALE SIMONE
Pass.

mediocre would be better than anything Snyder's ever done

>mediocre would be better than anything Snyder's ever done
Simone will never write anything as good as Black Mirror or Court of Owls.

Or American Vampire. Or After Death. Or Wytches. Snyder has done fair amount of total irredeemable dogshit but he has also written some really good stuff. After Death stands on top honestly. It's a shame people never actually cared to read it.

>since they are in B&TB
That's a mini

those are shitty books

They're streaming a publisher's panel like the one they did for Rebirth at WonderCon, too, so I'd expect more shit to get announced

Maybe
>Titans line-up
>TT line-up
>I hope and pray for a new SS book by Priest

Has anything else been hinted at? Blue Beetle has ended so he'll show up somewhere, NSM looks to be ending soon

you are shitty books

>be Batfag
>have no semblance of standards

Here's hoping the new Hawkman will be good enough to persuade DC to release the Hawkworld ongoing as trades. The last one got cancelled before release.

Katar and Shayera are my favorite rendition of the Hawks.

Why are people sexualizing terrorists and serial killers, thats like opening a strip club with a "sexy bin laden" and "Josie Dahmer"

Not really digging the arm sprouts that Martian Manhunter has. At least he’s on the team with W, S, and B. Now if they can fucking get rid of Cyborg then the line up would be better... almost like DcAu

Weak Robin pose

I'm honestly not the lest but excited for a single thing DCs announced. I'm doublely disheartened by Bendis forcing me to drop two of my books and being the reason super Sons is getting the axe even though it sells better than any of their cancerous "dark metal new age books."

When will Brandon Peterson stop using Poser?

user that cover is absolute ass what the fuckare you saying?

>tfw most writers will ignore MMHs DCYou series
:(

The second issues cover doesn't show him or Aquaman so yeah, its DCAU. Neither solicits mention them either, they're getting bussed off to their own books

>Two faggots comparing garbage.

Oh thank god....

the preview was no fun

exactly. jesus, just write a good hawkman story.

they are releasing new stuff now so what the fuck more new stuff?

are they going to do a huge clean up of the current worst sellers or what?

if mera and sideways die soon im going to be so pissed

Mera is a mini

Bunch of news is coming out of Wondercon get hype

I can't wait to watch socially awkward comics creators sweat nervously on stage for an hour

You're basing characters not being on a cover meaning they're off the team? Don't be retarded.

It only got cancelled because Johns got more control. Johns wants to destroy the DC universe and recreate it in his image.

This will either be the best of the bunch or be so bad that it kills Plastic Man's marketability forever and renders the character unusable. It's going to be the latter. Whale Simone is one of the worst writers ever.

How long until DC finally admits that mixing the Silver Age "alien cop" and Golden Age "reincarnated Egyptian" origins was a mistake?

This doesn't make any sense. Why didn't Johns stop DC from publishing PAD's Aquaman trade when it conflicts with his Aquaman run then?

Not really looking forward to any of these, but Justice League is gonna look great.

Plas still has The Terrifics

and also that mini series isn't even in continuity

Relaunches and creative team changes should not count as phase 2, and neither should minis. They didn't even bother to get a new writer for Titans. DC is the new Marvel.

Anons is sore that Johns run got reprint and Hawkworld didn't get past pre-orders before getting cancelled. It's that simple.

so people aren't aware DC can actually publish good comics

They should try to reprint something better than Hawkworld then. That shit only served to fuck up the Hawks even more.

Fuck off with your reincarnation shilling, Johns. It's better than anything you've ever written. Even other people deserve to have some royalties.

Simone's full of white guilt and pandered to freaks and scammers like Neo-prodigy and Riley Arkh Project.

>Implying I read Johnshit
Do you really think it was a good idea to write an origin story then decide that it was a contemporary story after being published? It fucked with earlier stories that had the Hawks in it after CoIE.

I'd rather they finish reprinting Suicide Squad since there's only ~1.5 trades left.

I rather they just give Codename: Knockout an absolute completed collection

>Do you think it was a good idea
Nobody cares about your nerd knowledge, faggot

GL relaunch

>Cyborg went from a Titans member to a JLer
>Wally went from a JLer to just a Titans member
IT'S NOT FAIR

>Both books are frequently awful and peaked decades ago.

Hmm, really makes me think.

And, if you read what I suggested, it was to start the first arc of Justice League WITHOUT Diana and Bruce and to call them auxiliary members, and let some new people be developed without them - not that they be off the book completely. A nice 6 issue arc would be matched by and just saying they are off dealign with whatever the Eff is going on in B&TB.

>NSM looks to be ending soon

NSM has been relaunched as New Super Man and the Justice League of China.

>New Super Man and the Justice League of China.
And its latest solicit mentions their final mission

Wow you're too new to realize it's actually good, a solid book and it's okay like some stuff from creators you hear Sup Forums deriding.

This. She was ahead of her time, I will give her that.

You're probably a fat dyke or enjoy them.

I feel like this may be due to deciding to put them in a JLI with any other foreigners.

It's dumb to do another rename and relaunch but DC seems to be running around like a chicken with its head cut off for months now if not all of 2017.

Supposedly there are announcements this weekend so maybe that'll be one of them.

where is cyborg?

Chilling with Aquaman

That can't be good, are his cybernetics water proof and for salt water? That can be incredibly corrosive.

>Plastic Man has a high chance of being dogshit
Fucking god damn it.

I just wanna know who's taking over Hal n Pals, or if they're reshuffling the GL books

Seeing Simone on it let me know how fat dykes feel when normal people write gay characters.

Looks like 2018 will be even worse for sales than 2017.

Not good.

Well, JL and Superman/Action Comics should sell well at least. Everything else should do decent or will end up cancelled due to low sells I guess.

You say that like it's not a thing in DC already.
Also thevacationtimes.com/2017/05/real-life-serial-killer-tours/

Attached: batburger.jpg (984x518, 83K)