The Thing alien is now in the last cartoon/animated movie, or Comic book you watched or read

>The Thing alien is now in the last cartoon/animated movie, or Comic book you watched or read.
>How badly is everything fucked?

Attached: The-Thing-Poster.jpg (1061x1600, 276K)

>My Hero Academia
Probably be fine, they're superheros. Freeze guy could immobilize it with ice and then antigravity girl could throw it into space. Before that I was watching Hey Arnold tho, they would have all died.

>Rom: Spaceknight (1979)

Everything turned out better than expected!

Everything is fucked forever. Wht do you all always undersell how unstoppable it is?

Don't undertand you

That's assuming it just shows up and everyone knows exactly what it can do and acts accordingly. If The Thing winds up in an urban area or, god forbid, the fucking ocean then everyone and everything is fucked, All Might be damned.

Well, Rom's whole deal is that he's perfectly suited for hunting, finding, and eliminating insidious evil alien shapeshifters. He's really fucking good at it and by the time the comic starts, he's already wiped out almost all of one variety of them in the whole universe, so why don't you tell me why Rom couldn't deal with the Thing?

>Amazing Screw on Head

>and Emperor Zombie

>Vs The Thing

>Turns out there's a wacky Screw-on Head solution to the thing apocolypse

>Mr.Groin being fresh and familiar

I wish I had the money to make that happen. Why can't rich people be cool and make cool things (hah) like that happen.

>Gravity Falls
This actually sounds like something that would happen on the show, honestly...
But anyways, I'd say that everyone dies horribly and gets absorbed.
Best case scenario: Bill shows up and nukes the thing before it can spread properly

>nanotrasen's 13th space station
Honestly, the real question is; how badly is it fucked?

>OK KO
Looks like the Boxmore kids will be forced into becoming the heroes

Attached: image.jpg (500x409, 70K)

Most settings would be fucked unless it's stuck in Antarctica like it did in the movie. The whole point was keeping that fucker away from any form of life it could potentially infect because it would be unstoppable once it got out.

but the Thing's unintended (?) specialty is mindgames

I love them but all OK KO characters are incredibly gullible, it'd be a massacre

The Thing is smart.
Pepole bring up robots and none organics who could fight The Thing. but they tend to forget The Thing hides in the shadows.
It will do everything it can not to be out in the open.

Attached: 8c03a5ba971c0b4fe2331e1bd1d8af2c.gif (360x164, 423K)

If it's a purely robotic or mechanical world like Robots or Robotomy, they should be pretty safe

A lot of you tend to forget The Thing is a genuies as well as being a deadly monster.
If it was in the DC universe it would be a high tire villain.

Attached: the_thing_by_crazieburd.jpg (685x1000, 748K)

Funny enouth The Gems would be really good at fighting The Thing.
They already hate organics and The Thing is the most disgusting organic of all.

Attached: C2cwTiFWEAUPlvl.jpg (1200x1200, 143K)

It wouldn't work as a villain, it would be too dumbed down so it wouldn't cause irreparable harm to the setting, completely negating how dangerous it should be in the first place.

I thought DC had tons of insanely overpowered villains?

Could the thing assimilate a xenomorph? What with the acidic defence mechanism and all?

Reminder that The Thing can only IMITATE organisms, so no, it can't replicate their powers. It is however still very clever

Would be try to befreind it?

Attached: Wander_over_ginger_.png (429x496, 38K)

Didn't the movie say it imitates them perfectly?
If it got Spidey why wouldn't it get his organic powers too?

Attached: 1518132642817.jpg (160x160, 5K)

Poor little alien never stood a chance...

I wish the thing had more universe and stuff but it'd probably be ruined at some point.

Villains that can be easily written to job and fuck things up because of some plot device or asspull. The threat of the Thing is that you don't know what it is, and by the time you find out it's even there, you have no idea how much of it has spread and who or what it has infected. If you give it a name or a personality, it kills what it is entirely and relegates it to something that has to be punched in the face by the heroes.

The only reason why it didn't completely fuck over Earth was because it crashed in Antarctica and there were no available vectors until the Norwegians unearthed it, you can't introduce a threat like that to a populated setting without dumbing it down immensely.

>Supersons
eh, they'll figure something out

I kind of assume most of the universe got assimlated by The Thing,
Probbly like Halo some advanced alien race hit the nuke all button and almost wiped out The Thing besides the ship that hit Earth.
Well that's my dumb head canon.

Attached: 1516492202414.png (300x300, 54K)

It's hard to say. Every cell of it is technically the entire beast, and it can assemble itself into any organic shape it desires. But we don't know the extent of how complex it's biomass can get. I doubt it could replicate Kryptonian DNA for example, since fire hurts The Thing

>The Simpsons
Finally, my fantasy of Marges hair having rows and rows of teeth could be realized.

I'm pretty sure I read that it got a comic book series.
It went full retard right away.

Sorry, by more universe I meant more media. Poorly worded, I apologize.

>That part where Childs turns out to be infected and runs around shooting guns duelweileded while lauthing like a dumb shit.

What where they thinking?

Attached: the_thing_from_another_world_climate_of_fear_by_theeyzmaster-d924f2s.png (526x354, 213K)

So what characters would you say would be completely unaffected by the Thing? From my understanding, it would be
>Any robotic character that isn't a cyborg
>any ghost, demon or angel character due to being immaterial
>any character that is completely skeletal, elemental or just nonorganic a la Human Torch if his powers are called on and The Thing (heh)
>Any reality bending character that can just break the law of physics

Based on The Pet, probably.

Looks like a Z-tier Ninja Turtles villain

Could the Terminator or the Blob be affected by the Thing? I know the former has synthetic skin to be able to go back in time, but would the synthetic skin be affected at all.
The Blob I'm pretty sure is inorganic and I'd imagine it would just absorb the Thing's mass, but I'm not an expert on it

What about a tetsuo tier telekinesis user? Flesh sculpting and shit.

Green Lantern: Earth-One
Manhunters will save us.

>Sweet Rose! that is the ugliest human I have ever seen!

Attached: tumblr_inline_no1l81zoSR1skuj2h_540.png (295x306, 104K)

You know, I had a thought regarding SU and the Thing brewing in my head for a while
if Steven got infected and it fused with someone, would that gem be infected also?

Attached: image.jpg (1280x1424, 365K)

They're changelings user, and their success varies.

That short story gives us a little insight into The Thing and from it we can assume the more biomass The Thing absorbs, the more it can accomplish. It can partially absorb memories after all and it recalls other worlds before ours but the crash fucked it up. The movie Thing is an extremely weakened version of itself.

The Thing is actually Shin Godzilla

Its possible the Lanterns and/or Manhunters are familiar with this living plague and have protocols for dealing with it. The bots would be entirely immune, Lanterns' shields would keep them safe while on but watch out if a Lantern is infected - I see no reason a Thing couldn't use a power ring any more than it can use a flamethrower

Ben has many, many times been shown to have a baseline-human immunity system, a bit of an oddity for bricks of the marvel universe that tend to be immune to all disease. The Hulk's blood can cure AIDs but Ben catches the common cold every third issue of the Fantastic Four. He is fleshy with a rock-like (not rock, but rock-like) skin, the way we have teeth that aren't fleshy but grow out of flesh.

Attached: gl-earth-one_orig.jpg (885x1400, 265K)

>Usagi Yojimbo

That fucking rabbit has more plot armor than most superheros. He would find a way to beat it.

>The Thing assmilates Steven.
>It can now assimlate rocks.
>Littrauly turns the entire planet into a Thing!

Attached: 1488850156722.gif (674x520, 659K)

Attached: the_thing_from_another_world_eternal_vows_by_theeyzmaster-d9bcr30.png (526x354, 202K)

yes, and he would succeed

>reminded of the Bydo Empire

The Thing with the abilities of the cluster and the biomass of millions of organics at it's disposal.
Fuck.

Urist rants it to death.
Or the fucking Skaven get their warpstones all over it.
Then the greenskins resurrect it because the thing is the only creature that put up a proppa foight

Attached: Urist.jpg (550x550, 106K)

>The thing goes into the shimmer
>Tires to assimilaed everything in the shimmer
>it's own dna gets refracted
>The thing gets to the light house and sees the alien mimic
>Alien mimic comes into contact with the thing now two things exis
Well shit

>It's another Octavius Sector

Attached: 1384750382104.jpg (715x495, 113K)

>Dragon Ball Super
I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing is happening

>Cell and The Thing become buddies.

Attached: 1521061762434.jpg (640x507, 31K)

>Ben 10 Alien Force

Honestly have no idea

>a place further than the universe
It'll happen in the last episode for sure

Attached: 1521746187626.jpg (1280x720, 88K)

Everything's fucked.

Attached: Necromorph - Brethren Moon.jpg (1280x845, 96K)

>Tfw no Thing At The Mountains of Madness OVA.

Attached: 1505697169575.jpg (480x640, 103K)

>Superman the animated series

The Thing gets shoved into a cage in the Fortress of Solitude or gets thrown to some distant moon with no life.

No they’re fucked the ignoring the fact that it could assimilate the planet in months it also has super power dna so it can becoming an eldritch abomination that shoots fire

Well if they’re isn’t any super science sci-fi Or magic like Rom or something than they’re fucked

The Thing vs the Wrath of God.I doubt it it'd be able to do anything to a spirit,so the question is what kind of horrible yet ironic punishment could The Spectre come up with

Attached: Adventure Comics 432.jpg (400x593, 95K)

Well steven universe gets interesting for once fighting a non gem related entity

>x men evolution

Jean/Xavier would probably be able to tell if someone's the thing by mind reading. So if they can isolate anyone who's infected and bring in a flame manipulator, that should take care of it. Unless the thing can absorb powers too - then they'd all die.

Of course the Terminator wouldnt be affected/infected. The synthetic skin isn't organic.

The Blob IS organic, and could in theory be infected much the same as anything else. The ((Thing)) is that the Thing wouldnt be able to do much biologically with a killer blob of mucus/slime.

It would still essentially be the Blob, just all its cells replaced with Thing cells. A Thing Blob would essentially be able to reach places and infect people and animals in a way that regular mammals couldnt.

>Venture Bros
Well that would be interesting

I universe they’ve said it was just a couple of really unlucky alien astronauts who took it for study presumably from its natural habitat and it broke out and one of them decided to go all kamikaze and crash land it onto earth to kill it, didn’t work and he should’ve aimed for the moon

>Demons infected with the Thing

Jesus Christo, it's worse than a lion!

Jesus I wonder what a full powered thing would be like in its natural habitat, what type of natural predators could’ve evolved against it

Could the thing even top some of the shit at mountain if madness I doubt the unspeakable horror living there has dna for it to assimilate or it’s so complex that even the thing would get fucked

>natural habitat
>natural predator evolution
it's a bioweapon you mong
its empty containment tub is found in the wreckage of the UFO it landed on

>Invader Zim

INTERESSANT

Attached: vmpfvmpf.png (500x375, 411K)

Why would you make a thing bio weapon it’s retarded in every way and just replaces the life there with a insanely powerful monstrosity, plus it really was was just some alien that got captured for study

The Thing arrives in 1890s London. A call goes out to Mina Harker, Captain Nemo, Alan Quartermain, the Invisible Man and Mr Hyde.

Can it see infrared? Hyde's brute strength may help for a bit. Nemo may have something aboard the ship. Otherwise it's gonna be tough.

>warhammer text to speech device
one thing vs the emperium sounds like it would be pretty quick

Bill zaps it.

>Only one of us gets to twist up THIS dimension, pup!

>The Thing is smart.

Literally everything the Thing does speaks to the contrary. The Thing is clever, and a cunning ambush predator, but it acts like a fucking dipshit constantly.

By short story, do you mean the original novella or the one printed in that magazine that was from the Thing's perspective? Because I hate to break it to you, but the latter was basically fanfiction and is entirely non-canon.

>building most of a spaceship out of antarctic outpost junk in like a day
>dumb
No, user, you're the dipshit. Or maybe... the Thing wasn't thought out all that well

The Thing is basically a jailbroken Shoggoth.

>DCAU
Only Amazo can save us now.

FUCK OFF
You wank The Thing to a universe level threat just because that one scientists said he could destroy the world in a few days outside the Artic.

You're worse than those guys that wank fucking Pennywise the Dancing Clown because MUH MACROVERSE.

Just go away.

Rom is amusingly a hard counter. Annalyzer+Throwing them into Lmbo fucks up The Thing's day.

>Wanking The Thing this hard

You have a fucking problem, you know that?

He's literally small potatoes compared to the space gods and shit the JLA have to deal with. Fucking pick an issue from the Kelly or Morrison runs at random, you'll find the JLA fighting something that would slap the Thing's shit like a small child.

>Imitates them perfectly
>All those tells when the old guy gets infected in his hutch
>Dogs keep their fucking distance from it

No. It would not become Superman by copying Superman. The Thing is not a perfect copier by any stretch of the imagination.

They had an entire episode about this.

Attached: Screenshot_20180322-074216.jpg (987x620, 309K)

Just have Mary Poppins deal with it.

>Repairing a spaceship
How do you know it wasn't just throwing stuff together praying it would work?

Rings take an enormous amount of Willpower to use and even then they all have A.I. In the ring that could prevent them from using the ring. Not to say it’s impossible to get around these things, but there are some barriers for The Thing to get over before Emerald Twilight on our asses.

The dogs saw it though

>Storks
Thing infects the baby factory, every baby is a Thing, every baby infects every delivery stork, every baby gets delivered to their parents, and the entire world is populated by a Thing hivemind in under 24 hours.

Only after it transformed. They were keeping their distance before because they could tell something was wrong with it.

Dunno, I think BRPD may actually have a chance, if not for everything else already trying to kill humanity for good

Attached: Chronological mignolaverse lanka 26 6.jpg (2048x1457, 1.54M)

Wait, there's a ROM cartoon???

Swamp Thing can probably handle it

No they didn't.
The dog thing came in and sat down and all the dogs where cool with it for like a couple of mintues.
But then The Thing began to make fucked noises and the dogs figured out it wasin't no dog.
Then it transformned.

I'm fairly certain Carpenter commented about it and said it was canon but I can't find source for my claim

Either way it was still good

Are you retarded? The only reason our planet had a chance was because it landed in the arctic in a burning heap. Even it's cells attempt self-preservation or did you forget the fucking blood scene?

>Even it's cells attempt self-preservation
Not him, but is this supposed to sound impressive?
All micro-organisms do this. It shows that the Thing is hard to get rid of, nothing more.

The Thing is a scary and dangerous motherfucker, but stop wanking it into the biggest baddest thing ever. It detracts from how neat The Thing is.

>all micro-organisms do this

Attached: 1483417316748.png (623x561, 109K)