I MAGA by making those ducats and paying taxes

I grossed $34/hr in 98 miles between 10pm-1:30am driving uber tonite. What did you do yesterday to MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN?

What's surge? What's boost?

Uber driving sounds pretty alright to be honest. A lot of people complain but as long as your car isn't super new and you're alright getting it steam cleaned to get the drunk smell out it can't be that bad.

Making America Great Again does not entail driving around drunk millennials to degenerate clubs

Surge is a surcharge that the riders pay in times of high demand. Boost is a bonus that uber pays to encourage drivers to work during busy times (weekends/evenings/early mornings). Smart drivers can adjust their schedules to take advantage of all the boost incentive periods available during the week.

That's the beauty, I can quit and go home before people have gotten a chance to get that drunk yet.

Which metro are you in?

No its not beautiful, you're enabling degeneracy by driving them in the first place

>$34/hr in 98 miles

So what do you get to keep after expenses and taxes?

Uber is a mugs game. In Australia it works out to about $5/hr after expenses

'gig economy' more like slave labour. At least slaves get regular work

Basically all calculations show Uber to be a net loss for the driver when you factor in fuel use and wear.

If you luck out on conditions you're making minimum wage over the time you spend.

Only in cities like NY can it actually be worth it.

I work Northern VA, DC, and Montgomery County, MD

Theirs and daddy's money is green, just the same as black ppl's.

It costs 20¢ per mile to run my car, so 20¢x98=$19.60 in expenses. The IRS mileage deduction is 54¢ per mile, means I only pay tax on $93 in income instead of the $146 paid out. 35% (20% fed, 5% state, 10% payroll) is $32 in taxes.

$146.35-$19.60-$-32=$95 cash in my pocket for 5 hours work. Just because because you have a $25/hr desk job means you bring home a full $1,000 paycheck for 40 hours.

>20¢ per mile

ok

is that just for fuel, or have you factored in other wear and tear, tyres, insurance (assuming your insurance even covers the car being used for Uber) etc etc

I mean good on you for working, but it's just good to keep these other expenses in mind.

Buy them bitches some maccas. Bitches love maccas.

Washington DC is a top-5 US city for driver earnings. There are about 40 hours per week available in the late evenings and weekends when a driver can consistently earn $25+/hr.

They become a nite owl in the car and have zero social life as well.

I took 4 ubers while in DC and they were all driven by slavs or africans.

That's everything...fuel, tires, brakes, oil changes, other maintenance insurance, and property taxes. My total maintenance expenses have never been over $1k in a year + $2k in gas whereas I've nearly had $10,000 to deduct for mileage at the IRS rate. Car has 180k miles on it and is really cheap to run now that the depreciation has bottomed out.

Just back 11:30 pm - 2:30 pm

44 miles, net $135

Let me add...all lyft in Seattle. A couple plus rides.

Yes, this is true. I've never had a white driver in DC as a rider. Lots of Indians and creepy old black dudes driving too.

I'm a 10th-generation American and as white as they come. A lot ppl say I'm the first white driver they've ever had and I've given around 4,000 rides so far.

Yep white here also get the same comments.
I like how many think I am hard up....I have a 800k+ house in the city ...beautiful family.
When they get mosey and ask questions they see the deal.

I wonder if it's economically viable to forgo ever buying a car and just uber to work everyday. I'd have to do the math but if its less then car loan payment, insurance, gas, and maintenance combined monthly then it'd be worth trying.

I don't know as a customer.... I think it's spendy paying $8-10 going to and from places.
But if you do the math maybe you can come close....but I'd rather have my own car and such.

tipping a (you) because I have not seen the ¢ sign in about 30 years