Shape of Water is Sup Forums right?

Guillermo del Toro is the type of person who learns about the world exclusively thru reading the fun facts off the back of Snapple Caps. Little over the half hour mark we get introduced to the Main Antagonists stay at home Housewife who is the hottest character in the whole goddamn movie.

>18 minutes into the Shape of Water
>Government Agent explains to the Main Female Protagonist the correct way to pee
>Always wash your hands BEFORE you pee so you don't have to wash them once you're done.
>22 minutes into the movie
>"Cornflakes were scientifically designed to refrain the psychological need to Masturbate" - Del Toro

Attached: images.jpg (310x163, 6K)

It's not Sup Forums

Great movie, not Sup Forums

This however does not mean I want this thread removed.

I mean...i'm seeing why this movie isn't a Hellboy Prequel but man I want it to be.

excellent movie. Not Sup Forums though.

I truly am not caring for the B-Plot about the Jello Salesmen for the fetish for Key Lime Pie

His storyline sucks ass

I didn't expect the protagonist to masturbate so much. And so quickly too. And I was genuinely surprised that we got to see Delilah's husband; I just assumed he'd just be a continuing offscreen gag.

the link says Sup Forums but why does it feel like I'm in a stupid Sup Forums thread

You know, I can't actually eat cornflakes, creamed corn, or corn-based deserts anymore because they're too sweet and I've gotten too used to associating corn as a side dish of savory dishes.

You really only payed enough attention to grasp "jello salesman" and "fetish for key lime pie" out of his plot?

Because Abe's origin story is different?

I read the story MANY times and it is an amazing story to read but goddamn it the only thing I can remember about it is Abe on a sail boat smoking a cigar and showing off his Fit Abs

>Always wash your hands BEFORE you pee so you don't have to wash them once you're done.

I've always liked this kind of senselessness, because there's this seductive gonzo logic to it. For instance, the reverse of that statement "Always pee before you wash your hands so you don't have to pee after you're done," sounds even more absurd (what if you need to wash your hands, but don't need to pee?) even though we know Strickland's philosophy is hygienically unsound.

The only thing different about it was Abe was found somewhere in the Bible Belt during the Civil War

Whereas this thing which is the exact same species was found in South America scaring away Oil Workers

What I didn't get was how the movie's sentiment towards the Cold War epoch was that the sooner it was over, the better, but it would leave the illustrator behind any more because his craft was being replaced by photos for advertising.

Lauri Torni bring death to gommunits in thread :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Attached: Lauri Torni.jpg (1024x534, 81K)

That is a perfect Jar Shaped Head like its perfectly rectangular

>Cold War Commie Hunting is bad, you guys!
>But the Commies are out to get America and even have technology that can sabotage the nation's electronics

Was del Toro drunk? If you're going to make the USA spooks the bad guys, you're not supposed to show that the fears/conceits they're operating under are valid. It's not Cold War Paranoia if they're really out to get you!

Attached: the-shape-of-water-michael-shannon-bob.jpg (2000x1333, 1.52M)

Cant tell if I'm way too tired or if your sentence was hard to read because I still dont know what you said to me.

I like how he only gets slightly less angry over the years.

The first red flag you see in the movie was the Gay Jello Salesmen having a minor tard moment when the deaf girl accidentally changes it to live footage of civil rights protests getting attacked by sprinklers

I think this tells you how Del Toro see's himself even tho he does a fantastic job keeping to Historical Accuracy

I liked that realistic-ness to it, a lot of women do masturbate quite often and it's not all slow and sensual.

How's that scene a red flag? A lot of people purposefully turn a blind eye to the bad shit happening around them if it doesnt effect them personally.

Del Toros Abe is an almost completely original character anyway

If you're doped out of your goddamn mind on Valium that you take an entire bottle a day what the fuck else are you going to do beside masturbate your only job is to not leave the house less its specifically to go buy more groceries.

The only part I didn't like was the extremely goofy black-and-white dance sequence. Sure there's a bit of justification because the girl's roommate keeps making her watch old timey musical romance movies, but man was it overall discordant from the rest of the film.

I wasn't prepared for how macho comic Abe was compared to his movie counterpart.

nice hellboy

I'm stating its a red flag because of how inconsistent the narrative feels

>He relates to the Black Community being discriminated against
>But only because he's gay
>Which leads me to assume that the Black Community would accept him
>Despite the fact they would hate him just the same

Its like a fight between the Feminist Movement and the Transgender Movement

Silly as it was, it was such an obvious personal fantasy to Elisa, being able to talk/sing and performing in big flashy musicals, made even sillier by the added amphibian man joining in, but I quite liked it, and it made the scene so much sadder when it faded back to Elisa sitting silently at the table.

The dance scene at the beginning of the movie was cut. It was also incredible how she did it in heels and probably took 1000 takes because shy the fuck did she not lose balance and fall down

What? When did it even state he relates to the black community for being discriminated against?

He's almost certainly trying to fuck with you here. That or he's just a bit of a tard.

Well that's what I assumed the character was thinking because Del Toro is trying to write a Modern Liberal Man in an Area where Liberalism was identified as Treason.

Not alone, no idea what the hell he said...

the wife has a Christina Harrington vibe

I think OP is retarded. Remember to sage because original live action movies are not Sup Forums

This is retarded.
The communists aren't portrayed as sympathetic. Only Michael Stuhlbarg's character is, because he's a compassionate intellectual. The KGB goons are shown as little better than Strickland.

This movie is the best If you consider notAbe to be a real lovecraftian Dagon spawn, so that pancaku soldier is in the right, and the end is the mutie becoming one of those disgusting frog matrices.

> 99407475
you might want to consider visiting Sup Forums, better place to stumble incoherently

She was super hot but the bloody finger scene was gross as fuck.

>The long term plan for Communism according to this movie isn't so the Communists can learn about something new before the Americans its about keeping the Americans dumber then the average dumb Communist

((I sense a theme here))

Attached: HJ27Qn5.jpg (602x602, 49K)

"original" lol

This movie is absolutely irrelevant to Comics and Cartoons. Go back to Everyone else report the OP for breaking >>>Sup Forumsrules/1

I didn't get that at all.
I mostly noticed how lonely he ended up making himself, he stayed mostly closeted until he was much older, but got outed for being gay, to which the advertising company that employed him stopped using his work for various reasons without outright saying 'It's because you're gay'.
Then he tries to come out more with a younger man working at a dessert shop, low and behold it doesn't work out and he's shunned from there too.
Like they really beat it in how he has practically no one and isolated himself, I'm pretty sure there's a whole scene to him talking about it.

Dude's a fucking closet faggot then

Like dude come on you're out in public and you're having a nice conversation the fuck do you need to sexually rub my hand for get your other hand out of your goddamn pants

I love this film, but begone from this place

I'm convinced this post was meant for Sup Forums. user doesn't even try to connect it to Sup Forums.

>Dude's a fucking closet faggot then
No shit?
He was closeted and worked mostly appearing as a straight man for so long he never even attempted to join what few gay groups existed, while sad, was for his own safety and an attempt to keep his lifestyle.
Something happens though and his employer finds out about his sexuality, and he gets outed for being gay, well now he doesn't have that community he was in before, and he doesn't know how to even attempt to be open about it since he so painfully failed at flirting with the pie shop guy.
It's like being halfway in the closet, nobody wants you there.

Thats what I went in thinking, especially with those scars of her neck, but by the end I simply couldn't get the Creature from the Black Lagoon with magic scenario out of my head.

Really do with he hit the Lovecraft angle harder.

would you fuck a fishwoman though?

Attached: 18d.png (600x600, 108K)

Senpai touching another man's hand like that is not halfway that is one tier below putting a dick in another dudes mouth or ass.

>Glowing amphibian goddess
Duh.
I'd fuck the fishman too.

>Asking this question on Sup Forums

That is guaranteed replies son.

>that is one tier below putting a dick in another dudes mouth or ass.
That's funny as hell.

Attached: 1483210780975.png (151x134, 36K)

Were you there during the Breathe of the Wild threads when people were drawing pictures of Trap Link sucking off or getting fucked hard in the ass by the male Gerudo boy?

Sup Forums is very gay

but do you might have to jack off on fish eggs

Attached: OK.jpg (600x600, 30K)

....maybe

Attached: 1492808562482.jpg (812x698, 273K)

Is that a question?

Attached: MV5BM2E1ODA1MDMtZTIyMi00ZmY5LTgwMWEtZDdiNTc5YmVjNjc1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTgxOTIzNzk@._V1_.jpg (662x495, 64K)

No Fry

I'm sensing some aggressive sexual frustration over at Nintendo.

>Making it look as humanoid as possible

Defeats the whole purpose either admit to being a furry or you're just being a faggot

A fish doesn't have a vagina and Fish don't exactly have something that can loosely be described as sex

Drawfags envision this

>A fish doesn't have a vagina and Fish don't exactly have something that can loosely be described as sex
But if this is a female version of the fishman from the movie, then she isnt exactly 100% Just A Fish, she's a literal Goddess.
I'm saying she can easily have a vagina and have vaginal sex.

Man, that was greasy of him to lie in Strickland's face after getting shot. Understandable, but still, the gall of this guy. He actually thought he could get away with poking both Ivan and Uncle Sam at the same time!

>It's not Cold War Paranoia if they're really out to get you!
Joe McCarthy killed organized, non-partisan anti-communist efforts so hard that the fallout from his behavior still impacts American politics 6 decades later. Just because your fears are valid doesn't mean you get to be a colossal jackass about everything.

Man if only you thought it could work that way a regular vagina basically already feels like a cold fish it feels no different

>Main Antagonist would rather fuck some retarded mute girl so he can have completely silent missionary sex despite the fact his fingers would still bleed

What is this idiots deal? I get that missionary was the preferred sexual position back during that time but man half of sex is its suppose to be noisy

Strictly in the United States tho

Its just rapidly evolved into something more cancerous which is spying and then threatening to arrest shitposters instead of real criminals

>a regular vagina basically already feels like a cold fish it feels no different

Attached: 1491796753999.gif (245x245, 1.79M)

>What is this idiots deal?
It's his fetish.

>Completely silent missionary sex

Ah yes. Sup Forums's preferred method. IE the most boring fucking method in the whole fucking world

At least when you look at all Vanilla acts of sex at least Anal is the funnest