Show is produced while cartoons are airing on DisneyChannel

>Show is produced while cartoons are airing on DisneyChannel
>By the time it's done, it is shoved onto DisneyXD during their awkward transition phase, making it hard to gather a fanbase
>Disney only recently starts up streaming and hadn't quite figured out how to utilize it yet
>Disney rejects having any continuity until season two and cancels it before season two even airs
>Disney decides to start airing cartoons on DisneyChannel again

So this gem got super fucking shafted, right?

Attached: S1e7_Wander_with_Westley_in_song.jpg (1365x768, 165K)

Other urls found in this thread:

crackmccraigen.tumblr.com/post/140284051144/some-thoughts-on-heavy-serialization
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>gem

It got shafted onto DisneyXD because nobody liked it other than vorefags

Disney had nothing to do with S1 not having episode-to-episode continuity, and just having that format doesn't mean a show will be better.

The issue is less Disney Channel having poor management, and more that all network stations (especially for the kids/animation channels) are struggling to find the same levels of viewership with cordcutters and generational disinterest in television. I agree that it was poor timing for the show coming out while they were still trying to figure out DisneyXD and their apps.

The worst case of luck in my opinion is that it only started to gain a somewhat active fanbase after the show had already ceased production. It is what it is, at least it ended while it was still good. Even if it hurts, I prefer that to seeing a show go on too long until it's a glimmer of what it once was. I am annoyed that the last episode basically ended on a cliffhanger new season villain tease.

Alright I'll bite, what the fuck's the connection you're referring to?

Attached: hater_grinch.jpg (500x349, 46K)

>Disney had nothing to do with S1 not having episode-to-episode continuity, and just having that format doesn't mean a show will be better.

crackmccraigen.tumblr.com/post/140284051144/some-thoughts-on-heavy-serialization

>A few years ago some comedy cartoons started integrating complex and serious plots into their shows, and it was a refreshing change from the status quo. Finally we thought this was our chance to tell deeper stories and when I first started Wander back in 2011, I asked if I could make it a serialized 22-minute show. I was simply told no.
>The Network really wanted Wander to be produced in the classic, stand alone 11 minute format, because they felt that’s where they would get the most bang for their buck. And from a programming standpoint I could understand that.

>vore
okay I can understand WOY being called a lot of things but VORE? what DID he mean by this?

Attached: 1519979558611.jpg (261x193, 13K)

Maybe his phone autocorrected from lore fags.

I read this before and remembered it differently, you were right user.

>a phonefag and a cunt
later hater

And also a vorefag apparently, why else would his phone autocorrect it.

There was barely any lore or vore and the show was great because of it.

>nobody liked it other than vorefags
huh

Attached: 1520389981135.jpg (352x240, 12K)

>XD
kill yourself.

>until it's a glimmer of what it once was
>glimmer
But she's a fantastic character and made the show better.

>was great because of it.
Are you an idiot?

The creator wanted to go full on lore with it, but the company didnt let him.

Abd having no lore dont make something good or not.

Overrated show. People only liked it because it was "cartoony". It's only appeal was top tier waifu

>hates WoY
>but loves Dominator
Ah, the worst people on the planet

Totally

>only good part of WOY was Dominator

Attached: huh.png (1920x980, 1024K)

He's right you know

Attached: smug dominator.png (1268x610, 831K)

Listen I love Dominator and all but if you didn't enjoy Hater then you're a fucking moron

Attached: Screenshot (2541).png (1902x997, 1.02M)

I loved Hater
He was the best

>vore

Attached: 1495692353110.png (840x594, 275K)

sodomize yourself with a cactus

>taste this shit actually exists

Attached: 1520621810571.png (412x298, 356K)

She is shit, SHIT.

Speaking of Dominator, why the fuck do people think that she wouldn't/shouldn't be redeemed in a hypothetical S3?

Choose one

>Dominator gets converted
>More than likely forced to shove in some retarded melodramatic backstory to explain her actions
>Doesn't make any sense because the entire second season was devoted to showing that she's a bad person just because she wants to be a bad person
>Has killed literal billions
>Redemption shoots any chance of good synergy with Wander and Hater in the foot right off the gate, being a good guy would nullify her reason to hate Wander and ability to mesh with Hater
>Predictable

or

>Hater finds Dominator at the edge of the galaxy, can't bring himself to kill her and imprisons her on the Skullship
>Dominator wants to go back to destroying shit, leading to her breaking out of the prison sector to try and escape so much that Hater ends up installing a forcefield around the ship that can only be deactivated by him
>Dominator gets to walk around the Skullship freely, but has virtually nothing to do because none of the Watchdogs like her and beating them up gets old quickly
>Starts shooting the shit with Hater out of boredom
>The two most socially inept, rage-fueled manchildren in the galaxy eventually become something vaguely resembling friends
>Dominator never becomes a good person, but gradually becomes less of a social wreck and finds that having someone she can actually spend time with and interact with positively is immensely satisfying
>Hater frequently has to play good cop to someone that knows how to follow through and makes him look like a paragon of ethics
>Wander has to deal with the fact that a villain exists that genuinely despises him and cannot be converted
>You get to watch two Haters

Dominator not being redeemed is a much more entertaining prospect.

Attached: 1514964038123.png (184x184, 53K)

S2 actually had some of the most consistent quality I've seen in a cartoon for a while. You can tell Craig's really competent in this.

>>Doesn't make any sense because the entire second season was devoted to showing that she's a bad person just because she wants to be a bad person
Well that's just not true user, she was certainly hinted at having been somehow wronged in the past

>Why are you like this?
>I don't know. Just lucky, I guess.

>has an entire song dedicated to her not being anything other than a bad person, explicitly states in said song she finds her actions to be fun

Dominator doesn't have any valid reason for being such a colossal prick. She just is.

Attached: YIKES.png (1902x835, 1.18M)

I believe you meant the GREATEST IN THE GALAXY

Attached: giphy[1].gif (640x345, 420K)

I didn't exactly word my post correctly. I definitely didn't want Dominator to get converted all the way, but there's no reason to believe that there's no hope for her to become a better person. In the finale she clearly considers Wander's 'offer', but she lets her ego get in the way of it.

I do agree that Dominator having a sad backstory would suck ass.

Attached: DomFace.png (747x532, 318K)

>smug obnoxious fem posting
every dominator fag is pure shit, it's astounding just how shit they are

it feels good to say this even if you are 100% unable to process why you're so annoying

Yea, the animation detail was bumped up noticeably. I respected how in the BG of Dominator's ship you could see constant lava flowing through the cracks, and that it wasn't just a yellow/red blur to get the idea across. I love animation details that minor that really complete the atmosphere but usually go unnoticed. Also her tits jiggled and that was crazy. The only bad thing was how annoying Dominator was most of the time, sometimes she was fine but the quirky shit got grating and the "i'm the baddest badass EVUR" too.

>a

Attached: wander.webm (1920x1080, 1.5M)

I wouldn't mind her slightly improving in some aspects, like learning to not go apeshit any time something doesn't go her way, but it'd be essential for her to still be a mostly horrible person.

You know damn well most people only care about the show because of dominator you fuck. as one of the few people who always liked the show from the start, I hate all of you dominatorfags

Attached: 1520771927820.jpg (600x837, 77K)

This show was the worst pile of shit I have ever seen, I would rather watch teen titans go over this shit, if you like this show you are a shitty person

how long do you think it's going to take for that worthless cunt to post the same image of hater and the same copypasta saying anyone and everyone who likes dominator is a waifu and they somehow ruined the show?
the same person who took the one thing away from me that made me happy, discussing this show, the month it was getting canceled with all of his shitposting.
and now i cant make threads anymore without him showing up and starting fights.
If you see this, I hope you burn in hell. Get fucked you worthless troll.

Maybe if we all ignore him he'll go away

>vore
wut

>People only liked this cartoon because it was cartoony
the hell are ya trying to get at here

>I'd rather watch a show where everyone's a cunt to each other and incredibly fucking obnoxious than a show I can't believe even exists, one about, dare I say it, a protagonist who wants to do good and has everyone's best interest at heart and is selfless and would die trying to make someone happy
I get if you don't like it, it can be downright juvenile at times, but it's incredibly inoffensive and to be so strongly against it is baffling, the humor isn't even as obnoxious as Teen Titans Go's "hardee har har!! he he he! ho ho ho!! HAHAHAHAHAHAH" bullshit where they act like fucking 2 year olds. THAT is grating. I can only think of a few things from WoY that were even close to that kind of obnoxious.

Dominatorfag offended kek

You faggots are worse than the sonic fanbase and SU fanbase combined

But I hate Dominator and her fags, I left out an example just because it was one of hers and I didn't want to deal with creating a shitstorm.

But all I did was point out that the show isn't offensive in the least and isn't even as annoying as you're "rather would" example. Not liking it is fine but don't be surprised if I point out your reasons don't make sense or should at least be explained better.

>Liking a show about an annoying talking peanut who talks about friendship
>Implying it even compares to a halarious comedy that has been on the air for 5 years
If my show sucked it would have been cancelled, liking this shit makes you a Dominatorfag by default

>People only liked it because it was "cartoony"
Guilty as charged, but how is that a bad thing? I'd take ten cartoony shows over one plot-heavy adventure show.

You should be cut off from internet conmection forever like seriously

>people only like a cartoon because it was cartoony
>actual words said on a cartoon/comics board
>it's so CURRENT YEAR that cartoons being cartoons and not soap dramas is a bad thing

Attached: 1489148787624.jpg (561x449, 28K)

>shitstorm

As a huge Dominatorfag I wouldn't particularly mind you pointing out one of her dud scenes, it's not like she was immune to them or anything.

this is why ttg fags are shit, always this pretentious

Hey man, don't let one extreme autist speak for the rest of us. We're only half autistic.

Who is best character, and why is it Wander?____

Because, as has been stated before, it's been way too long since we had a character who was as optimistic and helpful as him.

I don't know, it feels like 80% of protagonists in cartoons right now are either naive optimists or quirky optimists.

It'd be nice to get a couple more Dan Vs characters in the mix.

I feel like Wander's the best we're ever gonna get.
>goes out of his way to help, travels the universe for the sake of helping
>isn't spongebob, he isn't just nice and naive, he actually cares about helping and doesn't just do it sometimes
>has a whole bit about how perfectly great it makes him feel when he helps
>puts himself in harm's way (knowingly or not) to help
and the best part is, he doesn't cry all the fucking time

My only issue is that they made him a bit too naive sometimes, like genuinely mindless, but it wasn't often. Plus, they started treating it less like naivety and more of a wise "everything works out in the end" mindset, like even if he died doing something he would die trying to help someone. I think whatever was coming in Season 3 was going to reflect more of his inner workings. It's a fucking shame, I liked seeing him have challenges and being aware things aren't perfect in Season 2, but Craig and a few writers have said S2 was about testing Hater, and saying S3 would be testing Wander implied all off his challlenges in Season 2 were just the surface of what he'd be going through.

I'd also like to bring up it was a horrible idea to make his sadness over the top and wacky in The Flower, and that Craig shouldn't have been patting whoever that one girl's back was who did it. It was our first episode seeing Wander devastated and heartbroken, we had already had teary eyed water bowl cat mouths that flip around to a smile back when the show was more lighthearted, they should've taken it seriously. I'd probably think less of it if we had more serious moments with him being sad in S3 but that never happened.

Honestly I wouldn't have wanted the third season to focus on Wander, the main characters in descending order of importance should have been

>Hater
>Dominator (god knows she needed the spotlight)
>Wander
>Peepers

Wander had the spotlight for the first two seasons, he dominated S1 and a large portion of S2 was focused around him.

Also I wish they'd gone down the Emperor Peepers route for S3

Attached: Screenshot (2797).png (1920x999, 1.26M)

well the series is called w a n d e r over yonder, not the amazing universe of wander

They fucked themselves on not writing Dominator good enough in her debut season, Season 3 would've been Peepers in that descending order thing, and Dominator as a side story as she builds up her evil lust again.

What even is your issue with it you dolt.

It's BAIT you idiot

Attached: 1461490382938.png (483x456, 201K)

fair enough, but I was curious if there's any criticism out there aside from "it's boring", even if used as bait

GOD TIER:
Liking the show and fapping to Dominator

HIGH TIER:
Liking the show and liking Dominator
Liking the show and disliking Dominator

LOW TIER:
Disliking the show

SHIT TIER:
Disliking the show and waifuing Dominator

what tier is
>liking Dominator as a change of pace and bringing a sense of mild peril to the series but thinking she's a shit character
and
>liking the show for the positive and upbeat vibes, watching for Wander (but not husbandofagging)

>not picking best boy to be your husbando

I don't have a husbando. Or a waifu.

Fair enough, you do you.

Dominator was written well, but as a plot device. Her character was fine, but S2 was essentially just a prologue to it, a point to jump off to give her proper development. Season 3 should have focused more on Dominator as a character, put more emphasis on her flaws and personality traits and give her actual relationships with characters that affect who she is as a person (Wander and Hater, mostly).

A retread of S2 as a side story would blow hard because not only does Dominator need the spotlight, given her need for genuine development to succeed as a character, but also because it would have been one-note for her to just focus around trying to be evil again. That said, the idea would work well as an early S3 arc, but it should end in failure and provide Dominator with the suffering that she was supposedly going to go through.

Attached: 1497392315276.png (1920x933, 1.24M)

>mindlessly shit on anyone that talks about Dominator in a positive light
>Dominator fans are annoying
What you say champ

THE DUKE OF DESTRUCTION
THE MONARCH OF MAYHEM
THE GREATEST IN THE GALAXY

>not Lord Hater

Attached: get me another candle.png (1920x988, 1.5M)

you have good taste too

ttgo is good fuck you

>"Oh, user..."

Attached: oqxyvqhRTY1wo754to6_r2.png (540x590, 204K)

>normie-tier fetish with a normie-tier waifu
typical

Your, uhh...............knee is leaking......

this thread reminded me that i loved the hell out of this show now im drawing smut

Attached: 1461379299129.png (605x464, 329K)

So your version of a sweet happy ending is Hater abducts Dominator and locks her in his ship until she's eventually forced to spend time with him?

At what point does he give her a bowl of eggs to eat?

haha imagine if lord d knocked up sylvia

haha what do you think Sylvia's eggs smell like

like lord dominator haha

but user, sylvia is for literally anyone else

because Sylvia vored her and then Wander fucked Sylvia and made her pegenant haha

so thats what meant

>I left out an example just because it was one of hers and I didn't want to deal with creating a shitstorm.
Okay, I don't know what version of reality you're living in but the only people that raise hell over Dominator are her haters

Thanks for reminding me of one of my favorite moments in the show, it's Hater at his absolute pettiest and it's fucking hilarious.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYW9BwSIcgk

haha what would wander and sylvia's babies look like haha

like lord dominator haha

i think youve confused giving birth with taking a shit

When you stander
Over therer
and you wear a stupid hat

>MUSTARD OR MAYO?
>MUSTARD OR MAYO?
>MUSTARD OR MAYO?
>MUSTARD OR MAYO?
>MUSTARD OR MAYO?

Dominator has nothing left post-S2. She has nowhere to live, the entire galaxy is either Hater, Wander or wanting to have her head on a pike, she more than likely won't find any supplies or resources necessary to rebuild her shit in any meaningful capacity, and she has absolutely nobody left to interact with, negatively or otherwise. She gets to choose between losing all rational thought off at the border of the galaxy all alone, not pushing Wander away by assaulting him every time he comes near her, or getting to live in a badass spaceship with all the necessary components one would need to live a somewhat normal day-to-day life.

Hater, frankly, should send a lightning bolt through her skull, both for fucking him over like that and from an ethical standpoint. Imprisoning her and keeping her from a potential second coming and genocidal spree would be doing everyone else a favor and let her off easy.

She wouldn't HAVE to spend time with him, but what else would you do in her situation? You have to find some way to kill time. The Watchdogs would get boring after a while, and they're your only other source of potential social interaction.

Also the whole imprisonment thing is more a framework than a serious plot point; I'm sure Hater and Dominator would go out and fuck around across the galaxy before long, anyway, and I imagine she'd get her own living quarters and free roam around the Skullship

Attached: 1517541793949.jpg (591x522, 39K)

>The skullship is your home now, you can go anywhere you wish, *except* my room.
What's in your roo-
>IT'S FORBIDDEN!

Attached: beauty and the beast.jpg (1920x1080, 70K)

Attached: 1504551586388.png (873x638, 622K)

It wasn't very good. The only good thing was the animation. It just wasn't funny so nobody cared.

>consistently pulls in great ratings upon debuting, over 2 mil viewers per episode on average
>ratings immediately go downhill when it gets moved to XD
>one episode that aired on Channel after the move got the same ratings as it initially did
>nobody cared

???????

Would Dominator calm down if she was thoroughly raped?

Attached: 1481490119015.jpg (895x1019, 355K)

how could anyone fail to love this?

Because kids watch everything on this slot. Gravity Falls also changed the channel but could keep relativly good ratings. Truth is Woy had no dicated fans.