Why the fuck does russia keep running this... thing... in its current state

why the fuck does russia keep running this... thing... in its current state

clearly this thing needs some fucking engine maintenance at the very least before sending it to goddamn syria

this is like the guy who doesnt maintain his car to the point where its rusted to shit and the engine is spewing out fucking smoke except this is on a massive fucking scale with your only fucking carrier

at this point you could swap in fucking coal fired steam engines and it would be better

>but at least russia has a carrier you fucking leaf
yes and if we ever got a proper government and built a carrier of our own i guarantee it would be maintained properly

the worst part is you fucking had a good aircraft carrier but you sold the fucking nice clean one to the fucking indians and kept the piece of rusted smoke spewing shit for yourself whan really it should have been the other way around

Other urls found in this thread:

rt.com/uk/367120-royal-navy-warships-missiles/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

it looks like its being fucking towed here too

Why is it relevant how your warship looks like if it fulfills its purpose.

Looks fine to me.
We sold the same type of carrier.

the deal is it isnt really

you cant have important military equipment like this be so unreliable

yes i understand it was basically left to rot in the open air after the USSR fell and shit but it really should be taken home taken to a good shipbuilding yard and completely overhauled rusty spots patched swap its shit engines for nuclear or even diesel at this point. You dont keep running something like this when its not working properly instead of fixing it you only make problems worse

it launches planes fine but i still think theres something very very wrong with the engines as in i hate to think what the engines look like

you dont just throw off black smoke like that and not have some serious problem with the engines

are they actually gonna be finally converting it to nuclear next year?

Fuck off, bellingcat.

Nothing is wrong with it. It's not nuclear powered and nobody uses smoke to track ships anymore. It carries way more defensive and offensive missile capability than the average US ship. Fake news/propaganda sites giggle at the smokestack but shut up when it comes to capability.

>a fucking leaf

>why the fuck does russia keep running this... thing... in its current state

So that butthurt faggots like you write posts about it.

It's not likely to be commissioned past mid 2020s so who gives a fuck, they can run it into the ground.

It's diesel powered. Have you ever seen a big ass truck or a bulldozer or something? Looks normal to me

Its nearly impossible to replace engines in ship like this without cutting the ship in half. Engines are placed in a ship while building in shipyard. Look at the size of this thing

Russians are coalburners

Lol, nope. Without steam or any other catapult, this ship's capability is pretty low. Planes can start only with little armament.

From what I understand the thick smoke only occurs when the furnaces are fired up.

Underway there's practically no smoke if you check out the other media posted across the web with the ship at cruising speed.

stop whining
let the ryssä animal do his thing

atleast this time they are fighting for the right purposes ffs

In the US bros mod their diesel trucks to blow smoke. Obviously Russia knows what is cool.

They can't land planes on it and the planes only care aa missles

This thing is expensive. They simply lack the funds to do any major engineering work in it. Besides if it ain't broke don't fix it.

fucking lmao @this.
its a fucking guaranteed laugh when russians go visit any western civilization. you cant write this shit up.
absolute classic.

vegetarian pizza eating wine drinking french speaking leafs choke on their food just watching ryssä animal doing his thing...

>if we ever got a proper government and built a carrier of our own i guarantee it would be maintained properly
>if

Check'd

They are just trying to be retro

Fuck I love these Admiral Krakatau threads

Best meme ship ever

Fuck off Leaf

russians are loaded with oil. They can afford to run it.

You think china is gonna own the world? After the middle east burns, america will survive on russian fossil ejaculate.

maybe they are burning leafs to power it

Major overhaul was planned in 2016 but Syrian campaign changed the date. Expecting in 2017.

We are trying to change climate faster. Tired of the cold.

> retro
Rly, cunt?

It's defences are pretty impressive being honest, it's just that everything else is laughable. It would be very effective if Isis had access to jets

every shitty thread is started by a leaf.

BAN ALL LEAFS

the russians employ a psychic gestalt field that makes it work. its basically ork tech.

> it's just that everything else is laughable
That is why beady "we leave eu" faggots constantly bitch to it`s "eu partners" about how >bellicose Russia is. Just right after seeing the ship traveling to Syria along Northen, or as I call it - Russian sea.

dubble dubbs!

confirmed!

It's refueling

this

Thats a US ship in San Diego

You can't really hot-swap a nuclear reactor. Too many support systems and shielding concerns. It would be an engineering nightmare.

Over-taking this thread.

its the only aircraft carrier and warship of its class which have passed severe testing in the Arctics, no other ship in its class is known to be able to operate in the same climate.
Its a world leading ship.

Western media is constantly pushing 2 narratives
-russian military is laughable
-russians gonna kill us all god help us

Make your mind already

How about:
>russian military is laughable
>they have nukes doe

How do you shit when at open ocean? there are no designated shitting streets there... do you just squat on the deck or something?

Indian, Pookistan, UK, France, China has nukes

US and RUSSIA have weapons for Earth's destruction. They have more nukes than the combined military aircrafts and ships of the world.

>They can't land planes on it
>arrive to Syria
>ok test flight
>ok empty ship can go back now
that's what americans believe?

All the better to have Russia's enemies tremble in fear like the faries from fern gully when Hexxus the ship comes chugging over the horizon

Where there is a will, there is a way

It doesn't have diesel engines, it runs on steam. They uses heavy oil (mazut) to heat boilers.

It's unlikely that they'll convert it to nuclear powered as far as i know, they'd need to remove really much, and wouldn't be able to operate it in the black sea anymore. The whole reason why it's not nuclear powered was that nuclear powered vessels are not allowed to pass the bosphorus.

>Being able to operate in an environment more inhospitable than any of the people or aircraft you're carrying can operate in.

Seems kind of redundant user.

Same reason you keep voting liberals.

Obviously OP know the reason why it's not nuclear powered ?

Because intl agreement. No nuclear powered boat is allowed to pass the straight of dardanelle and the straight of the Bosphorus.

So it's just Russian respected this intl. agreement

Designated shitting ports Polan.

Most Indian ships are second hand purchases or purchases from foreign shipbuilders.

Russia is getting in on rolling coal

this thread is not about india so go poo in a loo

? The aircraft work in the arctic, so does the personel with the right equipment. There is a huge shitslinging contest between the US, russia, canada, denmark, norway since years about who owns which parts of the arctic due to the vast amount of untapped ressources under the icecap.

It's a multipurpose ship with tons of guns, the carrier thing is just for show.

Just read some wiki on it
>ship build in 1991
>stationed in Crimea
>captain gets letter from Ukraine SHIP OURS GIB GIB OURS
>captain immidiately sails to Russia leaving half the crew on land
>passes Turkey w/o permission, turks decide not to fuck with huge nervous ship
>never to return home ;_;
>except Crimea is russian again
kek

>no steam catapult to get rekt by enemy fire/crash debris

That's actually impressive.

That's the entire reason India built carriers. They needed runways to shit on.

lmao

the carrier thing is for fleet defense, the offensive capability are the 12 P-700 Granit launchers. They'll get removed in the 2017 overhaul though.

Smoke isn't necessarily a sign of poor maintenance, also you should see the smoke trails Russian Migs and Sukhois make, it's fucking fantastic.

I would wish the toilet witch to give you a curse just your life is already pretty fucked since rapefugees have become the masters of your women

it also means that the planes can't take off with full load. It's a huge compromise.

Designated poop decks

poop deck

>the Admiral K*znetsov

Emu slaves gets it

>They have plenty of fossil fuel since the U.S. doesn't buy it.

>If an EMP weapon ever went off it would still run.

>Because it's Russia.

>refueling
>from an aircraft carrier
>backwards

I'm not claiming to be well-education on Naval technology, but is this actually how they refuel? Seems like there could be a better way.

I was on board Kuznetsov just before it was off to Syria. It was in ok shape.
Shipyard workers say that before overhaul it condition was much worse.

Actually India and China owns most of their oil.

Only early MiG-29s (9.12, 9.13, S, SM, SMT and early M) smoke, due to relatively short combustion chamber. But, that's not an issue.

MiG-35 no longer smokes.

>India's new battleship

It looks comfortable

just towing the refueling boat doesn't sound like its that bad an idea to me, the whole driving in paralell and keeping the exact distance sounds way harder.

Also there are plenty of picks of the kuznetsow being towed away, the ship breaks down every few months. I think they always tow it away the right way around.

>The "Royal" Navy
rt.com/uk/367120-royal-navy-warships-missiles/

Something tells me the russians have more carriers. This one seems like a show.

Even though it works perfectly, the plane going up the ramp makes me giggle.

Incorrect. Where do you think all the poo that should be in the loo goes?

No wonder the NSA taps India the most second to the USA. lol

Na mate, that's just a civilian ship

Every ship refits at sea that way. Launch a few lines across, then move the pipes, crates, bags, etc. across.

Hexis was a funnel huffing faggot.

That's not really Indian, the stream isn't hitting a designated street.

This.