Bittersweet Candy Bowl - bcb

OK, I think I got it; they really get along. Can we do something else now?

Attached: [email protected] (1600x2210, 795K)

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/co/thread/98798071/#98798093
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

this is cruel considering lucy's endgame

Is Augustus a senior? He should be applying for college not studying for SATs. Little late for that.

>bzzzzzzzzzzz
Did Lucy turn on Augustus' vibrator?

He's a second-year senior after being held-back for poor attendance (because of Alejandro). He seems to be intelligent and hard-working so he might have good grades but it he was hopeless before did he bother?

>TFW MikexLucy will be endgame no matter what

ITS NOT FAIR

Attached: 1499543507145.gif (600x444, 3.55M)

>bzzzzzzzz
so next page we'll see someone calling which will shift the mood.
If they hadn't been interrupted they would have fucked like rabbits.

wut if lucy wuz cute

Attached: cuteluce.jpg (310x282, 25K)

Bet it's daisy. I can't see Paulo or Mike calling.
Alternatively, we know Aug has a phone. Maybe alej finally noticed he wasn't showing up anymore and is calling to check in on him? The more I think about it, the more I think its alej.

>Maybe alej finally noticed he wasn't showing up anymore and is calling to check in on him?
>Chapter is called 'Escape Route'
FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

Attached: sad seal.jpg (410x410, 23K)

>Maybe alej finally noticed he wasn't showing up anymore
It has been about a week. Starting to become weird that he hasn't stopped by the shitty apartment...

Oh right, I completely forgot about alej.
I'd put my money on that horse, err, cat.

MIKE CONFIRMED BEST BOY
And I guess Paulo and Augustus as well, if you consider's Baggage lad's opinion

Attached: Capture.png (447x247, 14K)

>bag likes polo

Attached: weeabooexpressionofsurprise.png (327x348, 136K)

This comes off as a surprise to you?
Suitcase' OTP is PauloxDaisy which would explain the recent push for them

>3 pages of characters genuinely bonding
This is it. We've been down this road before. This is the calm before the shit-storm.
Augustus is going to get maimed, exiled, or murdered and Lucy's going to lose the one anchor she has left after cutting all ties. Nobody's allowed to be happy for this long.

Know the signs. This is going to be the last time they have this moment. Maybe we should enjoy it while it lasts.

Attached: 87817221y1.png (208x431, 19K)

I can't see the chemistry there so I struggle to interpret pushing it as a fondness for one of the characters.

Does this mean the shit-on-Paulo parade is all Vero's doing?

What would Alejandro DO, though? He doesn't know where Augustus is and how would he find out?

I suppose Toby could have followed him from school to Lucy's place? Not implausible.

>PTSD flashbacks to when Lucy and Mike were having fun again only to have it ruined immediately after a text from Sandy
I can't go through this again you guys.
I'm not strong enough for another December ;_;

He apparently was an honor student since his ex gf taught him get A's = escape.

This is actually a pretty boring page, then again *most* of the conversations Lucy and Augustus have are boring.

They always center around like 3-4 things at tops.

-Lucy OR Augustus backstory/problems
-School
-Lucy's friends (i.e. Mike and Daisy)
-The Gang

Their banter consists of nothing but how they are jokingly assholes to each other. We get no affirmation of hopes or dreams beyond graduating high school. We have no other bonding hobbies besides homework and their mutual jerk-ness.

Also notice how most characters don't have any specific traits or quirks that make them stand out? Noone collects things or has a strange hobby or unique skill,nobody has ticks or drawbacks or rituals.Besides being overtly emotional (Paulo,Abbey,Alejandro) or the nerdy-bookish-know-it-all type whose really sweet inside but probably also an asshole (Mike,Daisy,Sue (to an extent) or walking meme (Amaya,David,Mccain (RIP)).

>Sue (to an extent)
>to an extent

Attached: imgonnawreckit.png (193x254, 20K)

>Agustus notices the calles is "Home"
>Why would my parents call me now? Did they notice I was gone
>"I see you got yourself a nice bedroom in here, Augustus", quips Alejandro's voice on the other end

Bring on the unnecessary forced drama!

STOP READING THIS COMIC!

>Lucy reckons with a fragment of the past.
I don't know, if anything I'm kind of expecting her to kick Alejandro's ass. It would be literally fighting for Augustus as she promised to do (epic foreshadowing) and explain why her kung-fu shit was dredged back up from the depths of volume 1 (indeed, was it ever mentioned outside of "Confrontation"?)

It would show her overcoming a threat from the past and demonstrate her growth in the two and a bit years since she was beaten by Alejandro and had to have Mike save her. She might become sad when she remembers Mike white-knighting for her, tempering her bitterness towards him.

Recall also that it was in the aftermath of the fight with Alejandro that Lucy and Mike kissed for the first and only time.

Attached: forbshabo.jpg (1079x1707, 561K)

They kissed before when they were younger, see Pillow Fight

It's Pillow Talk

Now's as good a time as any to show that I found Lucy outright lying to her friends about why she can't come to Daisy's party.

Attached: liar.jpg (1059x372, 153K)

fun reminder that this was the spoiler page that you all had to wait for because none of you had the balls enough to apologize.

Do not read this comic.

what the hell are you talking about?

>Noone collects things or has a strange hobby or unique skill
Wait let me activate my unneeded autism
>Lucy excels in Math, but sucks at English
>Mike excels in English, but sucks at Math
>Paulo is good at climbing trees (I guess)
>David went from having English I to Standard English
>Mike excels in running, Lucy has a hard time catching up
>Lucy has a skill for animal care-taking
>Mike has taken an interest in photography
>Stacy, Sue, Amaya, Mike, David and Abbey all play an online RPG game together as a pastime
>Stacy's favorite hobby is writing poetry
>Amaya works in a movie theatre
That's all I got for now

fuck off autist

He has a fat girls fetishes and didn't like getting called out on that

>>David went from having English I to Standard English
*AP* English

Attached: snap9973.jpg (800x387, 79K)

Oh yeah my bad.
This character development will continue to flourish until David become a famous author with his best-selling, detailed biography of his relationship with his friends.

Don't forget that Paulo also has a mortal fear of dogs barking... remember when that was relevant?

Attached: bicycleraces.png (684x657, 111K)

Phobias are shitty substitutes for characterization so I'm glad they were left behind.

The vast majority of those are simple classes everyone takes in school and is not particularly interesting.

Generally though, these characters lack brevity and nuance that would make them fully fleshed out.

Especially since most of their interactions are solely based on who can fuck or befriend who. Their families are basically ignored for any sort of dynamic, there isn't hardly any interaction with people outside of school either.

These characters generally do not act outside of being entirely self-serving or grow out of their preset archetypes. There is no subversion to any of these tropes unless you count everyone seeing Lucy for the bitch she is.

Yes and?

>These characters generally do not act outside of being entirely self-serving or grow out of their preset archetypes.
Yeah, I get what you're saying. The only exception to this in recent years has been Paulo pursuing learning to drive and holding his own job so he can help out his dad with finances. Ironic that the academic loser of the group is the one most driven to make his future a reality.

Attached: 11f.png (800x799, 1.24M)

>Anonymous leaves Sup Forums
A sad day

It's literally a drama comic user. Don't tell me I'm the only one getting tired of
>your life is sad and also daisy
>haha you're such a bitch
>haha yeah
Like they've done this multiple times I'm pretty sure. They never snark about anything actually interesting

What did you expect dude

Attached: eyes.jpg (1443x550, 585K)

lmao, cry more, fag. Cry like the lard bitch in pic related

Attached: 1513575077011[1].gif (325x183, 1.91M)

>deleted
You don't have to run from us, user. We'll give you our true bantz.

Attached: sadluce.jpg (196x189, 18K)

The fuck are you on about?

Chubby chasers aren't human

He couldn't handle the batz
Truly the Abbey of our time

Attached: 1491185040553.png (892x800, 183K)

What happened?

no tears, just disappointment. i thought you guys were cool

I don't read this comic but Lucy seems like a total cunt.

Is everyone a cunt in this story.

Some guy told us we were dicks and then deleted their post. Nothing that interesting but it's more interesting than the page so everyone's sperging out about it now.

>i thought you guys were cool
What made you think that, Satan?

For the record, here's the thread where he cried for the first time because we wouldn't admit that this lardass was "cute"
desuarchive.org/co/thread/98798071/#98798093

>expecting her to kick Alejandro's ass.
Yeah because what we really need from Lucy is even more Mary Sue tendencies.

>Noone collects things or has a strange hobby or unique skill,nobody has ticks or drawbacks or rituals
I mostly agree with you but I hate that forced quirkiness shit, a lot of people don't have any noticeable weird tics, hobbies or special abilities.

Think of it like Pokemon, user.
Street thug with no sense of proper fighting techniques vs Tae-kwon-do/Karate student for years.
It's practically Fighting type vs Dark type, where the professional skills are better than cheap tactics.
I mean Alej lost to two middleschool kids, one of them which were drunk and the other was took massive damage, and he still lost. It's fair to say that Alejandro and his butt buddy are just fucking weak as shit.

I didn't say I was real excited, just that I expected it. If you want to try to rationalize it you could say almost dying made her less susceptible to fear or that Alejandro has started to slow down and pudge up due to his age and bad lifestyle.

To be honest the bit about Mike at the end doesn't sound so bad. It would be a pretty gentle way for her anger to start easing off which would a decent tack even if MikexLucy wasn't enforced endgame.

I apologized kek
Also it's actually more rewarding in the end to see the page fresh so fuck you you petty moron

Yep

Apologizing means you're either regretting what you said, or you're a filthy liar.

And my momma didn't raise no filthy liar

Lucy soloing Alej would be a boring way to conclude that plot point, regardless if it's justifiable or not.

Is there a GOOD way to end it? It was always dumb.

I'd honestly add Mike directly to the mix. One, it brings things around by having the pair double team Alej again under different but semi-similar circumstances. Two, it forces Mike and Lucy to confront and cooperate with each other on mutually unsteady ground instead of dancing around their current relationship for months on end with no hunt of progress in sight.

Naturally, this will never happen.

this comic is bad

IIRC Lucy doesn't have a cellphone so Augustus is the one getting a call, so that means it's probably Alejandro. Or Daisy. Did Daisy have his number?

Yes, Lucy's a cunt by design. She's a walking tsundere trope, for better or for worse. For a while it seemed like she was becoming self-aware but then "that" chapter happened and she understandably retreated back into her bitch shell. Honestly these interactions between her and Augustus on the recent pages are Lucy fine because they have a relationship based on bantz and talk shit to each other regularly, but she's pretty much scorched the earth with everyone else.

To answer your other questions, yes everyone else is a cunt, too, but in different ways. It's a combination of "character is right, but being a dick about it" or "character is wrong, but you get where they're coming from". But generally, everyone is terrible.

Attached: 22c.png (800x479, 137K)

>the cupcake is gone
Did he eat it? Was there a off-page time lapse of a few minutes?

If you read this comic you are pentuple gay

Attached: 1521691438567.jpg (377x567, 19K)

no u

Attached: scream.png (408x452, 722K)

Sounds like the kind of thing a gay would say

Attached: 1518245520724.jpg (640x592, 67K)

I hope their friendship shatters hard.

Everyone is flipping out about how the call is from Alej and it probably is but what if Augustus has been applying for jobs and is getting a call for interview? Or applied for college without Lucy knowing?

why you gotta be like this, man?

Why would he want a job when the idea is that Lucy's family will house and feed him until graduation? Why would a college be calling him in early October?

He's only been there a week.

Shit feels forced, what can I say?

I liked it before Lucy came back but now it just feels like he turned into her pet gay.

Attached: 1490242703894.png (1200x800, 478K)

Well she doesn't have her normal pets anymore so a twink will have to do

Carson, Electric Boogaloo.

Like, before their banter was actually digging into where it hurt for each of them, and when Lucy was doing some whiny bitch bullshit Augustus would drop the games and call her out on it. Now it's just "omg ur like such a bitch! u go gurl"

He used to be a young man; now he is a girl. Like Paulo.

Why did Taeshi forget how to write male characters that didn't behave like campy faggots? How soon before Abbey gets hit with gay too?

This. As soon as Lucy came back they were suddenly Best Friends Forever out of fucking nowhere. The two worked best as sources of much needed mutual critique, now it's all happy golden funtime when neither of them particularly deserves it.

The twist is that both of them will be brutally raped and killed by Alejandro in this chapter, and what's left of the comic will proceed without them.

Perhaps she's pandering to or has drunk the Kool-Aid of anti-male zeitgeist on tumblr.

>As soon as Lucy came back they were suddenly Best Friends Forever out of fucking nowhere
To play devil's advocate, she's genuinely very grateful he saved her life and after she gives him the "escape route" he had ceased hoping for he has reason to be grateful to her.

Shouldn't Augustus have already taken a mandatory in-school ACT or SAT? Even my shitty high school had one, and since Augustus is supposed to be some kind of genius boy wouldn't he have done well? It's not like the score expires.

I don't know, user. I'm just saying watch it be something stupid to shit on the fanbase.

hush, shhhh shshhshshshhhh

>It's not like the score expires.
Which this very page refers to by having Lucy say she's taking it more than once to take her best score.

What if it's Augustus's mom and dad who are actually worried about him?

they named him augustus they don't give a fuck about him

Yeah but emo cat was all about studying hard in his junior year. No way he wouldn't have prepared and done good on the first one.

Damn these last pages are boring.
Augustus x Lucy is simply not interesting

Mike is Right.

But without him who will turn mom over when she needs to puke in her sleep and clean up the broken glass?

It's not like his real parents matter. Soon Lucys dad is gonna cross the Rubicon and start a civil war. Augustus will inherit his role when it's all over, that's why he's studying now so he can be a good heir.

Attached: Statue-Augustus.jpg (1500x2250, 492K)

Cats vs Dogs?

Lucys Dad vs The Senate and Mike

She went way fucking overboard for a person who did the most basically decent thing possible and called for an ambulance on his cellphone.