My grandfather was a half track driver on the eastern front

My grandfather was a half track driver on the eastern front.
What have your ancestors done?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/4MQhKOX69p4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'm lucky, my grandfather went to Germany in 1938 and joined the SS.

He became a Strumbannführer.

My grandfather worked with the Americans in Arabia and the UAE as an engineer

My Grandfather was an aircraft gunner for the RAF. He flew in Africa & also patrolled the North Sea

What did he do after the war? My grandfather moved to the US when he learned that the Germans in East Prussia were going to be shoah'd (he was from Königsberg). Once in the US, he became a veterinarian.

He went back to Britain.

I think he supported Mosley in his union movement.

My grandfather probably killed your's.

He also fought on the Eastern Front, he was in the SS division Das Reich.

My granddad bombed gooks in Korea.

It's funny you should mention that, because my other grandfather was a medic at Omaha Beach. When my parents met, apparently they would constantly argue about who should have won the war.

Did he see any fucked up shit?

My granpapee was the crew chief on admiral McCain's plane in 'nam. When senator John McCain was a pow and they were looking for his ass

Mr grandfather was a Sgt Major in the RLC. He was too young for WWII but went to the Middle East afterwards, Libya, Egypt and Palestine. He almost fell out of a plane (nobody wore their safety kit) when doing an air drop. After that he was a pub landlord. I'm still proud of him even though he missed the war and helped to set up Israel.

I had one grandfather who fought on the eastern front and one fought in Italy. They always compared the fronts with each other.

Ha! I got all you pussies beat!
My grandfather is an alcoholic

I asked him resently if he believed in the Holocaust.

He doesn't beleive it.

He saw some fucked up shit in war, we told me of him looking in horror as a German Soldier who had been ripped in half by mortar fire was crawling, trying to get to safety.

At its another
>my dad works at nintendo thread

My German gramps told me that another reason he moved to the US was that he didn't want to give up his medals because muh swastika

My grandfather slew Japanese in the Ryukyu Islands in WWII, then went to the Philippines and killed them there, then came back later and killed them in Korea. He took a bullet in the leg, which my dad has (the bullet, not the leg) and I get a gun he carried in the jungle when my dad croaks. He never would talk anything about the war though, and died when my dad was 14.

F you tough bastard.

Are you upset that your grandfather was a Soviet?

My grandfather was in the IRA. He has some good stories about how he and his m8s once captured a live member of the British army and how they tormented him before killing him(they all decided to take a part of his skeleton each once his body decayed. My Granda got his skull.)

You Irish really are the niggers of Europe. Also, it's fitting how you have TK in your ID.

My Granddad BLACKED a descended from Prussian aristocracy

>One woman away from the Carolingians. >Rhenish nobles.
>Came to America in the 17th century cuz muh Protestantism.
>All died in a shipwreck
>Only survivor a young child put into indentured servitude
>runs away
>Eventually becomes landed again
>Moved to Texas/Oklahoma after losing the fucking civil war.
tfw cursed

My grand papee was on a destroyer in WW2 and Korea. I have all kinds of things he brought back like silk robes and art from Japan. And I have his combat knife, pea coat, and uniforms among other things (jap finger).

He was the grand secretary and cultural minister of the NS administration.
That's him and Vidkun Quisling and their wifes on the picture.

One was forced to work for the reigh. The other joined the resistance and later some extreme left anti-nazi brigade.

My grandfather was conscripted by the Germans to work in Germany under the so called Arbeitseinsatz (Labour deployment) program in 1943.

He became crippled for life after a work place incident. He worked at a construction company (he was a carpenter) and the lower half of his body was shattered after a scaffold collapsed.

He hated Germans for all his life after that, which makes it weird that all the songs he listened to were German.

Anyway, he was sent home after that and got disability pension from the Nazi Government. Something like 7 marks per month, which wasn't much but at least it could buy you enough food at the time so you wouldn't starve.

The German government upheld the disability payments but never adjusted them for inflation. So het got like 7 marks a month until 1987 when it couldn't even buy you enough groceries for a day let alone a whole month.

I ask you, who were the real Jews in that war?

My Soviet grandpa moved cause he knew first hand how shitty communism is. It's ironic cause his younger brother stayed and fought as an "advisor" in Korea with the Chinese while my other grandpa fought in Korea as well.

My grandfather went out beyond enemy lines, looked for snipers and killed them with his bare hands. He didnt talk about it much after he came home. Just drank

Fathers father was also half track driver at eastern front.
Mothers fathers was SS. Died in Paris.

They made me and I'm fuckin awesome cunt you have no idea.

Ancestry:

Father's side:
Much earlier than that: imperial apothecaries.
Great-grandfather, grandpa side: Bersagliere Soldier, died in ww1
Great-grandmother, grandpa side: Housewife, died of illness
Great-grandfather, grandma side:
Bersagliere NCO, farmer and trader in meat before ww2
Great-grandmother, grandma side:
Farmer girl, housewife
Grandpa:
Orphaned young, Cavalry logistics officer in ww2 (alps, sardinia, then royalist army), then public garden director and designer. Died young.
Grandma:
Housewife, head of household for years.
Father:
Medical Doctor (GP), writer, other roles

Mother's side:
Great-grandparents (grandpa side):
Shopkeepers, both
Great-grandparents (granma side):
Have no idea
Grandfather:
Alpini soldier in WW2, Julia division. Greece then Russia. Don retreat, got gulaged, released in 1946. Tortured, invalid, became a trader in textiles and souvenirs.
Grandmother:
Housewife
Mother:
Professor of French language.

My grandpappy killed japs on pelelieu then drank himself to death years later

F

my grandpa was squad leader in first special service force arguably the most effective combat unit ever. makes me feel like just about anything I do in life will not be as epic as that.

one of the few stories he told was seeking shelter from bombs in a wine cellar and finding german soldiers there who they ended up drinking with.
sure he may have fought on the jew side but that does not make me less proud.

My grandfather fought for the republicans in the spanish civil war.

He was forced into it and basically survived by being the last one to enter and the first to leave in battle.

After the war he was condmened into ostracism and lived fearfull of persecution the rest of his days.

What a bunch of savages.

You Spaniards had a chance to kill frogs with the krauts, but you fucking blew it.

Potatoniggers

Mine was a Airplane mechanic in the normandy and fighter pilot right at the end of the war. He always told me stories about the war when i was little.

Anyone here have a jew hunting grandfather?

They killed your ancestors, with bombs and navy bombardment.

There were few people left after the civil war, and even less industry, joining the war would have meant that the allies would have liberated Spain.

This would have implied that the republican goverment would have been restored, Spain would have to pay reparations to the allies(mainly France, I believe with the Baleares islands and Morrocan territories) and would have meant an even more destroyed country.

The most logical and ultimately correct desition for the moment was to avoid any hostilities with the allies and restoring order, after this the Franco regime allowed Spain to industrially grow by becoming something like China but in Europe(with all the logistical advantages this implies).

Did he work on based 109's?

Simply allowing Germany to dock their subs at your ports alone would have been a huge contribution to the right cause.

After Stalingrad, the closing of the Atlantic gap and the strategic bombardment Germany simply couldn't outproduce the US, simply because the US was too far and already had britain to support its forces.

At that moment the only question was when.

My grandparents died 3 times on the Eastern front.
Rate.

>hey Adolf, could you send some volunteers to help with this civil war?
>no problem, senpai
>win

>Hey Franco, remember how I helped you win your war?
>yeah
>well, could you help me win my war now?
>Fuck no, you evil nazi

Spaniards are the ultimate traitors.

Fought the Germans.

Fuck off, my grandfather's friends in East Prussia got raped and murdered (not necessarily in that order) by your communist puppets.

My ancestor was the first non savage and non criminal to rule in the americas. I could arguably claim ownership of this entire coast.

Somehow my grandfather managed to get medals from both the Wehrmacht and the Red Army.

He sucked German cock in '41 then sucked Commie cock in '44

>Spanish blue division
Franco and Spain were based and they repayed their debt. You can get fucked if you think otherwise.

My dad's dad was a South African paratrooper and my mum's dad was a drunk layabout who died before I was born.

We owned 3 sugar cane farms (commies invaded and burned down two of them asking for agrarian reforms)
Whipped some blacks into submission
I may have some rape baby long distance relatives
I still have the bills my great great grandfather had, with the monthly expenses of maintaining a sugar cane farm.
Pretty cool desu

The "volunteers" were there to test new battle tactics and equipment, and most of the equipment that was given to franco was actually under a loan that Spain was still paying around 1960 to Germany.

Actually Itally helped much more than Germany, most subs were Italian and so was another part of the air force and they even sent troops too(with... mixed results) and while Italy loaned the equipment, the rest of the debt was condoned after the war helping even more a strugling country.

After the war, Franco sent around 50.000 men made out of pure volunteers with almost what they got, and even when they got recalled(the situation of republican insurrection got worse around 1943 and civil unrest) the blue legion remained and still suported Germany to the end.

>*After the war

Whups, that is not suposed to be there

But in all seriousness, the Estonian volunteers were based.
youtu.be/4MQhKOX69p4

they fought russians in the 1700s

Grandfather was in the German Army in WW1... Father was in the SS in WW2

Your father was a traitor to Britain.

Mt grandfather designed a gas plant that pretty funded all the rural towns in my state.

Great great grandfather fell off the empire state building while helping build it. They said he was drunk.

Grandpa was deported to Siberia. Fucked a Russian officer's wife. Officer chased him down with an ax but my grandpa beat his ass since he's was a boxer and the officer was drunk.
Later came back from Siberia and married my grandmother who was 20 years younger then he was.
Baked the greatest cakes in the USSR. Most western stars who visited the USSR stayed at the hotel where he worked and they all praised his work. Great guy.

grampa flew a hurricane for the raf (not the rcaf). 4 comfired 5 actual kills (therefore no ace). shot down dday+2 spend rest of war in pow camp in poland. forced marched out at the end and almost starved.

those times must have been fucking insane...

miss that old dude and some of his stories.

Forgot one thing. Gramps shot a jew trying to steal food while he was in Russia.

Grandad fought the austohungarians in ww1 in north west serbia and bulgarian filth on the east when they betrayed us, again served in ww2. He survived a stroke at 71 but left him partially crippled on 1 side, i felt bad seeing him like that, even as a child i remember he had a towering presence about him and was quite accomplished and well respected in our town, died at 73.

Kek

actually dont think pow camp was in poland, must have been in west germany, cus there was no talk of any russians ever.

Mine got fucked over by the French Pussies

Most of them died during the war. My Great Grandmother was an orphan and was adopted by my Great Grandfather's family (they were the same age).

Did they support the anschluss?

I don't know the politics of my Great Great Grandparents so I cannot say.

My great great grandfather fought in the war against Belgium.

>Great-great... grandfather in the English Navy
>Instigates mutiny
>Captured, tried, sent to Australia
>On way to Australia, instigates mutiny on prison ship
>Captured again
>Hung to prevent further shenanigans
>Australia

My grandfather killed your grandfather :^)

My grandpa became a reichsmarschall in the Luftwaffe. Dad said he died just after the war was over

My grandfather drove a greyhound bus during ww2. His brother joined. Manned an aa battery on Manilla Bay. Captured by Japs. Survived Bataan Death March and internment in a POW camp in Japan. Missed having a coll grandfather by THAT much

Krautgramps gave my a few personal belongings before he died. I have a few Reichspfennig and a postal stamp from Böhmen und Mahren. I can upload pics if you'd like.

One grandfather was killing nazis and almost made it to Berlin, was wounded but survived.
Another was Chernobyl liquidator, died from radiation poisoning.

>tfw you miss prime german pussy by that much

heh my great grandfather did that too, forced by his schizo mother

He got executed by the commies even though he was secretly helping them, because some message arrived too late

My great-grandfather (I'm 22--italians) was an MP in the Philippines and had a pet monkey. Pretty comfy desu

>Prime
>In Berlin
>After the Russians had already got there

One of my great grandfathers fell on the Eastern front (drafted by the Hungarian army, lived in the occupied part of Slovakia) and the other (also drafted by the Hungarian army) was captured and sent to work camp to work in some factory for the Soviets. He was released after the war and died when I was little.

Fought Japs and later Best Koreans and Chinamen. I also had ancestors who fought in the American Revolution and owned a few slaves.

My Great grandfather was an SS Obergruppenfuhrer, who was executed at the Nuremburg trials

I can't tell you his name, because i'm one of very few surviving descendants and it would be incredibly easy to doxx me

Great-Grandfather worked as a spy for the British in North Africa during WWII. Trying to find out more about it.

Grandfather was caught and sent to workcamps.

Are these good quality?

My uncle was also a worker on trans. Trans is tough job. Stay strong.

A jewish great grandpa targeted people for killing in early Soviet times

Eventually got gulag'ed himself though

Yes

My grandfather was in the Pacific on a Destroyer and my other grandfather was in Europe as a Sherman tank crewman.

Both survived the war.

Only boring metals.
> not having nazi gold coins

my great granddad killed japs and it makes me feel like a traitor when i watch anime

My grandfather, in England at the time, was in a war critical industry, so he he spent most of the war sitting in a comfy printing works. Eventually joined the RAF, but the war had ended by the time he finished his training.

My great-grandfather died in Basra, Iraq in WW2 of heat exhaustion.