Does anyone remember Muppet Babies being on Nick Jr. or is it some fever dream i'm having?

Does anyone remember Muppet Babies being on Nick Jr. or is it some fever dream i'm having?

Attached: Muppet_Babies.jpg (909x647, 181K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_programs_broadcast_by_Nick_Jr.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_programs_broadcast_by_Nick_Jr._(block)
web.archive.org/web/19981205031220/http://www.nickjr.com/television/
youtube.com/watch?v=5GivH7BJLz8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Partially I think. I think they didn't segment off time blocks like that back them. I think they mostly stuck to Nickelodean too, though I remember some of the singing bumpers using Nick in lyrics.

It's been years, but I feel like I remember Muppet Babies being on both Nickelodeon and Nick Jr.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_programs_broadcast_by_Nick_Jr.

It was on Nick Jr for like 8 years.

This talks about the Nick Jr. channel, which debuted in 1999

I broke our VCR constantly rewatching vhs I had of this series

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_programs_broadcast_by_Nick_Jr._(block)

Wait, I found this thing

According to both of these sources, Muppet Babies did air on the block at one point. web.archive.org/web/19981205031220/http://www.nickjr.com/television/

I actually did a rant about Muppet Babies' stupid longevity a while back and looked up the numbers. It was on Nick Jr from around 1993-2000, if I remember right. It was the longest lasting show on the block that wasn't original programming.

Production ran from 1984 through 1991, Nick Jr Rebroadcast it later. Right?

Yeah, Nick Jr just played reruns.

Pre-1994ish Nickelodeon was a cheap-ass network that could rarely afford to make its own programing. Nearly everything that aired on the channel was either reruns that they got the rights to cheap, weird foreign (mostly Canadian) shows, or game shows that they made on a 1000 dollar budget. The success of the Nicktoons gave them enough leverage to start making more original shows, but they still had a lot of cheap stuff to balance it out. It wasn't until the very, very late 90s that they finally got enough momentum to have an actual budget.

They had Clarissa Explains it All during that time though. I know for a fact it was on before 1994

Yeah, they were playing around with their own programming, but you can tell they were made on the cheap. Clarissa's house was recycled a LOT for the next decade, because building the set cost so much. The most obvious example is Gullah Gullah Island using the same kitchen and living room.

That's not a obscure nick Jr. show. Now the 70s maya the bee, there's an obscure nick Jr. show

There's no great mystery. When I was a kid it was on daily on nick jr, I remember it well. Aired in the same era as face, allegras window, Gullah Gullah island, the busy world of Richard scary, little bear, etc..

Back during sick days from school or summer vacation it was one of the better shows

Wasn't Blue's Clues during that same time? I know it came out in 1996, which was only a year after Little Bear

Yes. Other shows were Rupert and Kipper going by memory.

Usually the first shows after nick jr was Alvin and the chipmunks followed by nicktoons

youtube.com/watch?v=5GivH7BJLz8

Classic!

I don't think he's claiming the show is obscure, I think he's questioning which channel it was on

Yeah. I was just questioning if it was on Nick Jr or not. Of course this show isn't obscure. Heck, it just got rebooted. It's just been so long that I forgot if it was on Nick Jr. or not and now I remember that it was on the block