Is this the most triggered review of Sup Forums related material of all time?

>rogerebert.com/reviews/isle-of-dogs-2018
Is this the most triggered review of Sup Forums related material of all time?

Attached: iodposter.jpg (530x841, 231K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/Nf8C91xx
archive.is/wRih7
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Pastebin it. I'm not giving hacks clicks.

Considering your probable misuse of the word "triggered", I'm going to wager on a solid No.

Wow.
For a guy complaining about "white savoir" shit, he seems to be carrying that attitude himself.
>AW, those poor Japanese people. Let me, a black man, be offended and fend for them.
Man, fuck this.

Attached: 1521137272345.jpg (500x371, 52K)

I love this. Wes Anderson is a garbage director, good to see even his hipster groupies finally turn on him.

pastebin.com/Nf8C91xx
Ere you go, mate.

The moment he mentions "privilege" is the moment you know he has nothing of value to say

>But unlike the warm Miyazaki, Anderson is a very cold director. He keeps everything at an annoying hipster’s ironic distance, valuing aesthetics over meaning and context.
>Since most of the townspeople are against the mayor’s decree, this exchange student is a completely extraneous character who denies hometown residents the opportunity to be heard. The optics of her mere existence are disturbing in a film in 2018. The only time “Isle of Dogs” reaches for your sympathy is when Tracy is faced with deportation back to Cincinnati. And in the film’s most disgusting leverage of its privilege, Tracy physically assaults the grieving Yoko to get her to act against the crimes perpetrated upon her by the state.
Yes. Also
>“The dogs are very furry,” I said as this scene played out. “The dogs are very furry!”
Was it autism?

>Is this the most triggered review of Sup Forums related material of all time
>not the review where the guy hated the movie because it was about dogs.

Even if you dislike Anderson's work you have to see he has heart in his movies, he basically handcrafts them

This

>not the review where the guy hated the movie because it was about dogs.

Didn't know Richard C. Meyer's started covering movies.

You can't be racist against the fucking Japanese.

Tell that to the Koreans.

It seems quite alot of people are triggered by the this movie since it's Wes Anderson getting his Miyazaki hard on off

archive.is/wRih7

>one paragraph in
>already bitching and moaning about Anderson's "privilege"
>in the context of the movies he made about things happening in foreign countries (but the Grand Budapest Hotel doesn't count, all these white people countries are basically the same)
NICE

>problematic

Stopped reading there.

I do wonder what Ebert would have actually thought about the movie.

>omg the westerner being the one who speaks out against the mayor's decree is so privileged and racist
Japanese society and culture is inherently conformist in nature, it's antithetical to the very idea of "Japaneseness" to express open contempt and disagreement with authority figures. Of course it's gonna be the loud-mouthed, independent-minded foreigner who openly speaks out against the authorities.

This reviewer should stop trying to enforce their western-centric ideas of what people are "supposed" to behave like on a foreign culture.

Attached: isle of dogs.jpg (800x533, 59K)

He'd have probably been stoked on it.

>feature is full of japanese screenplay writers and voice actors
>japan is a first world nation that engages in cultural appropriation all the time and the japanese people are not oppressed
>he thinks raising a fist is unique to one single movement
>the human main character was a japanese boy

Too Woke for me.

Attached: 1503357118229.jpg (320x240, 10K)

What are you even talking about? They were all working under a white director, it's basically colonialism all over again.
And as usual, it's a fucking STRAIGHT HWAITE MAYLE who comes in and tells the brave and beautiful people of colour that their culture is wrong because he doesn't like it.
Literal mediatic slavery.

Attached: sticker,375x360-bg,ffffff.png (375x360, 100K)