First Rise of The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles trailer is up

first Rise of The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles trailer is up

youtube.com/watch?v=0r7lVa0Irsg

Attached: turtles.png (839x671, 765K)

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/co/search/text/ Allred/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

:(

The voices are annoying, the jokes are more abysmal than usual, the music is weak and the animation feels choppy.

But I'm a sucker for Michaelangelo in any form, so I'm still going to give it a shot. And I didn't like the 2012 series until near the end of the first season.

Ooph, that is some rough animation.

The animation is the best the franchise has ever had other than the shorts.

100% true but I'm not surprised peopl ethink this is 'bad animation'

the 80s one was just a typical outsourced american cartoon with japanese anime people not doing their best, because why would they?

the 4Kids one was the blandest, most soulless action cartoon art style possible with typical Korea animation

the 3DCG one made some great leaps forward. stylish Ciro Nieli designs, fairly charming animeish expressions, the turtles all had unique body and face types instead of looking the same. but sadly it was 3D and that worked against it. despite being the best looking one at that point it had a ton of haters.

now they're making one where the designs are even more well defined and it's fully 3D with some very stylish animation but it's 'ugly modern trash' and also sjw because april is black blah fucking blah

at least the kids will like it

>those horrible voices
>that horrible Leo
>those terrible designs
>that terrible animation
Gross.

Damn April.

Why is Leo acting like Mikey?

>GRRL POWA BLACK APRIL WHOSE AS TOUGH AS THE BOYZ
Pass.

What was y'all faggots complaining about the animation actually looks good.

I'm surprised that their blaccents vanish, but the way they're directed to not act like the turtles is just off putting.

I like the animations and weapons. I like raph voice.

The animation shifts from really good to choppy.

I might be fun but I really dislike the designs.

>all the turtles have a slim body
>except Raphael who is literally bigger than the Hulk

because she never fought alongside them? Honestly i'm surprised how little screentime she has in this trailer

They're apparently all different turtles in this
Raph - Snapping Turtle
Donnie - Box Turtle
Leo - Red-Earred Slider
Mikey - ???

If this was a new show with no connection to TMNT I'm positive Sup Forums would be having a completely different reaction. The artstyle and animation is leagues above all of the competition right now.

>What do you mean we can't base our show on an existing IP and then expect fans of said IP to not scrutinize our drastic changes

It honestly feels like they are purposely trying to make it bad on purpose. Like they hate 2D animation and don’t want to make 2D TMNT anymore. So they purposely made a bad 2D TMNT cartoon with horrible designs, voice actors, animation, writing, and action so they can use it as an excuse to never make 2D TMNT. After this shit fails, they will make another CGI reboot and put the blame on the failure of this shitfest (that they purposely made bad).

>he says about an IP that literally is founded on drastically changing, from turning the originally gritty bloody comic into a toy oriented cheesy kids cartoon

I would rather preferred 2012 continue than this.

Serious question; does one of the people working on this show have a huge racist boner against the Japs?
Not only does Splinter look like a WW2 racial caricature of a Jap, his voice is also racially stereotypical.

Attached: Luna.jpg (640x480, 30K)

Mikey is the Box Turtle, Donnie is a Soft Shell.

>Hulkphael with snaggle tooth
>Mikey looks like the straight act of all shit
>Sheldonatello
>Leonardo with a blend of 90s Raphael with Michelangelo's cringe
>John Kricfausi presents Master Splinter
What was exactly wrong with the turtles that aren't marketable with today's kids to push this shit? Black April is tertiary compared to this smorgasbord of problems

Attached: mike.png (284x376, 179K)

Its like sonic boom the brawn character gets massive change

Oh. My bad
I thought Donnie was the box turtle because his design is kind of squared (squared head, squared techno-shell)

So how long til they get desperate and have a crossover with the 80s or 2012 cartoon?

It’s like someone sat down and said “How can I make a worst version of TMNT than Michael Bay?”. That’s pretty impressive.

it feels like they are trying to make Leo interesting but fail in the process.

See

not long me thinks

April rush her cunt on the screen in the first 5 second
what did they mean by this?

Seriously, the 2012 cartoon was already marketable to kids. I don’t see why they had to go 90s extreme on it.

I just hope they leave usagi out of this

>it will look good in motion they said

It's like they felt they couldn't make Leo interesting with his old qualities (which were the reason Leofags like him in the first place). That's says something

I’m shocked how worse it actually looks in motion. It’s so goddamn stiff.

They feel less like the Ninja Turtles and more like Huey,Dewey,&Louie from NuDuckTales.

I didn't give a fuck before but now I'm interested.

Attached: nothanksface.png (199x229, 53K)

FPBP

It's kinda good I'd say, but feels like a newsground short, I wouldn't watch full episode with that sort of poses and "comical slideshows"

Did they just reuse the same version of the theme song as the last one but just change the pitch?

Rise of the TMNT? More like fail of the show after CG.

Attached: MungDalWearingBlackSunglasses.jpg (800x450, 34K)

I could deal with the designs if the animation wasn't so choppy.

>Raph is the leader
>Leo is comedy relief

Nope.

I know exactly what they're going for with the animation and coloring, it's them mocking the choppy action scenes of old kung-fu and samurai movies.
That said, the character designs are ugly as fuck. Cena as Baron Whatshisname sounds terrible. And they just fucked up the Turtles' group dynamics.

Attached: BGM.jpg (1284x722, 274K)

True in some aspects. I mean in a short format it looks good I just don't know how it'll bear out for a series, even if the episodes are shorter format.

>Leo is now Mikey
WTF?

>look up their turtle species
>softshell turtle

donnie im so sorry this happened to you

Attached: softshell.jpg (540x307, 43K)

>bad animation
>choppy
You guys sound like you'd think a Korea-animated American action cartoon like that one semi-recent Spiderman show everyone loves has better animation than a not-particularly-high-budget anime like Gurren Lagann because it has more frames.

Because motion tweens aside (which I could do without) the way they're handling low framerates feels a lot like TV anime. Which is the best way to handle low framerates in an action cartoon IMO. People here a few years ago kept linking me Ultimate Spider-Man clips saying it has 'good animation' but it flowed awkwardly and had little impact. This is obviously not done in Korea which is why it has a lot of interesting motion and poses and expressions and doesn't feel like simple basic stuff for Korean child slaves to not have trouble with and have as much frames as possible inbetween the soulless key drawings.
Nah, you actually don't know what you're talking about.

This just looks aggressively bad.

Looks surprisingly good and I like that it actually has some visual personality. That April design sucks hard though. I don’t even mind her being black, it’s just she’s a nerd, too. And her glasses make her look like a nag. Just no good

why is raph so huge?

>People here a few years ago kept linking me Ultimate Spider-Man clips saying it has 'good animation'
*shills
Everyone else understands that Ultimate Spider-Man is awful, low-effort in every way shit.

user already repiled to your shit effectively but I just wanna say you're a fat retard

Well what motion they allow. We've got crap like AGENTS of SMASH and those Later Avengers cartoons where they don't even animate just slide them into frame.

He's a big guy

why did they think it was okay to animate an actual cartoon made for TV at 5 FPS? did they think that would make it look more like an anime?

yeah i have no problem with her being black cause she only really needs to be a generic human female who is sympathetic towards the turtles.

the issue is she looks like one of those "draw the artist" memes that SJW tumblrites make, cat glasses and all. gross.

So he's straight up playing Turtle Randy Cunningham as Leo.

>I know exactly what they're going for with the animation and coloring, it's them mocking the choppy action scenes of old kung-fu and samurai movies.
What? How were their action scenes "choppy"?

I prefer to pretend that those shows don't even exist.

I LOVE IT, wish the animation was smoother though.

ugh.

Nah, it's legit popular. Even garbage like Onion and Apple has legit fans.

Honestly I was a bit too harsh on it but the key drawings are very conservative and the motion connecting them is, as Korean animation tends to be (though not always, see Jack and Clone Wars at their best), lacking in any real impact. There's not much good use of things like timing and spacing so everything just moves in the same bland way.

I'll take limited frames that DO pay attention to impact and have strong, expressive individual drawings over that.

Shit. We lost TMNT2012 for this garbage?

they don't been to have a lot of inbetweening frames. I see some of that in pose to action but little movement in between.

Softshell turtles are apparently fast as fuck
In water

Snapping turtle

reminder Sup Forums is a board that thinks this dog shit artist is particularly good. you guys are worse than a down syndrome toddler in terms of aesthetic sense.

Attached: WonderWomanMSmag.jpg (1192x1600, 509K)

It’s sad when even Teen Titans Go! did the turtles better justice...

that should be part of his bit. Everyone else (Sans Raph as Snappers don't swim) Kinda paddles about in the water while Donnie just zips about.

Attached: Hiei.png (852x432, 643K)

Nobody thinks that garbage is good wtf are you talking about?

>>All the people saying bad animation
It's amazing that I always forget that Sup Forums is the last place you ever go for people who actually know what they're talking about.
Why don't you all stick to OK KO threads where you can call it bad animation and actually be right for once.

>Donnie is covered in tech shit that's obviously not waterproof
>Thinks he can't swim because "nerds can't swim"
>Absolutely avoids water like the fucking plague
>Is secretly the best swimmer but doesn't know it

It's actually pretty bad. The art is nowhere near good enough to make up for it either.

desuarchive.org/co/search/text/ Allred/ yeah man this nigga who draws like shit and thinks he's being 'inspired by classic comics' when when he doesn't understand their appeal and fundamentals at all is well received here

so it makes sense the same people think this new TMNT is 'poorly drawn and animated'

Attached: Aquaman.jpg (600x300, 85K)

this is the same dog shit community that thought the studio 4c gotham knight short was poorly drawn a decade ago

not like 'this style is out of place' or something reasonable like that but literally calling it 'QUALITY'

and it's only gotten worse since then

Desperate Nick shills or people who work on the show. Notice how they're playing the "B-b-but Sup Forums liked THIS" card

>that recommended video
Who is the black chick?

Attached: Screenshot_20180323-161953.png (2960x1440, 1.43M)

Nobody thinks that's good art user and I don't understand the larger point you're attempting to make.

This.

>nigger April

good, we need this

Who animated this? Titmouse?

April, who I guess works at an arcade or Pizza Place?

It's hard to tell because the background is all over the place and not very defined.

Nah this was all in house. They've been looking for a Character Designer for a couple of years for this show.

Should've kept looking

I've shit on the western cartoon industry more than anyone else here and called them all a bunch of demented wannabe-progressive cuntbags willing to ruin someone's life over nothing. I've shit on the Adventure Time aesthetic and the attitude around criticism and everything else to do with this stuff. Chances are some of the people working on this know me and think I'm a massive cunt.

And yet I think this cartoon looks fucking awesome.

finally, 2d animation all american done inhouse and charactersthat are the same race as me, this is everything I wanted out of cartoons!

Attached: rotimi-adebari-thumb.jpg (325x285, 27K)

Based, tell us more mung

Attached: 1519328292452.png (900x827, 245K)

You didn't watch Recess,

That was fucking terrible.

she looks like the over 40 assistant manager of a supermarket in OP

Or Filmore!

>In house animation
Thank fucking god, I hate how cartoons as of late have mostly been low effort outsourced shit to korea. Though that may just be a CN thing, I don't know about Nick.

I never understood the mindset of believing every company ever has some sort of stealth marketing campaign aimed at Sup Forums.

Just call the user an idiot, and stop deluding yourself.

The speedlines and particle effects are good, and that's pretty much it. They overuse these quick cuts and long "wind up" shots so they can spam premade and easier to render impact moments. There isn't a single real choreographed fight in the entire trailer.