IDW's Sonic #01 is out

So anyone here got a copy from WonderCon?
Is it good? Is it bad? Is it the world's most way past cool comic?

Attached: 5nqMd6j2PoA.jpg (576x768, 100K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ewXe7gv_6ys
youtube.com/watch?v=-v5U4G7g3O4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Whatever is in these new Sonic comics will never be as good as Sonichu.

I tough it was going to be released until April.

What even is the point of reading this if it's a reboot?

Wellm, if you want further adventures set in the Archie Sonic universe, try The Lara-Su Chronicles by Ken Penders.

I rather have Ken Penders being shot at a furry convention.

It’s a fresh start. If you like Sonic enough, it’s worth checking out at least once.

Do not buy the next Sonic comics!
youtube.com/watch?v=ewXe7gv_6ys

Oh, guess I'll buy all of the comics then.

Maybe if it sells well IDW will let Ian to continue with the old continuation.

Not a chance.

why would anyone want the old continuation?

He said it was a possibility in an interview, hell, I think he said he would like to continue with the prereboot.

youtube.com/watch?v=-v5U4G7g3O4

It's like you're trying to get them sued by Penders

Attached: IDW comics.jpg (640x238, 52K)

Stop shitposting here you cis scum

Pretty sure that's old sega mandates.

Only the character development and wardrobe things are dumb. Sonic's a teenage rebel with an attitude who hates authority, he shouldn't be openly crying like a bitch, save that shit for Tails and Amy

Attached: download (10).jpg (181x279, 12K)

Penders has no leverage over the post-reboot Archie stuff.

>sega mandates from archie's tenure on sonic
>blaming idw for it

I know you're just shitposting, but i'm sure it would be in everybody's best interest if you stopped drive by posting the same videos in every sonic thread then leaving

Attached: 1423792829430.png (282x299, 126K)

Sega really wants Sonic to be a mary sue.

Always be way past radical. Don;t show any sort of character flaw. Always win. Everyone everywhere loves him and he can do no wrong.

The fucked up thing about this is that this is Sega telling someone how to write a character.

The same company that can't make a good Sonic game.

I bet he would like to continue pre-reboot. I doubt he likes having the carpet ripped out from under him while writing, but that's not gonna happen.

I don't see them touching anything post-reboot/SGW either but at least it's not a complete impossibility. The best that'll happen is that he'll incorporate and retool unused ideas he had from both into the new comic.

Attached: RCO016.jpg (835x408, 169K)

>I don't see them touching anything post-reboot/SGW either
Actually, I can see them making a quick buck on reprinting and concluding post-reboot Archie series, given their Turtles record.
At the very least I'm sure that they will reprint and continue Sonic Mega Drive.

On a thread about Sonic the Hedgehog, you've managed to post the most Autistic thing. Well fucking done.

Ian's forbidden from using any of his post-reboot characters. Don't bet on them touching any Archie.

I'm sure Ian would jump at the chance of being able to use pre reboot (which looks like it would never happen) or a post reboot series, but it really depends on if Sega will allow it. They were pretty strict with not wanting to use certain properties during Archie's tenure, any use from the ova after using some references in the bast were banned, Ian couldn't use Omega for some time, certain characters from satam or AoStH were off limits if they never appeared on the book during the pre reboot, but the restrictions on sonic X's in particular like not wanting to use Emerl or Cream in the main book because they were considered Sonic X property was bizarre.

can anyone tell me if this is old/fake like said. Because I have no interest in reading this comic if these mandates are real

That's because Archie was incompetent user.

From what I gathered, Ian just chose to not to, because it's the whole new universe (again). All of his and post-reboot Archie characters were written under a new contract and I don't think that Sega cares enough to reject him to use his OCs.

They look like the old Archie mandates. Though I don't think that their rules for IDW would be much different.
I suggest you to try the IDW comic either way, since those mandates aren't as bad as they sound and this creative team already knows workarounds.

>>Is Sonic basically but cooler and smarter
>>Fast as him
>>Teleports
>>Sounds like a Mexican soap opera star
>>Stronger than a psychic sonic with one emerald
>> Literally defeated his own shadow
>>Kickass theme songs
>>Defeated a edgy mercenary and traumatized him to edgelord levels of buttmad to the point he became a reality warping world wide threat

Is there a character more based than Shadow the Edgehog?

>>Is Sonic basically but cooler and smarter
>>Fast as him
>>Teleports
>>Sounds like a Mexican soap opera star
>>Stronger than a psychic sonic with one emerald
>> Literally defeated his own shadow
>>Kickass theme songs
>>Defeated a edgy mercenary and traumatized him to edgelord levels of buttmad to the point he became a reality warping world wide threat

Is there a character more based than Shadow the Edgehog?

Attached: tumblr_p5enuhBgHg1x90snro1_500.jpg (500x388, 74K)

I FOUND YOU, FAKER!

Shadow: FAKER?! I THINK YOU'RE THE FAKE HEDGEHOG AROUND HERE, YOU'RE NOT EVEN GOOD ENOUGH TO BE MY FAKE!

I'LL MAKE YOU EAT THOSE WORDS!

>Force-feeds the subtitles into Shadow's mouth

So do the majority of Americans. Why would they not buy it?

>Teleports out the way and donkey punches Sonic into a lake of water

>It was a hologram

I’d rather he just fucking finish Lost Hedgehog Tales instead.

>People cry about losing their comic
>Finally get a comic
>No one cares about it
Isn't this what you wanted? What's the issue?

It doesn't have their furry waifu(s) so Archiefags can't be arsed.

Attached: psi_sally_by_awesomeblossompossum-d7bsh49.png (600x1000, 313K)

They explicitly said Archie's characters and so on weren't going to return. I remember them getting in a tissy over some anons telling them this and telling them they were useless at this point in Sonic's lifetime. They wanted a new comic, now they have it. You're proving the anti-comicfag's points by being so petty over not having your OC's retained.

Fuck, I don't even read the comics and I'm willing to give this one a shot if only because they're doing things fresh with few things to worry about remembering.

I don't think it's that people don't give a fuck. Just that there is nothing to see at the moment because the OP's pic is of a comic convention exclusive release.

Regular issue #1 isn't out yet for most to get.

We've had enough fresh starts. Forces was garbage and any mention of it should be purged from memory.

They're old, exaggerated and full of rumormongering. They're nearly useless to go by.

post source because I'm 100% sure this isn't true

Why is Rouge always on Shadow's dick the most games shes in acting like how Amy acts towards Sonic, doesn't she like Knuckles?

Does it really follow Forces?

She and Shadow are more like siblings.

They've pushed the Rouge and Shadow Ship way more than the Rouge and Knuckles one

i think sega still has them for idw except they'll be on a case by case basis (they'll see the issue then make changes if they deem fit).

which just makes archie fans who stuck by them more irate.

They have Rouge and Shadow interact more that her and Knuckles.

But people still remember that SA2 cutscene near the end.

with that mindset why read past the reboot they already did in the archie comics?

Yeah, SA2's a memorable game. But it also isn't the only game she ever appeared in.

>They explicitly said Archie's characters and so on weren't going to return
Correction, it was characters Ian created during his tenure at archie after the reboot.

Satam/AoSth characters are fine since they weren't created by archie.

user, all those characters are owned by Sega. They're not returning because fans asked and the creative team said no.

The creative team just wanted a fresh start. Legally there probably isn't anything stopping them from using, say, the deer sisters or that chinchilla.

They can't do pre-reboot unless they pay penders and whatever other jackass decides to ride his train, post-reboot is safe (only had characters sega owns + new stuff ian/evan/aleah/etc created now sega owned). scott fulop was suing over use of characters like mammoth mogul because archie stupidly thought digital copies didn't count for paying royalties.

digital copies of the pre-reboot

Let's be honest, the whole:

"Meet Tangle, she's JUST like Sally but NOT Sally she's a leader of a resistance which isn't very different from a Freedom Fighter leader and is debuting in Sonic Forces the only Sonic story from the games that's a fit for Sally and her group, but instead have her knock off."

That's a real dick move. And it really starts the comic rather lousily. Why invent a new character when you already have a pre-existent one that can be repurposed just on a reduced capacity? No one is asking for Sally to be important like how Archie did. Just that she exists in the new universe. Besides if BLAZE who is literally one of the harder characters to use in Sonic games is already debuting in the new universe, why can't Sally just be acknowledged as being a being that lives there? You see the blame really goes to Sega here. They're acting like assholes as well as retarded. So now this new comic is going to have a bunch of Flynn's lame OCs and likely they'll resemble the same ones that got ditched but they're not the originals so it's going to feel shallow and just shitty.

Got to give it a chance before you already damn it.

I liked the old Archie Sonic characters too but it is what it is.

Is Tangle actually a leader of anything, or are we just assuming she will be and getting angry at the headcanon again?

We know very little about Tangle.

Hold up. Do you mean someone goes up to Ken Penders and shoots him? Or do you mean loading Ken Penders into a cannon and launching him at a furry convention?

Times change I guess. It feels like there's a lot less people interested in Sonic comics as a whole these days.

WHERE ARE LEAK.

>So now this new comic is going to have a bunch of Flynn's lame OCs and likely they'll resemble the same ones that got ditched but they're not the originals so it's going to feel shallow and just shitty.
I accept it, anything for the Proghorn sisters living on in someway just to see how bad things can get with their unfortunate deal with Eggman or whatever the reason is in the new universe.

Attached: dead inside.jpg (471x601, 100K)

/vg/ has it.

Post?

Someone else can do a proper storytime thread once proper scans get released. But in the meantime...

Attached: 1.jpg (2448x3264, 701K)

I'll care when there's a storytime.

Attached: 2.jpg (2448x3264, 812K)

Attached: 3.jpg (2448x3264, 871K)

Attached: 4.jpg (2448x3264, 935K)

Attached: 5.jpg (2448x3264, 797K)

Attached: 6.jpg (2448x3264, 874K)

Attached: 7.jpg (2448x3264, 826K)

>7 pages and still no waifus

Glad I didn't add this to my subs, now.

Attached: 8.jpg (2448x3264, 845K)

Attached: 9.jpg (2448x3264, 805K)

Attached: 10.jpg (2448x3264, 828K)

Attached: 11.jpg (2448x3264, 814K)

Yardley's pencils seem waaaayyyyyy more static and boring than they used to be. His early Archie stuff, the characters looked more... malleable? Mushy? They could emote wildly, anyway.

Here, everyone looks like they're hellbent on staying on-model. It's really lifeless and dull.

Tracy Yardley! is... okay, but I wish they would have gotten Spaz or someone better to handle the first issue.

Attached: 12.jpg (2448x3264, 862K)

Attached: 13.jpg (2448x3264, 778K)

Spaz cannot make deadlines on sequentials. It's why he's always been a cover artist and you can count on one hand the number of times he's drawn full issues. He's also lost a lot of steam now when compared to his 90s output. The couple of Archie Mega Man issues he did looked really workmanlike and boring.

I agree that something feels really off about his art here. But I wouldn't say that he's hellbent on staying on-model, rather, it looks rushed to me. A far cry from his Archie work (what I remember of it), in any case.

Attached: 14.jpg (2448x3264, 920K)

Attached: 15.jpg (2448x3264, 861K)

Attached: 16.jpg (2448x3264, 869K)

Attached: 17.jpg (2448x3264, 800K)

Attached: 18.jpg (2448x3264, 839K)

Callbacks to Sonic Forces. WHY.

Attached: 19.jpg (2448x3264, 784K)

That's all, folks! No new waifus this time, but there's always next month.

Attached: 20.jpg (2448x3264, 781K)

can you skip to the titan tails arc

Because SEGA wants you to feel bad for not buying their shitty game.

Well, where do you draw the line between workmanlike and professional? That's what Spaz' Archie Mega Man art looked like to me, Capcom pro art.

>"...both hedgehogs in one strike".
Huh, a character that has history with not only Sonic, but Amy as well?