What are your honest thoughts on Infinity War?

What are your honest thoughts on Infinity War?

Attached: hibn.png (849x370, 697K)

looks gr8 can't w8

It will be a good movie that will progressively get worse when people actually start thinking about it.

Honestly hype as hell, but I know i'm never gonna be able to see in in less than a packed theater unless I wait till the last day it's in theaters

50-80 people laughing way too hard and cheering every time something remotely hype happens

Already got my tickets for early premier showing. I'm not exactly a diehard fan of the MCU but I enjoy it enough and had the last few movies spoiled for me, so I'll be damned if I'm spoiled this time.

Fuck I hadn’t thought of this. I saw Black Panther a night early and it was obnoxiously loud. I hadn’t even considered what Infinity War would be like.

I enjoy an enthusiastic audience, it's a good experience to enjoy something alongside other people having fun. I absolutely hate a bored, wannabe heckler audience. They ruin the experience for me rather than adding to it.

Looks alright but I can't get hype for the movie equivalent of an event. Will watch when there's a good rip.

Hype audiences are great though.

Biggest and best movie of all time that will change not just cinema but everything forever

We will start using BIW and AIW instead of BCE and CE

Marvel figured out that their movies don't have to be enduring works of art, they just need to have immediate impact to get asses in seats, before the critical reasoning sets in.

I don't even know when it comes out?

I saw your thread and was like "I didn't know it was out already?"

Exactly. Go for the easy and safe action blockbuster and give people a good time that fades away after a while.

I can't fault them but it leaves the whole MCU as samey. Good but still samey.

Its released in the US in the last week of April

I'm not sure I see anything wrong with that. The job of a blockbuster movie is to entertain you for a couple of hours, not to be used as a template for all narrative endeavors. Certainly beats movies that seem retarded as you watch them.

>BIW and AIW instead of BCE and CE
What?

I agree, but it sucks when there's moments like when Hulk went ham on Loki in avengers, and the cheering drowned out the "puny god" line

or in Godzilla 2014 when there was a solid minute of cheering when he finally did the atomic breath

I didn't mean to imply there's anything wrong with it. I think it's a very successful business model and I can't say I don't enjoy the movies it produces. Not all of them, but enough. Then again, I'm well used to enjoying "disposable media" like this.

>The job of a blockbuster movie is to entertain you for a couple of hours, not to be used as a template for all narrative endeavors.

>This is the average MCU fan

There's nothing wrong with it in general. Hitchcock himself said a movie only has to make sense during its runtime. If you start seeing holes later, the movie has done its job regardless.

>implying "common era" was ever in regular use

The MCU definitely nails the action blockbuster well but nothing more than that. The DCEU tries to do more but ultimately fails at doing so. I found the X-franchise and the Raimi Spider-Man films to find that perfect middle ground.

He's right though. The movies are very good at what they do. 2 hour of fun, forgettable action. I mean, who actually wants to waste brain space on remembering every detail of 20+ superhero movies? Not me.

Before Infinity War
After Infinity War
Before Common Era
Common Era

Hitchcock didn't live in the age of franchises.

If the movie really falls apart, it might ruin your perception of sequels and kill your interest even if you didn't realize it during runtime.

I thought the average MCU fan thought those movies were masterpieces. Make up your mind.
I haven't paid for a single MCU movie.

When I saw Avengers we had a guy calling out "BUSS HIM UP BUSS HIM UP BUSS HIM UP" right up until it happened. I don't think I've ever seen an audience engage with a movie that hard before or since. The hype was real.

Hasn't really slowed the MCU's momentum though, despite all the flaws people find with the movies after the honeymoon phase ends. What people remember is the experience of the films rather than all the little details. They remember really fun, positive experiences and that caries over to the next one.

He did though.

Attached: monsters-715000.jpg (590x350, 53K)

I don’t really care. I don’t care about the MCU anymore. Or most live-action cape adaptations. I care more about the comics and cartoons.

And I enjoy hearing the movie I paid $16 for. I’ve never witnessed anyone heckle a movie out loud, which I’m sure I’d find annoying too, but I’d rather everyone to not drown out the film.

So you´re a black skinned man?

>first view
go with friends, or maybe family, whatever showig you planned to watch, buy tickets for the next one bc by the time you get in and buy snacks the theater will be packed

>potential second viewing
wait two weeks, go on a weekday, earliest possible showing, and catch any dialogue you might have missed

Audiences cheer when Spidey says or does anything.

Audience loves Irony Man and Cap.

Audience love Guardians meeting Tony.

Audience bored by Thanos backstory.

Audiences indifferent when Vision dies.

I'll never understand why chucklefucks like you respond to threads about shit you don't like.

Not him but OP asked how [user] feels about IW, he never implied he only wanted positive feedback.
At least he isn't going into a thread celebrating something to shit on it like you're implying.

Yep. And sometimes you get pleasantly surprised, where you get a movie that is that but also has like a theme and shit. Like GOTG2.

I won't say the MCU movies are masterpeices, but frankly its impressive that they haven't had an outright bad movie yet. A couple of relative dudes like Thor 2, but nothing that was a real stinker of a film.