Why did Charlie Brown only care about the Little Red Haired Girl again?

Why did Charlie Brown only care about the Little Red Haired Girl again?

Attached: 151111_BB_P-Patty-Marcie.jpg.CROP.promo-xlarge2.jpg (1180x842, 248K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=F7xFrJxdIBg
youtube.com/watch?v=A15v4tTab0Y
twitter.com/AnonBabble

she represents an unreachable goal most people try to achieve, and also reality to some about their own life(patty).

Because who doesn't want to be with a redhead?

Marcie is best girl.

Attached: 1451477179494.jpg (916x3280, 1.26M)

Attached: 1502523221676.gif (600x304, 52K)

Even if Patty wasn't a bombshell, if I were Charlie Brown I'd at least consider her. She's the girl he seems to get along with best and actually enjoys talking to. Their talks under the tree are sweet and they have shared interests, I wouldn't give that up for some vapid girl that only has looks and nothing else, who barely notices I exist. Compatibility matters.

The films and specials can do what they want; based on her silhouette, I choose to believe she looks exactly like Marcie but with red-hair instead. Just because that sort of thing fits in so well with who Charlie Brown is.

Attached: Little Red-Haired Girl.gif (900x273, 65K)

She was just that awesome. When Patty saw Red she broke down in tears.

lewd

That may not be as impressive as it sounds considering Patty's abysmal self image. If Charlie Brown had a big crush on Lucy she'd be comparing herself unfavorably to her, too.

I think Patty has enough self esteem to consider herself above Lucy, not much more but still enough self esteem for that.

Because he's a blockhead.

>You will never find your Peppermint Patty.

Can someone put up that great post about Patty, had a lot to do with her dad working late and having no mom. It was one of the best posts on Sup Forums in years.

Fucking hell, Charlie is a dense motherfucker.

Charlie Brown is a harem anime protagonist.

oh shit

The only time the comics even hint at the LRHG's appearance, and it's because that fucking dog stole her from everybody.

Patty is ugly.

I think we all know that Lucy is his endgame. Neither of them will like it, but that will be how things go down.

Underrated post.

At least he and Linus can be bros.

this

Because you ignored her man

So weird to remember that Schulz was a WWII veteran and a lot of the strips reference that in a very personal way (saying goodbye to a loved one before a long "trip," dramatic phone calls back home, etc). Also the fact that he accidentally shot one of his friends during the war and was haunted by that for the rest of his life.

If Charlie Brown's life is anything like Schultz's, he'll marry Lucy, divorce her and then get with Peppermint Patty

Was it this?
>Peppermint Patty's such a well realized character. She has so many different things going on in her life that are all believably connected to each other. The fact that she lacks a mother but adores her father affecting her interaction with traditional femininity, her love of her father helping with her insecurities about her femininity, but those insecurities being reinforced by Charlie Brown's constant romantic disinterest, and how much she pursues the more masculine bravado sports relationship because it's the only way she really feels comfortable and confident. Her insecurities about her femininity affecting her performance at school, reducing her grades and making her more insecure about her intelligence. On top of the fact that she doesn't get any sleep because she's terrified of the dark and can't sleep in an empty house even though her single dad works really late shifts so she stays up to see him, because it's the only time they spend together and he's one of her only sources of validation, which makes her super tired during school and even MORE insecure about her intelligence, further leading her to only base her self worth on her athletic abilities.
>She's just so incredibly nuanced and 3-dimensional, no other character in Peanuts that I can think of has quite so much baggage that all intricately plays together so well, aside from maybe Charlie Brown himself.

Attached: patty.png (1091x280, 72K)

This is true.

As cool as Patty could be sometimes, there were just as many times she was an inexcusable bitch to Chuck.

Marcie was always a fun, quirky, sweetheart.

Damn, Marcie is a beast!

Like that time she joined Lucy in blaming him for losing that football game

How would Patty react if Marcie stole Chuck out from under her big nose?

She would probably have threesome with them.

>normies think Patty and Marcie are lesbians

Attached: 1235986851399.png (126x174, 26K)

That was a real fun read

Shippers aren't normal in any sense of the word.
They'd totally end up experimenting though

Dear God, he's right. Right down to the part about best girl losing to the tsunshit

Attached: 1398210901671s.jpg (107x125, 4K)

Because some people are destined to never be happy. They'll push away the shy girl a year younger who's always trying to get closer, deflect when the old friend makes a suggestive comment and you can see in her eyes that she desperately wants a response that shows you might want something deeper between you two, ignore the girl you barely knew who turned bright red when her friends said she had a crush on you, be completely oblivious to the cute boyish girl that you were sure was a lesbian until she confessed that she has a crush on you at the prom when you're dating her friend, and end up with the stalker who was the only one persistent enough to give you no choice but ended up leaving you with a broken heart and now it's been years and you still don't have the nerve to make a move with the nice girl who keeps coming to see you where you work and her mom wants you to get together but goddammit I can't do anything right and it'll go wrong somehow and I just wish I had the nerve to kill myself already.

Alcohol can help with that last part.

She'd go to Snoopy, of course, that "funny-looking kid with the big floppy ears".

It was a commentary on pining for this distant ideal that you will never get

>hips are touching

Fucking lewd

fucking bendis

Attached: real neat.png (602x196, 125K)

Because he isn't into being shot down by a couple lesbians, one of the other girls is a total bitch, and the other girl is his sister.

Marcie and Patty are about as much lesbian as Daria and Jane.

honestly since she's a ginger she probably looks like a mix between marcy and patty
marcy hair, patty's freckles

eww

>Charlie Brown is a harem anime protagonist.
>has a little sister who exclusively calls him "big brother"

Attached: 1233623150927.jpg (600x450, 66K)

>oh woe is me I get hit on by the daily
Do it.

this is not ok

Attached: penguin_shock.jpg (409x409, 15K)

Oh my. Why do people think they're lesbians, again?

Attached: Patty_Marci.jpg (349x267, 16K)

Attached: peanuts.jpg (749x1045, 169K)

because they spent a lot of time together and they're both girls.

because people don't understand platonic relationships, one of them is a sporty tomboy and the other wears glasses

Because Patty's boyish, because close friends always attract "hurr durr them gays" hot takes, and because people find it funny to insert "adult" topics into childhood stories.

Who's that with the red head girl?

Because he's a block head!

Attached: lucy.gif (480x270, 1.13M)

Also the "sir" thing sounds like roleplaying to the dirty-minded.

>The more I learn about Charles Schulz's life the more depressing it becomes
Amazing.

the redhead girl is the angelic character on top

Attached: girls.png (349x469, 303K)

toddlercon fans, rejoice!

Shit that's true, thanks man. I need to learn up on my Peanuts lore.

But it was based on his wife. Charlie brown was him.

I remember he told a story in one of the Peanuts anthologies where he and his wife had to go on a trip and leave their kids by themselves for a few days. He called home one night to ask how things were going, and the person they got to babysit said "Oh, everything's fine. The ambulance just left."

This is partly why I enjoyed the Peanuts Movie. It didn't go there. It didn't do that thing the Scooby-Doo movie did where it glorified the SHAGGY SMOKES WEED VELMA IS A LESBIAN HEY WHO WANTS TA SEE SCRAPPY-DOO GET FUCKED kinda jokes everyone made when they were in their ironic cartoon-watching phase. It was every bit a Peanuts cartoon that a new generation of kids can enjoy and it refused to apologize for that.

Attached: Scrappy_grin.jpg (259x194, 4K)

Would you play the Peanuts dating sim?

Attached: Lucy Route.png (1200x2528, 1.19M)

Attached: Peppermint_Patty Route.png (1408x4480, 2.35M)

Attached: Marcie Route.png (1758x3726, 1.52M)

yes
yes
yes

Best route.

Remember that time his daughter got an abortion out of country and when his wife and her came back home the first thing he asked about was the scenery? I member.

Why choose any other route?

youtube.com/watch?v=F7xFrJxdIBg

No, she wasn't. She used to be a certain woman that got married with a friend of the author.

Because Charlie Brown is a superficial person, he wants to be appreciated (and needed) for his inside but he isn't the kind of person that do that kind of things. He is not a bad guy but he isn't perfect in that aspect, he wants a beautiful girl as any other normal guy even when he has a closer relationship with another girl.

youtube.com/watch?v=A15v4tTab0Y

Based Yoto

Attached: 1520391401063.png (900x1178, 923K)

>Even if Patty wasn't a bombshell, if I were Charlie Brown I'd at least consider her.

Then you wouldn't be Charlie Brown because part of Charlie Brown's problem is that he's so focused on what ifs and maybes that he overlooks the things in front of him.

Yes. It was in Japan, btw.

I didn't know this was a harem manga.

>I think it was a right number

Attached: 3421F5AE-6081-4533-BFE3-9BD76A4881A1.jpg (328x328, 13K)

So Marcie is Asian right

Hmmm, have a hapa autist daughter with Marcie.
Have a maximum chad son with Patty.
Have them marry. Master race super 1/4 Eurasian grandchild created? Asian genes prevent inbred retardation?

no
have we really gotten to the point that every person with dark hair has to be asian?

Attached: 1484967238759.jpg (1080x1063, 81K)

>Asian genes prevent inbred retardation?
maybe, but they also cause down syndrome

Attached: 39dec233cfc6b464784032e72e66dea1--nicolas-cage-famous-celebrities.jpg (585x700, 72K)

Jew?

user, You can do it.

It's going to be awkward at times, its going to be confusing, and by god its going to be ugly at times.

But you can still do it.

So go do it.

I don't think Crispy is Jewish
Even people of West European descent can be Brunettes with brown eyes.
You don't need to be South European, East European, etc to have dark hair
You probably also think Gaelic and Roman noses are Jewish too, don't you?

Attached: 1515867763530.jpg (599x800, 231K)

I'm projecting. I'm curly brown hair, brown eyed person with euro-burger ancestors as far back as I can trace.

I fear the DNA test...

no she's retarded

if it turns out you're jewish, just marry a cute jewish girl

Attached: 6575aacd9e83e91caf7c375f2a1569f1d0879d0e0f565920707921de7a99ab6c.png (1003x878, 688K)

Charlie Brown can't accept the idea that someone likes him, especially since Patty's tsundere as fuck and the one time he did contemplate the idea that it was a sincere interest she went on for like two strips about how she hated him.

I've been opposing them so long (in so far as anyone can in clown world)... I'm sure I'm on some list. Probably I'll just go innawoods and marry a castiza or hapa or a less hideous injun if I'm not really white.

I used to always ship Lucy and Charlie. But learning about Lucy's history as a character kinda makes it weird for me to ship them.

Attached: 20111207.gif (612x3629, 341K)

I find this comic interesting since it's almost the antithesis of how Charlie feels about the Red Headed Girl. He was actually thrilled to find out she chews her pencil and has a flaw.

>I hate to see you suffer all the time

Attached: 1514675396237.jpg (480x320, 30K)

doesn't he keep the pencil
>the freak

that explains a lot

I've spent the last few weeks with a heating pad in my bed. It's not cold enough for it and I'm not sore, but I don't want to stop.

>You're gonna be double teamed

Lewd

>hips are touching

L-LEWD