The problem with south park

There is nothing left to parody
That's it

Attached: c93.jpg (1433x1063, 203K)

The nice thing about current events is that they will never ever cease. It's an infinite grab-bag of low hanging fruit.

As long as everyone is acting so fucking crazy that you can't make a joke without it becoming true the next day there will be no point in shows like southpark
Some of their best episodes come from parodying tv and movies, what could you really parody that came out in the last couple years and don't say marvel because they did and it was bad

Does this mean hell has legitimately frozen over if South Park runs out of material?

Surely theres something wrong if there's nothing worth parodying or shit is too crazy, it's already a parody of itself.

South Park will never run out of material, at worst it will cease to be topical and go full cartoon. South Park will end when Trey and Matt are unable to do the voices.

As long as humanity doesn't stop being retarded, there will always be something left to parody

I kinda wish they'd put the focus morseo on the characters than on the thing they're lampooning.

Cartman Joins NAMBLA was on just the other night and I was fucking losing it in ways I didn't even come close to with season 20 and 21; it tackled a real-world thing, but all of the humor came from the characters interacting with that real-world thing (rather than just "look, it's real-world thing).

twitch streamers, nk, sjw, alright, count dankula. Honestly it is so easy, but they were bought to make a shitty political stance and everything has gone downhill

Attached: 4O7kxqe4ndit9kWKFubo-fpuVPbURU8rXpUyQO-svZE.png (1024x626, 539K)

DRUMPF JOKES.

Am not even a Trump supporter and i find it cringy

I don't follow pop culture trends and thus modern South Park is usually completely lost on me, who/what is this supposed to be?

The old episodes are just very different from the new ones. The new stuff seems like it tries too hard and falls flat.

So what about they stop making lame parodies and just create original storylines that aren't reliant on pop culture references?

Oh, wait. They lost the spark to make something like that on Season 3

It's a shame too, since I remember them specifically saying "we don't wanna be like SNL where each week is the same tired unfunny shit about Trump", yet they still had a handful of Trump episodes in season 21.

They had the chance to mock:

SJWs (properly)
Modern Feminist
The Gender Wars (properly)
Virtue Signaling to SJWs
Fake News
Female Pedophiles
The Russia Narrative
The Sex Scandals
The Fake Sexual Harrasment accusations with no Proof.

ALL OF THIS, OVER 4 FUCKING SEASONS!

But nope, because the cheeto dorito won and had no plan B, they turned out Season 20 to shit, the season before was also a lame cop-out and disappointment, and the last season was brocken promises because "'fuck trump eh gais''.

Not to mention all those gijillion plot points and ideas that were flush down the toilet and even teh ones they pull out at the last second and pretended they were developed were shit.

A while ago we had this terrible reality show called "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo" about a horrible white trash family that embodied all the worst things about white Southerners in America. I imagine there are clips on youtube, look them up if you want to sympathize with ISIS.

They could parody themselves

I find them extremely funny

But it wasnt every week and SNL has been doing stellar

Attached: Peggy_hill.jpg (211x239, 7K)

>Female Pedophiles
They already did that perfectly.

>THAT'S the teacher?
>Yeah.
>But... she's hot!

>SNL has been doing stellar
Aside from Stefan, David Pumpkins, and The Rock building a child molesting robot, I can't think of a single funny thing SNL has done in the past 5 years.

Nice.....

Nice...

Could they parody this man and his works?

Attached: 1516239079126.jpg (1200x675, 90K)

They just ran out of ideas. Matt and Trey should just stick to being showrunners while abandoning the one week production rule. Would love another three parter like Imaginationland.

>saves fat kino

The problem is that real life itself has gotten so ridiculous and crazy that parody and satire are meaningless. The things we all laughed about as too far-fetched to be true are actually happening now.

>south park
>making fun of leftys

you havent been paying attention

Things IRL are just so fucked at the moment that southpark can't make a joke about it because reality is the punchline. Things that were once jokes are now policy in countries. Things that were once strawman for ridicule our now reality. Compare Onion articles ten years ago and they're less outrageous than shit we see now. There is no normalcy because society is in a downward spiral the simultaneously hilarious due to its absurdity and one of the most serious things to happen since WWII. Everything from SJW political correctness, radical feminism, hate speech laws, the alt-right, Trump, Islamic terrorists attacks, the rise of neo-fascism, charlottesville, ethno-nationalism, ect ect ect. What can you possibly extrapolate from all of this shit? It's absurd on face value. It's not like you can distill current events into humour and more than what they are in reality. Comedy is dead, when everything is absurd nothing is.

Attached: 1508719333808.png (1420x1073, 1.63M)

You could easily make an episode about that guy from europe getting arrested for making a shitpost on youtube.

the nazi-dog?

man euros are really fucked, wonder if those burger vs america threads still happen and what their defense says about it

yeah that guy

>SJWs (properly)
>Modern Feminist
>Virtue Signaling to SJWs

But they did this. I think you skipped a whole season.

>South Park 1996
lol what if Cartman got things put up his ass
>South Park 2016
FUCC DRUMPF #NOTMUHPRESDENT

>The problem is that real life itself has gotten so ridiculous and crazy that parody and satire are meaningless.

How old are you? Did you just hit adulthood last week?

The real problem with South Park:
>They overly rely on parody and satire instead of original stories about the boys with the satire in the background as it used to be the case
>The political humor isn't clever or particularly even funny, just preachy, and it comes on way too thick
>Randy and Cartman are still the writers' obvious favorites and have to steal the spotlight constantly while characters that were once mainstays like Kenny are shoved away and forgotten
>The tone is all over the place now, they want to tackle serious issues in a more meaningful way now but the execution is terrible so plots like Heidi's abusive relationship with Cartman and Stan's cynicism driving his friends away feel really out of place and don't work with the kind of show South Park has been for decades
>They don't copypaste photographs of celebrities or real world entities on the character models anymore; minor nitpick, but idk it's just funny

>fuck political satire and DRUMPFposting
>it's okay if they mock politics, just not my politics
Fuck off retard, the over-reliance on political humor is what ruined South Park. Episodes like The Death Camp of Tolerance is the furthest it should ever go when mocking that shit, anything else is just cringey and bad writing.

They've simply found a different demographic to troll. In this case, snowflake Sup Forums babies who can't stop sucking Trump's cock.

Things they haven't referenced yet that would make for good episodes:
>My 600 lb Life
>Kevin Spacey
>WB completely destroying DC's credibility with their movies
>Rick and Morty, specifically the sauce autism
>anything that happened in Fractured But Whole

>one of the most serious things to happen since WWII

one? is it really ONE of the most serious things to happen since ww2? it's not ONE thing, it's a projectile clusterfuck of things that made its impact on the fragile walls that are our concept of reality sometime around 2013 and we only just noticed when people realized that holy shit, we have a reality show star for a president, we have a reality show FOR a presidency

everything u put up there - that's just the West for the most part, except for ethno-nationalism, which is big in the east, too: the chinese under xi, the indians with their hindutva, the pakistani and their general lunacy (i.e., a prime minister getting ousted out of office for the use of the calibri in a document), the japanese with their glorification of war criminals, and russia with its bizarre society run by fox news style government propaganda

not to mention the slow motion death of the arab world

am i being a tad pessimistic? because i see the future as very, very bleak

in the war of the crusades, the saracens WILL have the last laugh apparently, choking on their own blood, as europe turns into a fascist, isolationist monster, going back to its previous balkanized form in some kind of hideous bizarro version of the eu, egged on by russia and its own politicians - there'll be camps in italy for anyone with any speck of brown in their skin, and the rest of the continent may very well follow suit

meanwhile, china's turned into a black mirror episode, after creating an empire of tribute states in africa and southeast asia, which is what the chinese teach their children as having been the natural order of things since the days before the white man was even a reality to these people - their only competition now being japan after the second korean war makes both koreas collapse, with north koreans flooding china, and south koreans flooding japan in a humanitarian crisis that makes the syrian one look like freecell

kinda telling that the best episodes last season were hummels and the one that parodied their own movie

No, there's plenty to parody, they've just lost touch.

South Park should do an episode about jordan peterson fucking a lobster and carrying it's eggs in his butt, GOT EM!

I don't know about you, but seeing Terrance and Phillip get wheeled out in that episode with Canada getting nuked was one of the most existentially depressing things I've seen in a long time on TV.

Like here you have these two characters who are obviously meant to be Matt and Trey and more specifically the show itself and how it was perceived by society once upon a time, and now they're old and busted, repeating the same tired old jokes in the most painful way possible. It's such a perfect way to sum up how things have changed so radically in 20 years and these two incredibly funny, sharp, edgy guys have lost touch this much, and they know it.

How about writing jokes that don't become dated in six months time then?

That's literally all of south park. The only difference is now you understand when they make references.

up for the new sp thread

play pd you fags!

Attached: TierList.jpg (4856x4392, 3.92M)

I'd say they could satirise Britain but the way things are here they could literally just animate news articles and it'e be absurd enough for the show.

So make it about the globetrotting adventures of Tweek and Craig. Kenny and Butters can come too.

thats because you're an angry little man thats dead inside. majority of america finds it funny

I thought the problem was that the show is written by two libertarian hacks?

pretty sure you mean the majority of people watching fucking TV in 2018

fucking TEE VEE
thats looking at trailer park liberals, illegal immigrants, and welfare niggers
OF COARSE anti-right humor is popular with them

majority of america finds trash like big bang theory funny, what's your point?

>There is nothing left to parody
Honey Boo-Boo was about 5 years ago though. The bar is much lower now.

Not him but I'm liberal and I hate it. It's a fucking shadow of what it used to be that needs to be taken out back and put down. Almost none of the cast members are standouts, there hasn't been a funny skit in god knows how long, and once again you have a show that relies so much on political humor that everything else takes back seat. And I get that politics have been an SNL staple since season 1 but none of these ones are funny. I'm the exact kind of person they're trying to appeal to and even I think they're irritating.

>South Park makes fun of things I dislike
BASED Matt and Trey telling it like it is!
>South Park makes fun of things I like
THIS ISN'T FUCKING FUNNY
WHO DO THEY THINK THEY ARE

Go fuck yourself pol/

>south park makes fun of something once
BASED Matt and Trey keeping up the comedy past simpsons and family guy
>south park makes the same joke for 3 seasons back to back
Zombie park

>I'm liberal
On Sup Forums? Aren't your kind on tumblr or reddoy

Wasn't that just OP's pic though? And the part of the episode where Stan and Kyle are sitting and wondering if it's their own fault that entertainment's gotten to such a level that it's just fat people fighting on spaghetti?

For those of you who don't like how it is, how would you fix South Park?

more kid focused episodes
episodic rather than serialized
garrison appears as much as clydes sister
running gag where kyle gets interrupted during his bitchfits

the creators are like 50 and dont keep up with this shit

>running gag where kyle gets interrupted during his bitchfits
Didn't that already happen in s19? Every time he tried to make a speech, everyone would glare at him until he shut up.

yeah and now his speeches have been replaced with bitch fits

theyre the same thing just with a different cadence

Keep the serialization, but actually make it so Trey and Matt know how the story ends. Make it like the games, where the kids have adventures that unravel and go out of control.

Kyle needs to learn his lesson from s21 and keep his mouth shut next season. The focus he's had for the last few seasons hasn't been particularly funny.

I miss watching the kids get involved in innocuous schemes that spiral out of control in ridiculous ways.

cartman telling kyle how he cant understand cause hes never had a gf was pretty funny

Wrong. There's plenty left to parody but the writers have lost touch and are too out of it to know what's happening.

There were a few good comedic one-liners but most of the recent Kyle focus sucked.
He was involved in a lot of drama and most of it involved him getting shat on whether he deserved it or not.

Not a coincidence the best South Park episodes are not referencing some current event but are usually about oblivious kids doing something stupid because they're kids.

What are you talking about
There is loads of people on the left and right to make fun of, they just have tp be more creative and outlandish to beat back this crazy shit.

I didn't even vote for Trump but frankly I'm sick of hearing about how he's Literally Hitler and how borders are racist. At this rate I might vote for him 2020 out of spite just because I'm sick of the constant bitching about him.

She lost. Get over it.

internet shit or shit that has the appropriate level of relevance only online. the majority of people are still live IRL.

Kys

DIE COMBLR

Attached: 1516601772152.jpg (505x490, 32K)

That's where you are wrong, buddy, guy, pal, friend.

I recently heard of a younger female teacher that had sex with one of the teenagers at her school.

The teen was a girl.
Double nice?

they were mean to trump and the alt-right instead

They can't, they killed of Pip. So don't bother looking forward to episodes about any British related for a while.

>fuck political satire and DRUMPFposting
>it's okay if they mock politics, just not my politics
The existential problem with DRUMPF mocking is that its not clever. Trump was voted for the qualities he lacks, not what he has. If people could've voted for a dog to take the office, they would've. Trump is a joke, and mocking him for being a joke only shows you didn't get the joke.

DRUMPFposting is the attempt to mock a dog for being too stupid to operate a car, after someone showed you a funny picture of their dog behind a wheel.

Next season arch is going to be "Eugh the white family are so evil, we must punish Jason for it"

Attached: south park bg.jpg (400x346, 47K)

>Trump was voted for the qualities he lacks, not what he has. If people could've voted for a dog to take the office, they would've.

That's actually a pretty concise explanation.

The old jokes don't work anymore. I'm glad they don't rely on shit and gore jokes.

Trump may be a low hanging fruit but that's his fault.

>twitch streamers, nk, sjw, alright, count dankula
Gumball did it.

Not really.

Jurassic World, Sjw movies like Ghostbusters 2016, New StarTrek series, LaLaLand, Weinstein, Kevin Spacey, PacificRim, GamesofThrones, BladeRunner, DC, Sony trying to do their Movieuniverse like Mummy/Monsterverse, Transformer1x
There is a lot

nice butthurt, trailershit

>Jason gets shit on because his dad pointed a gun at kids to help the president escape
>it's a moral about accepting that some people will blame you for something someone in your family/group did, but you don't need to feel guilt for it if you personally didn't do anything wrong
With a Kyle guilt B-plot to contrast the main plot with someone who feels guilty over something he really was responsible for but got little retribution.

Internet Bloodsports. Nuff said

Someone in a recent thread posted a good idea for a Black Panther episode where Cartman believes Wakanda is real and black people are ripping white people off with aid foundations.
It's too bad it'll all be irrelevant by the time s22 rolls around.

>more super hero shit after fbw

please no

star wars

The movie could just be mentioned in the beginning to get the main plot of Cartman thinking there's a race conspiracy going.

Alternately, the Black Panther hype could work for a "minority representation in media" episode, which I don't think has been covered in the show yet.

>pander to me and my shitty internet shit no one cares about!

No.

After Fractured But Whole I can safely say we need more Scott next season.

Then they should stop trying to run a show based on parodying current culture

>no one cares about

Attached: dhfhfgh5677.jpg (665x373, 63K)

>A faggot who hate protestans. [sic]
>Can't spell or write "Sup Forums" correctly
So I see you fall into the illegal immigrant category.