Could you see Snyder making a image comics adaptation like savage dragon or young blood?

Could you see Snyder making a image comics adaptation like savage dragon or young blood?

Attached: Zack+Snyder+CinemaCon+2017+Warner+Bros+Pictures+dmyL1oTiOMGl.jpg (437x600, 40K)

He'd completely miss the point and butcher them, I'm convinced the guy doesn't like comics, he just does movies based on them because they're popular right now.

But 90s image books are all mostly style over substance something Zack is constantly accused of i think he would be a good fit

how many daughters does he have left to sacrifice

could I?
yes
would I?
no

The Authority prehaps.
Savage Dragon no, the humor wouldn't appeal to him he plays things (thankfully) more straight.

I honestly think he would be a good choice to do a new The Shadow movie.
Would have all the things he liked and did with Batman but without autist screeching about "no kill codes". And Shadow doesn't have visual powers and so film wouldn't need to have extravagant visuals beyond the look of the period piece setting.

>I'm convinced the guy doesn't like comics
Then your a absolutist retard.
Just because we prefer serious, semi realistic, non silly comics does not mean we dislike comics in general.

>And Shadow doesn't have visual powers and so film wouldn't need to have extravagant visuals beyond the look of the period piece setting.
We both know it would be a clusterfuck of ramping effects and needless color filtering.

There is no "point" to Young Blood dumbass.

I think he likes them. He just doesn't really understand or read a lot of them

While the initial concept of Savage Dragon is really good, the comic has always been a gigantic mess. If anything, Snyder would be faithful.

Color filtering is a good thing especially in period pieces.

his spawn can be kino

>He just doesn't really understand
Why the fuck do people say this.
Being a flawless mary sue IS NOT the fucking point of Superman.
Making these heroes into flawed relatable human beings who fail but push forward anyway is not missing the fucking point of them. It's emphasizing the point of them by challenging them and testing them.

Heroes who the writers cheat for and make sure doe everything flawlessly are not fucking inspiring, characters who overcome their own problems and the problems of the world around them and accomplish great things are.

It's not even that, he doesn't understand why batman was more violent in the DKR and he thinks batman kills in that book even though it makes it clear on multiple occasions he never has and doesn't in that book. If he can't understand simple things that are spelled out for him in that, he's not going to understand most comics in general, and especially not ones with deeper meanings, look at what happened to Watchmen.

I don't even read capeshit, but what I'm saying is that if he even remotely cared about the comics he were adapting Flash wouldn't be a turbo autist, Wonder Woman wouldn't be a coward, Aquaman wouldn't be a drunk loner and Superman wouldn't have died a year into his career

I understand what he's trying to do with Superman and Batman. He's just really fucking bad at it.

Also, Jimmy Olsen wouldn't be dead.

BvS Jimmy Olsen barely had a resemblance to comics Jimmy Olsen.

>he doesn't understand why batman was more violent in the DKR
Because he was old and bittered that nothing has changed and his multi decade long war has accomplished very little. Exactly the same in Bvs.
>and he thinks batman kills in that book even though it makes it clear on multiple occasions he never has
It's not clear at all.
It does look like he shoots the Mutant dead to save the baby and "rubber bullets" moment shows the shells being fired by the tank exploding throwing Mutants into the air, there was a severe disconnect between the writing & the art in that book.
>look at what happened to Watchmen.
He understood the meaning perfectly fine, just softened it so it would be palpable for a general audience, the point is still fully present in his version.
>Flash wouldn't be a turbo autist
They are trying to make him into their version of Spider-Man.
>Wonder Woman wouldn't be a coward
She isn't in anyway, not believing that humanity deserves help or that it would be futile regardless isn't cowardice.
>Aquaman wouldn't be a drunk loner
He was a loner in the new 52 after his dad's death.
The drinking is deeply inconsequential.
>and Superman wouldn't have died a year into his career
Except that was a vast improvement over the comics. Death of Superman was a (admitted by the writer) trashy gimmick that resulted in zero growth in character for Superman.
In the dceu it's the last step in Superman's arc, he decides regardless of all the baggage that comes with the job, regardless of the problems he may cause by doing the job, he accepts this world and is willing to die for it and for humanity proving that his intent was good the whole time.

And again, if Snyder cared about the source material at all he wouldn't have made Jimmy CIA and wouldn't killed him in the desert because he's a selfish prick as had no "room for him", instead of not touching him in case another director would want to use him

I think Snyder would make a GOAT Miracleman adaption.

You would be right, in a way

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: First 300, now Watchmen — have you always been a comics fan?
ZACK SNYDER: I came to comic books through my mother. I loved fantasy art — I love Frank Frazetta [the famed illustrator known for adult-oriented, sword-and-sorcery, and sci-fi imagery]. I went to boarding school. You weren’t allowed too many posters up, and everything I set up was slightly inappropriate. Frazetta’s naked girls, ripped up guys — the kids were like, ”What the hell?!” They had their Boy George posters up, I had crazy Frazetta. My mother saw I was into this comic called Heavy Metal magazine, so she got me a subscription. You could call it ”high-brow” comics, but to me, that comic book was just pretty sexy! I had a buddy who tried getting me into ”normal” comic books, but I was all like, ”No one is having sex or killing each other. This isn’t really doing it for me.” I was a little broken, that way. So when Watchmen came along, I was, ”This is more my scene.”

But watching any of his comic book movies would tell you he doesn't get it. Like Moore meant for the Watchman to be pathetic parodies. They weren't supposed to be cool, superhumans slickly beating everybody up. Which is exactly what Snyder did. His stylised fight direction is the exact opposite of the direction needed. The WB people are fucking hacks for thinking he would do a good job.

He grew up loving Frank Frazetta and Heavy Metal primarily. Which makes complete sense with how he makes comicbook movies.
I don't think 90s style art like most of old school Image would appeal to him, nor would he emulate it well.

Attached: frankfrazetta-seven-romans-1979.jpg (382x512, 62K)

>Because he was old and bittered that nothing has changed and his multi decade long war has accomplished very little. Exactly the same in Bvs.
In BvS is was because of Robins death and because he was angry at Superman. He got more violent in the DKR as the old methods didn't work any more, not because he was angry.
>It's not clear at all. It does look like he shoots the Mutant dead to save the baby and "rubber bullets" moment shows the shells being fired by the tank exploding throwing Mutants into the air, there was a severe disconnect between the writing & the art in that book.
He shot the mutant but was never charged with killing it, soon after that he talks to an imaginary Dick Grayson and says he's never killed before and even though he can't think of a reason as to why he shouldn't he can't bring himself to do it. The book clearly states it, I'm sorry the pictures aren't 100% clear, you do know comics have words in them too right?
>They are trying to make him into their version of Spider-Man.
And this shows how he respects the source material how?
She isn't in anyway, not believing that humanity deserves help or that it would be futile regardless isn't cowardice.
She hid away because her fucking boyfriend died, that's cowardice
>Except that was a vast improvement over the comics. Death of Superman was a (admitted by the writer) trashy gimmick that resulted in zero growth in character for Superman.
And the DCEU's did? What did it do? Make him realise earth is his home? Superman should know that before he leaves the fucking farm. Most of Snyder's "character development" is stuff he should have learned as a young man, not as a 30 year old because his parents were incompetent.

...but couldn't he "have fun with him"?

>You could call it ”high-brow” comics
>I had a buddy who tried getting me into ”normal” comic books, but I was all like, ”No one is having sex or killing each other. This isn’t really doing it for me.”

Attached: 1517896090767.png (638x479, 363K)

>She hid away because her fucking boyfriend died, that's cowardice
No she hid because "men made a world were standing together is impossible".

>him realise earth is his home?
He knows it is his home, he has to accept all the grave problems with the earth, he had to reconcile if he wants this to be his life, knowing they will always fear him, he will never be able to save everyone, his existence will always cause problems that will get people killed. He had to move past all that and choose to save humanity anyway.
>Superman should know that before he leaves the fucking farm.
See, asking for this shit is demanding he be a mary sue who doesn't struggle or have concerns in his day to day life, fuck you.
>Most of Snyder's "character development" is stuff he should have learned as a young man, not as a 30 year old because his parents were incompetent.
They aren't incompetent, they are realistic flawed human beings living in a dark realistic world who don't have all the answers just like real parents don't.
One could argue the classic Kents are incompetent for not warning Clark about the dangers in the world and leaving him unprepared.

He could do Spawn.

I would KILL for a good Prophet adaptation.

Attached: Prophet29-spread.png (1170x900, 691K)