For artist avatars...

For artist avatars, do you think it's better to have a character that represents them or just to draw yourself in cartoon form?

How do you feel about artists who draw themselves skinnier/cuter than they are in real life?

Attached: Rebecca Sugar.jpg (500x555, 78K)

>artists who draw themselves skinnier/cuter than they are in real life?

Depends on how well it translates to the style.

As long as they're cute and sexy anything goes

Attached: 1521712420734.png (1300x852, 136K)

Is this cute and sexy?

Attached: download.jpg (259x194, 11K)

Attached: 1521600843483.png (511x789, 103K)

i don't feel anything anymore to be honest

From the thumbnail I thought this was someone with massive hips suck in a doorway

>Likes: Nintendo
EVERY
SINGLE
TIME

Which one?

Attached: 1521856025610.jpg (3343x2508, 512K)

T-This...this is a guy.

Looks like a fraggle

I prefer non-recognizable avatars Otherwise it feels kinda egoist, you know?

Attached: DYcmmnBU0AABfSS.jpg (644x389, 32K)

Noill manages to be an egoist in other ways

I think both are fine. I think Rebecca does a good job of translating herself into her style without being falsely attractive.

Please refrain from using egoist when you mean egotist or egotistical

This seems fairly accurate

Artists drawing themselves in their own style and in whatever way they choose just shows you 1. How the artist sees themselves and 2. What the artist cares about

Compare and contrast Sugar and JQ to Dobson and that one webcomic couple who are way chubbier irl than their avatar counterparts

I think drawing yourself however is fine, but it gets tiring if you go back and forth between your avatar being you and a separate character, much like Dobson did

I swear to god I've seen this creature before but it was some japanese show I think
it had clay animation and the creature had pointy animal ears and was bald. pic related

someone please help me remember

Attached: I don't know.png (480x640, 4K)

>How do you feel about artists who draw themselves skinnier/cuter than they are in real life?
Does it count if other people draw the artist's character cuter/slimmer?

>its a "Youtuber with OC avatar that occasionally changes expressions and gestures throughout the video"
Delete all of these. If I see one more video title that starts with "the problem with" I'm going to lose it

This make you angry, user?

Attached: giphy.gif (400x225, 2.09M)

looks like a shitty homestuck fan character

still not as bad as lauren zuke

Also this bitch is pretty cute irl.

Attached: 1508274413735.png (1000x1000, 415K)

Do I still have to do that if it's 2018 also plz be my gf Sarah.

She's like those nerds who think they can pull off wearing the scorpion jacket from Drive.

I'd rather they not draw themselves as unappealing as they actually look. That's gross.

This picture needs expansion

>let me get one thing straight before i begin; i LOVE this show, i just have a few holdups with it that i feel should be addressed.

Attached: 1414447132848.jpg (255x220, 6K)

Ruby and sapphire are one of the worst things to happen to SU, but i must confess i would gladly fuck rebecca, animated or otherwise

Attached: 2B3AF4DA-C134-47B3-8732-D36CABFF9A85.jpg (526x1026, 101K)

What does Sup Forums think of the mother's basement youtube channel? He can be funny but does he really need to make 10 videos about how awful SAO is?

Attached: 1491675381748.jpg (635x771, 80K)

Depends on how well it fits the artist's personality and persona. You can easily tell when an artist is being genuinely sardonic versus trying too hard to be self-depreciating or self-aggrandizing.

Honestly I hate those a less than the videos with thumbnails where they feel the need to photoshop themselves reacting to the subject.

He's not too bad, but he can get a little annoying when he's going on a tangent.

>just to draw yourself in cartoon form
this, really, but needs to fit the work
>themselves skinnier/cuter
Some can't really get any skinnier, like Mike Holmes (husband of Octopus Pie creator), pic related, more at: www.dorkly.com/post/74666/draw-me-like-one-of-your-other-famous-artists

Attached: mike holmes in style of .jpg (550x621, 41K)

>For artist avatars, do you think it's better to have a character that represents them or just to draw yourself in cartoon form?
Depends on the artstyle and the narrative. The negative outcome that's most likely is that the self insert draws too much attention to itself, which turns the work into an autobigraphical wankfest. Not that it's automatically a bad thing.. Usually I prefer abstract or symbolic stand ins.

>How do you feel about artists who draw themselves skinnier/cuter than they are in real life?
Usually narcisistic, but who gives a fuck?

Where uh.. ahem. Where can I find the uncensored version..?

You might have better luck asking on /wsr/

The nsfw section at her own site.

>Usually narcisistic, but who gives a fuck?
I guess, to be honest most artists are narcissistic as fuck.
Even ones who shit on themselves are usually doing it for attention.

OP just reminded me of that one former SU board artist who shipped himself with Pearl

Attached: based Luke Weber.jpg (739x1000, 185K)

I mean narcisisitic by comic creator standards. which gets WAY outhere.

Always go for something less attractive than yourself, it's better to have someone be pleasantly surprised by an artist who commits to a decent physical aesthetic outside of their own art.

Attached: Boooo-Weee-Oooo-oh -WEEEE-OOH.png (472x346, 327K)

I have a working theory that an artist's general quality will, in most cases, be the inverse of how they depict themselves.
Dobson shows himself as morally righteous and intelligent, but IRL he's an insufferable cunt and his comics are preachy garbage.
Ronnie Filyaw depicts himself as a fat weeb who likes to fart on his cats, but IRL he's chill and his comics are consistently pretty funny.

Attached: tomoyo314.png (900x1402, 120K)

unfunny shill for crunchyroll

that's not true, I draw myself like a big fat sexual predator and that's completely accuracte

That guy is still completely based, living the dream

So be like Ronnie then?

Attached: Blank+_6b59a5f9010f5525d30e28ad124c89fc.jpg (725x543, 120K)

>self insert x Pearl shit

Don't know why people freak out so much about this stuff. It's only really scary when extreme CWC level autists do it as they can't separate fiction from reality.

>Ronnie
>Draws himself a 5'0 sphere
>is a 6'4 friendly giant/sexual dynamo

You're spot on though, and it's been long recognized on Sup Forums.

>Aaron Diaz
>Draws himself a fit, but nerd guy
>balding, likely average body.

>Zach Weinersmith
>draws himself as a naked, red headed, hairy jew
>actually is that, but with a worse beard.
>probably a decent guy

>C. Cassandra
>draws herself as cute, 'adorkable'
>is pretty good looking
>awful comics

>Adam Ellis
>Draws himself and is an attractive dude
>awful

where does katie from awkward zombie fit on this spectrum

Isn't there more, including a part where Rebecca and Ian JQ (his coworkers!) say yes to their "daughter" marrying him

Pretty much. I grew out of the Oatmeal a few years ago, but the guy keeps himself in shape. Hell, lack of sleep and ADHD has made me lose about 15 pounds thanks to late nights doing rideshare to buy a Cintiq Pro.

Is there anyone who looks average and draws himself average

If you draw yourself often enough to need an avatar you're doing everything wrong.

I waited for this day co

Attached: 1517716345730m.jpg (587x1024, 94K)

Abbadon vaguely resembles Moot, if that's close enough to 'average.'

Attached: Abbadon contemplating the layout of his next where's waldo page spread.png (308x308, 74K)

>Katie Tiedrich
>Draws herself like a skinny, sleep-deprived nerd, 5/10
>is a skinny, sleep-deprived nerd, 5/10
>comics always good for a giggle
She's ok by me

Attached: katie tiedrich.jpg (900x600, 94K)

Yep.

Attached: 0EC36523-34BE-429C-A397-F85F405759C0.jpg (695x900, 207K)

eh, I like fat cunt

See Also
>Kelly Turnbull/Coelasquid
>draws herself like a biker lesbian
>looks like a biker lesbian
>Sup Forums, /fit/, Sup Forums as fuck

Attached: turnbull.jpg (775x600, 124K)

guru larry seems pretty accurate, pug nose and fat

Attached: 95A1F691-34F2-466B-A787-9DC990FD32E7.jpg (695x900, 224K)

Attached: dobson1.jpg (1200x899, 168K)

Adam Ellis stopped being horrible after he left buzzfeed tho

Has he, though?

Attached: adam ellis sameface.jpg (320x343, 36K)

This is so creepy. Why would you put this on the Internet. This is something you keep in a secret sketchbook with a lock on it.

Attached: 1418247332511.gif (500x532, 904K)

Yeah, now he is drawing the characters in different angles and facial expressions in each panel instead of ctrl+c everything like used to do before.

Attached: adam ellis wae.jpg (1024x1280, 296K)

Attached: sara hitler.webm (982x554, 2.82M)

Danang me, who'da thunk it?

Attached: tim buckley.jpg (281x500, 111K)

He only boarded a single episode early in the first season. Apparently that was too much

never thought I'd actually laugh at an adam ellis comic, even if it was a light one.

Her comics would be ok if she stopped making disgusting jokes about periods.

Attached: sarah butt.png (1567x2367, 349K)

Has Bikecuck ever showed his real face before?

Attached: shen.jpg (512x512, 55K)

The Penny Arcade people were a shock to me when I saw what they looked like IRlLfor the first time.

Larry is not that different from his real self tho

>likely average body.
Diaz is straight up skinnyfat.

Yeah I agree I just wanted to post it

Attached: shadmutt.jpg (960x540, 51K)

>Take it ez babe

Literally the same definition and root word you faggot

One of the rare cases where the avatar and IRL versions are cute in different ways

i've always thought of a similar concept with women talking about their age. like, they'd prefer u thought they were younger - not just that they LOOKED younger, but that they WERE younger

i have no idea why women, when given a choice, would rather look terrible for their age - why they would rather be grody aunt than hot granny

He's been at conventions

Actually he did freelance storyboard revisions on a few early eps, and he actually boarded only a single scene on the one ep he *was* a boarder on

>he actually boarded only a single scene on the one ep he *was* a boarder on
Which scene, user? Source?

>Nobody posted him yet

Attached: 14323525.jpg (723x705, 103K)

he is here

Oh, please, girls do that on their tumblrs all day every day. The only difference is that a dude did it.

Holy shit, didn't notice. God, he looks vaguely Arabic or black

are you talking about moomins?

But not a giant fat neckbeard, which probably makes the winslowposters even more mad
(I say this as someone who doesn't really think his art is any good)

That pic is old tho, Shadman is jacked now

Attached: shadman7.jpg (641x960, 54K)

lol are you the op that whined for several posts about you not being a free-art begging spammer?

Bum Tickley?

He is, listen to the Sleepycast episode with him on it. Season 2, Episode 25-26 if I remember.

I LOVED him when he did anime OPs and only that but the more he branches out the less I like him. He holds his opinion to way too high a regard and he seems so patronizing. He's just a clickbaity asshole now.

not him just a cosplayer

Read 2D animation as 2Damnation.

Not the same definition at all you unread tard.

Better not to do it at all.