How many issues should you give a comic before you give up on it and drop it?

How many issues should you give a comic before you give up on it and drop it?

Attached: xred.jpg (360x553, 52K)

Four.

The typical rule is 3.

I don't set hard limits. Depends entirely on why it is bad and previous emotional investment.

Depends on the comic. Capeshit, you should probably know by two issues max. One trade's worth is consistently more than enough for almost anyone to figure out.

Usually 4 or 5

If Marvel: 1

If X-Men: 0

She looks like Starfire.

3 but if I really want to give it a chance I wait until after the first story arc.

too many clothes

Waiting to see how they treat Gambit. If poorly I'm dropping it.

You mean a fire redhead looks like a fire redhead? NO KIDDING!

100 pages user.
If you can't hook me in 100 pages then your shit, your waifu a shit and I'm out.

Any more of this shit and imma drop it like it's hot

Attached: dontrecyclegarbage.jpg (309x650, 51K)

Was it worth it bringing Jean back?

Im willing to give a book a chance to iron out some kinks, but from the first issue I read there should be some sense of what the book wants to be. Which is a big problem these days because it often takes a book 5 issues just to establish a premise.

It seems really odd how they handled. It was pretty much - oh look, the Phoenix has resurrected Jean; she's rejected the Phoenix; here Jean lead a team of X-Men.

>Depends entirely on why it is bad and previous emotional investment.
THIS.

I gave the other X-Books a single issue and dropped them with the single exception being All-New Wolverine. This books by the same author and has the two main characters as part of the cast so Imma stick with the first arc and see if it's going to be some level of tolerable.

Also of note: they're shuffling editors yet again ( Star Wars guy is now X-Guy and vice versa ).

Attached: musical deck chairs.jpg (514x507, 35K)

One. If they can't hook you with the first goddamn issue it's not going to get any better.

>Any more of this shit and imma drop it like it's hot
Why? Is it false what's said on that panel?

>Why? Is it false what's said on that panel?
Implying that that was the panel that actually triggered him.

Attached: first things first.jpg (403x731, 54K)

If I am expected to pay money for it, I will only give it one issue to catch my interest.

Taylor's an aussie faggot who spends an inordinate amount of time crying about his lefty politics so of course he can't stop from inserting shit into his work.

And the new X-Men editor is a huge hipster SJW fat fuck who is personally responsible for the cancerous tumor Heather Antos getting work at Marvel, all because he met her at a convention and traded sex for a job in editorial, even though she was an incompetent fuck who did a horrible job and spent all of her days shitting on the company's customers while getting fat on milkshakes

Gambit and Rogue mini is great.

It's an overly simplistic aggregation of data used to push divisive agenda

All-New Wolverine hasn't suffered so obviously as yet.

yeah, some I have dropped 3 pages in, other I wait for the story arc to finish. But my general rule is 2. I have X-men Red that, so I'm done

Drop it if the first one sucks. Trade wait if it was alright but you are on a budget. Otherwise, drop it if you run into three shitty issues in a row.

The one and only thing a floppie need to do is get you hooked for the next issue.

Attached: 1442987500653.jpg (250x233, 7K)

until i lose interest

I usually go with 3, unless the first issue was truly heinous.

1 issue. No writer or company deserves you continuing to buy a book if you didn't have a good experience. I love Wolverine and Old Man Logan had been an OK series but I just read the latest issue and immediately emailed my LCS to ask them to drop it. I knew that the next time I picked up my books and saw it in my pile I wasn't going to be excited to read it. That's when I know it's time. $3.99 is too much to pay for a subpar 15-20 min of entertainment, user.

>buy
why are you buying books you just want to sample?

It's easier to just grab the first issue because if you wait it out a few months and just pirate, those first few copies are gonna be hard to track down if you do end up liking it.

never had a problem with that. Or you can just get the trade for the first arc and pick up floppies for the later stuff if you need them.

you are throwing a lot of money away

at least the first ten issues

What does that X-Men Red have anything to do with Rogue and Gambit? Were you dropped?

It's a willful misinterpretation of data.