Jerkass characters

These often become the most popular/breakout characters of a show. What would you say is the appeal?

Attached: literally-me-2bh.png (900x600, 323K)

being devilish is fun

Attached: 38176-3.jpg (595x480, 105K)

People who can't do shit irl often love rebelious jerks.

could you stop posting people with no arms all over Sup Forums. jesus, you are weird

Attached: rudecade.png (352x387, 219K)

I always rooted for the bad guy in my 80s toy cartoons. I just find them more fun, and it seemed to me they were the ones driving the story forward while the heroes just reacted in an attempt to maintain the status quo.

So as I got older I also found myself drawn to jerkass good guys and arrogant wisecracking types. It's just preference, it doesn't need to be any deeper than that as far as I'm cornerned. But it seems these types have fallen out of vogue of late. You can see it very obviously in the attitude and rhetoric around here. Folks are craving something more moral, upright and earnest and characters like Rick or Bender or Bart or Duckman just make them all sorts of uncomfortable, like they represent all the mean bullies of the world that were allowed to "get away with it." Whatever the fuck 'it' is. Or maybe not, like I said I'm not that deep.

Attached: 1504062507908.jpg (1280x720, 578K)

Post more jerkass toons.

Attached: bender-futurama.jpg (650x408, 83K)

I wonder if Bugs would actually be the better example here.

Attached: Daffy.jpg (797x719, 92K)

Attached: 1508041115443.gif (500x332, 494K)

cartman used to be good, nu-cartman is fucking trash

Attached: Lucy_van_Pelt.png (220x205, 30K)

Attached: House.jpg (480x360, 15K)

best character

Attached: 1420081947709.jpg (1920x1685, 1.55M)

Humor.

Escapism.

it's just that these jerkass characters were so contrarian they went full circle and became the new normie, now Sup Forums hates them

He may just be straight-up Norm Macdonald but he always steals the show

Attached: pigeon.png (638x398, 211K)

Fans like to delude themselves into believing these intelligent and unconventional people would not act like assholes towards *them*

Of course they're interesting and entertaining to watch, but interacting with them irl would be a fucking nightmare

Attached: animation_futurama_bender-tommygun.gif (320x240, 68K)

I can't explain why but I have a revolting hate for Daffy yet I love Bugs, even when I acknowledge that Bugs is an annoying moron in many of his characterizations.

Attached: 138795328221.png (533x399, 393K)

How can one man be so wrong? All kids cartoons have gotten so saccharine to the point where it's disgusting. Look at the distaste for shows like Steven Universe and We Bare Bears. Then compare it to the people clamoring for shit like Villainous. Nice is out and naughty is in right now. Adventure Time ended the light edge of the 2000s and 2018 is showing that people want that edge back.

Damn. I used similiar pose and hairstyle on my school photo.

>nu-cartman

Who?

Attached: knock_knock_woody.jpg (320x238, 23K)

They get the best lines and best plots.

You'd never see some boyscout Fred Jones have a story where he's trying to bankrupt a time travelling cartel of insect people and succeed, or a plotline where they overcompensate a prank pulled by the popular kids and reenact the SAW movies with people actually dying.

You'd never have them say lines like "He's wearing babies as armour, it only means he's bullet proof if you're a pussy!" or "I used to earn an income by handing out backalley abortions after my boxing career went into the shitter after that incident with my ex, you better enjoy that foetus shaped punching bag I bought for your birthday!"

The fact Cartman and Rick Sanchez and Stewie can do so is why they are popular.

Every character voiced by Norm is overall just Norm.