Weekend Sup Forums creation thread

Or /coc/ thread if that's what you look for in the catalog.

Wiki:
the-conservatory.wikia.com/wiki/The_Sup Forumsnservatory_Wiki

Last weekend's thread:
desuarchive.org/co/thread/99286765/

Attached: 1521390920062.jpg (1200x1231, 151K)

Other urls found in this thread:

the-conservatory.wikia.com/wiki/Delta
mediafire.com/file/4s9atrnwtxxw5t8/ladybug.swf
pastebin.com/rDCm2CQc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Last time:

-Trine discussion
-GG script development and figuring out the SoS members
-New pics
-Progress on a Bees Knees script
-Blang's space pirate admirals and their day-to-day life
-Other stuff I didn't mention

Attached: 1521380572002.png (794x791, 203K)

That's a nice thread image. What's her deal?

Why don't we talk about this guy when he's obvious gaining more and more ground in the catalog?

the-conservatory.wikia.com/wiki/Delta

Attached: 1393030982994.png (600x400, 32K)

I've had my eye on these threads for a little bit, wanted to post stuff in them for a bit but haven't for a couple of reasons.
How's posting stuff in these threads work? Is there any etiquette for making new characters?
Been too nervous to really even touch into these.

It's funny because he became president in the Evilverse before the elder gods invaded that dimension.
Or maybe that was the Mirrorverse? Either way, there was a plot a long, LONG (like 2008/9) time ago where he became president and killed Jetpack Viking. A ripoff of Lex killing the Flash, but still.

I think it was the Evilverse anyway since that's what turned the Justice Sup Forumsmrades in the Justice Sup Forumsnquerors and that's what Evilette calls her forces sometimes.

From all the years I've been in these threads, things live and die with drawfag attention. There's no etiquette for making new characters, you're free to pitch whatever and if you're lucky someone else will like it and it'll snowball from there entering the thread's collective memory to be repeated later where drawings and more progress might happen.

I've pitched dozens of ideas that never caught on and maybe 3 that have.

In regards to pitching, I've mostly been nervous that people would hate my art.
Will try to do something for this thread later today, been intending to so for weeks now, but always talk myself out of it.

Been thinking about these two a bit. It occurred to me that they could be much more integral to the backstory of the Machine Cult than they first seem. You have a Technopath who can essentially translate thought into programming and the reverse, twinned with a Telepath who can read and transmit thoughts. Between the two of them, you have the perfect framework for an interface between machine and man.

I think it would make for a very interesting dynamic if, basically, modern cybernetic prosthetics are owed largely to their existence. The Machine Cult used them as a template for creating the technology that enables their mechanical augmentations. As a result, the prosthetics aren't just metal strapped or bolted onto flesh, they're like a part of the user's body. They can feel the metal like it's their own skin, and the machine functions as an extension of their body rather than a tool they're using.

It gives an nice spin to why the Machine Cult had such a following. Just having Mu and Phi gave them a huge edge, creating cybernetics that felt like an improvement over natural counterparts, rather than just an attempt at recreating functions lost to the impaired.

Also, stop me if this seems too far, I was thinking their heads are detachable. They have automated life support systems built into their organic bodies to keep them alive when not in use, and systems in their neck augments to keep their heads alive for several hours if not attached. Their "armor" is actually entirely prosthetic bodies, which they can just plug their heads into.

Attached: MuPhi.png (1600x1200, 455K)

Do it.
You won't know until you do and you have nothing to lose here by posting it on this anonymous Vietnamese basket weaving website.

Plus we really could use a subject change from the past couple of weeks. While I don't mind Golden Girl content, I do want to talk about something else for a while.

Keep in mind that the Machine Cult has been around for a long time, since before WWII. They were the ones pulling some big strings behind the Cold War of the 20th.

Mu and Phi could be responsible for the more sophisticated developments and even paved the way for full body replacements via technology, but the Machine Cult has been doing some crazy shit decades ahead of the curve.
Recluse got her prosthetic limbs from the cult in the 1960s or earlier.
Carver Medical (using Professor Manticore's notes) lead a medical revolution in the 1980s that eventually lead to them also developing prosthetic technology, but that didn't bare confirmed fruit until after the turn of the millennium when Liberty Lass needed a new arm.

I'd say Mu and Phi could be the forerunners for developing nanotech, but that's only if the cult hijacks them away from Thunder.
Or are you thinking they are just pretending to be Thunder's loyal enforcers while they are actually already under the cult's control?

Well you don't know until you try. This is a collaborative place, so even if people don't like your art (which I doubt), you'll get way more constructive criticism then actual hate, at least from the people who genuinely care about the thread and aren't just passing through.

If you've been eyeing the thread, are there particular projects that you're interested in contributing to? That would be a good place to start.

Attached: 1521420110111-1.png (1557x2600, 435K)

Damn, who drew that OP pic? Fucking incredible.

No clue what this thread is even about but that pic/costume is super slick.

literal chesticles, i like it

Magi drew it. Character is Delta, a shapeshifter.

Thread is about making up comic ideas you think are cool with OCs and seeing if other anons also think your ideas are cool.
It's mostly dominated by OCs already made on Sup Forums, but new ones pop up pretty frequently.

Admittedly, while I have been following these threads for a bit I'm not the sort of person who decides on things before they do them.
Mainly my interest lies in character design and drawing them, while also detailing them as I like in terms of characterization and such.
So I'd say the closest thing to having my eye on something has been the demon stuff, potentially the space-y shit. I know that's incredibly vague, and I am sorry for that.
So I feel I should do quite a bit of research on either of those to narrow down what I wanna do, and then contribute a bit.

I'm basically wanting Indra, Mu, and Phi to have been a lot more involved in the Cult's activities during the early 2000s, with Mu and Phi as his leash. During the era where the cult is believed to have been destroyed, Indra would have been the prophet's elected hand. He considers himself an independent, but he's got the grim reminder of the cult's control over Mu and Phi's bodies to keep him loyal and in check.

While the cult was operating underground, the Livewires were being used by the Prophet as a recruitment front, with the advances in technology fostered by the twins as the hook. Indra stews with resentment over the fact as the prophet skims the ranks of his gang for those who would be loyal to the cult. Much of Indra's motivations and end goals are him attempting to outmaneuver the prophet and get out from under his thumb.

Pre-Twins era prosthetics are wholly mechanical, everything about them just metal and circuits imitating life. The new, cutting edge prosthetics being produced by the cult are connected straight to your mind. You don't feel the stump of your arm pressed up against a mechanical limb, you feel your new arm. This is the next level advancement that the cult is rebuilding itself with, how it's drawing in new blood after Mantis' raid devastated them.

The whole thing is mostly to tie down Indra's motives and drive, and give some more distinguishing features to the cult's tech.

The Demon Realm stuff has a lot of room to fit things in. You've got 12 primary factions to pick from and endless space between them.

Attached: Demons.jpg (2400x2400, 3.81M)

I like it. It does add another layer to Indra's character.

So are you still in the process of figuring out the plot of the story you want to tell, or are you working out the finer details now?

out of curiosity, has anyone ever made any animated stuff for /coc/? like short snippets?

Some exist.

Attached: 1370743315314.gif (600x400, 42K)

neat, I know a guy I can rope into doing some stuff here

Not a lot, but some.

Attached: co 1443859468725.gif (480x270, 54K)

I think people are just genuinely curious what kind/style of art you have. I wouldn't worry about offending anyone. New ideas are welcome. Maybe that blang dynasty stuff or the demon realm. Just pick a character there from the wiki and go wild. Or create your own in the universe (adversaries are welcome).

There are a lot of pieces to fit together. I'm not sure what exactly I want to do with Jhonny Volt, for instance, or how to organically slot him in.

He's a thief and info broker, but the question comes up of how exactly Motion catches onto him to enable the situation where he gets his powers. Why he was doing everything in person in such a way as to get chased, etc. I think his tie in might be Indra utilizing him as a non-cult, non-Livewire asset to attempt the circumvent the Prophet, but it hasn't quite clicked what Indra is wanting him to steal.

I'm also somewhat split on Indra's character and how he's using his gang. There's some pull towards the idea of him trying to be something of a rights activist for augmented humans, with there being public backlash from the Cult's activities that has fostered elements of distrust and fear regarding augmented humans. There are most likely some legal restrictions on certain augment classifications, and Indra sees it as something of a hypocrisy that augmentation is so much more thoroughly restricted and feared when there's a flying city with people capable of destroying buildings that gets fanmail on the regular. Of course, there's even more bitterness from Indra on that subject because he knows he and his people are being used for exactly the sort of thing that anti-augment people are afraid of.

The problem with wanting to use Indra for a heroic role is it severely limits how he can be used as a villain. For instance, he's certainly not viable for being the one who killed Kaito if he wants to be seen in any sort of positive light. I'm thinking he's something of a radical activist, where he's militarizing his gang to project a public image of them as a defense force, where they're taking down Pompey and other gangs, but the nature of his actions has him classified as a supervillain and it's a bit suspicious how he's taking over all these criminal supply lines and territories.

Just to clarify here, by adversaries you mean antagonists and such for any given group or character in the universe. Yeah?
I'm a fan of villains, so that interests me.

Always wanted to try to animate some Audrey
No simple enough ideas though

I'm guessing audrey getting titfucked?

A run cycle seems relatively simple.

Wasn't Pompey the one who killed both Kaito and Thunderstuck though? Six Feet Thunder would target both Pompey and Indra regardless since they created the conflict in the first place.

As for Mr. Volt, he was a small time thief before Motion knocked him into that vat of chemicals. The difference between him and the Joker is he's actually thankful to Motion for doing it since it got him sweet superpowers.

Him working for Indra would work, maybe he was sent to steal from the facility as part of one of Indra's greater scope plans, like undermining the authority of Clockwork Prophet's appointed personnel so Indra could instate his own at the various facilities that seems to be located all over Chicago.

As for Indra's political sphere, why not making him a hypocrite? He can be doing things that go against his causes to further his causes later or lay the ground work for someone else to pick up the reins if things don't go as planned.

Attached: Motion03.png (850x1169, 528K)

Both good things, definitely things that are high-energy is what I want
I'll scribble around and see what I can come up with

Yeah, I meant antagonists. Point being that some antagonists or adversaries to the main characters of the setting would be "heroes" because the main characters are villains.

Just do a simple walk or run cycle first. Get the boob physics motion right and I'll be super impressed.

The current take on Volt was that he and Rime were both affected by the same blast, caused by the destruction of another kinetic reactor engine that had been created to try and mimic the one that had been destroyed at Yamada Industries, the one that gave Motion her powers. The people Rime work for, an as-of-yet unnamed group that was formed from the remnants of Apotheosis Labs, the people who created Stretcherous and Blackstrap, had gotten some intel about the operations of the reactor and were trying to recreate it.

What I'm thinking is that Indra is basically doublecrossing himself. The Prophet wants the kinetic reactor engine, and had Indra provide the information needed to have the unnamed group try to create it. For whatever reason, Indra is having Volt steal something from them, be it information or an actual physical object, hopefully without the Prophet finding out. Somehow Motion gets involved and it causes the destruction of the reactor, giving Volt and Rime their powers. They have the same general ability as Motion, storing energy and redirecting it, just in different forms. Additionally, Rime's powers didn't quite develop correctly, so she's unable to discharge stored energy like Motion and Volt can.

This further on baits the hook for Rime's motivations, giving her not just Motion and her former employers to hate, but Volt and ultimately Indra as well.

I'm thinking Indra might have a sock puppet, or might be his own sock puppet. There's some belief that MLK mostly succeeded in his peaceful protests because of the threat of Malcolm X's not-so-peaceful ideology. Similarly, there's potential to use Indra twice over. To make him MLK in person and Malcolm X in armor. He could be simultaneously campaigning as a seemingly legitimate civil rights activist while also being the leader of a militant counterculture trying to take their rights by force.

It makes Indra a very complicated character to work with to figure out what option would be best.

That's close to what I was thinking when I suggested he be a hypocrite.

How much of Indra's personal struggles would be viable to be revealed with Motion as the main character though? That, I think, is the tricky part. You really have to think about who the end game enemy for Motion is in the gang wars saga. Is it Indra and Pompey, or is it Clockwork Prophet?

It might be easier to take smaller steps and work in these details where they would fit in the story than trying to reveal everything all at once.
You could always give Indra some flashbacks at pivotal moments from his youth where he, Mu and Phi were destitute and had to take what they could get, even if it was coming from a place they knew to be evil and untrustworthy. A bit like orphans being taken in by Cobra Command despite knowing they're evil, but it beats the alternative.
But just because someone is a victim does not justify all actions they have taken throughout their lives. People are way more complex than that.

These. Do a run cycle. Basics but with energy. And a good base for other kinds of animations.

There was a terrible flash animation of Ladybug once upon a time.

i'm curious, anyone have it?

I have it. I can't post it on Sup Forums since it's flash and i wouldn't make a thread on /f/ just to post it. I'm pretty sure it's on one of bug's sites somewhere.

It's not bad. It's just pixel art.

Wasn't there also a pixel animation of GG? Like a standing pose akin to a fighting game.

Yeah, but I don't think it was animated. I know there are several of Lovely Ladybug that are animated though.

That already exists, and yeah, it's animated. I found that while looking for the pixel thing.

You can find that yourself if you want it by searching the booru.

Attached: tumblr_nmdbltHyME1tk9puho1_250.gif (225x225, 55K)

mediafire.com/file/4s9atrnwtxxw5t8/ladybug.swf

Attached: 8bitbug.png (379x400, 18K)

Hey guys, been awhile. Trying something different, would like an opinion on how it looks so far. Promised to post he I had at least two pages. Gonna work on art some more.

pastebin.com/rDCm2CQc

Oh, you've condensed it a lot. That's good. Gets to the important parts faster.

Also, Bankman isn't on the wiki because he has ZERO development or discussion to him.
He has three pics and that's it. All of them came from the drawthreads.

Attached: Bankman 1.png (687x930, 138K)

>Also, Bankman isn't on the wiki because he has ZERO development or discussion to him.
It's mostly to remind me that there isn't one

>Oh, you've condensed it a lot. That's good. Gets to the important parts faster.
Yeah, I've been looking up some things. I think one of the threads that were bitching about Sup Forums not making shit introduced me to the bible making, so I'm working on one for RR, hopefully I'll be able to make something with less bloat.

I guess this is a good place as any to ask: The main thing I want done is o have RR save the day in this issue. What do you guys think would make a good first villain?

I swear the GG pixel art was animated.

Nope.

Attached: 1447024726765.png (282x317, 4K)

her chest seems too small

It has swelled over time.

Yeah, it was created relatively early on.

At this point this 10 year old's chest probably represents more mass than Ladybug's entire body.

ah gotcha, I guess i've gotten too used to the chesticles tier GG from more recent art of her

Huh. I guess not.

Maybe a bit bigger would be better.

>10 year old.
Wow. That's the youngest I've ever seen anyone claim they thought GG was. Super wrong on that one user.

Actually, she's like 14 or so. She's just REALLY short.

That said, I would like see some art with her and Ladybug at some point.

I think she's 18.

Are we really going to have this discussion?

Well that all depends on how quickly he's getting his powers.

I'd love to see him awaken his powers and just run around town PISSED AS FUCK screaming at people.

"YOU STUPID ASS MOTHERFUCKER, GET THE FUCK UP GODDAMN YOU!"
As he speeds into traffic and saves someone who was stuck in the middle of the road.

"PISS SHIT ASS, YOU LIMP DICKED IDIOT, WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?!"
As he punches a would be robber with a gun in the face preventing him from shooting a store clerk.

'WRRAAGHGHFFFFFUGH!"
As he runs through an entire burning building saving everyone inside.

Not that user, but Golden Girl begins with her being a freshmen in highschool. 14 year olds are freshmen.

If we ever get the ball rolling, then she would age; when she's 17 or so, that's when the time travel plot happens where she meets her future self.

From 18 to 25 is around when she changes costume and becomes Bullion to investigate the code.

Somewhere beyond 25 and after college she inherits the bracers from Silver Queen and becomes Golden Guardian.

As long as we're doing pixel art.

Attached: 871e5dfc5fa95bcb7401e9c4ed58961e34916b7c.png (431x479, 9K)

While that proposal makes some sense in terms of pure chronology, I think it would be better to just say she's in high school as Golden Girl and leave it at that. You avoid many problems if you do this.

Why even bring up age? She lives in amorphous comic time anyways. Aside from general age ranges (high school, young adult, adult, etc.), it's not like her being a specific age is a plot point of any significance.

I didn't bring up age, that other user did.

Attached: 1454961968666.gif (192x192, 22K)

I'm not blaming you. It's that this issue is always divisive.

Nice.

Well I think I'll go through the GG scripts in the pastebin and come up with some descriptions for them.

I want to get this housekeeping out of the way so as to maybe focus on another script attempt. Either:

1) GG/SQ ambushed by JE at the ancient Chinese art exhibit opening gala.
or
2) SQ and Great Glory's WWII adventure where they liberate a town and rescue Olympian from Nazi researchers.

I'd go with Jade Empress at the docks. I'd need to find the notes for that before trying to come up with a proper script.

Well that wasn't option 1 or 2, but also a good idea to start with.

I actually wrote one of the short concepts for their docks encounter from somewhere in the last few threads. Let me see if I can find it.

My thought was that the docks scenario could proceed the art gallery escapade, because the shipping crates from the docks that JE + golems are moving/storing in a warehouse could contain a small portion of the chinese historical art (or something else) that JE is moving into the city to set her trap for SQ.

not art gallery.

Art museum.

I'm thinking in terms of Jade Empress' introductory script.
Because she still lacks that.

Fair. Do we want the docks scenario to be her intro script (as in GG's first encounter with JE)

I think that'd work better than the art gallery since GG would think it's just another criminal.

Art gallery, I think, Silver Queen would've briefed her on the most dangerous villain in town before knowing she was about to face off against her.

I suppose we need to set this up where JE has been out of town for a while, maybe several years, and this is also when SQ becomes aware she's back in town.

Well the idea was to do docks first and art museum chronologically after that, at least for GG/JE encounters.

Didn't think of that. I might do that. My goal was to have RR get his powers at page 11 at the most, so I could probably fit a good bit of that in. I think I originally wanted to end it on him stopping a robbery, something cliche like that.

That's classic Rage Racer, screaming profanities allasoneword while going Donald Duck on the bad guys as a red blur.

Attached: Bankman 2.png (900x1000, 399K)

His arch enemy is Captain Comunism or something?

Your guess is as good as mine.

He only has these three pics.

Attached: Bankman 3.png (900x400, 156K)

Slow thread.

Attached: 1373891878190.png (2000x1500, 101K)

Well... a bump for the night and maybe the thread will pick up tomorrow and not just die in the night.

Maybe it's laziness, but I took another look at the GG pastebin and decided the table of contents doesn't need descriptions. I guess if anyone else wants to do that they can, but I think it's fine as is. Makes you wonder a bit "what's this about?" and then scroll to it.

Alright, alright, alright. I had said way early on in this thread that I had wanted to try making a character for it, and here's my attempt. Not particularly good at art (and even then I've never posted my art on Sup Forums to begin with.), but I put a great deal of effort into it.

Haven't hammered the idea out completely, but the general idea is that she's a demon who had ended up defecting from her original faction out of disgust (not certain which one this would be), as well as outside influence that had steered her hand. Now, I haven't figured out if she has gone completely rogue or merely defected to another one of the 12 factions. (The colour on her face is intended to be some form of face paint.)

Either way, she ended up developing a form of armour she had dubbed the V.A.M.S (Variable Armour Modification System), a series of plate and defensive/utility attachments that she would slot into a very lightly armoured undersuit. She intended to use this to either go up against those she had defected from, or to see if she could sway their judgement as well.

Idea is basically still in the initial planning stages, but I've got a decent amount put into it, I feel.

Attached: Verzuu.png (344x559, 94K)

Attached: 3eb4e9ac90f7744b97d8e028060fa490008f492a.jpg (1000x1000, 196K)

That's really neat, user. Good on you.

So the under suit has clamps or slots for these plate armor pieces to fit into?

I had forgotten to include the version I drew the armour on top of, but the general gist is that those dark lines are supposed to be indented within the pieces they're attached to.
The armour slots into those, keeping themselves held in place by lips attached to the armour pieces themselves.

Attached: channels.png (293x564, 97K)

A bit like a chain lock on a door then.

Any magic armor pieces?

Will draw them later, but as I've got it now she has a few sets that she can mix and match, as well as some unrelated pieces.
Something like this.
>Heavy set (Pictured above): Can absorb any damage put into it to a point, effectively unbreakable for a short-ish period of time.
>Light set: Allows the user to perform more dexterous actions, however, cannot exceed the hard limitations of her own body. If she cuts someone with any piece of armour from this set, it fuctions as a poison.
>Medium: Functions solely as armour, no magical properties.
And then she has a number of attachments that she can apply to her bracers, like the shield in the picture. I haven't thought much on these, but have considered things like sword attachments. Though that seems cumbersome.

Shit user if that your drawing u got talent! more please

it was drawn by magi
magi is one of the artists that works on the Seasons Girls stuff in the thread.

and yeah he's pretty great and more would be awesome.

Here's an option. After the war against the Lonely King, all the other factions scrambled to get access to the color magic. In the middle of their squabbles, new demons began appearing from the tear between the worlds created to seal off the Lonely King's dimension from all the others. The name of the leader of these demons can't be pronounced, but when written down, it looks vaguely similar to "Hank", so we call him Hank. Hank went around tearing holes in between the realms for use as portals, and gathered a lot of followers from defectors of the demon factions, becoming a roving band of marauders. Eventually, the Crimson King married the Black Queen, a relative of Hank's, and they conspired to capture Hank, aided by the betrayal of one of Hank's own confederates, the Yellow Jester.

There's plenty of room in the roster for fleshing out Hank's marauders, and there might even be some of them yet wandering the Demon Realms.

How quickly can she swap out the pieces? Does she have a system for it? Does she store all the different pieces at a home base or lugs them all around with her?

She looks cute. Looking forward to more.

t-thanks!

I am still brainstorming some of the ideas on the seasons, mainly focusing on the Spring and Summer though.

Attached: doodle2018mar25_coc_weekend_verzuu.jpg (523x910, 59K)

>I am still brainstorming some of the ideas on the seasons
Cool. Can we see?

>I am still brainstorming some of the ideas on the seasons

Any hot takes on the bad guys?

Attached: MagicVillains.png (1600x1200, 1.23M)

Thank you, did not expect art. Especially so quickly.
She lugs around what she thinks she'll need at any given moment, which usually amounts to one full set of armour, a spare piece or two from another set and a couple of spares shields. Anything she doesn't lug around in a bag is left back at home, locked away to deter potential thieves.
That actually sounds pretty interesting, about how long ago did this take place along the timeline?

I feel like mentioning this because I am not sure if anyone has noticed, but Verzuu's name is intended to be a corruption of the word "Virtue"

So no magical bag of holding.

>about how long ago did this take place along the timeline
About 800 - 900 years ago.

Yeah, no magic bag. I mostly just like the image of her having to lug some massive bag around her back, just so that she can be sure she always has what she needs in easy reach.

I haven't drawn them yet, I was preoccupied with another concept. Although I mainly been thinking about expending the scene Spring with Moira Grimoire. Mainly find possible method to resolve Hex that were placed on Summer by Summer's witch.

Red Hunter killed previous Spring by ambushing her when she attempted to re-place the ward that had kept him sealed in side a large tree. Red have it out for any Springs ever since he got free. That's one of the reasons why Lily never had any competition when she ascended.

Spring and Moira works on ways to undo Summer Witch's Hex on Summer. The brainstormed comic will deal with these subjects.

I haven't thought anything on the other guys yet.

You are welcome, man.

Attached: doodle2018MAR25_coc_weekend_previous_spring_vs_red_huntsman.jpg (1200x710, 244K)

Huh, that art is really good. Is this a personal project for you?

Hey thanks!

Kinda, in the sense that I am not collaborating directly with someone to draw this comic vignette. Although they are still community developed characters, like a toybox. I have picked out these character from a certain point to work on a story I had in mind for them.

Although for some of these characters, the consensus on how they should be characterized has moved on from the point where I picked them out from.

Attached: doodle201AUG27_ladybug_crossover.jpg (754x1200, 188K)