Sup Forums vs. Reddit

Can someone redpill me on this infamous rivalry?

Go ask reddit and stay there faggot

Newfag here, for me it's censorship of dissenting thought.

They're faggots.

Reddit = ignorant left
Sup Forums = ignorant right

You shouldn't discuss anything but just hate everyone

>karma whoring
>virtue signaling
>censorship

Reddit is shit unless you go to specific interest related subreddits.

t. refugee

there's more censoring on reddit.

Reddit does what makes them popular

Sup Forums does what makes them right

i dare you to go there and say nigger or something like that and see what happens

One is anonymous
The other one isn't

Have you asked those faggots yet?
More to the point, have you ever been there? Libcuck Central Station m8.

back in the good days r/niggers was a thing

They steal memes and claim them as their own.

Reddits great for actual discussion. Chans are just breeding grounds for trolls and underage b&.

Reddit has adopted main stream culture in otder to mold it
If Reddit can get the up boats to swing right it will be huge.
They have been corrupted by it though
4 chan lurks in the shadows and influences the world through more subtle means.

Once again.

>4chin was keeper and creator of funny jokes and meme's.
>Faggittt: "omg 4chin u so funeh we steal ur jokez"
>4chin:Fuck you faggot.
>Faggittt: omg y u no lyk we b friendz?
>4chin: Suck a dick and fuck off faggot.
>Faggitt: Le ebin may may friend!

That and faggittt is more of an echo chamber with the whole up boat system. the layout is terrible, ugly format and cancerous plebs.
And will continue to the end of time.

nobody replying to this thread even knows why. they all came here from facebook and twitter. Sup Forums is the redditest board on Sup Forums.

/thread

Also they're cunts.

9gag>reddit>Funnyjunk>Sup Forums

There's no rivalry. Sup Forums is where redditors now come to bitch about reddit, though.

reddit = Sup Forums for normies

This. Namefags are scoffed at bc we are a collective anonymous. Also there USED to be a rule that people actually followed which was lurk more. It kept a lot of newfags from posting stupid shit, where as on leddit, it's all stupid shit

Fuck off nigger, we're full.

reddit = stupid cucks pretending to be smart circle jerking
Sup Forums = smart people pretending to be stupid making america great again

reddit
>holier than thou attitude
>extreme censorship
>karma whoring
>retarded up voting down voting system
>echochamber
>dissenting opinions sometimes get deleted and hidden

I mean Sup Forums is a pretty shit place too, but I'd take it over Reddit in heartbeat, Atleast on Sup Forums you got free speech. Even if you do say something unpopular, the worst thing that'll happen Is that you'll be called a faggot or nigger and that's just part of board culture

Sup Forums would be equally shit if it had a /all/ page or a shared frontpage.

Imagine if everything you posted on Sup Forums was rated by other peers on how much they agreed with it in a rating system that showed up forever on your profile.

If you can't imagine your overall score would be negative, you don't belong on Sup Forums.

>unless you go to specific interest related subreddits.
Go back

>Reddit is shit unless you go to specific interest related subreddits.
This.
Some subreddits are fucking god tier. If I had to find something ,information,link or PDF subreddits been a big help form me. But for just discussion in general Sup Forums is far superior.

what rivalry? we're best pals. reddit bros ww@?

There's this belief that Reddit has been stealing Sup Forums's shit as far back as Sup Forums memes like ragecomics. While it's true to an extent, what most posters refused to acknowledge was that a lot of our own users were just sharing it directly to Reddit, as opposed to refugees from there finding their way to our threads. Even with all the anti-Reddit culture, a lot of Sup Forums-tards, Sup Forumsirgins, robots, etc. started going to Reddit and dumping all their Sup Forums shit on the less intelligent masses.

Now we're all homogenized. The only difference between a post here and a post there is that you attack posts here and upvote them there.

Registering permanent identity accounts to accrue social approval points.
Sounds great, you should go there instead. I'll meet you in a sec, better hurry.

>Upvotes and downvotes
>Shadowban
>Reputation making your opinions more noticeable than others

I went at some point and made an account (I think it was back when Trent did AMA on The Slip), above all things listed I found it difficult to use the layout did not bother again.

At least here your shitpost is visible to others unless they've filtered you.

wew lad

Its just a successor to digg with libtard views. Edgy 14 year olds on Sup Forums have a secret club mentality and get autistic over it. It has some okay small communities but the popular ones are 9gag tier

/trash/ is pretty front page of Sup Forums shit,

Reddit is plagued by echo-chambers. Sup Forums is not. Anonymous nature also facilitates more honest discussions at a cost of trolls and assholes utilising it for their own goals.

fuck off with pretending you're intellectual, we know users here were reposting shit to reddit. That's because they CAME from reddit and felt the need to repost the content from the chans over there.

Sup Forums is leaking so fucking hard right now that when we started talking about initial D in Sup Forums ball threads the entire NORMIE INTERNET started spamming GAS GAS GAS.

Correct and Checked

Reddit is a hivemind which hides the dissent through a system of downvotes.

Sup Forums is a hivemind where the dissent will get you a ton of (you).

So Sup Forums spends all day defending piracy but gets butt hurt over memes being posted elsewhere? What a bunch of dorks

Sup Forums -> right-wing dorks
Reddit -> left-wing dorks

user v non-user

this is the real origin of the rivalry. Ironically Sup Forums was a lot like like Reddit before the feud started.

>virtue signaling

fucking this and fuck reddit for that simple reason

also
>acting smart

>Sup Forums
>right

They tried making Sup Forums for normies.

Reddit is where dumb people try to act smart.
Sup Forums is where smart people try to act dumb.

Reddit: A place where you think a lot of what other people will think and not what you think (All bout them upvotes).

Or actually:
Sup Forums -> right-wing NEETs
Reddit -> left-wing NEETs

i came to Sup Forums from something awful and have an 8 year old reddit account.

everyone in this thread shit talking reddit is too young to even know why it sucks, they are just repeating shit and it's embarrassing.

everyone saying 'oh they're libcucks and fags lol they just wannan be popular" is not aware of anything but the front page or default subreddits.

i admit that reddit sucks overall, just like Sup Forums, but srsly guys there used to be great subreddits like fatpeoplehate, niggers, jailbait that all got banned when the site blew up.. but there are still lots of individual, specific reddits that don't have women and children on them that are decent. if you have an interest that isn't gay, like guns or cars or computers, there are subreddits full of likeminded people there.

reddit is a place to talk about specific hobbies and interests, not to argue with people. if you want help fixing your laptop go to r/laptops etc

there are a shitload of older, gainfully employed people on reddit

Remember times when 9gag was filtered?

>Reddit is shit unless you go to specific interest related subreddits.
This is pretty true... I only use it to talk shit with fellow Dolphins fans.

Than why are you here tooth paste?

they blame us for all their shit!!!

>i admit that reddit sucks overall, just like Sup Forums,
le centrist man :^)

>actual discussion
>unless you have an opinion thats not like mine
>then we ban you from all threads forever.
Those Sup Forums people are just fascist.

>All bout them upvotes
for dem programs

at Plebbit they clamp down on anything that doesn't go with the flow of whatever sub-plebbit you're attempting to chat in.
The same can be said for here as well but with a major difference; the odds of being banned for having a different opinion here on 4chins is almost ZERO as mods aren't totally biased cunts unlike plebbit.
The only penalty is that you'll get labeled a shill, called a faggot or simply told to fuck off.

Plebbit will get you banned if you question any particular sub-plebbits mindset.

>talk shit about no-mans-sky after the initiail few days of release = suspension / banned (at the time)
>talk about white persecution in south africa in any political sub = suspension / banned.
>call someone a name = suspension / banned

I was a plebbittor for a couple of years until they went full SJW White Knight Mode and had a couple of accounts banned for basically nothing.

I gave up and came here just over a year ago a couple months after Trump announced his candidacy. The overall freedom to talk about whatever shit here is immense yet somehow still semi-regulated.

I honestly don't know how the mods and janitors filter out this place but they have my thanks and plebbit can suck a horses cock.

Nope, Reddit is terrible for discussion. Only opinions that get agreed with the most (leftism) are at the top, whereas opposing opinions get downvoted and aren't seen or responded to.

Reddit and others are result of Sup Forums's fart.

>echo chambers

Sup Forums --- trump, cuck, redpill
Sup Forums --- grimes
Sup Forums --- install gentoo, wincuck, macfag

i could go on and on. you're so obviously new it's sick. reading all these fake oldfag posts makes me want to defend reddit, you're the same underage facebook normies that ruined reddit, Sup Forums and the whole fucking internet quit pretending you know what the fuck you're talking about

Anything that fits majority opinion is upvoted and reinforced. Minority opinions are silenced. Though what constitutes majority and minority depends on the board / subreddit.

>1 post by this ID
Don't reply to shit retarded shit. Sage.

Sup Forums is ruined by cunts like you.

Fuck off back there we're full

All the default subreddits got hijacked by censor-happy leftists who ban you for having the wrong train of thought.

Even r/polandball is cucked

That sums up leftist debating well.

this upvoting stuff WAS good at stack, that and marked question.

This stuff goes people to the head. Suddenly your post got edited and reedited 6 million times, with irrelevant shit like adding and removing a tag over and over.... to get points...
>bleh!

When you need an answer fast it was golden, instead of dragging through tons of forums. Nah this upvote crap goes people to the head. upvotes and likes and shares and whatnot...

downvoted

unless you're on a good subreddit. sure, i could go to /r/linux and post "i hate niggers lol" and that would get downvoted or deleted but that's okay

your problem is you want to go to a highly trafficked, cucked and moderated subreddit like /r/politics and post Sup Forums shit of course they don't want you there

just fucking deal with it. you want Sup Forums, go to Sup Forums. I would rather ask a question about a league of legends item on r/summonerschool than Sup Forums or /vg/

reddit is different than Sup Forums you just admit you don't know how to fucking use either

The general rule of thumb is

Reddit = Be nice to everybody and have politically correct opinions or we'll ban you
Sup Forums = Have a skin thick enough to be called a faggot repeatedly and stay if you like it

Yeah no faggot
nice b8

Anybody who disagrees with the majority population of a subreddit is censored. Their comments can be removed by moderators (which are makers of the subreddit and friends, so good luck posting anything that isn't, for example, far-left in r/communism) or downvoted to hell so they get buried under all the upvoted comments.

As you can imagine, 90% of subreddits become hugboxes in a matter of days. Usually leftist ones, as we can see with subs like r/politics.

It's a leftist's dream. Free speech when I like it, censorship when I don't.

fuck off Sup Forums legitimately has no echo chambers. The most logical opinions generally win ,and the undefendable ones don't.

Before trump Sup Forums was libertarian, and before that it actually had a fair amount of support for obama.

>only my politics are allowed to be talked about

you first, thunder cunt.

don't discuss politics on political subreddits. fuck, politics aren't even discussed on Sup Forums this is a joke forum just like every board on Sup Forums

learn to sort by controversial. you're just the reddit equivalent of a newfag who doesn't know how to use the site and comparing it to Sup Forums is apples and oranges, Sup Forums is a fucking imageboard reddit is not

It baffles me how being called a faggot would bother someone

Reddit is just an autistic version of Sup Forums run by SJWs

No idea

I play this awfully popular and terrible game called League of Legends and you can see how the majority of people can be driven mad by just calling them names although you're somebody on the internet

You mean
>more autistic

That'd be true if dissenting opinions were downvoted to the point of being buried under the upvoted opinions and/or mods were flat-out deleting these opinions that don't agree with the majority like in almost every subreddit.

>don't discuss politics on political subreddits.
pic related

Reddit Karma is as easy as posting the latest joke there at the right time. Updoots galore.

I have thousands or tens of thousands of karma points there, and I haven't used Reddit in years. They were ok until they got completely flipped and subverted, around 2010 or so.

Because they know they're faggots and the truth hurts

Sup Forums is autism at it's most dangerous levels.
Reddit is autism at it's cringiest.

reddit censorship fucking cucks

Sup Forums demographic is mostly young edy people, cynics, and older people who went through some shit, like vets

Reddit on the other hand is nu-male central full of tatted up whores and cat ladies, their posts are tryhard "wit", completely sanitized and cucky. Hence the hatred between the two places.

>not realizing redditors are such faggots that they actually try to answer your question to the best of their ability whatever it may be
It's actually extremely helpful desu if you avoid anything political or any subreddit over 50,000 subscribers

>Reddits great for actual discussion. Chans are just breeding grounds for trolls and underage b&.

People think that they're important and that their opinion actually means something. They take themselves way too fucking seriously.

reddit makes my eyes bleed. I much prefer the comfy hatred here.

we don't have rivalry, we just laugh at these cucks

Were this place an echo chamber then you would be banned for having a different opinion. Seeing as I can still comment on your shitpost, it would appear your assertion that Sup Forums is an echo chamber is invalidated.

if you came here after '09/'10, don't even bother trying to explain.
those who were here before that know exactly what I mean.
>inb4 a bunch of Reddit fags say I'm full of shit
kys faggots, you ruined this place's culture in a matter of months.

Wrong. It's anonymous imageboards that tend to turn into echo chambers.

Everyone’s anonymous, so a poster can just join the winning side of an argument, cheerfully mocking their own older posts. One poster can even play both sides from the start. Every user can choose whatever opinion they want to have on a post-by-post basis, so everything flows smoothly even as people hatefully attack each other for having the wrong opinion. This stands in stark contrast with most internet forums, where posters are expected to stick to permanent pseudonyms, giving them an identity, history, and reputation.

When you have more stubborn anons who don't jump to the winning side of the argument, they just hold their ground and think their opinions are the consensus of the board. Anyone who disagrees are automatically labeled "jidf shills", "trolls", or "ironic shitposters". This is why anons hate tripfriends who identifiably disagree with them, because they can’t presume those people’s opinions are ironic trolling. Those people are fair game to be shut up by any means necessary, because their very existence threatens the fragile world view and mental echo chamber of anonymous posters.

A