Cartoons/comics youve dropped

This is the first show ive dropped solely for becoming too preachy, its such a fucking disappointment that a show ive been waiting for years and was at first great had to be ruined by after school level forced morals.

Attached: E3D99853-FBDE-4DF2-98AE-C15FC7E677E5.jpg (841x950, 141K)

Same, TKO getting brought back, despite how much he had been built up, for an after school message was a complete misfire. I can't even pretend to know what they were thinking.

YOU WERE THE CHOSN ONE

>TKO getting brought back, despite how much he had been built up, for an after school message was a complete misfire.
I didnt even know about that, what was the plot and message of the episode?

loud house. I'm not sure if I got burnt out marathoning most of the first season or what but it just felt repetitive and a chore to watch.

Not joking but thats exactly how i felt after it started getting really bad. I gave up around a month ago but the furry one was the first thing that angered me

>I'm not sure if I got burnt out marathoning most of the first season or what but it just felt repetitive and a chore to watch.
I understand, its not for everyone but its the only cartoon on that i still enjoy and get excited watching. I mostly watch netflix cartoons now.

I fucking loved the first two seasons of Steven Universe, but I just can't take it anymore. The snail-like plot progression, the increasing focus on townie shit without any Gem hijinks that made the earlier townie episodes fun, the way every big built up event turns out to be a total anti-climax (The Cluster, Malachite, Jasper's return, Steven going to Homeworld), and every character I loved feels totally bastardized save for Greg and Amethyst. Not even my giant blue waifu is a big enough draw to keep me watching anymore.

I really wish I knew why it became such a trainwreck, but everything from Season 3 and onward has been a disappointment.

Attached: Steven's_Dream_213.png (1920x1080, 386K)

>the increasing focus on townie shit without any Gem hijinks that made the earlier townie episodes fun
This is the worst part to me, i even hate the plot beause i just want to see more of the crystal gems and peridot. Whats even the point of making SOL if it ignores the main characters, and were at a point where they are hardly in there own show

Back to your safe space then.

Dendy wanted to summon TKO. She decided that stress was the catalyst. She bullies KO, until he becomes TKO. After he goes on a rampage, Dendy realises the error of her ways and, after some complications, apologises to a pacified KO. Even stating what she learned from the whole mess, that she made.

Past season 2A, all of the loud house episodes follow a single baseline. Lincoln wants something to change, he gets that change, realises that somebody else is unhappy, as a result, and reverts the change; so, that the status quo is preserved. It's really formulaic and becomes tiresome quickly. Also, Chris Savino was never a good director. He made powerpuff girl (seasons 3 + 4) and dexter's lab (seasons 3 + 4) and the same bloated feeling followed him into a lot of the Loud House episodes.

>show I've been watching for years
nice bait OP you clearly never watched this show in your life and you're just trying to start shit

OK KO hasn't even been airing a full year yet

Fuck you its not about a safe space, its about every new cartoon being ruined by bad writers who have to ruin it with their politics and forced messages.
Nice reading comprehension dumbass, i said i was waiting for it for years since the pilot cane out in 2013

>Triggered by just one episode

>Triggered by just one episode
Wrong again, it was a number of episodes, and once those episodes became a standard i didnt want to support it anymore

SUICIDE IS AN OPTION!

I feel disappointed and mad at SU. I just stopped watching after the cluster thing. It was treated like this small ass thing and it ended that way. Makes me sad but there isn't much in my control.

do you only think OK KO became " too preachy " cause of the gun control episode ? if so then chill out

Attached: ick.jpg (218x203, 23K)

I would say the furfaggot episode is worse

That episode's ending and further implications are so surreal I have no time being offended

How is that not too preachy? And the furfag episode like said and others was still bad

that episode was so out of place

cause OKKO barely preaches about anything all these fucks made was 2 trash ass episodes ( and will probably make more ) i cant call a show preachy for having 2 episodes about gun control and a being a furry

The gun episode was enough to make me drop the show, why should i give something ratings when its preachy anout views i hate and dont being in a cartoon. And its practically guaranteed they will make even more episodes like that, and its more then just those two episodes, remember the “pow cards are not diverse enough” episode?

Maybe, and just bear with me here... but maybe it's annoying to be constantly beaten over the head with soapbox-style preaching in what is supposed to be escapist entertainment. Even if it's a message you can agree with, unless you're an absolute fucking drone, it's going to get tiresome, because it's fucking everywhere now.

I think Jesus is a cool guy, but I'd get sick of being constantly bombarded by "wholesome Christian programming" with hamfisted lessons. That's the same shit that's going on here, on a wide scale.

>“pow cards are not diverse enough” episode?
oh shit i do remember but they did a job doing that

>WAAAAAAH WHY THE PILOT IS CANOON REEEEEEE MUH SERI0OUS PLOTTTTT

Jesus fucking christ anons

That was none of what i was complaining about, that episode was stupid but it wasnt offesnive or bad to the point i dropped it because of that

Did you guys not see that Skeleton Remote episode? It was basically an 80s style bombastic anti-drug psa, except replace drugs with guns. No one EVER unironically defended those episodes. He has every right to complain about the direction OKKO is going in.

Also, why are people always trying to shut up others who voice their complaints on a show anyway. It's beyond infuriating.

So basically you hate the fact that a character, Dendy, learned something, don't treat your friends as experiments. You're too nitpicky for this show. Good riddance

The complaints are dumb. OP's post was that he didn't like character arcs in OKKO. The fuck do you want then? Status quo 4ever? If you hate messages in media, you might as well crawl under a rock because messages are in everything.

why do yall wanna find anything you can to bitch about

just avoid the preachy episodes if you dont like them

When every plot had to suffer because of a forced message its a hinderance on the shows quality
>Good riddance
Fuck you too jerk
So were just supposed to let shit like poltics be shoved into escapist cartoons with themes that children shouldnt worry about? Newsflash, no body else wants yo hear about your activist bitching outside of your blog, so stop ruining cartoons with it.

Im sorry a show intended for children does not meet the standards of you, a grown man.

Stop trying to shut us up and silence our opinions, the preachy episodes shouldnt exsist and its taking over the show, and i dont want to support these pussies who think banning guns is a matter that needs to be addressed in a CN show, and displays it in a very one sided manner.

Fuck you, im sick of this political pandering ruining movies, comics, and almost every other facet of society bow, and this does not belong in a show like ok ko

Politics is in everything. Animation is an expensive time-consuming process. Of course, creators want to put deep meaningful messages so they have a long-lasting impact on its fans.
>Good riddance
My bad but you're really over blowing OKKO's messages

A cartoon with an anti-gun message versusu millions of actual bribes sent by gun lobbyists.
You're kicking the underdog while its down, my friend

You fucking dunce, the main problem with media now is all the forced polics that are typically very stupid, how is it a good relationship with fand if their opinions are fucking stupid and piss people off?

>cartoons are trying to take muh guns
you fags don't care about the cartoons, you just wan to validate your victim complex.

Attached: 1500741408614.gif (640x266, 3.26M)

How was the pow card episode to preachy? the entire point of the pow card episode was that you don't have to give up something you like just because the subject matter is antiquated or insensitive. I'm pretty sure Ian even said it was about his love of old Warner cartoons and old cartoons in general.

Politics and messages have always been in cartoons, movies, and every facet of society. It's how life has always been and it's not going to change because, surprise surprise, people's lives are affected by politics. And creative media tends to reflect what's prevalent in people's lives.

If politics and social commentary (or just politics your personally don't agree with) bothers you so much, all you can do try to support stuff that caters to your tastes, make your own shit, or get over yourself.

Gee this sure sounds a lot like...
censorship

This type of poltics has no place in ok ko, i could care less about anti gun babies
You dense mother fucker, its not about that i dont want this preachy bullshit in a cartoon network you ballless bitch
Because its the same old “we need more forced diversity to make something more popular” argument that ruined marvel comics

not that retarded asshole but the POW card ep had KO notice Dendy's race wasn't featured because of bias. that is the actual point of the episode.

Attached: 1497846630626.png (1000x563, 510K)

>how is it a good relationship with fand if their opinions are fucking stupid and piss people off
Because people can relate. All those lgbt boys and girls love Steven Universe because they can connect to its message of tolerance. How are their opinions stupid and why are yours not?

Who are you to say it has no place? Did you create OK KO?

>"they made an episode with a theme I disagree with it, so now they're bad and too preachy"

youre a manchild even for manchildren standarts

>we need more forced diversity to make something more popular
How do you know its forced? I don't remember Ian saying he wanted to push Kappa diversity.

>the screaming retard in this thread getting btfo

Attached: 1517874264805.jpg (342x342, 56K)

This and the episode's conflict boils down to just a coding oversight.

>Waah muh industry protected by the Bill of Rights and billion dollar lobbies was attacked by a kids show!

Jesus Christ get over it faggot. Gun nuts push this macho persona but are actually thin skinned pussies.

This post reeks of tumblr

>coding oversight

No, Kappa were kept out of Pow Cards specifically due to racist notions that Kappa can't be heroes.

Its retarded to defend a shows faults tooth and nail and not accept any criticism for it
Because its stupid to put yout hate boner about guns in a comedy cartoon for kids
Because its supposed to be an escapist cartoon, how the hell is ian in the right for ruining it with political messages?
The theme doesnt belong in it you stupid mother fucker
Youre the flailing retard who is so fucking stupid he cant take any criticism about this show

This is the problem with Sup Forums, retarded extreme fans who cant take any insults or critiques about their growingly terrible cartoons they worship. You piles of human sewage are everything wrong with Sup Forums, i hate each and everyone one of you with every fiber of my being and nothing would make me happier yo see you all crushed to death.

>WAHHH SOMEONE DOESNT AGREE WITH ME AND THINKS I SHOULDNT FORCE MY BULLSHIT OPINIONS INTO A SHOW AND RUIN THE QUALITY OF IT
Drink bleach

I've fallen really far behind and CToon isn't updating.
Anyone got a mega for the episodes?

Nah you can have the whole thing for dropping a show you claimed to like over one episode like a special snowflake fag.

>WAHHH I CANT HANDLE OPPOSING VIEWPOINTS IN THE MEDIA I CONSUME EVEN WHEN ITS NOT INTENDED FOR ME
lel

>CRITICISM
you were crying about not liking "agenda pushing" in cartoons you don't watch and now you call it criticism?

Attached: 1496137507675.jpg (600x600, 28K)

Its more then one episode, how do you not get that idiot
>WAHHG WAHHH STOP COMPLAINING THAT I RUIN SHOWS BECAUSE IM A BABY AND GUNS SCARE ME
Id be mad too if they ruined the show with politics i like, kill yourself
It is criticism dumbass, look at all the triggered shit flinging you autists started because i said it wasnt perfect

You guys ever notice poltards always have heaps of spelling errors in their posts? Not that expected Trump bots to be smart but it’s just funny how they undermine their own arguments by being unable to fucking type

Yes the episode does carry a message of how diversity is a good thing and you shoulden't exclude others but it also holds the point that you don't have to stop liking the things you because they carry antiquated views or can be seen as insensitive. KO and Dendy don't want to throw their cards in the volcano because the cards mean so much to them it's about understanding why people view them as insensitive and pushing for a change to make things better. Hell, judging by the end you can even look at it in a more cynical way saying more diversity basically basically just means more cash flow for corporations who could care less about what their peddling.

>Grown man with firearms upset at cartoon

I wonder. Are there any cartoon shows out there right now that conservatives like me can relate to?

I’m just skipping whole episodes at this point, popping in now and then in case something mildly interesting comes by, if Sup Forums response is anything to go by.

I’ve gone with totally skipping season previews since it really is 90% boring shit with the advertising being about action and plot. I honestly wouldn’t mind down to earth stuff if it was actually well written, focused and coherent.

Nice you show how nuch of any idiot you are to bring Sup Forums out of no where, as ive said i would hate it even if they had politics i agree with, i dont even have spelling mistakes you retard
>but it also holds the point that you don't have to stop liking the things
I can agree with that, i still think forced diversity is pointless but i can understand that

anything seth mcfarlane

Attached: 1495687188841.webm (848x700, 2.12M)

Slim pickings, most creative types lean left and not all push their ideals into their media.

I dont even own a gun, way to show my entire point went straight over your head
That would be just as bad, just look at things like alt hero to see how horrible it can be

>most creative types lean left
Why though, and why do so many right now lean towards the more extreme and unhinged views?

I appreciate the honest answers. I was really only asking out if curiosity, but if they would end up like anything from the late 80s/early 90s, then I don't know know if I would like conservative stuff being pushed in my escapist shows like the more liberal stuff seems to be these days. I just don't like preachy shit, period.

The Kappas just seemed so unremarkable at the time, the Pow Card company couldn't even be bothered to log them in as villains. Like wildlife.

I cant continue this conversation with you because you literally think right and left are opposing sportsball teams, have a good one.

>i cant even finish what i was saying becaue i dont know what im talking about, so ill act like you offended me to avoid outing myself

Why the hell did the skeleton episode rouse so many babies? if anything it was so tongue in cheek it seemed more like a parody of psa episodes. It ends with a congress woman punching someone in the face for Christ sake if anything it made me think of that Simpson's bit in the 3rd season where Lisa looses faith in democracy and the politicians band together and actually stand up and do the right thing, it's a cynical joke because politics don't work like that.
Forced diversity and diversity for the sake of diversity is bad but you also have to factor in the amount of retards who will shout at anything diverse as being "forced".

Bullshit, Dendy's dad or someone who looked like him had a lvl 6. That's a couple points below Shadowy Figure.

If you demonize the word left and liberal while being completely ignorant to why creative types often fall into that category why would I even bother continuing this conversation?
You're incapable of thinking outside of your hyper narrow viewpoint, so why bother?

Best you can get is King of the Hill reruns and maybe that rumored reboot. South Park tries its best to say that both sides are equally stupid.

Its not babies that are complaining, its obvious that this wasnt parody and sincre, but of course people like you will say “its totally ironic you guys”. And yes, anything with the words diverse is always a sign of something bad, just put people in of other races and backgrounds and dont call it by that obvious virtue signaling word.

I wasnt demonizing the left as a whole, and why should i obviously know why they choose to be more liberal when i asked you why the reasoning for many are?

Left leaning people value freedom of expression in many forms is the simplest answer I can give, sometimes those expressions tread into taboo topics. Right leaning people want some things to remain untouched or sacred, they endorse expression but often restrict choices.
Taken to the extreme both can suck, but neither should be ignored in favor of the other.
But of course when I say the left everyone imagines some horn rimmed glasses wearing fat bitch with funny colored hair shrieking about sjfw shit.

That was only after Dendy added the code to the system. Nobody cared to add them at the start.

Yah, the show had a lot of potential, being a tribute to the arcade era and classic anime. It was shaping up to be a show made by people who lived and breathed that stuff and understand it and what made it work. It was meant to be /ourshow/. Ian originally came off as /ourguy/
But instead we got a show deviant art the show. Right down furry apologists, MUH STYLE, and preachy lessons where people want fun instead.
I know the distinction between /ourshow/ and deviant art show might be confusing but there is one. It all has to do with nuance

>It was meant to be /ourshow/
what a load.

I liked the earlier episodes when even the town focused episodes had some relevance.

Why do people pretend like cartoons have never done anything like this.

Whats with the recent influx of faggots who treat shows like a religion and freak out and throw insults whenever someone has problems with it?

Attached: 8FD0DBBC-8777-4E5F-BEE4-C0E55226E88E.jpg (480x480, 46K)

>Why do people pretend like cartoons have never done anything like this.
Im not, but we make fun of captain planet because of how bad it was and that era shouldve died in the early 90s. Their is a difference between a sensible moral and a writer forcing in their own political views in a kids cartoon.

But I unironically liked the bombastic 80s style PSAs of the past.

It's because fewer and fewer people have actual religion, so they replace it with anything that panders to their sociopolitical moral views, and will vehemently lash out at anyone who questions their fandom, the same way religious fundamentalists lash out at 'heretics'.

I finally realized the only reason I read QC was out of habit a couple months ago when Jeph dropped that weird secretary story. I didn't so much drop it as simply break the habit. It's only looking back that I realize I stopped liking or caring about it a couple years ago.

I mean i agree with you, but my question was more about cartoons themselves and not the politics associated with it, as this behavior happens on Sup Forums with other shows besides ok ko, and those dont even have politics in it.

shut up, Sup Forums. not every Sup Forums user needs to be a gun-loving redneck tard

>make fun of captain planet because of how bad it was

Nobody made fun of Captain Planet. Most people in the 90s liked Captain Planet alot actually. theres nothing wrong with show, theres just something wrong with you.

>Their is a difference between a sensible moral and a writer forcing in their own political views in a kids cartoon.

No, there isn't, there's just "Opinion i like" and "Opinion i don't like" with you. don't act like calling something you like to be something lower and more irrelevant than the one you don't like.

Attached: 11.jpg (395x400, 47K)

>actual religion
What 's an "actual" religion? How do you know its "actual"?

>Nobody made fun of Captain Planet. Most people in the 90s liked Captain Planet alot actually.
Obviously someone didnt live through the 90s
>theres nothing wrong with show, theres just something wrong with you.
Someones upset
>No, there isn't, there's just "Opinion i like" and "Opinion i don't like" with you. don't act like calling something you like to be something lower and more irrelevant than the one you don't like.
No fuck you, gun politics dont being in a kids cartoon, theirs a difference between a lesson about being nice to people and trying to brainwash kids into calling politicians for something you dont like.

Out of curiosity, did you like them because you could laugh at them? That's the only reason I watch them today. If that's not the case, then WHY?

Yeah, that doesn't change that powerful heroic Kappa existed before they were added to Pow Cards.

For fuck sake Dendy even says "We didn't need Pow Cards to be heroic, but it's nice to be included."

On the topic, I'm at a loss how people can be offended by this episode. I swear some rightards act like its 1940 and they can still deny minorities basic rights and acceptance.

>For fuck sake Dendy even says "We didn't need Pow Cards to be heroic, but it's nice to be included."
>On the topic, I'm at a loss how people can be offended by this episode. I swear some rightards act like its 1940 and they can still deny minorities basic rights and acceptance.
Its not about being rightwing, its obvious its trying to say that things like ruining things with diversity are needed. Diversity doesnt matter and if you cant like something because your kind isnt in it then you arent a true fan and shouldnt be panderd too.