So how much have the MCU and DCEU genuinly affected their comic counterparts?

So how much have the MCU and DCEU genuinly affected their comic counterparts?

Attached: Hawkeye-Movie-vs-Comic.jpg (800x600, 198K)

DCEU, not that much.

MCU, quite a bit.

DC comics doesn't really use much, if anything, from the movies. Marvel does a lot of visual similarities in an attempt to trick new readers

What the MCU did to the comics:
>"Fuck the X-Men and Fantastic Four, kill 'em and break up their teams!"
>"Star-Lord? Yeah, change him visually and personality wise to be more like Crisp Rat. Give him some 80s references to spew out while fighting, too."
>"We own the Inhumans, don't we? No more mutants, make every new character an Inhuman."
- Ike Perlmutter (probably)
DCEU:
>"People like Harley Quinn, give her that costume from the Suicide Squad movie."
- Dan Didio (maybe)

The MCU pretty much killed off the X-Men. Drove the spike in the heart of that franchise.

>Marvel does a lot of visual similarities in an attempt to trick new readers
I still hate that. Why can't Marvel just let the comics be their own thing free of MCU influence?

Except for Wolverine though, they both had him lose his healing factor and then replaced him with Old Man Logan because of the movies.

they only see it as advertisement. even the games have to refer back to the mcu.

It's easy brand recognition. Although I will say MCU Cap is a solid costume. Star Lord was a bad decision though

Did MCU-Hawkeye change comics-Hawkeye?

I've always known Hawkeye as this abrasive prick who hates working with others and can't deal well with criticism, unlike the reliable family man the MCU gave us

Fraction Hawkeye changed him more than anything the MCU did.

Three words: Black Nick Fury

DCEU hasn’t done much. Except for giving Aquaman long hair and a beard. CWverse has done more: Black Wally West, Felicity, Diggle, Oliver Queen having a half sister who becomes Red Arrow etc.

That was in Ultimates before the movies, idiot

Arthur having long hair and a beard was already a thing, they just brought it back. And Black Wally existed before CW's.

Remember the "organic web shooters" thing? With Peter having assholes in his wrists? All because the movies...

Don't respond to him, he is retarded.

And they added it to the main universe due to the movies by utilizing one of the dumbest fucking plots ever put in a comic book.

MCU:
-Hawkeye costume
-Star-Lord’s costume, personality, and origin
-Maximoffs not being Magneto’s kids
-Iron Man’s arc reactor technology (I actually like this one)
-Steve Rogers going back to being Captain America in Brubaker’s run in time for the movie (I’m okay with this one too)
-Insersion of Michael Rooker Yondu
-Short hair Thor and destruction of Mjolnir
-Sam Fury being main Fury of 616
-Coulson
-Agents of SHIELD agents like May showing up
-Selvig showing up
-New Civil War to time with movie
-New Thanos Infinity stuff to time with movie
-Insertion of Black Valkyrie
-Winter Soldier getting movie mask
-Nadia Pym
-Scott Lang’s new costume
-Darren Cross Yellowjacket
-Dora Milaje looking like MCU counterparts
-New Defenders team that matches Netflix lineup
-Loki clone being Hiddlestonesque antihero
-616 Chitauri are identical to MCU version. Generic aliens rather than leaving them as the Ultimate version of Skrulls.

The writers already admitted that that it was mandated for synergy. Black Wally in the comics was introduced in the comics after they made the decision to racebending Iris and her father in the show and of course Wally down the line. It wasn’t a coincidence.

>New Defenders team that matches Netflix lineup
I wouldn't have had as much of a problem with this one if the book was at least good. You left out bringing back Diamondback and remembering Turk and Night Nurse.