How can anyone excuse this writing?

How can anyone excuse this writing?

Attached: asasas.jpg (1280x720, 73K)

Other urls found in this thread:

polygon.com/tv/2017/10/12/16459622/samurai-jack-season-5-finale-genndy-tartakovsky
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

And people say Animation is a circlejerking echo chamber. The writing community is probably worst.

I did because I'm desperate for good cartoons so I lie to myself and internet strangers.

WTF I GOT AKU POWER LOL

Attached: 1501023375412.png (752x451, 419K)

At least it tried. That sadly more than i can say for most.

They reeeeaally wanted a conclusion.

>is spawn of Aku
>has his power
I don't see the issue.

This is going to sound retarded, but do people kind of miss the era where a show would be deemed as "magical" for the sheer purpose that it ended too soon?

Arrested Development. Futurama. Community. Samurai Jack.

There was that little special, "Man, TV kills all the gems!" mystique that went away the instant these shows come back and become worse and end up making the entire product less special as a result.

I fucking love Clone High and I hope it never comes back to remain special in my heart.

no excuse!

DUDE WITHOUT AKU I NEVER EXISTED LMAO

Attached: 07AE740F-F730-4E6C-B528-B402AE607BA0.png (1136x640, 797K)

Tartovsky only got 10 episodes. I knew that ahead of time so I was willing to overlook the rushed pacing. That and the first 4 episodes or so were 10/10 for me. Dude really should have asked for more episodes.

Fuck you, Genndy.

I would honestly have prefered if you didn't try.

Twin Peaks was the biggest example of that for me, but I was born in 90 and so many of those shows you listed made me feel the same way.

But last year Twin Peaks Season 3 happened and fucked my brain up...I don't even know what my point is. I want a season 4 though.

Attached: file.png (700x394, 202K)

Honestly I enjoyed it all except for the last episode.

Twin Peaks is unironically maybe the best TV ever.

Twin Peaks made me appreciate ambiguity and the idea that we don't need to know the answers to everything.

Maybe part of the reason why shows like Samurai Jack stayed in our memories for so long is precisely because there wasn't an ending that we wanted. It reminds me of those old serial shows like UFO by Gerry Anderson. They barely got endings. Big O was another great example, which was directly inspired by those old serials too.

Attached: file.png (600x449, 291K)

>that fucking monkey profile
holy god

This.
the writing became more obvious after episode 3, but it was still enjoyable in an almost innocent way.
it wasnt until "SADNESS IS MATURE FOR ADULTS LIKE ME" finale that it became complete ass. unfortunately though a bad end like that can taint the whole experience

>I don't see the issue.

How about the fact that it only came up at all in the last minute.

True but everything about it was rushed

Yeah. I like the idea that shows can exist for the episode to episode bases into of all the DEEP LORE! People forget that the journey is often as if not more important than the destination. I think of all my favorite shows and whenever I think of what my favorite episode is it's almost never the first or last.

Attached: big o season 2.jpg (1284x2896, 1000K)

The issue of almost everything involved was the complete absence of buildup.
>imply that aku has never interacted with cult
>Ashi shows no knowledge of supernatural powers
>there is not a single comment along the lines of "even if i did go back, what would happen to the people there? maybe peoples lives will be erased"
so when in the last 30 minutes of the show aku says "oh wait there was that ONE time!" and reveals his parentage, ashi masturfully uses his powers with no experimentation, then fades away (after the dialogue once again lies to the audience implying whatever side effects will occur are complete), it feels like a complete ass pull.
episodes 9 and 10 both feel completely disconnected from the rest of the show, and i dont care if genndy felt like a happy ending would be "wrong"; if he cant pull off a bittersweet ending in the allotted time, then he shouldn't do it at all.
polygon.com/tv/2017/10/12/16459622/samurai-jack-season-5-finale-genndy-tartakovsky

Attached: 1495417041379.gif (1400x1000, 2.86M)

>”How does it feel? How does it feel to have something you love RIPPED AWAY FROM YOU??” -Genndy

Attached: image.jpg (901x3736, 2.53M)

So how exactly did Genndy respond to the feedback of Ep 10 and the finale as a whole? Can't imagine a lot of people were all that impressed.

Attached: 1496254395515.png (1200x1200, 889K)

link at the bottom of this rant

the second episode was one of the best stuff I seen in years and they pull this garbage

Attached: 1503376667774.gif (320x240, 856K)

Attached: 1494183618951.png (500x536, 176K)

not only shes the spawn of aku, when they meet before taking the sword, Aku releases more power from her, i just rewatched

Attached: ayy.png (1008x403, 484K)

Episodes 1-3 though

Most people were just happy Jack got back to the past

The one thing of value to come out of the season was that robot everyone wanted to fuck.

>what are futurefags

Attached: SJGF.png (420x420, 203K)

>the ending has to be tragic

If that was the case, it could have ended with Jack sacrificing his life to his objective. The ending was not tragic at all apart from aisha.

Jack went back to the past. Saved his father, his family, his kingdom and the entire world. There is nothing left but to live a happy life with his family and old friend. Also with the Aku torment finished forever, he got something even better than vengeance; erasing from existence everything evil.

What a tragic ending.

By yelling the theme song lyrics over and over again like a religious mantra. Any writing flaws or missed plot holes or dropped themes can be excused by GOTTA GET BACK