ITT: Meme characters that normies like

Attached: classic-harley.jpg (500x750, 34K)

Attached: images (14).jpg (216x324, 19K)

I'd hardly call current Harley, or the one casuals are familiar with, the same character as your OP pic.

Also fuck you, OP.

Attached: AE526C6B-B506-4F13-8538-7A2EAB953180.jpg (657x835, 479K)

Aside from the clothes, what's so different about the new Harley? They're still basically the same character.

Do normies care about him?
I always thought that him and his meme of "muh cyclops wuz right" was just a reddit thing.

One's a walking tragedy who's madness was entirely focused on what she thought was love, the other was always loony apparently and can't seem to do anything wrong

Both Rocket and Groot were turned into memes

Attached: rocketracc.png (336x476, 97K)

DUDE IF THE GENERAL PUBLIC LIKE SOMETHING, YOU SHOULD HATE IT L'MOW

Iron Man. Thor.

who are you even quoting

Harley is only a good supporting character for the Joker. It is absolutely retarded when they try to put her in the position of being a hero. She completely ruined injustice; Batman puts Superman in jail (who did some good) but lets the accomplice of a nuclear terrorist attack go free....?

Harley is a terrible character. She was created to be the tragic character in an abusive relationship, but she can't just be the abused girl forever. Characters must evolve. However when she finally evolves from being the abused girl, she just doesn't work as anything else. If she had to exist, she should have been just an one-time character

Yep, Harley just exists now to be a role model to young women to be retarded whores.
Jesus, the very existence of DC. Complete Garbage.

Attached: mqdefault.jpg (320x180, 10K)

I agree with and Nowadays people try to write Harley as this crazy stronk independent woman fapbait character and while trying to expand her they're essentially diluting her. Now she's basically like a female joker with less of a unique identity.

There are only 2 options to get more mileage out of Harley. Sidekicking for other heroes, or just being Dr. Quinzel. Because abused Harley is like the Mister Freeze dilemma, and what she is now is crap

Attached: Green Arrow Harley.jpg (893x900, 450K)

Attached: Spider-Gwen_Vol_2_1_Four_Color_Grails_Fan_Expo_Variant_Textless.jpg (736x1117, 109K)

I saw a Rocket and Groot cartoon on Disney XD:
>Rocket's an abrasive asshole, Groot acts like a puppy with no agency.
>Plots are simple and "wacky" without the appeal of even the most cliche of gag shows. >The art is too stylized to the point that it looks generic as fuck.
Seriously, fuck (most of) Disney's Marvel cartoons, they're mostly just transplants of the MCU in an animated medium to increase market presence anyways.

U wot m8?!

Honestly, the only logical progression for Harley would be what the DCAU eventually did with her; letting her give up a life of crime and settle down to live a quiet, peaceful life. Unfortunately that doesn't sound like it'd make an exciting comic book, so instead we get wacky gal pal hijinx with Harley being inexplicably just as popular in-universe as IRL.

They were always memes. They had like no character in the DnA run. Literally just "le walking tree and le talking raccoon with big guns!"

>The Brave and The Bold relaunch starring Harley Quinn, leaning into the reputation of the wackier BaTB cartoon, about a clown on the run working for/with/against various heroes and villains, taking casuals on a guided tour of the DCU
>Harleen Quinzel, PhD book about her trying to open up a practice and start a new life in a small town, only for Dr. Jackstraw to show up and blackmail her to let him work there too. Hijinx with the two of them fighting over patients' souls ensue.
I'd rather read either of those than the Adventures of Albino Roller Derby Skank.

Attached: Superman_Action_976_Gary_Frank.png (985x1313, 908K)

Surprised no one has posted him yet

Attached: s-l1000.jpg (654x1000, 180K)

Deadpool was always a shit character.
Between DP and the SJW's, Marvel is lucky it survived.
(which it did survive by presenting its cinematic universe with straight laced white men)

I remember there was this sweet little arc about him some years ago, where he genuinely tried to be a better hero and was a bit depressed because the hero community didn't like him that much. Unfortunatelly, he suffers from the same syndrome as Harley Quinn, so every development his character wents through is temporary.

Normies hate Superman tho, because “he’s too strong/powerful so he’s boring”. Batman is the real normie meme character

Attached: E95B65D4-603E-4111-96E6-B942C327A560.png (800x1132, 376K)

>hating on based Rightlops
You must be another Inhumanfag

But isn't Supes more Human than Human?

Attached: shazam_cover_h_2016.jpg (700x480, 145K)

Batman is on a spectrum where normies love him because of movies and tv, casuals hate him out of contrarianism, and hardcore/longtime comics readers go back to loving him.

That's Captain Marvel, normies like Shazam.

Normies hate Ghost Rider, or at the very least find him ridiculous. You have no idea how often I've heard "lol I can only think of Nicholas Cage" when I bring up the idea of a new live action Ghost Rider.

Rocket
Groot
Harley Quinn
Carnage
Deadpool
Deathstroke
Green Arrow
Damian Wayne

There isn't a difference

There is to normies.

>carnage instead of venom

Attached: 1448847671822.png (300x500, 127K)

Yes, user, we all know you hate Johns and Curse of Shazam. Nobody fucking cares. And to say that normies care about Billy is a big assumption, because most barely know anything about him, if at all

>Venom is a meme character

>pronouncing it L'MOW
>mow as in "lawn mower"
>instead of MAO as in "ouch"

Attached: 2017-09-27_07-01-54.jpg (539x516, 23K)

Brockvenom is. And normies eat him up far more than carnage desu

>normies
Fuck off, plebbitor. We call them normalfags around here.

About ten years ago this guy

Also this

Attached: 020209-portraits01-big.jpg (469x700, 47K)

Breath is finite.

>we
And that's how you out yourself

Rorschach is still everyone's favorite Watchmen character to this day. It's funny, since Alan Moore wanted him to be a caricature of your average republican and actually hated the character

normies tend to like wolverine

Does he not understand that you can like a character without liking them as a person?

Spider-Gwen sounds like a cool idea at first. But Slott, her creator (the costume creator), Bendis ruin it.

There were so many stupid shits happening in spider-Gwen that make me stop reading the series. And at the same time, It was boring too. God, I hope she gets a better writer and not be forgotten.

Attached: but.png (705x741, 446K)

Go ahead, deny it

Attached: 1212837618.pngOnl.png (785x1019, 146K)

She's like the Velma of TT

Nor.ies don't care they like wolverine. Hell they killed him when they did the Phoenix. Right at the start to. user just being a troll.

>XD
leave, gaijin

Attached: e82da14b6195e1fe3f429e20f7401844.png (289x225, 147K)

I urinoninanically like new Splinter

>Every popular character is just a meme that normies like

Attached: 1518580169957.jpg (448x500, 49K)

>rorschach
This frustrates me because yeah, yeah, Moore made him to spite conservatives, but the guy has some genuinely redeemable and admirable qualities and that's never the focus of the discussion. It's part of the reason why I find Zach the Hack's film so fucking offensive. He eliminated all of the things that added nuance, tragedy, and grace to Rorschach's character to make him unironically an edgy 16 year old boy's power fantasy.

I think this is pretty true for most of the characters here. For example, the OP. Harley's a pretty great character - she's funny and threatening and genuinely pathetic. Except normies get their hands on her and her relationship to the Joker becomes the sort of thing that the weird fat goth chick from your high school graduating class posts those weird mom memes about on Facebook.

I think Moore does understand it. I mean, he definitely uses Rorschach's ridiculous qualities to shit on conservatives. The wacky newspaper, the pathetic nostalgia, the sexual repression are all standard left wing insults for the right. However, Moore also makes Walter Kovacs really sympathetic. It's little moments like his look towards his landlady after seeing her shield her children with her body or shaking Daniel's hand. Moore clearly sees something redeemable in him. I certainly do. I think what Moore finds obnoxious (because I find it obnoxious and so clearly the famous artist I like must agree with me) is when people focus on the things that make Rorschach shitty and lionise those attributes over his better angels.

Basically, if your favorite "Rorschach moment" is him squeezing that bar fly's hand into a shattered glass of whiskey instead of "Do it" or "I really think there's hope, don't you", then you missed the fucking point and deserve Moore's snake god smiting you
t. autistic obnoxious leftwing faggot who considers rorschach to be their favorite character in any medium and will blather on about him endlessly

Jokes on you, I'm an Asian in an Asian country.

Nah actual normies are ashamed to like Superman. Think he’s too vanilla/boring for them baka.

the sad thing is she didn't used to be.

her design is just too good, too easy to market. it's a fucking shame really because she really helps round out the joker in TAS without fucking him up.

>Now she's basically like a female deadpool with less of a unique identity.
ftfy

Normies like Superman because of the relatability, "he makes me to be a better person" meme and spam that suicide girl page from All Star Superman and those cringeworthy feels pages from Tomasi's run.

That's basically what OP's getting at

Attached: wubba lubba dub dub man.jpg (1080x608, 104K)

I pronounce it as "le mayo"

What an absolutely useless character in the movies.

Okay I'm just gonna ask what does meme actually mean in this context? Is it character that got unpopular for no reason? Thing I don't like that other people like?

>it's a fucking shame really because she really helps round out the joker in TAS without fucking him up
I think this is the biggest reason why Harley Quinn's popularity increased while her worth as a character went downhill: they were so desperate to cash in on her popularity they forgot that she is fundamentally defined by TAS Joker, and comics Joker is a different character.

TAS Joker was a mercurial, randomly psychopathic comedian who, since he wasn't allowed to kill people, instead devised much more twisted mind games and schemes, and the character was all the better for it. He was based on Bronze Age Joker who was defined by schemes such as The Laughing Fish. This is a character who received karmic retribution via becoming the punchline, and the reason Harley Quinn worked is because she punctuated Joker's victories and failures alike as comic support.
The actual Joker from the comics at the time was a much more violent and duller character, and he's only gotten worse since then. Harley Quinn has never worked next to this character, and as a result writers had nothing to develop her and instead built her on the most superficial aspects of her cartoon version.

TAS Joker is a character who would manipulate and employ a perky female henchman to enjoy her attention and abuse her viciously at once, in the process creating one of his most tragic victims.
Comics Joker would shoot her or wear her skin around his neck while ranting about chaos and his love for Batman or whatever.

Attached: joker-harley.jpg (650x396, 42K)

Not them, but why do people like Curse of Shazam? I slogged through New 52 JL to read it after having it recommended and it's just...really dull. Darla has a good design, the idea for a new status quo for Billy that's a bit more modern is fine, and it's paced well, but the story itself is a bore.

>Right
>Got genocided three times