JSA Storytime: Question

Good evening owls,

Quarterly #2

Attached: thequestionquarterly#002-00.jpg (683x1024, 92K)

the server's being a little robust, I see

Attached: thequestionquarterly#002-01.jpg (683x1024, 105K)

Hello, Storyteller.

>Diana leading Justice League Dark
Yay! I mean, yeah, it's JLD, but I'll take it.

>Tynion
... Meh.

Cranky ruined another Wonder Woman discussion by claiming nobody has read Wonder Woman until everyone shut up. Can you please keep him in these threads?

you know it's gonna be good when someone gets martial arts credit on a book, my good owls

sadly I'm no one's boss but my own, and barely even that

Attached: thequestionquarterly#002-02.jpg (683x1024, 163K)

FUCK grad school.

Justice League comics look super fun

lol titans curse

The announcements today were fucking terrible.

>JLD by Tynion
>Darkseid on probably the best team that's written by Williamson
>fucking Adam Glass on Teen Titans
>Damian's generation of TT has shit looking members
>Benson sisters on Green Arrow
>Abnett STILL on Titans
>Robinson STILL on Wonder Woman
>no Shazam, LOSH, JSA

And yeah, my basic reaction was bleh Tynion but more bleh they're trying JLD as a Konzept *again*? Really? No one's learned anything, I see?

Attached: thequestionquarterly#002-03.jpg (637x940, 102K)

inb4 random video game discussion

I haven't been on Sup Forums all day, yo. I ain't the only pissy Wondy fan on this board, y'know.

I spent the day buying 1) roses 2) beer so all I've seen is JLD announcement and nothing else, y'all can explain everything to me

I met so many doggos today

Attached: thequestionquarterly#002-04.jpg (675x1024, 146K)

It's Sup Forums, but the Krypton premier was interesting. I'm cautiously hyped for Brainy.

I just got annoyed in that Artemis thread a while back, and hadn't vented until now.

I want to bang that Brainy.

>Darkseid on probably the best team that's written by Williamson

What?

Gotta say I think Adam Strange is Per Degaton

we are allowed to be somewhat on-topic Sup Forums, I'm cool with that

there's a Sup Forums reaction face in there, lol

Attached: thequestionquarterly#002-05.jpg (650x1024, 118K)

my recent diet of gaming has been very providing of husbandos, I have appreciated it greatly, especially the feeling that the writing was catering to my demographic

Attached: thequestionquarterly#002-06.jpg (670x1024, 121K)

Justice League Odyssey has Starfire, Jessica Cruz, Darkseid, Azrael, and Cyborg.
Williamson and Sejic.

Teen Titans by Adam Glass and Bernard Chang.
Damian, Emiko, Black Wally, Lobo's daughter Crush, two new characters

Titans by Abnett
Raven ,Miss Martian, and Beast Boy are joining

Benson sisters from BOP on Green Arrow

the JL books all sound super dull

Snyder JL might be okay because he seems to like stupid fun, but JLD is still a dumb idea with a bad writer and a bad lineup and Odyssey is a snoozefest

It's weird, but the Jessica Cruz push is totally working on me. I guess this is the power of feeling represented?

Justice League Odyssey team is least boring (compared to JL) and makes some sort of sense (compared to JLD). But Darkseid is on it and it's written by Williamson.

the most astonishingly beautiful thing I saw today was Norm MacDonald quoting William Buckley at Jordan Peterson, except that I fucking hate myself for understanding that sentence

this is all poop, sorry

Attached: thequestionquarterly#002-07.jpg (687x986, 88K)

Snyder steering the Justice League line under New Justice banner. They're in the Hall of Justice which has portals to spin off teams (JLD, Justice League Odyssey, Titans, etc). Legion of Doom is back. Martian Manhunter is a big part.

Justice League Odyssey is Justice League WTF. It's cosmic stuff with Jessica Cruz, Starfire, Azreal, and Cyborg. And Darkseid as Hannibal Lecter. They fly around space in a Brainiac ship. Sejic art. I think the title is a Neil Adams reference.

I think all the new Justice League books look fun.

An Outsiders book is probably coming out of that Detective Comics arc

First of all, nice quartets.

And wow...that sounds bad

On paper, JLD is a great idea. Let's take a bunch of our magic based characters and have them go on adventures together. The problem is that none of DC's writers have any real experience with fantasy, and thus it just ends up as capes with magic stuff grafted on.

Oh. Fair enough.

I guess I get why Jessica has done pretty well but I'm still not feeling it

It's hard to care about new GLs at all when DC still can't do anything right with the ones I already like

>things have been changing in space, and Darkseid winds up having to reluctantly team up with his archfoes. Williamson said the second issue of Odyssey begins with “Darkseid is… no more.” “He needs this Justice League as much as they need him.”

>Issue #8 will feature Scott's new baby Jacob Free, as Scott and Barda switch weekends between going to war on Apokolips and taking care of their newborn over the course of a year. Funky Flashman will also appear in the issue.

>The problem is that none of DC's writers have any real experience with fantasy
It's not even this.
It runs into the Titans problem in that they barely have a reason to be together but unlike the Titans, most of the team don't get along with each other. Or at least they write them that way.

JLD would need, other than a writer well versed in fantasy, a solid story pitch that involves EVERY member needing a reason to be involved. Especially Constantine.

JLD inevitably ends up either mushy like JMD or pew pew magic lazers or just ????

this dude has to be a capoeira dude and I'm sorry, this brings me back to memories of button-mashing Eddy Gordo, I can't help it

Attached: thequestionquarterly#002-08.jpg (679x1008, 137K)

>The problem is that none of DC's writers have any real experience with fantasy, and thus it just ends up as capes with magic stuff grafted on.
This. Good Wonder Woman/Aquaman/Swamp Thing/Madame Xanadu/Amethyst should all be decidedly fantasy in their own ways, but the default seems to be to make these characters faff around as generic capes in generic American cities.

>The problem is that none of DC's writers have any real experience with fantasy, and thus it just ends up as capes with magic stuff grafted on.

That was the core problem with Milk Wars, too. Great premise wasted by written like a standard cape event comic.

Truthfully, I've never been interested in cosmic DC aside from King's Omega Men, so I'm aware that my gain is -- to an extent -- at your loss.

>and Darkseid winds up having to reluctantly team up with his archfoes (No Orion)
>Darkseid IS...no more

Oh, it's everything I hate about DCU integrated Darkseid in one pitch

>The problem is that none of DC's writers have any real experience with fantasy
Williamson did Birthright which was kinda fantasy, I guess that's better than nothing

>super fun
This meme again

Have you read REBELS

Speaking of REBELS, DC should get rid of Azrael and Darkseid and replace him with Adam Strange and somebody else

>Williamson did Birthright which was kinda fantasy, I guess that's better than nothing
Shame that he's on the Space team, not the magic one

If Tony Bedard isn't writing KFC 3, R.E.B.E.L.S. can come back, I'd be content with that

Attached: thequestionquarterly#002-09.jpg (629x936, 120K)

>Have you read REBELS
I'm working my way through Byrne's era of Superman, and am about to hit Vril Dox as Braniac. It's probably a good a starting point as any for me to skip over into REBELS.

>Williamson magic team
>Abnett on space team
>throw all the Titans away

i fixed dc

fun comics are fun. sorry they aren't for your taste.

Attached: brit wink.gif (320x379, 425K)

Magic based threats that they are uniquely qualified to deal with seems an obvious reason. But then, I guess everyone deals with magic shit on occasion. I wish I could pull a better reason out me ass, to be honest.

>pew pew
See, exactly this is why I cooled on fantasy. Magic is a means to manipulate reality outside the standard laws of physics. Most stories boil it down to multicolored lasers, or if you're lucky, the same three D&D spells everyone knows.

that filename is misleading, that is not britney spears winking

L.E.G.I.O.N. first, then there are two volumes of R.E.B.E.L.S., one immediately adjacent and one late 2000s

Attached: thequestionquarterly#002-10.jpg (679x1024, 122K)

No you didn't. Williamson is still there

i was doing hard mode, where you have to work with what you have

Where do you put Tynion?

>R.E.B.E.L.S.

I want Vril Dox to troll Jess and Baz. All the GLs but those two seem like that would make for the most fun team up.

>Magic based threats that they are uniquely qualified to deal with seems an obvious reason
I can see this as a fair justification for Diana and Swamp Thing on the team to make it not "just" Shadowpact, but we'll have to see how they're actually used.

back on 'tec so batfags can suffer through their god being shat on by a teenage boy

the GL line didn't LOSE anything when they made Simon and Jessica, but the line feels bloated and I don't really know what the solution is

it's easy to say "kill the ones I don't like" but that wouldn't really accomplish anything

Oh my god, Vril would be so great and awful to those sweet summer children

Attached: thequestionquarterly#002-11.jpg (675x970, 141K)

I thought his 'tec was well liked

"Fun" isn't an argument, it's a meaningless buzzword. Sorry you can't come up with something better to defend your taste in comics.

Oh man I lost all track of time tonight.

You didn't fix shit.

not on Sup Forums it's not

HI user

I almost slept through this, I was drooling on the pillow

Attached: thequestionquarterly#002-12.jpg (675x1020, 157K)

luckily i still like the fun comics!

To ask why we shitpost is to ask why the leaves fall. It is in their nature. Perhaps, there is a better question.

Fantasy characters are IMO also more likely to be weird and have their own stuff built up around them, which doesn't work as well when you try and unify for a team book.

Like if your wizards all use magic differently, grouping them together doesn't always work. This is particularly egregious with Constantine I think who is tonally pretty different from a lot of other magic-users around in DC.

Saying why you like a comic book isn't an "argument.

Sup Forums doesn't like anything

>On paper, JLD is a great idea
No. It's a horrible idea. You're taking characters that arena known for character driven non cape-like stories and putting them in a superhero team to fight big bag magic villains. It's a blatant superhero comic setup.
Also fuck Wonder Woman, stop trying to push her as a magic character.

so how are you well-feathered owls doing this fine evening

the bluebonnets are in bloom, the paintbrushes too

Attached: thequestionquarterly#002-13.jpg (675x1020, 104K)

I swear, none of these writers have ever read any urban fantasy material, cause frankly, like you said, almost all of DC's magic characters should be firmly in the realm of urban fantasy. Seriously, just go American Gods or Fables with this shit.

Fuck Milk Wars. The solicits told me to expect surrealist horror mystery, and all I got was the same shit every other cape book has.

The exception being the Wondy/Shade issue. That was pretty solid.

I really did not expect breastfeeding the vacuum cleaner, but Castelluci actually knows how to go there

Attached: thequestionquarterly#002-14.jpg (687x932, 129K)

I was feeling down last night and was really wanting to post one of my favorite Wonder Woman issues, but I knew it would just be shit posted into oblivion because it's primarily about Trevor Barnes, the black guy Diana briefly dated

Sometimes this place is quite depressing in how much it ruins its own ability to enjoy things

I liked Trevor, he's good-natured and adorable. Agree that the problem with Jimenez is always good idea but middling-and-didactic execution

Attached: thequestionquarterly#002-15.jpg (687x974, 98K)

I still have a weird soft spot for the two alien GLs they introduced in R.E.B.E.L.S.

They kind of shit on them for the whole intro and then, no, the Psion has some real shit going on and the Okaaran is a fucking badass.

Vic is so fucking tired of Martial Artists.

Wonder Wife should be a permanent Wondie rogue, no joke. Explain that she split off from Diana because of timey wimey shit or something. She's the absolute perfect thematic opposite

It was a step down from Changing Girl just like the first issue of Changing Woman wasn't as good as any of the previous 12 issues. And the damn issue swasn't integrated well into Milk Wars or the Shade ongoing. Messy.

See

>It was a step down from Changing Girl just like the first issue of Changing Woman wasn't as good as any of the previous 12 issues.
I can't agree senpai. I'm honestly so sad Changing Woman is unlikely to get a big run. I think the creative team is just running so well and could go the distance with that book but I doubt it gets into the 20s. It would be a complete dream for me to see the new Shade have the same kind of breathing room and flexibility as the original series.

>Also, insane martial artists
>And evil priests
>Can't forget the killer clowns
>Our Mayor, was elected by a Tornado.

OP's a faggot.

The DC catalog didn't have a volume number next to Changing Woman so it's probably just a 6 issue mini

I mean, they are the ones who tend to kick his ass. He just mows through the mooks. This QQ stuff is interesting in how little Vic has moved on desu. It's pretty much the same Hub City routine, sans Hub City.

You'll have to explain yourself, user-chan. Because timeskips are pure shit, an awful lazy device used in writing. I also don't like the extended use of Rac, use your own shit.

come on captcha you ignorant slut

Attached: thequestionquarterly#002-16.jpg (633x978, 126K)

Jimenez is proof that artists shouldn't write

Attached: thequestionquarterly#002-17.jpg (675x986, 98K)

How can you use your own shit entirely in a series which has used Rac Shade as a touchstone from the start? And what do you want to have seen in the time we've skipped? We moved over to a new focus rather than lingering, to me.

Yeah I know, which is shit. StCW was I thought visually a total knock-out. I'm on board for the duration however long it is.

he's a nice guy but damn, he has some weird ideas about women

Attached: thequestionquarterly#002-18.jpg (675x970, 126K)

You're proof that parents should consider abortion more seriously.

I'm numb to all current events.

that's a fair approach

Attached: thequestionquarterly#002-19.jpg (662x974, 102K)

>I think the title is a Neil Adams reference.
If anything, it's a reference to Starlin's Cosmic Odyssey, especially with Darkseid working with the Justice League.

>I also don't like the extended use of Rac, use your own shit.
The last series had Rac dealing with the previous host of the M-Vest as well. This isn't new, which is a fault, but it makes sense with established rules.

I like him because I like the idea of Diana having the same jungle fever her mother does.
But I also kinda don't like him because he's a straight male who TURNED DOWN WONDER WOMAN.

>Cosmic Odyssey
Wasn't that shit?

Clashing magic systems are an opening to storytelling. Exploring how the disparate forces mesh kinda writes itself.

>Also fuck Wonder Woman, stop trying to push her as a magic character.
... user. She's literally a demigod. With magical abilities and enchanted items. You wot?

He doesn't have to constantly appear though. He appeared in that one issue in more panels and had more dialogue than in the previous 12. He can be a lingering presence but tehre's no need to keep forcing the character in the damn book considering his tale is done and Loma is just infatuated with Rac, not related or childhood friends or something.
The pacing on the first series was great because it didn't linger on moments but it also meant that there was plenty of stuff that you could've done with that set up. Timeskips are just plain awful and lazy.

Yes, but idiots (read: most comic book writers) think it was great.

Attached: thequestionquarterly#002-20.jpg (662x1024, 124K)

She's a stupid flying bricks with swords and shields. She's not magic, she's as magic as Superman is.

Can Wonder Woman shoot magic lasers out of her hands? No? Check-fucking-mate.

Attached: thequestionquarterly#002-21.jpg (666x974, 96K)