Did she have a good run?

Did she have a good run?

Attached: 300445da06cfb95c6f4db81e6063d49a.jpg (825x814, 104K)

No, because she didn't inflate into a balloon

Thanks to you guys I bought a copy of her comic and ended up preordering her Mafex. Guess I have to go back and buy all the trades.

She was always shit and the people that liked her were shit. Marvel is better now that she’s in the trashcan. I can’t wait for her to die in the next big crossover.

It's canon that she lives on in fanfiction. You know what to do.

>There are genuine fuckers who think Gwenpool was the only good comic in recent years
Gas all secondaries

Yes....yessssss

I like Moon Girl as long as chink Hulk isn't shitting up the book.

Actually is regular Hulk back yet?

>Actually is regular Hulk back yet?

Sort of. Ewing is doing something with him. I'm not sure how he's back, but it's some sort of interdimensional ass pull.,

It had a good start, meh middle, great end.
My man.

>Did she have a good run?
Like a paraplegic.

yes. Chris Hastings suggesting in the final letter that her canon reason for being flung into the marvel universe was due to all the RL cosplays and general support for that gwenpoole variant cover was kinda fucked.

I hope she makes a cameo with whatever Gurihiru does next for Marvel.

Yes.

Each episode following the female NEET and her pals from Marvel Universe as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the bright, anime-esque imagery the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of story telling, all to make comics unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Marvel vetoed the idea of a non webcomic writer writing the series; they made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Gwenpool ongoing might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-Animal Man series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the art was good though r-right

"No!"

The art is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I saw, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the characters instead stretched their legs stagnantly. These people are literally Nips except rejected by other Nips

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that scene was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Hasting's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Gwenpool by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Gwenpool at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Gwenpool" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

She tried to, but was ultimately killed by Dr. McNinja guy's usual weaknesses (inability to pick a tone and stick with it, inability to pick a personality for the MC and stick with it, inability to have consistent power levels or abilities for anything) and most importantly the fact that she was called Gwenpool. I can't overstate how bad that name was for her. EVERYONE thought and still thinks she's "Gwen Stacy as Deadpool". The character she actually is is legitimately kind of endearing and unique but everybody just fucking thinks she's some different thing entirely.

Art was great and I hope Gurihiru gets tons of more work. For starters, I'd like to see them fire whoever the fuck is doing Squirrel Girl and replace them with Gurihiru.

Definitely. Better than we ever really expected.

She'll be back in crossovers

Attached: 1500413055045.jpg (1724x1810, 488K)

Hastings is a webcomic writer

She was waifu bait trash. Nothing of value was lost.

To me gurihiru gwenpool is the cutest marvel girl.

Attached: DZBUUMAU8AAw1wj.jpg (812x1113, 221K)

Is this pasta originally written for something else and repurposed? It reads weird.

>waifu bait

I literally don't understand people who use this insult. It basically means "she was trying to be a lovable female character". How the fuck is that a bad thing, instead of something that should be the norm?

yes.

Go on /lit/ or Sup Forums and start a Harry Potter thread.

Amadeus is Korean

idgaf, Amadeus is a trash obnoxious character that is forced into every comic.

Is it true that this comic has the only time Batroc mentioned the time Deadpool killed his daughter in a single page gag?

I think it was taskmaster my man

I don't care if you're trolling or not, but I sincerely wish for you to have a painful, embarassing death.

So who's the ideal actress to play her in the inevitable film?

You know - someone who'd look cute and curvy in a form fitting bodysuit

Attached: 1156127940-guildo-horn.9[1].jpg (475x356, 42K)

Ha, it would be cute if she was just running around and popping up in the page gutters. No explanation, just *there*.

25 issues and 5 volumes. Not terrible for a brand new character.

>tfw not even Guildo loves me

Attached: ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fa.scpr.org%2Fi%2Fd0bbbb3ec1a6cf86090c6fe2d9128082%2F141881-full.jpg&f=1.jpg (693x448, 73K)

It was fun. I think Marvel kinda forgot it was okay to just be fun, but Gwen did it anyway.

Attached: HappyGwen.jpg (537x879, 44K)

Yeah, but it was her assets that I liked most of all.

Attached: 1519822547996.jpg (1988x3056, 1.27M)

>I'm not sure how he's back
Contest of Champs Cosmic power.

>The character she actually is is legitimately kind of endearing and unique

The problem of the book is that she was the oposite, boring and bland.

Its a book that calls for creativity and wacky scenarios and yet everything is just generic and unispired.

For example they have a DnD parody in one issue or maybe two and all they did with it were was to give us generic action scenes and not impressive looking either.

>"she was trying to be a lovable female character". How the fuck is that a bad thing

Because you can't force that shit and when you do the character just feels annoying as fuck

>curvy

Gwenpool doesn't have ass nor tits.

Just take a look at this un-sexy shit.

You need to get your eyes checked

TFW even Vamp-Harley is more popular than Gwenpool.

Attached: 1516201041202.jpg (1280x1968, 389K)

>The art is dreadful

This, the action scenes sucked despite being drawn by two japs.

>draw a girl with weeb face
>thousands of autists immediately latch onto comic
I guess.

vamp harley didn't look anything in the actual book like she was there, wasn't even sentient

i never thought i'd miss the old team

I overlooked this somehow.
Are they targeting the weeb audience or the people who grew up with anime already replaced the old generation of comic artists?

I hope she stays in her own universe

First time I've enjoyed Marvel since I read Nuzlocke's edits, so yeah sure.

You didn't hear it from me, but Gwen will be in this one-off "comic book" that you can color. The idea is that you "join" Gwen on an adventure: she talks you through scenes and asks you to help her fight bad guys by drawing. So you'll be going up against Teuthidans in one part, and she'll ask you to draw something to fight them. You can give Gwen a sword or a dildo or whatever, and she'll thank you for it.

Gwen's costume will be altered to give her Lara Croft shorts, her boots will be made bigger.

It won't be written by Hastings. He's doing a Regular Show comic anyway, so go read that instead.

it was a series meant to target cosplay girls who read comics, so no one bought it

At least with crap like America that was so bad is good, we got a laugh.

Gwenpool was so bland that is barely worth talking about.

>Did she have a good run?
If she did, she wouldn’t have had her series shitcanned.

Attached: 0E0D41AF-8807-4719-BB4C-D3E2B355FEC2.gif (128x128, 10K)

there were a couple of good arcs, one of the was really good. but overall it was inconsistent and overly reliant on "cuteness"

Attached: 1472529403308.jpg (196x235, 55K)

And people think that Gurihiru does't have a same face problem.

>If she did, she wouldn’t have had her series shitcanned.

That is not fair. many good books have been shitcanned based on sales.

But Gwenpool was not good.

Hey its that one asshole with a hate boner for Gwenpool

nu-nova getting canceled just when it was getting good hurts
it was good by modern marvel standards.

>it was good by modern marvel standards.

It was not, it was among the nu-marvel trash books like Hellcat, Angela, Squirrel Girl, America, etc.

there is no way you can say that, if you actually read it
you are comparing a char driven book with actual stakes (for the char, her existence being in jeopardy) to thinly veiled propaganda outlets

Gwenpool solo vidya game when?

Attached: 1478030234726.jpg (922x1400, 232K)

>you are comparing a char driven book with actual stakes (for the char, her existence being in jeopardy)

You can argue that even trash like America had stakes.

That doesn't make the comic book, the writting was bland, the characters one note and the MC terrible boring.

Some of the nu-marvel books suck because of the SJW propaganda and some of them suck because they are poorly written in general, Gwenpool is one of those.

>being this retarded
Sad.

This is how we trigger Gwenpool fags to no end: If the comic is that good, then post a good page from it.

Frog Fractions 3

That user is right, the book was trash and for a comedic book it was NOT FUNNY at all.
Post a funny page from it if that's not the case.
I bet all the humor is cringey unfunny bullshit.

Another thing that people disliked about Gwenpool threads is the obvious same fagging.

This, at least post some highlights to see if the comic was actually ''better compared to most of current marvel'' like Gwenpool fags keep saying.

Gwenpool fags sperging about how impossible is to post a good page from the trash book in 3....2....1...

i dont think youve given it a honest read if you are so sure it was bland. some of it sure was, im not calling it a great run by any means, but it had some good arcs with high points (the family subplot one and the one where she rejects her future self)
for a good couple of months last year it was actually the best thing marvel was putting out

this page was pretty good, but you can pick more stuff from issue 16-18 and find maybe better ones

Attached: RCO022 (1).jpg (1041x1600, 410K)

Why would she slip out of her shoes to make a photo that doesn't even include her feet?

>anti-gwenfag is STILL going 6 months later

amazing display of autism honestly

it was funny if you got what it was making fun of.
gwenpool herself is not supposed to be funny, she is kind of cringy

Attached: RCO016.jpg (1041x1600, 455K)

>this page was pretty good

What's good about this? The artwork is pretty bland and is a pretty generic ''breaking the fourth wall trope''.

I asked for a GOOD page.>i dont think youve given it a honest read if you are so sure it was bland.

Everything was bland.

The action was boring, it was just generic people kinda sorta punching people and most of the time the action only lasted like a page, without even attempting to not draw generic shit.

The humor was basically having Gwen say ''quirky'' shit and nothing more.

And the plotlines were bland as bland can get: Gwenpool as to train!! But let's not make it fun, creative or anything, we just kinda state that is something that she did.
Gwenpool meets Miles Morales! And they just kinda fight with a bad guy while not doing anything interesting about it, just a couple of fight scenes and that's it.
Gwenpool meets Whore! And they just kinda fight for an issue and that's it.
Gwenpool has a Dungeons and Dragons adventure! And then characters just kinda sorta fight for an issue and that's it.
Gwenpool meets Deadpool! And then they kinda sorta fight for like 3 pages and that's it.

>gwenpool herself is not supposed to be funny
le ''is shit on purpose'' defense.

In-Universe she might be just cringey, but for us, the audience, the book and characters must be actually fun.

also in that page: no ass alloooooowwwwed.

the composition and drawing is good, more importantly is great storytelling. it sets the plot on clear course for the next arc while leaving you on a cliffhanger

>bland
>boring
you are using so much these 2 words it sounds like you are using them as filler. its fine to not like something, but if you want to call something objectively bad you need to make arguments that dont include them

>The humor was basically having Gwen say ''quirky'' shit and nothing more.
the humor wasnt about gwen. if you think it was you didnt read it

Attached: RCO011.jpg (1041x1600, 495K)

>the book and characters must be actually fun.
i dont believe she was meant to be likeable in anything more than superficial way
there is a reason she is established as being a pathetic neet

Attached: RCO016_1496245337.jpg (1041x1600, 484K)

>the composition and drawing is good

Is average at best.

Now this shit is good composition, a striking image that makes you want to read the rest of the book.

>i dont believe she was meant to be likeable in anything more than superficial way

You can keep using the ''is bad on purpose'' excuse all you want but the writter is clearly trying to make her likeable.

And failing.

Even shit heads like Butch from The Boys can be likeable.

>there is a reason she is established as being a pathetic neet

Sorry but, no, that shit was meant to be like some deep dramatic moment, not a ''look how much on the wrong Gwenpool is!''

Attached: 1401810598476.jpg (900x1367, 187K)

I think that you are confusing ''adding a ton of shit on the page'' with ''good artwork and composition''.

Basically good composition helps you to tell a story better using images while all that shit on the Gwenpool page just doesn't make any sense, you can't see it while saying to yourself ''clearly this is what is going on here!''

Attached: 1465974564825.jpg (3975x3056, 3.92M)

>Is average at best.
lets say it is. that doesnt detract from my point of gwenpool being good for current marvel. mid-2017 most of what being published was from terrible to unreadable
>You can keep using the ''is bad on purpose'' excuse all you want but the writter is clearly trying to make her likeable.
>Sorry but, no, that shit was meant to be like some deep dramatic moment, not a ''look how much on the wrong Gwenpool is!''
1. i never used any "its bad on purpose argument"
2. that issue spends most of its time making sure we know gwenpool's family is actually supportive and love her, and its hard to not agree with the dad when they argue. yes its a deep moment, but for different reasons

>I like Moon Girl as long as chink Hulk isn't shitting up the book.
Too bad Marvel has essentially relegated him to being in Moon Girl as a major supporting character

>that doesnt detract from my point of gwenpool being good for current marvel. mid-2017 most of what being published was from terrible to unreadable

Having a good looking page doesn't mean that the book is not shit all of a sudden.

America and Squirrel Girl have good looking pages too and those books are shit.

And hell, Gwenpool loses points because they keep using the same ''white background with comic book pages'' shit again and again

>1. i never used any "its bad on purpose argument"

Yes you did
>Gwenpool is unfunny as fuck
>You: She is meant to be unfunny.

Attached: 128ef07d0d027b96d6b32e3e28cda20b.jpg (564x874, 144K)

the storytelling is quite good but its part of a sequence and the plot is a bit meta, so being familiar with those tropes makes it very easy to follow

>the storytelling is quite good

>Gwenpool as to train!! But let's not make it fun, creative or anything, we just kinda state that is something that she did.
>Gwenpool meets Miles Morales! And they just kinda fight with a bad guy while not doing anything interesting about it, just a couple of fight scenes and that's it.
>Gwenpool meets Whore! And they just kinda fight for an issue and that's it.
>Gwenpool has a Dungeons and Dragons adventure! And then characters just kinda sorta fight for an issue and that's it.
>Gwenpool meets Deadpool! And then they kinda sorta fight for like 3 pages and that's it.

Oh, wait, I forgot, sometimes Gwenpool makes this face '' :( '' so good writting of course.

>and the plot is a bit meta, so being familiar with those tropes makes it very easy to follow

Oh my god, stop, the comic is not about comic book tropes at all.

The comic sometimes points out ''lol, this is just like a comic book! Comic book bad guys usually act like this!''

Read a REAL meta story and you can see how different and actually creative and thought provoking those stories can get

Attached: 2014-11-19-07-24-46-The-Multiversity-Pax-Americana-2014-001-0131.jpg (630x488, 137K)

>And hell, Gwenpool loses points because they keep using the same ''white background with comic book pages'' shit again and again
this is why i doubt you ever read it. since that thing was used heavily for 2 arcs since issue 17 then only sparingly for the 2 issues left over in the series

>Yes you did
no. i said she is just not meant to be funny, but cringy. she fails are everything she sets out to do, with her only good moments being due to plot armor. To me it seems pretty obvious what the writer wanted us to get from her

she was too weeb for american comic fans

anyone like her wont ever come into existence in marvel comics

>user forgets what superhero comics are mostly like and is dissapointed when he reads one
its easy to play that game user

i never said the plot is about "comic book tropes"
i said the comic was about meta shit, because editorial mandates are meta shit, and the char was created solely out of editorial command and that was allegorized as a someone who isnt sure if she should exist

Oh boy, It is another one of those Anti-gwenpoole "I HATE THIS and you should hate it too. And fuck you for liking it" threads

Is he using the same arguments?

Attached: oops.gif (461x251, 1.27M)

i think its people who never read it and are buttmad at it due to twitter drama with the editors

she was hated by both sides of sjws who hated cute anime styles and alt-rights who joined comics gate

she had no luck

>comics gate

Stop calling that. God, any "X-gate" is a fucking time waster.

i intensely dislike sjws but cc has such a shitty taste. i cant stomach most of their meme recommends

Well, if she returns, she will probably repress a lot of memories.

How old was Gwen again?

Either 18 or 19. She didn't finish high school, but her friends her own age have graduated. Deadpool refers to her as a "teenage girl", so she has to be less than 20.

>le quirky selfie NEET girl
why do people like this comics? It fucking sucked.

Attached: 1519378804460.jpg (600x520, 53K)

No one liked the book. Waifufags gonna waifufag.

She is not even sexy, how can she be anyone's wiafu is beyond me.

This is bait, but I don't mind taking it and making a case in Gwenpool's favor:

>>Gwenpool meets Whore! And they just kinda fight for an issue and that's it.
This arc establishes Gwen's relative power-level in the Marvel Universe and also acknowledges her meta-knowledge and how potentially dangerous it could be. She calls Whor "Jane" in a moment of panic, almost gets blasted for it, and spends the rest of the issue worried about her place in the Marvel Universe. pic related.
I also enjoyed the issue with her finally meeting Deadpool and I'd argue that that what makes that issue stand out for me it how it runs along the same themes. Where Gwen won the initial fight against Deadpool by essentially "knowing" that she was the Hero in her own Comic Book, and thus able to pull off upsets whenever the plot requires, Deadpool flipped the script and had her at his mercy by reminding her that, even if she has "her own book," he is a much more popular character with even more plot-armor than she has. I found this to be a really clever way to do a meta-battle -- if you want to claim the ending, with her talking Deadpool down, is a bit anticlimactic I can't argue there, that's subjective, but their meeting had a point and an impact beyond "they just kinda sorta fight for like 3 pages and that's it." It not only finally lets Gwen meet her "inspiration," but also reminds us how vulnerable Gwen is even within the Meta-Narrative.
And, of course, sometimes the point can be as simple as "having fun." The whole DnD adventure was an excuse for her to get her band back together, and it fun with the DnD decorations that were hung on the story. And you can not have fun if you feel that way, but I had fun with the comic and found it clever and I'd hope that others can have fun with it and find it clever as well, if they give it a chance.

Attached: gwenpool.jpg (394x682, 108K)