Why is disney so popular? Forgetting that theyve ruined two major franchises...

Why is disney so popular? Forgetting that theyve ruined two major franchises, all of their supposed “classic” movies are either gay little girl princess films, or musical after musical of the same kind of cringey and annoying lyrics and melodies. I just dont see how a studio thats made nothing of value gets so much adoration.

Attached: 3C4D9880-3CCA-4473-B013-79749B88DDCB.jpg (400x457, 113K)

Disney started full length animated features, and pioneered the cartoon musical to the point where it has a near monopoly on it.
They've changed enough US laws to avoid any real competition, and have targeted children so successfully that they've become part of nearly 90 years of Western Culture's childhoods.

Also, the Duck Family comics.

But cartoon musicals were never good, and nobody has given a shit about disney princess for years before that CGI abomination frozen

I think I know who's behind this tread.

Attached: $_3.jpg (500x379, 49K)

Merch, user, merch. The princess stayed relevant by slapping them on anything you could sell to little girl's parents.

>Merch, user, merch. The princess stayed relevant by slapping them on anything you could sell to little girl's parents.
But whats the point if no little girls liked the characters to begin with? And why do they feel they must never break away from their safe and restrained company image and never do anything new or pushes the envelope, to the point theyve gentrified things they buy like star wars to have the same bland wholesomeness and refusal to do or show anything too violent or scary, and also to center around women just like all their other films even though star wars was never about that?

>they've ruined it because I don't like it
Try again
Chances are it was never that good to begin with and chances are that changing it to appeal to today's demographic changes nothing that was intrinsic to the original

How do you ruin something that was never good to begin with?

Because they realize that you don't make money by pandering to edgy incels?

>center around women
Why didn’t you just start off with this instead of your fucking around?
Disney doesn’t care about you or your insecurities, and they won’t make money ‘pandering’ to you.

“Stop liking what I don’t like” ... The Thread

They missed the point of the franchises and filled ot with bad writing, fuck you for trying to being “muh subjective” into this
>things
And pissing off real fans and then pandering to people who dont like the series sells way better, right? Also, way to show you are a sexist misandrist by saying incel out of nowhere.

By ignoring people like me its garnered them a strong hatebase, and i am right to tell you to stop liking something that is objectively bad.

the point of a franchise is to make money
If you can name a franchise that disney ruined that didn't try to sell toys to kids before disney acquired them, I'll submit

Your opinion is not fact

>muh subjectivity
Its the same stupid plot again and again, you can scream its subjective all you want but when most people above the age of ten think your princess movies are overrated the its time to accept that youre wrong
How is scaring away your customers a good tactic to sell more merch?

>I only form my opinions based on what people on youtube tell me to think
>fuck actually watching the movies for myself

Why do you dumbassess always make assumptions like that and then out yourselves as retards? Ive seen most of disneys essential films, and i think they are all mediocre or downright awful.

They aren't scaring away their customers
You're not in their targeted demographic

They aren't taking over this franchise so they can sell more stuff to you
They're taking over this franchise so they can sell more stuff to their fans

You don't have to like it. You aren't the type of person who would. You aren't the type of person who they made it for. You aren't in the demographic

And finally, Chances are it was never that good to begin with and chances are that changing it to appeal to today's demographic changes nothing that was intrinsic to the original

They bought the franchise so they could appeal to the original fans, catering to disney brats is going to bankrupt the franchise and i will laugh when they inevitably fail.

>They bought the franchise so they could appeal to the original fans
That's not sound business strategy nor does it sound like what they've actually been doing
The movies are successful user, just not favorable with the original fans
Using basic common sense, you should be able to figure out that the old fans aren't the ones they are trying to market to
Does it make more sense to pander to an older, less flexible crowd or a younger crowd that they can pander to for a much longer time?

user you and all the contrarians are being retarded. If you think the movies are bad, fine, but Disney isn't going to "bankrupt the franchise", not that that's even a thing that can happen when the franchise isn't owned by itself

The new fans that are kids rn for the most part prefer the old movies, maybe you dont know this but outside your commune in california most people hate feminism and characters like rey. The merch sells poorly and the movies underperform and solo is expected to bomb, but keep telling yourself its a success and ignore the outside world like youve done for clearly your entire existence.

You see... the thing about Capitalism is... success sells.

Once you get power above a certain level, then people just go with the flow and give you their dough.

The best trick, though, is to con the people who think they are "in the know" to give you their dough and shout "zero" at those who they think are below (those who say, "woh, this shit is shit, don't you know.")

Disney is Elsagate writ large, Elsagate on steroids, Elsagate on LSD. And you is all the little children dreaming about your poison injections and gender ree-assignments.

Yahweh bless us all.

Attached: just say no.jpg (400x490, 56K)

>it’s a thinly disguised the last jedi thread

>You see... the thing about Capitalism is... success sells.
But my whole point is that their movies are horrible and hated, so they arent success
>Yahweh bless us all.
Okay quit this, this has nothing to do with the thread and if you want to spread this shit start a neverending story orincess thread on Sup Forums

I was trying to avoid this and ask purely why they were popular in the first place, but it seems you cant bring up the company at all anymore without the conversation veering off to star wars.

>pandering to people who dont like the series sells way better, right?
Yes, exactly.

>But my whole point is that their movies are horrible and hated,
By you.
You don't matter. You're just pissing in the wind and trying to convince people you do.

Dont twist my sarcasm, dumb faggot. You know for a fact it fails and doesnt work. They have no right to ruin the series to pander to some mouth breathing thick timmed glasses 200 pound tumblr dyke.

And you are flailing like a little bitch and whining because i, and most other people, hate your princess cartoons, and the only argument you can come up with is “durr its subjective” because youre too stupid to admit that that is a terrible argument when most people agree they are bad so it really isnt subjective anymore.

>and most other people
Disney's bank accounts say otherwise.

>Disney's bank accounts say otherwise.
Is that why movies like wrinkle in time and TLJ failed, mouse shill?

Because they're shit properties.

If you're going to be a cunt about it, then yes your opinions on Disney are bait teir shit.

Attached: 1305501769210.jpg (349x360, 91K)

If you wanted a Marvel discussion, you would have made a Marvel thread. If you wanted a Frozen hate thread you would have made a Frozen hate thread. The Disney Renassance is not really a meaningful Sup Forums hate sink.

Hiding non-Sup Forums content (aka Sup Forums overflow) is the only reason you’d make a thread this vague OP.

>Zootopia
>The Jungle Book
>Captain America: Civil War
>Finding Dory
>Doctor Strange
>Rogue One

All of these are recent Disney movies and every one of them has made over $600 million each. Cherry-picking two movies that didn't do as well does not prove anything. Their process obviously works, whether you like it or not.

Cunts are literally his problem though.

>And pissing off real fans and then pandering to people who dont like the series sells way better, right?

Aaah, there it is. I knew this thread was gonna have a bunch of butt-hurt fanboys in it complaining about Disney's purchases.
There's more to life than this, guys. Now c'mon and insult me back, I know you're gonna do it. It won't bring Marvel/Star Wars back to the way you want it, though.

That image proves my point that disney fans are very stupid and are the same type to belong to a group of cliquish airheads who drink starbucks and instagram all of their meals
All of those movies were shit and people are starting to not to fall for the hype disney makes again and again. They are ruining their name brand just like they did in the 2000s, and their failure is delicious.
Constant failures in not making money will bring it back though, you cock sucking mentally stunted mouse worshipper.

The fuck do you man bunch? This is just one angry incel that shows up every few days to cry about how there's girls in his precious space opera that's been trash since the 80s.

yeah they're getting their asses kicked

Attached: top movies.png (365x316, 9K)

>cliquish airheads who drink starbucks and instagram all of their meals
>their failure is delicious.
>you cock sucking mentally stunted mouse worshipper.

All finished with your middle school homework for the weekend yet, sport?

>and people are starting to not to fall for the hype disney makes again and again.
Black Panther broke 600 million domestically
Infinity War preorders make it clear that it will make that total smalltime.
What's your basis for "people no longer falling for the hype"?

Attached: intredasting.jpg (685x567, 51K)

>All of those movies were shit
You can personally hate them all you want, but over $600 million per movie is anything but a failure.

How progressive of you to use a sexist insult and to belittle and ignore my whole argument because i didnt like your feminist fan fiction, stupid bitch
U N D E R P E R F O R M E D
>ill call him underage that will totally make up for a lack of an argument
Solo is going to be a failure and so will infinity war once it turns out to be horribly written, you fucking retard.

>What's your basis for "people no longer falling for the hype"?
If this is anything like his other threads he'll talk about how nobody's buying Rey action figures. Which of course ignores the fact that nobody buys action figures of any character or any franchise any more because kids are more about phone apps these days than easily broken plastic shit. Because rather than admit that technology has progressed or tastes have changed, the problem has to be girls and sjws.

What is underperformance, moronic shill

Last year's domestic grosses.
Note the number of films each studio released that year.
Black Panther is already over 1/4 of their entire domestic take, and Infinity War is trending towards blowing that out of the water.

And they have another MCU film, and two major animated pictures yet to released, and a goddamn Star Wars movie.

Yeah, autistic hate is really killing Disney.

Attached: 2017 studio domestic.jpg (618x419, 59K)

>tfw you're so successful a movie breaking into the top 10 highest box office performers is a failure

i'm scared to see what a win looks like

>What is underperformance, moronic shill

Ooooh!
OOOOH!
I know this one!
Pick me!

Attached: Justice Leagie.jpg (660x728, 138K)

>its all just one person
How does it feel to be so much of a fucking loser that you have to say that all the hatred you get is from one person. Also toys still sell, its because the movie was bad you fucking dumbass.

Is this why movies have had their lowest ticket sales in years, disney must be making cinema so succesful then. And justice league was ruined by that balding cuck whedon.

>you fucking retard.
Oh, so you're a middle schooler from 2005 now?
Lack of an argument? Everybody else in this thread is already proving you wrong. Disney is making huge bank off of these films right now. The hype has not stopped.
Solo is gonna be shit though, you're right.

I thought kids bought the vinyl pop statuette thingies nowadays?
But yeah, no one buys those little 4" figures but shut-ins.

>. Also toys still sell,
Toys R Us literally went out of business last week.

Disney isn't obligated to save movie theaters, they are obligated to sell tickets to their own movies.

Again, proving how much you are a fucking retard even more. Bain capital put all their debt onto TRU.

>somebody critize the non-MCU disney films
>Y-YOU ARE A DC SHILL!!!
disney fanboys are the worst

pop statues aren't action figures. their lack of posability precludes the "action" part.

And because their movies are so bad and only appeal to a niche its killing theaters, see how that works?

That's more attributable to Wal-Mart and Amazon than to anything else.

Bain?

Attached: CIA GUY.jpg (343x357, 25K)

No, WB was the studio with the theater killings.

Attached: Duh Joker.jpg (400x225, 17K)

You faggot shill, you havent proved anything but acted like an immature baby and screaming that someone doesnt worship walt, if anything ive BTFO you for the fact that you have no argument beyond screaming underage

goddamn look at those numbers, painful.

Attached: huge change.png (604x242, 18K)

People including children still do buy toys to some degree and the sales of Star Wars toys around before and after TLJ was released did seem to decline due to what toys were offered for sale and the perception of some people regarding the movie. Lego toys and other crap for many Marvel movies probably wouldn't keep getting made to some degree if toy sales were super awful.

I'm more upset they ruin every company they buy.

remember when Pixar was good?

Attached: BORG.jpg (450x338, 66K)

>Their movies are breaking weekly sales records, see how that kills theaters?
No, frankly I do not.
Care to elaborate?

Attached: Bloomberg Run.png (500x389, 230K)

TLJ underperformed and is the most hated movie besides birth of a nation now, and nothing you can say can stop that. Black panther did well because it was actually good because disney was too afraid to be called racist and interfere and ruin the movie by censoring all the blood and themes to make it for their formula drinking baby audience.

>and is the most hated movie besides birth of a nation now
You've clearly been inhaling too many of your own farts.

Attached: terrance.jpg (320x240, 56K)

Disney is keeping the movie theater industry going in the USA by making movies that get good critic reviews and that many people bother to go out to see in movie theaters.

>interfere and ruin the movie by censoring all the blood
Yeah, we all remember all the gore in Black Panther. Horrifying.

>what is inflation making it seem more tickets are sold when they just cost more
Also one or two marvel films that make less and less money each year arent helping theateres. I cant wait till the superhero movie fad dies down and disney falls into bankruptcy because people are sick of seeing quiptron and spiderman lecture about slavery.

Oh yeah, paid reviews that the actual audiance score rarely disagrees with. You must be really stupid if you think the movie critic industry isnt corrupt beyond any type of reputability now.

>what is inflation making it seem more tickets are sold when they just cost more
Not an issue?

You cannot tell me that the fights in it werent more brutal and better performed then anything in say AOU or ant man

Yeah, I too am more likely to agree with one star audience scores that get posted 24 hours before a film releases than with actual critics with reputations.

The argument:
>you haven't proved anything
>immature baby
>lacking incredibly basic writing skills
...I'm starting to wonder if you don't know why I'm calling you a middle schooler.

And walts zombie semen from sucking his cock mustve made you blind if you cant see an obvious fact as what i stated.
Its an issue because faggots like you act like it means more people say and paid for a film then they actually did

Hulk vs Veronica stands up against anything in Black Panther, Ultron was just a robutt.
Ant-Man was going for comedy, but Yellowjacket getting particle-crushed was more brutal than anything that happened in BP.

also Klaw lost his hand in AoU

>before a film releases than with actual critics with reputations.
You mean the same reputations that say a film is bad because it is appropriating culture or has scary guns in it?
Ive proven that disney faggots are insufferable assholes who argue over pedantics that have nothing to do with an argument like writing being wrong when my spelling has been perfect, so that also makes them liars too.

Yeah forgot that bit.
BP was relatively tame on the scale of brutal MCU movies.

Actually, I'm pretty sure it's the former by now.

Attached: Not sure.jpg (604x453, 42K)

Theirs actual blood in many of the fights, something most MCUfilms lack surprisingly. Anyways BP was better then most of marvels output for many reasons too.

I'm no shill, let me tell ya. I just know when to call someone out for bullshit. I'm not gonna ignore the fact that Disney makes mistakes. For the record, I thought Black Panther was pretty mediocre, but look at that gross, my man, clearly Disney ain't falling apart yet.

I am judging your argument based on how you are presenting yourself, and right now, you're presenting yourself as an assblasted child. Construct your argument in a manner where I may be able to take it slightly seriously, and then we'll have a real discussion.
>walts zombie semen from sucking his cock
Are kids your age still playing with fidget spinners or is that fad over?

Constantly shouting underage or troll as the only argument only means you are projecting youre own underageness, or are just too stupid to come up with any other argument or thing to add.

>I'm no shill, let me tell ya.
Then stop defending them, and stop trying to dismiss me and my points by ignoring them and only typing “underage underage underage” again and again, why dont you actuallly try to converse with me then.

>Constantly shouting faggot or shill as the only argument only means you are projecting youre own underageness, or are just too stupid to come up with any other argument or thing to add.

Iron Man has literal open heart surgery in a cave
Hulk has Blonky reduced to a shattered mess in a hospital, getting serum painfully injected into his spine
BP has an agent get a gun wound from a 50's cowboy movie that gets cured with CGI magic.

Ive said other things then faggot or shill. Im saying your company only makes horrible movies and ruins other movies with its politics that it feels the need to shove into everything they own. Its beyond me why anyone here would willingly defend the nazis of entertainment.

>why dont you actuallly try to converse with me then
Why don't you try to present your argument in a less childish manner?
You want a real conversation? Stop calling everyone who opposes you a retard or a faggot. I know this is Sup Forums, but everyone hates a whining, complaining fanboy on either side.

>Iron Man has literal open heart surgery in a cave
>Hulk has Blonky reduced to a shattered mess in a hospital, getting serum painfully injected into his spine
All made before disney bought out marvel and cucked them

But user, his half of the "conversation" is calling you a sperm sucking faggot. Your part is supposed to be bowing to how intellectually superior this makes him.

Oh, so you ignore my points because you get triggered by when i add faggot at the end decided to zone out what I said. Figures a safe space living in pussy like you would defend disney here.

>my counter-argument is KEKED
Those were just the first two MCU films, Avengers has roughly the same amount of bodily injury as the PG violence level BP movie.

Fine you little bitch, i think disney makes overrated movies and i made this thread to ask why they were popular. And of course you religiously fanatical disney fags had to REEEE and shit it up because not everyone worships disney and that makes you irrationally angry. The devolving into shitposting is all your fault, dont try to lay the blame on me.

When will the MODS wake up and delete this shithead and his thread?
Does reporting not alert them anymore?
I'll take a decent Ban along with him, I don't fucking care.

Attached: Behold.png (355x408, 210K)

Avengers had less violence the BP, funny how you are so determined to go against me that you are now insulting disney by pointing out how much theyve juvenilized the movies with how little violence they have in them now.

>PEOPLE POSSING ON MICKEY ANGERS ME HE SHOULD BE BANNED REEEEEE
This isnt twitter were someone gets permabanned for making fun of jj abrams