Black Panther was a success, user! Quick...

Black Panther was a success, user! Quick, we must strike while the iron is hot! What black hero(that isn’t Static) can we make a movie of so we can make billions!?

Attached: E5705D40-D32C-4E1C-9509-4E9509ADA3BF.png (1200x1200, 62K)

John Stewart.

Marvel's Blacks>DC's Blacks

Red Lion

Steel, but make it good this time.

That’s easy, John Stewart Green Lantern.

literally the only one who has a ghost of a chance

Teenage Negro Ninja THRASHERS

Make the Flash movie be about Wally West, but the black one, not the ginger no one likes

DC clearly has no intention of reminding people of the Hal Jordan movie.

Steel has his origins tied to Superman. They would need to make an actuallly good Supes movie first,

Vixen

Attached: Vixen DCAU.jpg (800x1327, 108K)

>that isn’t Static
>make billions!?
The movie isn’t going to make billions if it isn’t Static. He’s one of the popular and most well known black superhero.

I've got a terrific idea

Attached: Mister_Terrific_Michael_Holt_0001.jpg (800x1262, 55K)

Static, fuck you

Icon.

Attached: EDF4AF22-0D5F-42E9-BF33-C3E0B256299B.jpg (500x790, 119K)

You could easily make it with a cameo from Supes saving him and saying “Make it count” to inspire him. You don’t need anything else

I can totally see a Mr. Terrific movie working if it's handled well. It would definitely appeal to people the same way Black Panther did.

This.

Attached: steel driver.png (734x348, 571K)

It would be cool to see a Bumblebee movie but she’s mostly on team books so she doesn’t have much for her.

Attached: 5DB8D574-1BCB-4E90-B567-4FAA032CF016.jpg (218x450, 25K)

>DC/WB
>handling any movie well

It’s depressing how she is always on a team book and barely ever used. If they ever make an Atom solo she would make a great character to play with there

DC's whites>>>>Marvel's blacks

"Bronze Tiger and the Suicide Squad", starring Bronze Tiger as the new leader of the Suicide Squad.

Attached: Bronze Tiger.png (400x608, 644K)

Why bother if Will Smith is already Deadshot

Static

A movie starring 2 persons-of-color will make twice as much as a movie starring 1 person-of-color, prove me wrong.

Croc is black, kinda

Will Smith doesn't count as black.

Body switch story with a white Bronze Tiger played by Walt Goggins.

Walt plays Deadshot stuck in a white body while Will plays Bronze Tiger stuck in a black man's body.

I don't care at all about DC to be honest, but I gotta say, the only part I dug from Justice League was the intro with the Green Lanterns fighting. That stuff made me want to see a full movie of it. But I know WB can't do that right.

Most of dc whites are aliens.

This.

>WB executive to DC executive after seeing Black Panther: "Quick! Make Aquaman a black guy!"

Calvin Ellis Superman featuring Nubia!

Attached: CalvinEllis.png (329x330, 234K)

>"How the fuck we do that?"
>"Make Black Manta the new Aquaman!"

You don't even need that. The rationale for Steel existing doesn't need Superman's presence, just his existence and death.

Mr. Terrific and Black Lightning are probably the best options.

Vixen could work with the right star.

This is probably true, though.

>you believe your son is safe... I will find him.I will find him. I will find him, Arthur. I WILL FIND HIM!

make the black manta movie a suspense thriller.

Attached: Black_Manta_Aquaman_Vol_8_15.png (240x406, 223K)

Answer: Icon and the Dakotoverse
Real answer: Black Lightning

Denis Farina?

lmao

Cyborg.

>comic book movies
>good

>didn't watch Death of Stalin

my man batwing

Nah, Mr Terrific isn't black enough since he is a smart African AMERICAN. BP didn't suffer from it since he's only african

Marvel's track record with non-white characters isn't perfect (Shang Chi anyone?) but it's way ahead of DC's. All of DC's main non-white heroes are either Cyborg who they already ruined, Static who there is legal issues with, legacy characters, a hispanic break dancer with sound powers, a black separatist in the 31st century or pie face..

The fake news guy and not hal as the GL will sell well.

They already got former biggest movie star in the world Will Smith as Deadshot. Just make another movie around him. Any action movie starring Big Will is guaranteed to at least bring in 500 million worldwide.

Idris Elba would be perfect

It don't matter user. They all black.

>but it's way ahead of DC's
don't make me laugh

Vixen played by Beyonce.

you can write me a check for a million dollars, WB. email me at [email protected].

Nah black people hate "white" sounding blacks.

And you would know, random user on Sup Forums who I'm assuming is a white guy with very few non-white acquaintances. I'm sure your blanket statement is in no way o one made in hyperbole based on what you've seen on facebook from time to time. That's like saying all whites hate the white people who to some degree act black, whatever the fuck that means, which based on pop culture would be most of them under the age of 50.

Beyonce only acts these days if she's playing royalty just like Oprah only acts if she is laying someone's mother or God.

The only way they could ACTUALLY make something that can garner the hype around BP is if they made a movie about John Stewart in the 70's based around Green Lantern/Green Arrow
Without even trying to continue the meme that Stewart is boring and dull, John's race has no relevance in a modern setting. Maybe you could have a scene where people shit on him for being black, maybe you could bring the "he grew up in Detroit and never forgot where he came from" thing that they did later, but none of that would make the movie as inherently racial as BP is

Setting the movie in the civil rights era with John actually being a black power lantern? THAT would be bold and get people in the theaters.

Of course in the age of cinematic universes you have absolutely no flexibility in terms of setting so that's not even an option

>he finally gets a movie
>they make him black
How would you feel

Attached: Bwana_Beast_002.jpg (670x1024, 126K)

Marvel's everything>DC's anything

Disappointed.
B'wana's one of my favorite c-list heroes, and going with a goofy, Steve Irwin-espue enthusiasm for wildlife would play nicely into his power set and origins. Making him black would make more sense in regards to the setting and might alleviate some uncomfortable indications of his role, but you'd lose that chance of characterization.

Attached: 1519905915208.gif (316x213, 2.82M)

Not even white lmao.

>DC
>Make billions
Literally impossible

Every character you losers have is a boring overpowered unrelatable Mary Sue whose only defining characteristic is their superpower

It won't matter what TV actor you hire for your electric hero none of them will make over $500 million

In fact no character or movie you make will since DC is box office poison and the only one you had that was even close is now hated by everyone for trying to claim the Wakanda Forever salute is her thing

Attached: ExcellentBoldKitten-size_restricted.gif (421x392, 3.41M)

So why not just set it in Australia?
Or would the ability to cross animals into weird hybrids seem sorta redundant there?

It's going to take DC a solid decade to rehabilitate Batman's image to moviegoers, and people drink up fucking Batman like current Batman drinks up scotch.

Attached: Batfleck.jpg (1023x681, 52K)

Well you'd have to alter his origin because there aren't any primates that live here, and B'wana got the helmet by beating a gorilla in combat and earning the magic helmet. Though, he could get the helmet the same way he did in the comics, then take it back with him to Australia and adopt the identity of the Beast there. Hell, you could have the movie be him globetrotting across the world chasing some threat and he picks up allies like Vixen, Animal Man and Changeling along the way.

Why would a gorilla have a helmet?

A decade if you're an optimist

It took a decade for Batman and Robin and that was much better than what they have now

A brash musical score and a funky car seems to be all it takes to get the fanbase juiced for another Batman A-list villain setpiece.
Who's a reasonably popular brunette actor, throw in a hot chick for Batman's girlfriend (because that's a core element of Batman's mythos) and there you have it.

It's a magic helmet that's connected to a mystical source of bio-energy called the Red. If you're familiar with the Green from Swamp Thing, it's like that but with animals. The Red selects champions to represent it just like The Green, with Animal Man tapping into it innately, and Vixen with her magic amulet. The Gorrila was a champion of the Red and was guarding the helmet, but was defeated by Maxwell. He saw Michael as a worthy successor to the Helmet and gave it to him.

>It's a magic helmet that's connected to a mystical source of bio-energy called the Red.
What was it before DC comics invented "The Red" long after Bwana Beast's creation?

I think it was just an ambiguously magical helmet. They just linked it to the Red later on like with Vixen's amulet.

So it's Animal from the Animal Dimension.
Got it.

>Static who there is legal issues with
What happened?

Whatever you say, random anonymous person online. We all believe you and bow to your expertise.

Static, along with the other Milestone characters are in limbo because they still can't figure out if they're fully owned by DC, or just published by DC, who gets what percentage of the returns, ect.

Supposedly there's supposed to be plans for Milestone comics to hit print this year, but who knows if that'll come to fruition.

the fanbase is so small it doesn't mean shit

when The Dark Knight came out most people had no idea it was a sequel

at this point it will be a miracle if any batman movie makes even Lego Batman numbers

>dismissing arguments because people are anonymous
lol okay.

>Of course in the age of cinematic universes you have absolutely no flexibility in terms of setting so that's not even an option

Original captain America was during WW2, I'm sure they could find an excuse for something in the 70s and have it end with the hero in modern day much like Bucky

Pity they made him a weak gay character in the Arrow show, he was cool and actually had character in the JSA comics.

We’re 45 Million people. We don’t have a uniform opinion

Fine, you've changed our minds. Here is your new static

Attached: download (15).jpg (225x225, 9K)

This.

I don't know. The civilians in marvel comics are normally pretty shitty people.

Static would actually be a movie that the same masses flocking to Black Panther would go see, provided they keep it out of Snyder's hands.

We all know you have a secret hive mind hidden somewhere. Same with the Jews, Mexicans, and Arabs.

She is in legends of tomorrow

We need a Static Movie and stat! Damn it, he was the hypest shit back in the day. He should have joined the JL not Cybore(especially if it isn't his animated show personality).

Ya know that is a good point, what good are Superheroes if their character motivations and personalites are all connected to their powers and abilites? Superman and Wonder Woman are American Symbols of the Idealistic Ultimate Power Fantasy so they have to be the good guys to end all good guys, Aquaman is a stern and overprotective king that has the powers of the sea, and the Flash is a energetic and sometimes impulsive running version of Superman with Super Speed.

Batman is pretty much the only character that isn't defined by his superhero image and abilites of being a rich dude. He's insane, suspicious and a complete tool outside of the batsuit and still a better example of a millionare thats responsible and selfless than tied to my greed millionare supervillan Lex and total liberal womanizing robin hood wannabe Green Arrow.

Steel would be great, you got Iron Man and Thor (cause of his hammer) rolled into one; I just wish they would have used him in the JL movie and saved Cyborg for his true team (could have even used the excuse that Suoes was dead as his inspiration)

Gorilla Grodd

>black people hate "white" sounding blacks
some blacks have confused the dialect of ghetto trash with the whole of sounding black

same with black adam wait wait wait, team up smiff with rock as adam and deadshot have michael bay direct call it bad guys boom 1 bill ww gauranteed

Doesn't he have creator right issues, like static?

he's actually a decent actor in "The Get Down"

...but there is a black B'wana beast already

Attached: blackbwanabeat.png (492x550, 697K)

Attached: [LaughsInLantern].jpg (868x994, 294K)

It was such a stupid idea it was to cast him as Deadshot, even if he was good in the role
I would have killed to see Deadshot, Bronze Tiger, and a proper Boomerang and Rick Flag.

don't remind me

I think DC comics needs an entirely new universe if they are going to make MOVIES.

Attached: images (2).jpg (313x161, 19K)