ITT characters nobody is going to remember within a year

ITT characters nobody is going to remember within a year

See also the majority of DC's new artist-created OC's

Attached: weapon-h-mike-deodato-1009953.jpg (970x1500, 144K)

I will forever hold a place in my heart for something as gloriously dumb as Hulkverine.

I'm gonna catch up on Weapon X cause van Lente joined up. Probably gonna use that crossover as the jump on point

I bet through some bullshit his solo will make it to 12. Then in two years Ewing will use him in some random book.

Sometimes I forget comics are really dumb. Then some shit like this comes along and makes me think, "Dang, comics are really dumb."

Why does Mike Deodato get to keep on drawing comics?

The 90's again...

The first issue is decent. But you are right

>Decent

Its just redoing shit that Hulk did years ago.

Every Inhuman character created in the last 5 years.

Remember that guy who threw up a cosmic cube in Secret Empire? Neither do I.

Remember that guy who predicted that Miles would kill Cap and start Civil War 2? Neither do I.

Remember Iceman's inhuman boyfriend? Remember anything that happened in IvX?

>Remember that guy who predicted that Miles would kill Cap and start Civil War 2? Neither do I.

ewing's got that dude in his back pocket for some cosmic shit I CAN FEEL IT

Fuck you, I actually like Sideways and Silencer

There are eight wolverines existing within the main universe currently, now nine with OG Wolverine returning, let that sink in. There is only so much angst the universe can take until the universe completely craps itself.

Attached: saddogo.jpg (1000x900, 450K)

>See also the majority of DC's new artist-created OC's
Nah fuck you, I am routing for The Unexpected & Immortal Men hardcore.
It's not tho, it makes perfect sense for Weapon X to jump to trying to weaponize Hulk type powers rather then continue trying to duplicate Wolverine's healing.

Except Hulk already had a healing factor, and adding adamantium claws doesn't really make a Hulk any more effective since they're walking gamma bombs. Wolverine and Spider-Man however makes sense

Eventually marvel will be exclusively Wolverine

How does that work?

Wolverine has peak human level strength, or MAYBE low level superhuman stregth at best, so it’s possible to restrain him while this extremely painful process happens. And if you’re costing his skeleton while he’s awake, he’d need to be restrained. How the fuck do you restrain a Hulk? Not to mention, that if the Hulk gets stronger as he gets angrier, that will only make the process -which should be impossible in the first place, more difficult.

Wolverine only survived the procedure because of his healing. I know the Hulk heals fast too, but is he on par with Wolverine? This one I’m honestly not sure of.

When Hulk shrinks down to human size again, his bones and muscles change size. The adamantium coating wouldn’t. The enormous metal skeleton would rip through his body killing him as soon as he de-Hulks.

The claws. I know the bone claws on Wolverine were a retcon, but they make sense. For him to pop them or retract them, there would have to be muscles controlling them. Part of Wolverine’s mutation must be muscle structure in the arms that is completely different to a normal person’s. You couldn’t just insert metal claws under someone’s forearm and expect them to function by themselves somehow. Giving claws to someone who didn’t already have them, and doesn’t have any muscle controlling them makes no sense.

What is the purpose of those shoulder and leg spikes? Seems like they’d just restrict his movement.

Morrison's going to co-plot a couple issues of Sideways so his fanbase will at the very least keep the character in the spotlight for awhile.

He even has little doomsday bones sticking out of him!

i'm excited for a reveal about what they do

Why the fuck would the Hulk need claws? He's already the Hulk!

Attached: chris headache.jpg (1280x720, 75K)

Why not you dumb faggot.

Wolverine Hulk is boring. I want to see Wolverine Mr Fantastic. Don't know how adamantium would work with stretching but would be badass stretching his arm across the room to claw someone.

Most of the latest generation of new teen heroes that aren't legacy characters.

Attached: X-Men generations.jpg (700x643, 385K)

nah, they'll pull a Crisis on Infinite Wolverines or a House of W soon

probably House of W because they haven't rehashed that yet

>soon everyone in marvel will be wolverine
>everyones already got fucking healing factors, so we are part way there

Sideways is going to outlast Gwenpool and Miles.

Because it's fucking stupid and sounds like something a 14 year old would come up with.

Around ten or so years ago, Marvel had the wherewithal to joke about this sort of thing, creating a short-lived and mostly-parodic Exiles team composed entirely of alt-universe Wolverines.

The fact that it's no longer even a joke is in and of itself kind of funny.

Attached: Exiles_Vol_1_85_Textless.jpg (550x828, 203K)

To extend his reach, mitigating the ability of agile characters to dodge and weave around him.

>Wolverine only survived the procedure because of his healing. I know the Hulk heals fast too, but is he on par with Wolverine? This one I’m honestly not sure of.

He's WAY beyond Wolverine's level, actually. It's rare that he's sufficiently badly-injured that we get to see it, but on those rare occasions where he's really badly fucked-up, his rate of recovery is alarming. The same power which causes him to put on several hundred pounds of hulk-meat in seconds when he transforms can do the same job to restore and grow new tissue whenever it's needed.

Attached: 3704875-1136044-3.jpg (949x1022, 599K)

Unless they dodge to the side

Didn't Deadpool use Hulk dna when his own factor was on the fritz? In the Kelly run I think.

In the second or third issue of that run, yeah. There's really nobody better at regeneration than the Hulk, so it stands to reason that it's a go-to source if you can get it!

I dunno, man. Just flailing those arms around with those giant blades extending from the ends, you could really do a tremendous amount of damage to anyone and anything within about... say, nine feet or so of your shoulders in any direction.

>Wolverine dies
>Marvel creates a dozen other characters with the same powers to replace him
>bring him back as an old man from an alternate universe with no explanation why or how
>bring back the original that died and expect everyone to make a big deal out of it

This has to be the worst written character ever.

the issues without Rocafort's art will sell sub15k

..the issue was actually really fun, most books Marvel put out last week were good

It's the hulk. He does stupid wind pressure shit. the claws are just, gratuitous.

I'd be more fond of him if they didn't pretend he wasn't fucking stupid.

Wait. Eight?

1) Old Man Logan
2) Laura
3) Honey Badger
4) Dakan
5) Jimmy Hudson
6) Hulkverine?
7) The cartoon Wolverine from the new Exiles series?
8) ?

Maybe counting Inverted Sabertooth as well.

Not the guy you're responding to, but the case could be made that Sabretooth and/or Lady Deathstrike fit the bill. Especially given that Sabretooth has had his face-turn and gone mostly-heroic in the last few years, post-Axis.

Something something bonded at a molecular level, something something

Albert still exists, I think, but is in character limbo forver.

Attached: Albert_(Earth-616)_from_All-New_Official_Handbook_of_the_Marvel_Universe_Vol_1_1_0001.jpg (400x679, 105K)

Remember when Cannonball was like the "chosen one" who would lead the X-Men of the future? Wish they'd stuck to that.

Nothing about what is wrong with that image is Deodato's fault unless he came up with the character's concept.

Deodato is a shit artist regardless of what he's "drawing"

The Black Order and Lethal Legion

Hey, i like the way the character's lats disappear into his biceps, totally not rushed or shitty looking at all.

>The Black Order

I might agree if they weren't now appearing in the next Avengers movie. I think that cements them as relevant figures for some time to come. They have "relevance" now which transcends their original role in Hickman's Avengers run and other writers will want to tap into that.

Hey kids! Remember Doomed?

Attached: Doomed_Vol_1_1.jpg (900x1384, 445K)

Attached: and then everyone was wolverine.jpg (700x1050, 401K)

Attached: dc-rebirth-1018766.jpg (900x697, 123K)

This obviously. He was never actually gone. OML was such a cop out.

Inferno might have a chance, he got put in a few games and cartoons and teaser stuff. Which is odd because he actually isn't important even the Inhumans comics.

Has that guy ever stuck with any ongoings pass issue 6?

is this Damage's predecessor?

So where does he place on the power level scale?

Hulks healing factor makes wolverines look like end stage HIV.

OG Wolverine is with infinity stoners.
Ghost Wolverine is in No Surrender.

That makes 10.

Every day.
Every single day....

>New characters are artist-created OC's
Do you just hate DC?

Their greatest threats should be a picture of Bendis Snyder and king.

Not only is hulkverine a stupid idea, it's poorly designed.
His giant meaty arms don't msh well with those tiny thin knives coming out of his knuckles, the random bone spikes look stupid more than anything else, and his overall color scheme is absurdly boring.
His look isn't even as absurd or cool as it could have been, they literally left out the best parts of wolverine when they designed him, so do to their lack of imagination he just looks like gray hulk after falling into a pit of pointy metal spikes.
Anyone with a little imagination could think up a better design.

Attached: 1521920275359.gif (640x266, 3.26M)

Are you just willfully ignorant that the majority of the new Dark Knight: Metal spin off books are new and created by the artist themselves?

Why not have 1 knife so all of that hulk power is concentrated on a smaller surface area? having 3 just makes the attack weaker.

They're just copying DC at this point since DC stays afloat by having a bunch of batfamily members, speedsters, GLs, kryptonians, and amazons.

Yes he was on Superman, Ultimates, RHATO, and TT past 6

It's mostly the problem when an artist gets well liked they don't stay tied down to a book for long unless a star writer wants to use them
See: Jimenez

Giving Hulk an Adamantine skeleton is redundant. His rage already makes him nearly indestructrible..

think of it this way, he is no longer vulnerable while de-hulked

Is he wearing a belt with pouches in it? What's he keep in them, his extra spikes?

Can he even De-Hulk? Because I don't understand how that works with adamantium bones/claws

...That's just Grey Hulk and Wolverine fused into a shitty Doomsday.

Been waiting for an excuse to post this.

Attached: 1364321897774.jpg (520x467, 91K)

Somehow Marvel managed to make even Damage look good

Attached: damage.jpg (1296x1982, 517K)

he can, don't ask me how because only skimmed the cross over. He does it in his solo. Somehow the metal bones grow and shrink with him.

Is Damage supposed to be Black Manta?

He should have DAMAGE tattooed on his forehead

The big two are completely barren when it comes to creativity.

>moon knight wolverine
fucking gr8

I still don't see what you're getting at

Why do you say that?

Next up from the House of Ideas:
>Spider-Hulk
>Quickwitch
>Captain Ms. Marvel
>Wolverinepool
>Professor Magxaverine
>Squirrel Knightdusa
>Dr. Doomactus
>Captain France

>Captain France
The french superteam Thing hung out with during Civil War were actually pretty neat.

Attached: Les Heroes de Paris.jpg (1200x1800, 529K)

They have a Captain Cowboy?

Thats the problem when you gotta write an infinite storyline but cant progress the plot.

The red globes on his body remind me of the lights on Black Manta's helmet. I haven't read Damage yet but it'd be a nice twist if Manta found some sort of new drug that turned him into a Hulk like creature or if it was some product of NEMO

There are probably a dozen better combinations for a hulk than Wolverine. Actually come to think of it, weaponizing a hulk is always a dumb idea considering how unstable they are and hard to control.

What are some better projects they could have funded?

Of course, Le Cowboy is the team's Parisian homage to the American west

It's not. It's a soldier who volunteered for a weapon program which allows him to transform into that beast for 1 hour. The purpose was to basically create a walking atomic bomb to level the enemy without finesse nor casualties. So far he's been able to go head to head with Giganta, Solomon Grundy, Parasite, and Wonder Woman. Even implying that Superman might have trouble. As of now the book isn't all that interesting.

hulks healing factor is actually far superior to wolverine's
and as with his strenght, the angrier he gets the faster he heals

one time proffesor hulk got his stomach slashed open, he put his hand on the wound to stop his guts from spilling out, but his flesh healed over his hand, and he had to pull his hand free

Attached: 3684180-hulk+ability+healing+disembowed.png (698x859, 1.49M)

I still can't see how wolverine claws are supposed to make Hulk any more effective. The only game changing power Hulk does not have is flight.

didn't dakken destroy him?

It's just a poorly thought out gimmick that's supposed to look cool. Better combinations might have been Hulk and any of the Fantastic Four, or Hulk and Electro

healing factors in marvel (earth)
1: hulk
2: deadpool
3: laura
4: either logan or dakken. adamantium slows down the healing

Attached: what_if___wolverine_enemy_of_the_state.jpg (1600x760, 401K)

Don't forget we also have

9 spiders
4 Iron people
3 captain americas
3 Wasps
5 Ant/giant people
6 Hulks

Marvel just liked to make 10 versions of the same character now.

uhhhh correct me if im wrong but isnt Doomsday a DC character? So why the Marvel logo?

Isn't there a back alley criminal dude that hands out super strength and durability modifications to people with no downsides involved like candy simply for payment? Is involved in the underground Super Wrestling League?

Why doesn't the government just go with that to produce entire armies of literal super soldiers that are far stronger and tougher that Captain America and the weaksause 'super soldier serum'?
And work on jacking it up to make people around the level of people like Hulk and Abomination but without the mental and physical deformation.

Infact why not start with loyal and highly trained operatives - Give them the Super Strength/Durability -Then stick them inside higher-quality Mandroid or Guardsmen suits.
That would be pretty badass in getting results while being pretty easily replicate and less likely to blow up in their face which shit like one-off superhuman experiments or building AI-controlled sentinels do.

I almost said I wish these characters had an ongoing, but I know Marvel would make it political since it is Europe, and it is France.

So they are trying to shill the new guy by having everyone job to him, in this case like a less ridiculous Red Hulk (christ that Rulk shit was terrible, it was like watching a shitty wrestler get pushed in the WWE with he just squashed all the strongest heroes of Marvel)