How bad can it be?

How bad can it be?

Attached: Bend.png (320x180, 50K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dc.wikia.com/wiki/David_Graves_(Prime_Earth)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If we are lucky, almost dying the last year made him see the light and try to do things right, if we have bad luck, it will be miles moral post secret wars levels of shitty, if we have REAALY bad lucky, riri williams

Attached: images(2).jpg (275x183, 13K)

Not as bad as Sup Forums thinks it'll be, but not good either. Middle of the road standard Jurgens tier shit, but not offensively bad like Lobdell.

Whom will it hit?
I say Guy Gardner.

From what we’ve been told, Bendis wants to focus less on Superman, more on Clark Kent, and more on Metropolis as a whole. Here’s what we can expect:

>Bendis speak
>next-level decompressed storytelling
>street crime
>new bad guys looking for street cred
>a shit ton of OCs in general
>a fair amount of social issues. nothing too cringe, but enough to make you roll your eyes and sigh a bit

No, Superman won’t get replaced with a black chick. No, Superman won’t suddenly turn gay. No, Jon and Lois won’t get wiped from existence.stop being so melodramatic.

>famous last words

>How bad can it be?
Tom King bad.

Guy... you're gay

Attached: guyasastarsap.jpg (800x1400, 1.01M)

You are fucked superbros.
t.x-fag

Does Bendis have a waifu in DC Comic characters?
like he did with Kitty Pryde in Marvel Comics

I really want to punch his face...

Attached: Brian-Michael-Bendis-in-comic-book-form.jpg (1700x850, 165K)

genocide bad .

Attached: 1821878-scarlet_witch_no_more_mutants03.jpg (1245x1920, 325K)

Well it won't be bad enough to kill DC that's for sure

I'm less worried about Superman himself, Bendis seems to really care about the character and probably wouldn't fuck with him. I'm more worried about how Bendis is going to treat members of his supporting cast and his villains, especially the ones that somebody like Bendis would consider "lame".

It can be a complete and utter nightmare. It can be a twisted parody, a perversion, a travesty.

In fact I'll bet dollars to donuts that that is exactly what it's going to be. Only the good God - but more likely the evil Devil - knows what possessed DC to hire Baldy McFatface after what he did to Iron Man.

Attached: Bendis0001.jpg (500x538, 96K)

Black female kryptonian shows up and replaces Superman. Lois and Clark divorce after Superman reveals all kryptonians are secretly transexual.

As long as Bendis doesn't do this and ruin the character's soul, then Superman will survive.

Attached: Superman's new design by 2020.jpg (495x640, 105K)

Making him a face of immigration, comparing him to illegal aliens in any way, having him not disagree wth Lois about immediately hating a republican president... those are not just eye roll worthy. Those will be rage worthy but since people agree politically with them they'll disagree.

Clark was raised Christian in Kansas, has more claim to refugee status than anyone on earth, and is about truth and justice not click bait and half-assed conjecture about the government.

If you don't think Bendis will be getting political you're a fool. And if you're one of those people that thinks "Superman is a liberal/progressive/yadayada" you don't know a thing about Superman besides what you've been told by people who don't know a thing about Superman. Superman is not interested in daily affairs if private citizens or state-level beaurocrats. If they're killing their people they're a villain if not it's not his fight.

>how bad can it be
Imagine your mother (who may or may not be named Martha).

Now imagine a well drawn man.

Now imagine that well drawn man raping her.

That's how bad it will be. Only the worst of mankind will enjoy it. And even then likely in private.

>Bendis wants to focus less on Superman, more on Clark Kent,
he said he only wants to do that on action comics. The actual Superman book will still focus on superman and big adventures

>Action
>no action in it
>Superman
>less character focused

And people think he's not completely brainless.

I hope in private Bendis looks back at his a career and realizes how pathetic it is that he's never written a real superhero story.

Just like king on batman. I can't imagine how someone can look back on two years of writing batman and not be painfully depressed that he hasn't written a batman story the entire time. His swamp thing might as well have not happened it's so disconnected and the fudd books are out of continuity.

Did they really need to give Bendis Superman AND Action comics? AND cancel all other Super titles to ensure Bendis has complete control over the Superman mythos? That had to have been in his contract or something.

Jimmy Olsen's going to be turned into a tranny FYI.

>I hope in private Bendis looks back at his a career and realizes how pathetic it is that he's never written a real superhero story.
Doubt it, guys like him and Millar seem disillusioned with the genre and business, and are using both mostly as a vehicle to pay bills.

>I can't imagine how someone can look back on two years of writing batman and not be painfully depressed
I'm not sure about King's idea of the comics themselves, he has writers he supposedly looks up to so I suppose there's still an interest somewhere, but from his description of his CIA service I think he views the business and his work similarly. As long as he's getting his kicks at the time he probably doesn't give it too much thought.

I hope you like a lot of this shit:

It's like...
The dialogue....
I mean the words...
Words right....
Yeah those...
The same....
It's like the whole thing...
I mean exactly...

At least not as bad as Tomasi and Jurgens.

>At least not as bad as Tomasi and Jurgens.
SM/WW Fags are cancer.

DC doesn't care about there main line anymore they only care about Black Label.

Confirmed at Wondercon
Bendis' new villain can kick Superman's ass and is his equal in every way.

Someone asked about Superman's role in Snyder's JL and this is what he said [I found this on CBR] -

“Superman agrees to the tenants of no country in the world which means that every country is going to build Kryptonite bombs to stop him — he’s built this human identity he’s going to age out of in a few years, he’s ephemeral, he’s doomed — but he follows the ethical compass that was passed down to him by his parents, and that’s inspirational to me.”

Gleason and Tomasi will be missed but I just want them to land another major project that they will rock. I want them back on Batman, maybe 'Tec.

Whatever he does to the super-senpai is likely only temporary. Lois and Clark are shown to still be together in Doomsday Clock, and that's set a year in advance of everything
Bat and Cat is over in Doomsday Clock.

>Snyder is Bendis pal.
Duke is supermans black son.

Bendis has a high tier reputation in solo runs. You just pretend sperging like a faggot if you think Daredevil and USM weren't great.

Judging by Snyder’s comments-Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.2019

>that every country is going to build Kryptonite bombs to stop him

>Bombs weapons used for large scale devastating.

Material that is fucking scarce and that Batman monitors the location of what exists very closely.

And then there is >Superman agrees to the tenants of no country in the world

So he's fucking Big Boss now?

Duke is siding with Batwoman so he'll be dead soon enough in the coming Gotham Wars.

>a shit ton of OCs in general

Part of his deal with DC was moving Jinx World and he's creating even more brand OCs for that, which he will entirely own and won't be dependent on DC/WB using them on in any form of adaptation.

He has no reason to pursue the strategy he did at Marvel as as basis for OCs.

Except to get them into the same spot he wanted to with Riri and Miles, have them be in the mainline movies.

And with the DC stuff being the fucking shambles that it is I think he's got a better chance of it this time .

Someone post the edit

This is the thing Im most worried about since he said in an interview that he had Wanda wipe 90% of the mutant population because he didnt like her. Simply that. Do we know if theres a character he doesnt like in DC?

>kick Superman's ass and is his equal in every way

This is not really new. Lobdell did the same exact thing with H'El. Cereal Lord did the same thing with Ulysses.

Fuck, for that matter, Cereal Lord created an OC who was JUST a writer who, Because Stupid Fan Fiction masquerading as Plot Contrivance, was able to BFTO the ENTIRE Justice League.

It's a standard issue plot device by modern writers who don't really know what to do with a character(s).

Attached: Who Is Gary Stu.jpg (329x500, 59K)

>DC stuff being the fucking shambles t

Buying Ladderbro's hype

I think this is more probable than anything else. If Superman can survive two plus years of 2010s era Jurgens, he can survive some two years of Bendis which is what I expect before he gets tired and moves to another character.

>
If only.

I dont see any room for Damian in a Snyder (and Bendis) driven line and with Jon's fate up in the air thanks to Bendis.
Overall I see a new YJ with Tim by Tynion with in 3-6 months. 6-9 months after that Dick's Titans gets cancelled. Then a year after that Duke Thomas gets to be part of a Titans team ( Dick's Titans book will by then also be cancelled or revamped). So that's how I see it going.

This post could not be more true. Shame Dick and Damian have to deal with that muck.

Jimmy Olsen probably.

It's a bizarre business decision to say the least.

Fuck this guy.

These line-ups are temporary, and Doomsday Clock will fix them all?

Clarke and Lois get a divorce. That's for starters.

It's Guy for sure.

>Doomsday Clock will fix them all?

Frankly I have no idea WHAT it is supposed to do.

Attached: DC.jpg (656x707, 141K)

1) Who is that?
2) Who is Cereal Lord?

1) dc.wikia.com/wiki/David_Graves_(Prime_Earth)
2) Geoff Johns
That user also helped me remember the JL have fought a psychotic fanboy of sorts before Priest did it, and probably before that, though I suppose counting Johns' other 4th wall leaning strawman Superboy Prime isn't relevant to recent things, but overall the idea is now officially as trite as it is heavy handed.

It's time to end this, Bendis.

Thanks, user.

...Also, why is Johns called 'Cereal Lord'?

Back in Green Lantern run when he was at his most popular his twitter was full of him goofing around, including a lot of talk about cereal and how much he likes it.

He got kicked out of a grocery store once for live tweeting his cereal shopping

...The man is an oaf. Thanks.

>Bendis speak

The reddest of flags.

>Lois Lane will die, as will Jon.
>Clark will meet a new reporter at the Daily Planet, Laquiesha Larnell, a fierce, strong, and independant black woman who don't need no man.
>Clark and Laquiesha will become an item, with Clark taking up a fatherly role with her son, Val Larnell.

sounds good to me

Attached: benis.jpg (3974x3056, 691K)

that teen titans girl that is some demon's daughter. he said he thought that trope was overused

So he's gonna Wanda Raven?

"no more bats"...

>as trite as it is heavy handed

This asshole in a nutshell - and perfect proof that Priest is a good writer who is clearly being lazy because he could give two fucks over his entire JL run. He's probably especially doing what he has been doing because they took off something he was enjoying (Deathstroke) writing and stuck him on JL.

Attached: stupidjohns.jpg (375x295, 77K)

>tfw your favourite supercharacters are stuck in limbo so Bendis won't touch them

“Superman” is in general considered the main Superman book, of course that one would be the most adventure driven of the two.

>As long as Bendis doesn't do this
Sunshine Superman, you all know that's now the end game.

Jimmy olsen

What I find weird is why Priest didn't just make Deathstroke the antagonist. It would have been expected I guess but that doesn't matter since it would have been so due to the logical setup he'd already accomplished knowingly or otherwise.

Slade had already crossed paths with a bunch of kids the JL know, so it would make sense if he showed up on the JL's radar due to their worry on why he's bumping heads so often suddenly and fear the worst even if it was unintended.
Likewise it would make sense for Slade to then worry about the JL worrying about him if he gets word about their poking around and setup a series of contingencies to keep them too occupied to keep track of him. Which would make more sense than wanting to better the JL but worsening their operation.
And unlike the Fans he'd have reasonable connections to do it, like the recent issue with Lex Corp and Red Lion ties who'd have as much to gain from playing along with the psyop. All this would feel more convincing than random kids causing so much trouble for seasoned superheroes. It would also be a case of Deathstroke challenging the JL for once without it being a direct fight that ends in bullshit.
Atop all that, it would all come together as the catalyst to gain Batman's ire and lead into the Batman vs Deathstroke.

It's a shame, could have dealt with dozens of birds with one stone here.

>not "benis is cumming"
missed opportunity

He's still writing Deathstroke though.

It's been done many times.

Don't read it, didn't know that. Just know people really liked his work on it.

Not really. Action is the main line book, thus they put Morrison on it for three arcs, whereas Superman has a collection of babysitters for that same time frame.

Ditto the pre-52 books - Cornell was writing Action while JMS was pissing off even more people than were annoyed by New Krypton Cereal Lord fuckery.

Attached: bic.jpg (3974x2556, 1.07M)

How mad will Superfags get if Val Zod actually replaces Clark in the main series after the Man of Steel mini?

As a Superfag, I wouldn't mind; I liked Val-Zod. But the rage from everyone else would be great. But DC hasn't done anything with Earth-2 since Rebirth.

He likes Byrne Superman.
We're fucked.

>a real superhero story.
What exactly counts as a real superhero story?
What's the criteria?

>Someone else pointing out how fucking awful Graves is.
Thank fuck. Geoff's bluster about the fucker is so obnoxious to read up on. "He'll overturn the very perception of the hero's journey!" Fucking gag me.

>This is the thing Im most worried about since he said in an interview that he had Wanda wipe 90% of the mutant population because he didnt like her.

Bendis just had her de-power them, other writers like Claremont, Jenkins and Kyle/Yost were mostly responsible for having people die from it. But it's hard to tell if he doesn't like her, or just enjoys trolling people who do like her. Bendis, Quesada, and Brevoort, who had been editor on Avengers since 1997, all appear to have been genuinely surprised to learn she even had fans.

Brevoort was somehow still surprised she had fans when she 'died' in 2014 Uncanny Avengers story.

>If you don't think Bendis will be getting political you're a fool.

Hasn't Bendis stated he's making Metropolis a 'sanctuary city'? Expect it to be very political and very bad.