Is Paper Girls sufficiently unpopular enough to have good threads about it unlike Saga?

Is Paper Girls sufficiently unpopular enough to have good threads about it unlike Saga?

Attached: paper girls 1.jpg (308x475, 60K)

Looks like feminist propaganda.
Just kidding, but it also may just be sufficiently unpopular enough that nobody gives a fuck
I'm sure it's more than "Brian K Vaugn watched Stranger Things and thought it was a good time to dust off his 80s chest and cash in" though. Right?

I'm behind but I like the comic. The plot still feels kind of daft to me but the characters are written really well which is something that will always make me come back to a comic.

It existed before Stranger Things. Minor spoiler: Most of it doesn't take place in the 80s either, the main characters are just from the 80s.

I'm up to when they arrive in 2000 and I still don't understand what's going on. They sure are taking their time cluing the audience in.

Attached: i_hate_fairyland_i_hate_image_012.jpg (1044x1220, 590K)

There was a storytime of an early floppy or two, to mixed reaction. It was GET TO THE FUCKING POINT VAUGHN if I recall.

>unpopular enough to have good threads about it

Just because something is 'obscure/unpopular' doesn't automatically mean it will have good threads. Saga's just not something people here want to talk about. It's not just a popularity problem.

Attached: 1506504484657.jpg (530x416, 36K)

I love the art, but I couldn't care about the story, I don't care what happens to these people.

What do you want to talk about?

I like it a lot, at least, at this point the Chiang art and Wilson colors. One of only two books I purchase. I like the characters too but as w a lot of BKV it's reeeallly open ended. Not tight or planned out feeling. Which sort of meanders, year to year..

These are remarkably on model, nice work Skottie.

Anyone else?

Attached: 8AB35AA5-B654-43DD-9165-F4937C3FFCD2.png (1080x1638, 3.26M)

The earliest threads were a lot of fun trying to figure out some of the mystery, in large part the alien code. But, yeah, as it sort of...took it's sweet time, again not unlike saga, the momentum grinded to a halt. Things happen, one after the next, but not much feels vital or energized. It's well worth it but may read better as an omnibus or something. Every couple months is rough.

That said, it's free on Hoopla app w library card. Make sure to get book one over vol one.

>OP asks if a good thread is possible
>yes, the chorus replies
>he is never heard from again

eh, nice art, standard BKV 'girls are awesome and powerful BECAUSE THEY'RE GIRLS' and 'here's my stupid opinion on everything, and oh, something happened, keep reading, kay?'

Gender plays almost no role; is never mentioned. They might as well be boys.

I keep up with it and literally never think of outside of those ten minutes every month. I love Cliff Chiang but I don't think I care about the story at all. The characters are greta since I always keep sense of who they are but everything else is basically nonsense.

the entire "paper girls" premise is them being pioneers because only boys were allowed to deliver the paper in those days, so backwards and silly huh?

Don't you have a D&C video to jerk off to? That's not the entire premise, at all, rather something addressed in the first issue and that's it. Likely that's as far as you got and are simply being dramatic.

You claimed that gender played no role and dude proved you wrong. That's okay, take your L and move on.

>Just kidding
It's not wrong though.

Wtf I'm btfo now wow

No, I don't think there are that many retarded faggots around.

You're a liberal, you should be used to it by now.

Damn bro, you're killing it. TooXtreme4me

Just stating a fact.

There are people on this board who actually read this tripe

Why am I not surprised

Literally nothing he said outed him as a liberal. Gtfo with your politics obsession.

That's right, hide your beliefs in shame, that's how it should be.

First issue was ok. Kids being dicks to each other and delivering papers with some apocalyptic dreams. Didn't have time to read past it though.

It's good, like all his comics it strings you along but it at least is going somewhere unlike Saga which is obviously written to be endless.

This

Cigarette smoking lesbian death girl has an anti story attitude that sport of brings the whole thing down. But then again so does young people from the 80s getting to see just how degraded their culture become 1 0year slater.