So what gives. How the fuck did these movies actually end up being good

So what gives. How the fuck did these movies actually end up being good.

Also 2>3>1

Attached: KFP.jpg (1280x720, 284K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nk3L6ePq5Zk
youtu.be/-W7TGX1KRYk
youtu.be/DLpUev1FvS0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>3 better than 1
>3 being good at all
But yeah KFP never had any right to be as good as it was The second movie is fucking kino.

>2 as number one
Most people would probably be cool with that one.
>3 over 1
Woaaahh there lad.

What do you want, I got a soft spot for JK Simmons.

2>1>3 And 3 is still pretty good.

2>1>>I hated how the third one shitted all over the morale of the first one.

>you are not the chosen one, you just have to believe in yourself.
>2 movies later
>lol I was kidding, you were special all along.

>there is no special ingredient!
> oh there is, it's chi.

at least they didnt ruin the Best Father.

they gave a fuck

youtube.com/watch?v=nk3L6ePq5Zk

>Noodles

But even in the third one the pandas didn't know shit about Chi till po taught them ho be special.

3 was irredeemable shit that really hurt the series.
You could actually hear the suits scolding the writing team for putting a genocide in the 2nd movie and trying to make their ching chong kiddy cash cow actually interesting.

I really wanted the rhird one to be about a pseudo Mongol invasion and feature the Great Wall.
>I'd have one character be an Elephant Emissary of he Khan who is carried around on a litter by much smaller creatures

>make it as marketable as possible! add lots of cute goofy pandas! and baby pandas! we need the chinese audience!
>got run over by the steamroller that was zootopia

Attached: Kung-Fu-Panda-3.jpg (1000x500, 165K)

Tigress's new threads are slick as hell.

It should had gone darker, visiting the destroyed village of the pandas, and finding his mother living there, sad and unable to channel chi, and the rest of the movie is about Po trying to return her smile.

sorry Jennifer Yuh Nelson, you'd scare soccer moms.

Something like this.
There would also be hawk and flacon mooks and the Mighty Khan himself would be a White Tiger

Attached: Warhammer_Greasus_Goldtooth.png (543x839, 919K)

>monkey voiced by Jackie Chan
>doesn't destroy everyone

A constant problem with the series is the F5 don't ever really get to do much. I forgot Lucy Liu was even Viper till the credits.

>A constant problem with the series is the F5 don't ever really get to do much.
They do. It's their role to job to the villain of the movie.

youtu.be/-W7TGX1KRYk

Attached: images.jpg (259x194, 7K)

1 was a fantastic film that exceeded all expectations, and felt like a large scale Shaw Brothers film.
2 was a great sequel that manages to be its own film.
3 was an incredibly lackluster entry that felt like everything I thought the first film was going to be.

3 was awful. Based Kai got so little screen time and instead of giving Po awesome powers like Wugui he got some retarded dragon and defeated Kai by going Hulk on him

the first film was not that good

but the second one, god damn was so metal

it was a good start
youtu.be/DLpUev1FvS0

I actually still really liked 1 a lot. One thing it really had going for it was, than when you really break down into it, it was Shifu's story as much if not more than Po's.

See over nyah. Shifu is the one learning to over come his own issues and move on. Putting the story from the masters perspective is a really nice twist.

Actually now that I say this out loud, I think I will bump one over 3. I had just watched it so the third was more on my mind. But that's just pure good stuff.

He killed a helpless enemy

And after they delayed it to like February to dodge star wars

Kfp3 definitely goes at the bottom for me, But at least based monkey got to talk more than 3 times so there’s a plus.

Man the first movie was so well constructed. They did a really great job of tying all the themes together at the end.

3 was a pointless sequel that gave Po ANOTHER huge powerup, made the Furious Five even more useless (defeated off screen in some cases) and posited that a lazy, gluttonous lifestyle somehow trains you to defeat legendary Kung Fu masters.

It's a pretty movie but that's about it.

The thesis at play is that naturally talented at learning advanced ki manipulation is just an inherent racial trait of pandas, thus explaining how Po is able to master the Wuxi finger hold and inner peace simply by hearing about them.

They didn't use Ki to defeat the jade masters. They did it by being fat and lazy and that's the problem. The Ki thing only came up at the end.

But only the first two were good.

Serious has a weakness to comedy, remember.
That’s how Po was able to beat Tai Lung before he started getting serious.

He does. His jade army doesn't. Turning the entire jade master battle into "Skill doesn't matter, being funny beats everything" derailed the movie.

It shows Po growing into his role as a teacher, from being unable to teach kung fu masters to being able to actually understand and optimize the natural talents of his students.

Yes, yes, but the root problem is that two days of training that led to "Oh well, just fall on them, you're fat" should not let them stand off literally legendary kung fu masters who have spent their entire lives mastering their craft.

3 is not better than anything but the series.

I hope the new series remedies that.

>Po redirects cannonfire in 2

AND THEY RUN WHEN THE SUN COMES UP
WITH THEIR LIVES ON THE LINE

Attached: 047BABC7-9338-4441-A8E4-7375AEA760F7.jpg (345x399, 39K)

Shen > rest

>villain accepting his death in 2
Is it kino?

The tippity top of kino my friend

2>1>>>>>

See, it's easy. Then you can have the 5, Po, and the Kung Fu irregulars fighting the not-Mong horde.

oooh, then you could have Tigress drama with her being from there origionally and shit.

2=1>3 (but 3 is still 7.7/10)

It's 1>2There is no debate.

The first one had everything I want from an 70s Kungfu Movie.

A panda crushing a snow leopard with his giant butt?

The villain was a angry emo boy with daddy issues. Typical weak ass Kyloren/Loki manlet that is no actual threat.

The training montages.

Regardless of them being legendary kung fu masters, the pandas had an advantage in numbers and also a strategy besides punching good, yes, the strategy was "be fat and lazy" but "with purpose".

>I forgot Lucy Liu was even Viper till the credits

That's because you're boorish uncultured swine.

This. Only Po, shifu and Tigress have gotten any real spotlight

You're describing Tai Lung.
Lord Shen was threatening and everything a villain should be.

>The villain was a angry emo boy with daddy issues. Typical weak ass Kyloren/Loki manlet that is no actual threat.

See, I thought you were talking about Tai Lung for a second there.

Three should have been the Pandas were powerful warriors that didn't side with anyone due to their being so strong. Not have them just be a bunch of fat goofballs.

Also different lead up with the villain as that all went way too fast

Better late than Never.

Wrong. He was weak without his cannons. That's why they defeated him in the middle of the movie.

You can make the argument for 2 over 1, but 3 is far and away the worst

Loved the second movie. The third was pure trash.

I wonder how much bank the artist got on that.

>Powerful Pandas
That would completely undermine the first movie. Why would anyone doubt the member of the strongest species? Btw the 1st movie is the best one.

Keep telling yourself that

A part of me would argue that KFP2 is a contender for the best Dreamworks animated movie. Top 3 at the very least.

And that just makes me hate 3 more.

Something something best swordsman doesn't fear the second best swordsman but the unpredictable idiot waving around a sword for the first time.

More like Viper barely gets to do jack shit in the fucking films. Outside of Tigress, the five barely get to really do much in the films aside from helping Po. I think the third film was the first time we got to enjoy some banter with them as their numbers were whittled down by Kai's growing jade zombies.

I still consider one the best and like Tai Lung over Shen, but I like them all enough.
I liked Tigress' new outfit in the third movie too, it's pretty sick.

1 is a great movie that went above and beyond with a very mediocre concept.
2 is a masterpiece. One of the greatest movies of all time
3 is eh and felt like a cash grab.
I don't like Jack Black as an actor but he does a good job voicing Po

Attached: IAM.png (304x220, 58K)

Third movie honestly felt like a plot from the TV show that they decided to make be a movie instead.

3 was bad

>tfw you know it was for the best that a relationship didn't develop, but you're still a little sad about it.

Attached: Capture.png (491x368, 361K)

>jack black animated kung fu movie from dreamworks
>watch it expecting to hate it
>oh my god it's great, well the sequels to animated movies almost always suck so i guess it ends here
>watch second movie
>its even better, one of the best animated movies i've ever seen
>even the shorts have good stories and are done in a fun and unique style

seriously how did this franchise do everything it could to make me love it?

Attached: tumblr_inline_o4wpdg3Sc11r8xyr3_540.gif (540x299, 1.06M)

Shifu is one of the best animated characters in the last ten years
Prove me wrong

Cause the people making it cared. The first two movies are love songs to the wuxia genre. Their use of wuxia colour theory is beyond fantastic.

Those are generally well handled, compared to the show which does feel likely like a cashgrab to keep interest while the next movie is cooked up.

3 and the end of 2 really ruined the weight of Po's story. I get it's a kids movie and happy ending blah blah blah but it honestly felt like a cop out.

2 > 1 > 3

BUT I actually enjoy fantasy kung fu movies.. So if they dropped the whole "LOL PANDAS ARE FAT" plot about pappa Pos village.. My rating would be 2>3>1

But honestly Kais theme was GOAT.

But please give more kung fu action in future movies (and drop all the focus on Tigress. Let the other guys and girls also get some screentime)

>and the end of 2
How so?
As for 3's ending, it was alright, but felt a bit premature. They had been boasting about a six-part tale, and to have Po now basically be a full-fledged master just seems weird when there's still possibly three more films to be made.

Some of the panda jokes were alright, but they certainly overdid by making them all act like retards. It even contradicts the stinger from the ending of the second film where some were clearly acting calm and orderly.

He’s probably referring to how Po’s father was revealed to be alive and how the ending in general tied into the 3rd movie

Don't really see how it ruined anything. KFP2 never went that far into Po's father, the bulk of attention was on his mom's sacrifice. While I can get that it meant he didn't lose his entire family, it's not like it lessened the tragedy when it was only his mom we knew who got hunted down and brutally killed.

>Prove me wrong

Easy. Shifu is one of the best animated characters period.

How do you think they'll handle the new netflix series? Will we get any actual character development?

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 31K)

You just want more snake choking don't you.

I hope at some point it touches on Tai Lung growing up and eventually becoming tainted by his greed for greatness. I want to see the exact moment when he turns.

Attached: 100_2017_nievelion2_.jpg (1100x850, 502K)

From the way it looked in the movie, right when he was told he wasn't the Dragon Warrior. It seemed that his confidence was all genuine, then to be told he'd never be more than just A great warrior, it broke him

So is he dead or what? I mean they never really address it in the first movie but movie three makes it pretty clear the finger hold is fatal.

We all do.

Attached: tyeryty4h.png (1028x1039, 212K)

Obviously he's dead, and it's even implied Kai captured him as one of the medallions looks like him.

There's a new show being made?

You wanna know what's getting made? Me. A damn fool's getting made of me. I sit here, I do my job. I get paid. I get paid money. Cold money. This money isn't even paper. Concrete with faces on it. I didn't choose to be born.

Attached: leff20.png (154x157, 20K)

???

Attached: Aku oh shit.jpg (485x359, 49K)

We've all got questions, son. The world doesn't work like we think it works. It won't ever work like we think it works. Nothing works like we thinks it works. We don't see those little goblins scampering around. Gnomes sit in our yards and work the strings by midnight. I keep my doors locked, and my family safe. I have cameras in my yard. I woke up to see a gnome at the end of my bed once. Kicked his little ass and punted him outside like a kickoff at the superbowl. I don't watch television.

Attached: leff40.png (154x157, 31K)

Pardon?

Attached: Wat shop.jpg (640x480, 73K)

Pardon's don't exist in the real word. You don't scrape under the radar. They find you. Big brother's watching and i've never read a single book in my life. My eyes work fine but I can't see any reason to. Words are just words.

Attached: leff506.png (154x157, 35K)

Que?

Attached: Turn you Inside Out.jpg (361x365, 39K)

what's your deal?

Attached: 1495764636831.jpg (332x332, 14K)

3 was the least impressive, despite having J.K. Simmons AND Brian Cranston. The bad guy wasn't nearly as interesting/fleshed out as 2's was, and 80% of the movie was LOL PANDAS ARE FAT.