Will we see Farmos in the upcoming movie?

Will we see Farmos in the upcoming movie?

Attached: 6ygSbPJBF_5AqJhlz0OhPj3FuMEwcMt41GsLxJ4AnAU.jpg (570x589, 117K)

Maybe in part 2 as a stinger
Actually that would determine whether or not I continue with the MCU.

Thanos gets the Tesseract treatment and is sent to the ass-end of the universe.

Probably not.

I would like it if he stayed alive in the end but Marvel can be formulaic and I think there's a higher chance of him getting an ambiguous fate or just getting killed off.

Thanos tends the entire field, but he only harvests half the crops.

If it happens its on part 2.

But it will be a hard time convincing audiences that a guy thta mutilated his children with his own hands becoming a peaceful farmer is a satisfatry ending.

Attached: 12345667.png (543x659, 146K)

But if he's alive and farming in the post credits scene of Avengers 4, that means we might get Thanoscopter someday.

I can see it being the final post-credits

Of course, it's perfect for jokes!

Yes, and how dare they!

Nah, they probably think that it's 'too silly' or something like that.

At least now they have an excuse.

You think thanos is good at it?

Thanos looks like a purple Mussolini

Maybe as a what could have been scenario for Thanos, like either he sees it as an option when remakes the universe, somebody uses the soul/mind stone to see what his heart desires most, or he's near death and thinks on the kind of life he could've had if he hadn't made some pivotal decision/experienced some life-changing event.

>MCU giving the villains any kind of satisfactory and true-to-the-comics arc

No.

I don't wanna sound elitist or autist or anything but this is legit an intelligent ending and the MCU is anything but intelligent.

stfu DCuck you just mad cause you ain't us :P

>monster kills half the universe
>faces no comeuppance and gets off scot free
How is this a good ending?

Part 2 epilogue of sorts where Vision (obviously going to die but brought back) has a back and forth with Thanos while doing his farming stuff, sorta like the equivalent to Adam Warlock in the comics.

Because everybody comes back to life and Warlock knows that Thanos he wasn't satisfied and won't be a problem again. People forget that Gauntlet is basically the end of Thanos' tenure as a villain. He's a weird antihero under Starlin up until Annihilation when he sides with Annihilus for shits and giggles but ultimately saves the day by freeing Galactus and then dies.

And then DnA bring him back again and he starts being a generic villain after Thanos Imperative.

It's not supposed to be a good ending. More like a bittersweet ending. Thanos lived but he was broken because he realized he wasn't made for big things after all. He found out having the ultimate power would always mean confrontation and after so many failures, he realized maybe he wasn't made to endure all of it. So he retired. Adam on the other hand got the ultimate power when all he wanted was to live the ultimate peaceful life. In the end both won and yet both lost.

It's a perfect ending.

probably killed off on a weak ass forced hubris kinda of shit.

please read some comics

Stop being so obsessed with your idea of karmic punishment in fiction. We don't need to cling to that all the time, not every story really needs it. Don't think in terms of what so and so got away with, but what makes the narrative interesting.

Considering the direction they're taking Thanos' character in the movie, I'd say it's highly probable.

Part 4

On Shuma Gorath's plantation, perhaps.

I did read the comics and I had the same question. Why bother with all this if the perpetrator gets a slap on the wrist?

> Wanda, Nebula, Drax, Thor all agreeing to let him live on a fucking farm.

It would be the dumbest ending in movie history. Like Hitler beung allowed freely go off and run a florists after WWII.

No need for the Avengers or Guardians then. If everyone just sat back and allowed Big T to do his shit and get it out of his system, everything would be fine.

Film ends with Avengers all retiring because Thanos proved they serve no purpose.

>Darkseid/Metron equivalent into an anti-hero
Luckily, someone realized that was a retarded waste of a character and made him a full time villain again in Thanos imperative

Attached: Thanos_Imperative_Ignition_Vol_1_1.jpg (1185x1825, 1.01M)

So is that it? Is that all Capeshit movies have to offer after all?

Guy does something bad
Good guy stops him
Bad guy dies
Stupid bad joke
The end

Starlin liked to think bigger and deeper than that.

No, because it's a fantastic and pivotal aspect of Thanos.

the false flag is strong with this one

did you forget that thanos faked? his own death

Oh he's so smart, defying logic and ending a straightforward concept with a wonky, out of character ending for everyone besides his self insert Warlock.

It's supposed to be bittersweet. He may have "survived," but he did so knowing that no matter what he did, he can't win. Death will never love him. He will never be satisfied. He can win all he wants, but he'll never obtain the prize. Him being a simple, living farmer after spending so much planning and willpower to achieve ultimate godhood is the hardest thing Thanos could do, because now he has to accept what he is: Someone who was never meant to really win.

People who pull the "Thanos makes himself lose" maymays never read the comic. He did so after the realization that he will never truly get what he wants.

When you say it like that, I do see the beauty of it. But it's the gravity of the crime that really gets me, alongside an entire series of him brutalizing our favorite heroes.
>tfw no good scans of Infinity Gauntlet

Attached: thanos-in-the-infinity-gauntlet-1992.jpg (1794x1284, 891K)

That's why it works. One of the biggest events in reality ends on a farm.

For Thanos to see his downfall, there's need for some conflict. So the Avengers are needed but not as important players. Just catalyzers to unfold events beyond their grasp. The problem with the movie following this story is the fact Thanos doesn't really have a mirror. Someone who's his equal but can show the opposite side of what he's looking for. In that regard, it's a shame the cosmic side of the MCU is more worried about memes than writing a complex story.

lol confirmed for not reading Thanos Imperative

Hitler started a dentist practice uptown.

>"Thanos makes himself lose" maymays never read the comic.
But he does throw the fight.

>He did so after the realization that he will never truly get what he wants.
And that was why.

I don't think you know what I'm talking about. Sup Forums spent a long time characterizing Thanos entirely as "the guy who makes himself lose." He did it in a context that made sense, his character theme isn't just giving up fights.

Here you go. This is the result of your 'full time villain' desire.

I hope you're happy with it.

Attached: villain-thanos.jpg (624x585, 94K)

>Death will never love him.
so then is thanos, like, the ultimate Nice Guy?

>it's Thanos
>and he's got a gun!

I mean we don't call him the Cosmic Supreme Gentleman for nothing

You're right. But I'm still correct

Thanos returns to his High School alma mater, but for the last time.

Depends how they decide to end it.

>I don't actually read comics but listen to me anyway I totally know what I'm talking about
Mhmm whatever you say dear

Quips that we will have in Infinite War
>Helicopter quip
>Farmer quip
>Police quip
>Drop the gauntlet quip

A FARM?

Warlock is not his self-insert. Nor is Thanos. I know it's hard for you to grasp but just because Starlin's favorite character beat up your favorite character doesn't make him a Mary Sue or whatever you power-level wanking faggot.

Besides everyone knows Starlin's self-insert is Vanth Dreadstar.

"Wasn't expecting you to teleport in...thought a helicopter was more your style."

"I prefer Prince for my purple prose."

Adam Warlork is a Gary Stu.

He's the male counterpart to the likes of Moon Girl, Carl Manvers, or America

And yet GotG got made.

And was great, proving that capes don't need to be serious dramas. People watch to have fun with a good story and charming characters.

No he isn't. Youre just mad because he beat up your favorite character one time.

Why is he sweating from doing farm work? Can't he level cities?

The sun is still hot

Definitely the stinger at the end of A4

>We now have people in Sup Forums that can't fucking understand a simple comic like Infinity Gauntlet and Thanos Quest.

Jesus, the fucking state of Sup Forums.

Yep. Since MCU Thanos' motivation is "I saw my world destroy itself through overpopulation, so I'm going to make sure that never happens anywhere again by forcibly culling the population of the universe to keep it manageable" instead of "I'm a crazy bastich who wants to stick my dick in the embodiment of Death (who may not exist outside my own twisted brain)", becoming a farmer in his own pocket-dimension prison would actually make a lot of sense for his defeat.

Maybe that's even part of how they beat Thanos? Since the Infinity Gauntlet basically turns thought into reality, perhaps our heroes basically prey on Thanos' hidden desires until he unwittingly depowers himself and becomes Farmos?

>Death (who may not exist outside my own twisted brain)"
Do you actually read comics?

Wasn't it initially ambiguous if Thanos' "Lady Death" was real or not, and then it was retconned in that she's explicitly a real thing?

No

This is why you should just stick to your movies.

Muh sekrit club
We should strive to educate

It's not a fucking secret club. All you have to do is to read the comics. My job isn't to spoonfeed you so you can continue mouthing off without reading anything.

comeuppance/karmic punishments and the like are the cringiest shit ever
people who ask for these are morons

>using the exact same put down twice
Oh man, you sure showed us

>people who want the bad guys to lose are cringy morons
You sound like an edgelord

lose can just be their goal not being fulfilled

Correct, because I'm not gonna waste time arguing with folks who don't read comics. Feel free to come back after you've formed a real opinion.

It's refreshing to find a post that isn't one track minded in regard to this. I appreciate it.

Attached: 1444948661158.jpg (243x250, 6K)

>Infinity Gauntlet

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:d7095bd8a128882912387291f62fdc81cc0d6ded

It's got all appearances by thanos in chronological order up to 2014.

What surprised me is the prominence of Iron Man in his stories, makes sense now, with IM being a big deal in the film.

>become the most powerful force in the universe
>do it all for love
>find out the girl will never love you, no matter how alpha and chad you are
>fuck this, i'mma go be a neet.
Fuck, is Thanos /ourguy/ then?

was this meant to look like the last supper, btw?

Attached: Captain Marvel - Last supper.png (1082x513, 1.23M)

Yes.

I agree. It's so boring and predictible and also shows a lack of depth on the characters.

>X guy is so bad, he has to die.
>But wait, the hero can't do it
>Enter: retarded scene where the villain kills himself via accident, another not-hero character, special artifact, or technology gone wrong.

So boring (and in some cases incredibly stupid).

Holy fuck, bless you!

At least Annihilation and Imperative were good, since Infinity and his upcoming pop culture status(Like Starlin having a fallout over him with Marvel) I fully expect Thanos to be churned out everywhere like Darkseid in the 2000s, his good stories will still be there but be lessened by garbage and overwhelming genericness

Of course. The point of Starlin's stint on Captain Marvel was to turn a brash soldier into a messiah. The point of his Warlock was turn a messiah into, well, basically Elric.

jesus, IM is almost front and center in most of the early thanos stuff, at least compared to all the other avengers.

Attached: avengers annual 07-17.jpg (800x1157, 338K)

>Will we see Farmos in the upcoming movie?
The studio certainly is thinking about it...

Attached: thanos farmer.png (1600x860, 1.05M)

>I would like it if he stayed alive in the end but Marvel can be formulaic and I think there's a higher chance of him getting an ambiguous fate or just getting killed off.
It is harder to keeping Thanos dead than killing The Joker. A big point about Thanos is he likes dying, he just never gets to stay dead.

Thanos definitely became Starlin's self-insert in the 2000's (see: Thanos talking to Galactus as a metaphor for Starlin's opinion on Iraq)

Black Panther looks so sassy in this.

>What surprised me is the prominence of Iron Man in his stories
He does appear a lot although he's pretty useless in some of those stories and does nothing

How is he a Gary Stu when he has been beaten and he is showed as being insufferable and a flawed character?