~1970

>~1970
Harvard biologist George Wald estimated that “civilization will end within 15 or 30 years unless immediate action is taken against problems facing mankind.”

>1975
Newsweek article entitled “The Cooling World". There are ominous signs that the Earth’s weather patterns have begun to change dramatically and that these changes may portend a drastic decline in food production — with serious political implications for just about every nation on Earth. The drop in food output could begin quite soon, perhaps only 10 years from now.

>1989
The San Jose Mercury News reported on June 30, 1989 that a “senior environmental official at the United Nations, Noel Brown, says entire nations could be wiped off the face of the earth by rising sea levels if global warming is not reversed by the year 2000.”

>2002
George Monbiot wrote in the UK Guardian that within “as little as 10 years, the world will be faced with a choice: arable farming either continues to feed the world’s animals... It cannot do both.”

>2008
ABC News; by 2015 we'll be paying $9 per gallon for gasoline, milk will cost $13 a gallon, and parts of the US will be under water.

These are just five examples from a pool of tens of thousands of "scientific conclusions" made by "experts" dating all the way back to the late 60's.

How much longer can they keep up this charade, Sup Forums?

Why are these "scientists" who spread so many false claims not imprisoned for the hysteria they have caused and the billions of dollars they have wasted?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_cooling
globalresearch.ca/global-cooling-is-here/10783
blogs.scientificamerican.com/guest-blog/ipcc-finally-acknowledges-its-e2809chimalayan-blundere2809d/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i was saying the other day how it was strange that global warming madness was trending because trump got elected. yesterdays claim was that the north pole is 36 degrees warmer than it should be. now im not a climate expert, but holy hell 36 degrees is a bit of a stretch, you would think the rest of the world would have to compensate for that? so why arent we at the equator at least a few degrees warmer?

Well North is *up* right?
And heat rises, right?
So the heat rises NORTH, or "up" and pool at the North pole.

Damn user, you stupid.

you stupid! also i hate sarcasm!

Back in high school (approx 2007) my teacher explained to me that when he was in school, they were worried about Global COOLING. He's not a repub either. Anyone verify this Global Cooling thing way back when?

Envirowhacko fear mongering has been a feature of daily life since the 60s

The antarctic is about 36 degrees colder, there is a problem with earths axis that we can try and fix with multiple nuclear detonations in the equatorial zones.

Obviously the only problem is too many monkeys and not enough bananas, you can already tell by the price of a decent tree house. Until the base problem is addressed it's all just mental masturbation but who is going to decide who fornicates and who doesn't? Who gets birth control, education and access to abortion and who doesn't? No one, if they try the monkeys will revolt like they always do. Best course is let bananas run out and let monkeys die, from the ashes will rise new banana plantations and monkeys as always.

>it's another Sup Forums mistakes offhanded comments for "scientific conclusions" thread

God if only that article came true. Humans are a problem, I dont fully accept ""global warming"" as a fully manmade thing. Sure we do things that could expedite it, but I largely believe we are in a natural warming phase. Humans however are great at physically destroying our environment which is a problem. It wouldn't hurt to have a few less people. What we need is mass extinction in africa and other developing parts of the world.

You're not alone, that was the hot meme before global warming, which as you know, came before "climate change".

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_cooling

It is still being argued commonly today "experts".

globalresearch.ca/global-cooling-is-here/10783

It's just wishful thinking.

To be fair the developed countries have really made strides to limit these kinds of externalities.

why do non-scientists think they can say things like "believe we are in a natural warming phase." heres an idea how about u fucking educate yourself and you go find the answer and then you show us research YOU made

Maybe the U.N. and Harvard professors shouldn't make outrageously misleading "offhanded comments."

It's still a thing considering on a cosmic scale the Earth is set to cool down soon (well, soon in a cosmic scale) as we're in an interglacial period.

My dad was taught about it in university and it still holds.

Science is about questioning results and pushing back against answers to try to refine them. There is a reason it is a theory, because nothing has been scientifically proven. If you knew anything about earth science then you would know that the earths global temperature is constantly in fluctuation.

this
go PROVE it
then why isn't "earths global temperature is constantly in fluctuation" not in the headlines more? if that is more of a truth that global warming than global cooling. in short THEY DONT KNOW

It's real. the estimates are just off. Scientists predict that Boston will be completely underwater by 2100.

Because that goes against the narrative. Are you that naive? The whole global warming issue is about money. Think of the billions of dollars invested in it and invested in attacking oil companies and things like that. There is profit to be made.

I don't know man, the only problem I can see is global niggering.

K you go out and live in fucking boston. you go study the carbon levels, marine life, coastal shelf levels, sand composition, biofilm composition, and you fucking document this shit for the next 10 years and you come back here and you fucking tell us what you found bich. and if you found nothing, you better take your ass back there to boston and do it again for another 10 years until you find the result you want.
i dont understand i just cant live in a world full of stupid people anymore life truly is unfair hold me

Hey OP look up when the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change got caught outright lying about the melting of the Himalaya ice sheet. Of course they (along with Al Gore) never had to return their Nobel Prize but who cares about intergrity...

>muh 97%

blogs.scientificamerican.com/guest-blog/ipcc-finally-acknowledges-its-e2809chimalayan-blundere2809d/

>darwinism
>population control
>nazism
>malthusian collapse
>eugenics
western civ comes from a long tradition of molochism, more news at 12

this world truly is shit, as i see more dishonesty - it gives me more motive to do just the same. for not partaking in the same dishonesty would serve an injustice to myself.

>molochism
you would know

>i dont understand
then why don't you actually do independent research both from ""mainstream"" ""reputable"" sources and from independent sources. You're the type of person that makes the world dumber because you don't question things, you just take info up the ass and never think twice.

I DO UNDERSTAND PEOPLE ARE JUST STUPID BECAUSE OF BIOLOGY what i dont understand is why is this happening who is controlling us my ultimate question is something only god can answer

>Although Bagla's articles reveal embarrassing foibles of scientists, ultimately they also illustrate science's ability to self-correct."

G-guys, I didn't lie! I just made a mistake, now look at what a great scientist I am for correcting my "mistake" 5 years later only after being proven a liar!

Fucking gold.

k

>These are just five examples from a pool of tens of thousands of "scientific conclusions" made by "experts"
no, these are five examples of bad journalism in mainstream media.

in published scientific papers, global warming was accepted since 1970s

"Then why isnt 'mass immigration is bad and will destroy the white race' in the headlines more?"

cant tell if sarcasm but its because its just like the other user said, people are willingly stupid and if its not part of the narrative then its not part of the narrative

That's how niggers """think"""", user.

well dont u ever think as simple as niggers are, dont you think they are onto something?

>Prove it
Are you fucking retarded?
Google glacial periods and try to understand the really simple mechanisms through which they work. You fucking mongoloid.

>Inb4 hurr muh climate scientists
Not really.

If shit starts to really go south by 2040 (Which is about the range of most responsible forecasts), then these predictions will have only been a few decades off. That's not much when you're considering a geologic timespan.

according to this wikipedia: a period can last as long as 100000 years or longer. It looks like we are arguing for a "warmer" warm period that we are supposedly entering. When we talk about 100000 years to change global temperatures - compared to the few years we have had satellites observing the earth from above, or the few years we HAVE been documenting climate: I think its a bit of a stretch and not enough data. Again, even if we were arguing that humans are speeding this process up, I want to know by how much? Do you really think 100000 years of disastrous earthquakes and volcanoes much more reactive than they are today releasing metric tons of carbon - trump 100 years of industrial revolution? We are supposedly entering a warm period anyways! How do you differentiate what is normal change and what is man made? in statistics class the biggest rule was to never project data points if there weren't comparably enough. and when you are thinking of climate and hundreds of thousands of years, yes we need more data.

also about the ice core samples being sampled for CO2 content: im sorry but correlation does not equal causation. another simple thing i learned in statistics class.

Exactly, that whole field was relatively new 30 years ago, last 10 years we have a butt load more technology and data now to model more accurately.

but its not accurate enough! if we dont know the origins of the universe, what makes you think we can predict future entire climate changes? my weather man cant even get the fucking weather right

Is actually somewhat correct, heat filters up from the equator through atmospheric circulation and gets dumped at the poles. In any case, what's important is that you can get your own measuring system and go up there to check it out yourself. Ebil guberment agents aren't the only ones who are allowed to study the arctic. This will be even more of a moot point when shipping companies are able to traverse the Northwest Passage for less than it costs to go through the Panama Canal.

ok so the heat that filters to the equator is unimportant/moot. you know what i heard the weakest form of convection is? through air.

The concept of Global Warming was created by and for the (((Chinese))) in order to make US manufacturing non-competitive.

yes do you know how this works? chinese are being funded their factories under the guise that they are doing what they can to reduce their emissions. they just take the money as profit, which they can use to make their factories more efficient/produce cheaper shit while still making even more profit.