Can we take a second to admire this? Why is this not kino? They did hella justice to Spider-Man I think

Can we take a second to admire this? Why is this not kino? They did hella justice to Spider-Man I think.

>Peter is an actual journalist
>Stories revolve around his college/professional life which is already exciting as a journalist/photographer.
>Real Street Level dealing with real Crime bosses
>JJJ is older and not a dick to Peter.
>Spunky Reporter partner half the time because that's how journalism works you dumb fucks. Lol
>Black "better Brant" character who is actually super useful.
>Uses the bugle's resources to help save people, even as Parker.
>"Not a camp joke" according to Hammond as to his portrayal of Parker.
>Spider-Man scenes worked as well as they could for an 80's television show.
>Webshooters, mirror lenses, utility belt, spider tracers.
>ACTUALLY USES HIS FUCKING SPIDER-SENSES.
>the plot itself is propelled by Parker most of the time, so that Spider-Man has the opportunity to do amazing stuff.
>He actually saves people.
>Gets shot multiple times.
>No CGI
>OG suit.

I know it was a bit far from the comics and we didn't get to see giant animal based villians, but do we seriously need that? NO, because they worked perfectly fine within the normal criminal underworld. People don't realise that Spider-Man can fight the mob and gangs just like Batman you know.

This show was realistic asf besides obvious plot holes that you could expect from any 70's tv show. How did this show not last longer? Spider-Man scenes always had thrill to them, dramatically, even if it felt a little cheap. (Crooks grabbing webs so it looks like they are tied up.)

Overall I'd rate it 7/10

Thoughts, Sup Forums? What's your fav. Ep?

Attached: 52182_1_large.jpg (544x800, 136K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=g1PePr8hAsc
youtube.com/watch?v=2emvFRpg4Cw
youtu.be/8uRLgeEepzg?t=5395
youtube.com/watch?v=gjgaf1sNz8E
youtube.com/watch?v=5Jls08MQiFA
youtube.com/watch?v=jtqi9JytOXY
youtube.com/watch?v=IsPmVfsP7kg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

spidermans action scenes were walking infront of a comicbook panel tho

I liked how he creeped along and tried to be kinda like a ninja. But I DEFINITELY can agree that they totally could have used a better suit actor to give more life to his action.

I mean, if they can get 15 different actors for the same roll in these comic shows and movies why not go the extra mile to get 2-3 people to make Spider-Man Seem a little more agile? Otherwise, it's a 70's tv show lol.

No one knew what you could do with harnesses and Kung Fu stunt stand ins and stuff yet.

Attached: 1977_live_action_series_spider_man_by_stick_man_11-d6mstxm.jpg (563x1420, 107K)

Everybody knows that Japanese Spider-Man was more kino.
>youtube.com/watch?v=g1PePr8hAsc

Attached: 70sJapSpideySpiderverse.jpg (800x332, 79K)

I like it all except the fucking robot. Fuck that shit.

Attached: HduyJxy_d.jpg (640x360, 15K)

Fucking loved this show! It was my first introduction to Spider-Man as a kid. He is my absolute favorite character to this day because of it.

Best part of spider-verse

It’s so weird that Friedrich von Trapp was the first live action Peter Parker.

FUCK YOU LEOPARDON IS GOAT

>Black "better Brant" character who is actually super useful.

Why the hell didn't they call her Glory Grant in this, she was already around like two years before the pilot was made.

>not listing the funky ass soundtrack

youtube.com/watch?v=2emvFRpg4Cw

also, I'm convinced 90's TAS Peter was based on Nick Hammond

>also, I'm convinced 90's TAS Peter was based on Nick Hammond

He was.

sauce

That and 60s JJJ

Said robot was actually the first of its kind and the codifier for Toku heroes having them.

Which makes it all the weirder since it would at least be more understandable if they were following an already insisting trend rather than creating one.

I remember them doing their own weird little take on the original 70s Clone Saga story with the Jackal replaced by a dude called Prof. Moon or something.

Is this from the 70s tv show where he literally makes up and becomes Spiderman to get a newspaper reward for info?

Posting all 3 '70's spider-man themes cuz they are ridiculously good! Starting with TV movie test pilot!
youtu.be/8uRLgeEepzg?t=5395

The last link didn't go to what i wanted it to go to. Copy Paste.

Tv #1

youtube.com/watch?v=gjgaf1sNz8E

Tv # 2

youtube.com/watch?v=5Jls08MQiFA

Getting my parents to rent The Chinese Web when I was like 4 was one of my first Spider-Man things before the 90s series.

Takuya is best spidey

Attached: Japanese+spiderman_dcd2c6_5528721.jpg (584x386, 20K)

Op here, I don't have sauce, but come on. It's obvious lol.

Attached: spay.jpg (280x188, 21K)

Unholy fuck, user, seriously?
Nigga the reason I can't get on board is because why only have webs on the legs? Why not a giant spider robot or something? A fucking leapord/tiger/cat thing? Wtf. I could see Tony making a giant spider robot drone or some shit for Parker or Parker himself partnering with someone to make it but a giant cat robot? Fr?

Attached: 10952082_1537938609789979_239369784934498043_n.jpg (261x177, 15K)

Op here, Thanks, user!

OG

Attached: 1519501261387.jpg (400x300, 79K)

>kino
Off yourself, dickheads

what is this, 2006?

we say knobheads now

Attached: 1464542554553.jpg (380x372, 47K)

The fact that he didn't fight his rogues forever doomed this show to crap tier.

I like that better than KINO
sounds mexican

Yep. The Leapardon toy sold insanely well so Toei decided to put a mech in their next Super Sentai series (Battle Fever J, which was actually inspired by Captain America and co-produced with Marvel), the toys sold amazingly and the series (and its copies/derivatives) has centred around giant mech fights ever since.

>Peter is an actual journalist
It fucked up.
Boring if thats all he does, nohing to make him show off.
>JJJ is older and not a dick to Peter.
It fucked up.
>Spunky Reporter partner half the time because that's how journalism works you dumb fucks. Lol
Peter isnt a Journalist and also thats stupid.

Op here.

Barely any of his rogues are realistic. Fuck you. This was the 70's. I don't get why everyone is so butthurt over them not having toy merch type characters in this show. It wasn't meant to have those kinda characters.

Why the fuck does it matter if he doesn't fight scorpion or vulture? This show wasn't for kids. It wasn't about to have a bunch of silly men children walking around in stupid constumes. Spidey is more than enough. You obviously didn't watch the show or get it's entire premise.

In just about everything else the only association he has to being a photographer is his camera and 5 minutes of a film with JJJ in TASM movies they didn't have him do shit with a fucking camera.

As well, newspapers send a photographer and a reporter even though the jobs are damn near the same one just writes while other shoots photos. (Lois lane and Jimmy olsen)

Idc if you think the premise or whatever is stupid, but it works within the story at least. It's got its own universe so don't get butthurt because doc Ock didn't show up. It was basically Miami vice with Spider-Man which is totally acceptable.

You also obviously don't get that JJJ eventually becomes Parker's friend. It's not like JJJ is a douche he just thinks Spidey is a menace the first decade or so of his career.

So you're saying Spider-Man inspired fucking Mecha? Real shit? So spidey=transformers?

Finally you. Idk if you say that as a good or bad thing? I just rewatched the first episode of the show and they made it smooth asf. They called him Spider-Man first, so Peter couldn't do some stupid shit like "the human spider." They had him stop a burglary (kinda) so that people knew he wxisted and this spiraled into him becoming Spider-Man. Without that, JJJ wouldnt have kept asking questions to which Parker found the easiest to explain answers, like what does he wear? How does he crawl the walls? What is his angle? It spiraled down nicely.

Attached: Stop.jpg (600x542, 148K)

>Was hoping him and the Bill Bixby Hulk were in the same universe
>According to Marvel, they're from different earths

FUCK.

>realism reee

Listen. I get some of what you're saying, but theres an appeal to supervillains, and the reason JJJ became his friend is a result of progression, he didnt start that way.

Superheroes like Spider-Man require supervillains of similar caliber to properly display the kind of daring do he's supposedly up to all the time, and yeah its not the only story you should tell with them, far from it, but its just as bad to have only realism as it is to focus entirely on power levels.

Also being a photographer isnt the same as being a journalist. Peter doesnt investigate stories, he takes snapshots for money, if he started as a photographer but became a photo journalist that'd be an interesting progression. You need to get there, not start there.

Attached: WHO MADE YOU.jpg (720x307, 26K)

>In a 2002 interview with SFX magazine, Nicholas Hammond revealed that there were plans to do an Amazing Spider-Man series reunion movie in 1984. The proposal would have had the original cast team-up with the cast of The Incredible Hulk television series (a major hit for CBS), with Hammond appearing in the black Spider-Man costume. According to Hammond, a deal was arranged to have Columbia and Universal Studios co-produce the project. Bill Bixby was going to direct the TV-movie, in addition to reprising the role of David Banner. However, Universal eventually canceled the project. Hammond said he was told that Lou Ferrigno was unavailable to reprise his role as the Hulk, because he was in Italy filming Hercules. However, in his 2003 autobiography My Incredible Life as the Hulk, Ferrigno stated that he was never contacted about the project, adding that he had recently finished filming Hercules II and that his availability was not an issue.

Adios, motherfucker

Attached: repomgtow.gif (350x152, 1.31M)

I still like to pretend that early pre-90s live-action Spidey, Hulk, Doctor Strange, Punisher, Howard the Duck, etc. are all set in the same reality.

Tl;dr, executive meddling is why we can't have nice things.

>Oh, Mighty Isis!

Why isn't this shit on dvd or streaming? The Hulk series and movies, Captain America movies and even Doctor Strange all are.

Attached: 80b9ddd15279f08cfb087b6d9c022419.jpg (480x360, 22K)

I can get with that, but at the same time they built their Spidey from the ground up, it was never supposed to be like the comics. Maybe if they renewed it for another season and upped the budget another few grand maybe they could have used like hammer head or scorpion or goblin maybe? You gotta think of production value. It was low budget enough. I think it would have been cool to see some of the villians in the show though, like what would they be disigned like?

I'm currently watching it rn like I've seen a few eps but not all, and JJJ is played by two actors the first doesn't like him, I'm interested in seeing how and why they change it. It's probably like the TASM2 suit. No official explanation in the footage.

I feel like he really is a photo journalist in the show and not just a photographer, but at the same time they give him that spunky chick trying to figure out who Spidey is in Spider-Man strikes back and I feel like they could have taken that some places by making her closer to him, finding out but helping keep his secrets.

I just think, as it's own set aside reality, it's really good for being set in it's own universe, however,
This motherfucker gets it. I accept this. This is the new Film Canon. We need a made for the movie with all these characters. Badly niggas.

Attached: 1519503415094.jpg (400x350, 33K)

youtube.com/watch?v=jtqi9JytOXY

When Sci-Fi would run the annual marathon, I'd always draw them together in my little composition book. Of course, back then I didn't even picture we'd get real big budget movies.

the hero france needs, but not the one it deserves

But would it use 1940s Serial Cap, 1970s Telefilm Cap or 1990 Film Cap?

Well, he did say pre-90s, most likely 70s.

Wait, Doctor Strange? Any good quality? I think I got a VHS rip years ago.

Fuck You!

>Wait, Doctor Strange? Any good quality? I think I got a VHS rip years ago.

The 70s TV movie got a DVD release recently to cash in on the MCU flick.

I had downloaded all the episodes a year or so back, but I lost my hdd

Anyone have download links??

Op here, I'd love some good quality downloads of the SPIDER-MAN show. Real talk.

Attached: download_2.png (224x225, 12K)

Well where did you watch it?
The downloads i had weren't high quality or anything but they were decent

Can we take a second to admire this? Why is this not kino? They did hella justice to Flash I think.

>Barry is an actual forensic scientist
>Stories revolve around his professional life which is already exciting as a CSI
>His family is alive even if his dad is a dick to Barry.
>Spunky crime lab partner half the time because that's how forensics works you dumb fucks. Lol
>Hot Tina McGee character who is actually super useful.
>Uses his own resourcefulness to help save people, even as Allen.
>"Not a camp joke" according to Shipp as to his portrayal of Allen.
>Flash scenes worked as well as they could for an 90's television show.
>Phasing through walls, speed reading, hypermetabolism.
>ACTUALLY USES HIS FUCKING SUPERSENSES.
>the plot itself is propelled by Allen most of the time, so that Flash has the opportunity to do amazing stuff.
>He actually catches criminal.
>Gets shit done multiple times.
>Solid CGI
>OG suit.

I know it was a bit far from the comics and we didn't get to see big element-based villians very often, but do we seriously need that? NO, because they worked perfectly fine within the normal criminal underworld. People don't realise that Flash can fight the mob and gangs just like Batman you know.

This show was realistic asf besides obvious plot holes that you could expect from any 90's tv show. How did this show not last longer? Flash scenes always had thrill to them, dramatically, even if it felt a little cheap. (Crooks taking dives so it looks like they got knocked at superspeed)

Overall I'd rate it 7/10

Thoughts, Sup Forums? What's your fav. Ep?

Attached: Flash.jpg (310x450, 12K)

Kek

I think it should take place in the same world as Batman 1989/Batman Returns

Should've guessed, that's neat. Gotta look it up.

Now THIS I can get behind. Never been that much of a DC reader, but seemed like a decent Barry Allen portrayal.
Good soundtrack, no teen relationshit drama etc. I remember knowing the Trickster from this, and the clone episode comes to mind.

I've just been Googling it, dailymotion and YouTube have the movies. But YouTube videos have VHS recording that produce a high pitch squeel the entire time so I've been going to random websites finding the episodes. I'm 20yo user, so I haven't seen all the episodes and I'm trying hard to watch them. I like old tv and movies. (CreatureFTBlack lagoon, Psycho, metropolis, etc)

Op here, yes, I'll have amoment of silence for this amazing show. This dude was in the new show too so is Hamill as trickster and that kind of heart is why I like both shows old and new. Both this and Spider-Man 77 understood what made the characters likeable and exciting to watch. When most of the show is Parker or Allen DOING SHIT and just becoming Spidey or flash to finish the fight is what I like.

I get that Batman is the real person but with Spider-Man or flash, it's all about the human side of life.

>I feel like you're being an asshole but 90's flash really is Kino so you get a pass.

Attached: 1354191348018.png (454x360, 220K)

It probably did. They were pretty upfront about aping Burton's tone and aesthetic.

youtube.com/watch?v=IsPmVfsP7kg
I can see it

This, but completely unironically. I think Flash did the street level crime plots a lot better than 70s Spidey, and wasn't afraid to get a little silly by the end of its run.

Also was made a long time after, with better materials probably better budget and stuff.

It wasn’t, you fucking retard, there’s an interview with the creator of the Animated Series where he said that it was Stan Lee who wanted a more hip Parker

The suit looks home made, I give you that

Dude wtf is up with everyone on Sup Forums? I mean I get that Sup Forums is anonymous and most people here are degenerates but come on? Do you really have to be a pissy sissy dick-hole about it?
>You're right
>You're also unreasonably mad and or douchy about something totally pointless.

I think Hammond was just HIP for his time and that's why both Parker's look similar.

>Even still, Semper himself acknowledges that they look similar.
>My Headcanon won't change just because of your rage, in fact, it makes it stronger.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-03-26-01-41-45.png (720x1280, 184K)

because that was wally