THE FIRST THREE EPISODES WERE SO GOOD WHY GENNDY WHY

THE FIRST THREE EPISODES WERE SO GOOD WHY GENNDY WHY

Attached: 1521508130679.png (370x323, 85K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JPQZxvzbydM
youtube.com/watch?v=uQ8kxrNf6fQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Just let it go user

Who decided on 10 episodes? Genndy or AS?

All ten episodes were good, you just hate women

Don't blame him man, blame the shitheads at adult swim. They still fucked up with the whole romance plot though, Jack is better as a lone warrior.

No, I just hate Nia and all things similar to her. Goddamn what a waste of Hynden Walch.

I'm more angry about the Scotsman dying like a bitch then being erased

how do you go from this

youtube.com/watch?v=JPQZxvzbydM

>episodes 1-3 = how people remember Samurai Jack
>episodes 4-10 = what most of the series was actually like

limited budget

Exactly. 5th season was advertised as a cooler, edgier version but in the episode 4 it started going back to its CN origins.

At first I thought, doesn't the ending seem hypocritical after he stayed behind for the monks
But upon reflection it may be a character flaw of his that he will always stay behind, and it is the point of Ashi to drag him in the portal
She looks at Jack externally and can make that decision for him, and it was his good nature that brought her to his side, therefore rectifying his character flaw

to THIS

youtube.com/watch?v=uQ8kxrNf6fQ

I still feel like the Ashi romance angle wasn't a bad thing - in theory - but the problem was that the season didn't have enough episodes for it to develop.

The season REALLY needed to have thirteen episodes or, at minimum, made the finale an hour long special.

iirc Genndy said they would need 10 episodes at minimum, and that's what they got. Had adult swim given them a full season's worth of episodes it wouldn't have felt so rushed.

I don’t hate women, I just hate bad writing.

>How dare you criticize Legend of Korra, you just hate lesbians

The first three episodes can be looked at in different ways, either as one long episode or three different ones, but they still felt like Samurai Jack.
They go along the lines of what you could expect from the original seasons; long silence, fast paced action, barely any dialogue, mostly visual storytelling, great focus on backgrounds, both goofy and dangerous villains...
Aside from the increased level of violence and darker themes, it was still traditional Samurai Jack.
As a self contained story they worked fine.
However, the rest of the season had to change its tune somewhat, since it had a strict plot to follow in order to tell a story. And it wasn't a particularly metaphysical one that allowed for long pauses, silence and no dialogue, it was a relatively simple but very traditional kind of story. It required characterization, exposition, focus of multiple characters... Thus, they could not treat it like the original seasons. However, Genndy didn't bring back Samurai Jack to turn it into a regular action cartoon with familiar characters; he wanted to stick to the original's identity as much as possible.
So, we got a story that combined a traditional narrative with a episodic formula, a blend in which didn't really work. That's why it all feels so off, while the first three episodes, which stay focused and on point are so outstanding, not accounting how well directed, animated and written they are.
This is coming from someone who really enjoyed season 5 and wasn't too pissed off at the ending.

tl;dr The first three episodes are Samurai Jack while the remaining 7 are a blend in of SJ and a regular action cartoon

This. For some reason, people seem to think of Jack as a perfect human being who can do no wrong; they don't ever consider that this morals and honor code can get in the way of his quest the same way Aku's evil has led him to failure multiple times.

wait
Wait
WAIT
The part before the fight is a The Good The Bad t5he Ugly reference isn't it? Just now dawns to me.

Attached: SSSS2.png (837x302, 520K)

the piano? yeah reminded me of it too, but could be once upon a time in the west

that's a nice way of explaining the constant stalemate desu

Attached: 1360120737690.jpg (1280x1024, 747K)

AS usually gives shows 10 half-hour seasons nowadays

Not just the music, also the fact that it's a graveyard of many identical graveswhich are arranged in a semi circle.

I just wanted a longer, cooler version of the fight Jack and Aku had in the first episode with the crazy shapeshifting shit. Or at least that armor look lasting more than one episode. Fuck you, Genndy.

Attached: armor.png (1280x1536, 727K)

I wanted that king to come alive after Jack grabs that cursed ax, but oh well.

Are we still on this?

Attached: This thread again.jpg (373x259, 13K)

1 to 5 did nothing wrong

A good question.
Something ruined it, no doubt.
Hard to say what.
Ideas, anyone?

Best ending tbqh

Attached: LEGEND.jpg (1041x1600, 413K)

>Terrible writing and pacing is ok if a woman is there

Attached: 1490408127642.jpg (791x722, 104K)

>you just hate women

Attached: 1521744865433.png (225x225, 7K)