DC has contacted you to write a story set in the Earth One universe. What character do you choose and what's the story...

DC has contacted you to write a story set in the Earth One universe. What character do you choose and what's the story? What makes it different than what already exists?

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-03-25 at 1.11.26 PM.png (272x324, 112K)

Harley

She's crazy and thinks she's doing heroic things when in reality she's fucking everything up

There DC hire me, I gave you hero Harley without actually making her a hero

That's basically just Harley now.

Blue Beetle Earth One

Make it like Raimi Spider-Man.

Martian Manhunter
i had this idea that it would tie into the 1947 Roswell incident
>1947 Scientist find a crashed spaceship near rosswell
>J'onn is captured and put into isolation
>story follows a scientist and his journal, describing the experiences with interacting with such a alien being
>the time in roswell mostly exists out of paranoia, the scientist and generals have absolutely no idea how to deal with him
>J'onn, whos motivation seems mysterious, doesnt try to do much harm, but to these people his very existance is frightening
>the soldiers and generals are constantly on edge for when J'onn does do something unusual, even when his intent wasnt malicious
>we follow the main scientist and his journal on how he interacts with J'onn, the scientist eventually grows sympethatic towards him
>J'ons powerset in this universe still includes shapeshifting, telepathy and flight, his strength is nowhere near superman levels and his phasing is gone
>J'onn can obviously escape his human confinement but doesnt, he keeps saying he has a great message for them and thats why he plays along
>eventually J'onn escapes from Roswel, showing his true power and he disapears into society

Attached: Ross.jpg (180x270, 14K)

earth 1 hawkman he starts out with vandal savage as cavemen, find the nth metal, they start an eternal immortal war oceans of conan style combat blood flow from ancient forgotten hyperborea to egypt to atlantis etc etc to modern age

I was thinking Wonder Woman or The Creeper but I don't know what to do with anything DC other than hope they keep making movies that I enjoy. Has Aquaman been Earth One'd yet?

Manapul is set to do Aquaman E1 but we don't know anything about it and with what's been going on in his life I don't see it happening any time soon

DC is more inclined to make her an actual hero or antihero

Justice Society of America

Secret military program funded by Thomas Wayne and trained by Frank Rock to handle the Axis forces' growing Captain Nazi program.

Includes:
Sandman
The Atom
Wildcat
Starman
Black Canary
Green Lantern (alan scott)
Flash (Jay Garrick)
Doc Fate

This sounds like exactly what they'd do and I hate it

I'd read it desu

Not bad

Nightwing Earth One
Clark Kent takes a bereaved Dick Grayson as his ward and sidekick. Powerless, he eventually relies on Krypton tech to patrol the streets of Gotham as a happy go lucky beacon of hope. Batgirl first and only Bat vigilante to emerge, following a darker more violent ethos. Love affair/antagonism develops.

This would almost work in main continuity. Reminds me of Cap's old team.

>Dick adopted by Clark

good

>Dick/Babs

bad

Wildcat Earth One

Obvious Stallone homage moonlights as a crime fighter. Trains a prodigy Dinah. He faces off against Count Vertigo, Latverian mobster, after he his family were dethroned. He desperately grasps for power he no longer holds.

Wildcat's faced with a foe who relies on fucking with his senses, it's a perfect foe for him.

Already pretty much exists:

Teen Titans E1 w/o the teens

Animal Man
He's a stuntman, he gets his powers, his world starts to unravel, he tries to fix it, his family dies and then he goes to DC editorial where we explain to him that we failed to do a good rehash of the groundbreaking comic that gave him any clout, so we're just gonna make him a classic style superhero again. last 10 pages or so is a good cape fight then he comes home and has a nice family dinner. He winks to the reader at the end.

Constantine his earth one gimmick is he isn’t an asshole

Oh my God, a Constantine where he's just the nicest fucking guy who always gets fucked over hard (rather than always getting away with bullshit) I'd read the shit out of that. Make Zatanna a manipulative dom bitch who isn't evil but just uses John for his skills and his dick.

Earth One Constantine would be like a crazy internet weirdo obsessed with the paranormal, except that ghosts and demons are actually real

>Count Vertigo, Latverian

My idea for Flash: Earth One

Barry Allen is a hardboiled detective that's transferred to Central City in search of some peace of mind following his career in Hub City. His first case is an investigation into a break in at Star Labs where he is inadvertently trapped inside a prototype energy reactor and is given the powers of speed! No speed force shenanigans. In my mind he'd wear a cross between Jay and Wally's suit maybe with goggles instead of a mask to go with a stylized Hermes helmet. Maybe a jacket? He'd have increased strength and durability ( in this universe but tops his speed out at like mach 2 or 3. This Barry would still be really sharp, but not a scientist, more of a warrior, and a detective at heart still capable of hard critical thinking. He'd be more stern, and not a dork.

(Originally I had this idea of making Flash a mystic character by having him be "chosen" by Hermes himself to bear his godly speed and be given the helmet as that would be what grats him the speed when he wears it, and no one can remove it but the wearer, and it will refuse to be worn by anyone else unless the wearer wills it. And it'd be the story of two Flashes, as it would follow Jay first being blessed by Hermes in the 40's were he totals the axis forces and also Barry as he finds the Helmet decades later and Hermes deems him worthy too. I realized this idea is not compatible with Earth One really, but maybe as just an Elseworlds. )

I'd write Earth-One Red Hood.

He's different because he's just Shadow the Hedgehog. It's a comic about Shadow the Hedgehog. The story is he collects the Chaos Emeralds and says damn a lot and uses guns because guns are cool.

Think for a villain I'd go with Grodd. Have him be affected by the energy too and have him hide out in the sewers stealing books and people, learning and building and army of mind controlled citizens. Barry would be trying to solve the missing persons cases through the story before getting the lead on Grodd. Maybe also have him taking down some drug rings that are connected back to The Thinker who would be seeded as the villain of a volume 2 .

I would do The Question Earth One and go out of the way to make it true to the roots of Steve Ditko's version.

It would delve into the corrupt system that surrounds him and the lengths he has to go to uncover the truth, while dealing with the consequences of destroying a corrupts system keeping his city from collapsing.

I like this, would keep the phasing though

What will be the "difference/new thing" about him though?
Make Vic Mexican or something?

The Question, turn him into a clone of the unibomber and over-hyped on philosophy; and have him as a podcaster trying to take down a corrupt city government while also dealing with the fact that he knows about experiments CADMUS and ARGUS preformed on students in the 60s and the 70s in attempts to create living weapons and mind control.

I don't like the fact of Wayne funding tho, you can keep Batman out of something sometimes you know.

Markovian :V

Why not have Terry Sloane fund it?

Blue Beetle is an engineer at MIT and Doctor Fate is a professor of archeology and religion at Harvard. They go to Egypt, somewhere else in North Africa, or somewhere in the Arabian peninsula to study something like an odd phenomenon associated with some ruins or something like that and end up getting stuff that gives them powers and/or get 'imbued' with powers somehow, possibly from touching or getting close enough to some artifacts they find.

Blue Beetle and Doctor Fate provides an interesting combination of kinds of powers. Magic/spiritual stuff and technology and possibly aliens if they wanted. It can make Doctor Fate more appealing to some people than if was just about a guy using magic powers as that doesn't seem as much like more common super hero movies to many people and isn't that appealing to some people. It could be complicated to make it work however especially for what villains they might face, but could be made to have provide like an Odd Couple dynamic for their personalities and other things if desired and also helps stop two separate stories from seeming to similar if they were to both have similar origin stories for their powers.

The powers are so different that there's too many solitary villains they would be able to beat. People reading or seeing something about Blue Beetle don't want to see something about Dr. Fate and he'll have to tag along with Beetle even though it would seem weird unless they broke apart soon after they got their powers.

Green Arrow Earth One
Oliver Queen is not the Green Arrow. Neither is his best friend Malcolm Merlyn, who returned to Star City with from the deserted island they were discovered on. The Green Arrow is a group of highly-trained thieves and mercenaries who the young men hired to steal from their parents companies after they were cut off for wasting their lives away partying abroad. While the idea sprung from their mutual love of Robin Hood Ollie is just in it for the money, Merlyn however wants to help the poor by essentially tearing the city apart and ruling it like a benevolent king. He strands Ollie and Dinah, a hood rat who becomes obsessed with the exploits of the Green Arrow and ends up stumbling into the middle of everything, on the island they staged getting stranded on. At first Ollie is despondent while Dinah rides on her anger to keep going, but as the weeks go by Ollie learns to buckle down and survive while Dinah runs out of steam and becomes a wreck, confessing that her whole persona as a tough chick who grew up on the streets is a lie and she's just a spoiled kid from a good home acting out for kicks. The two find their way off the island, return to Star City, defeat Merlyn and begin rebuilding the city.

God damn it I meant Vlatavan

I dig the concept of there being more than one Green Arrow. Maybe Ollie does go out as an archer, but also pays a bunch of other mercs to patrol and take out criminals at the same time/ leads multiple on large jobs, making it hard as shit for anyone to find out who the real GA really is. They all dress exactly the same and are all the same stature and have beards which are fake and not anyone's actual hair color. It is really reminiscent of the Merry Men, especially if they are actually pretty brotherly and have a good dynamic. Setting out to rob the rich and rebuild star city for the people.

Bump

Booster Gold Earth One
The 25th Century is a lot like Ready Player One, with resource wars limiting real life adventures and forcing common citizens to find enjoyment on a free landscape. Booster Gold is the handle for one such kid, who goes Gaby this name in the whole first volume. His mount a.i. Is Skeets, a robo assistant.

One day in real life, a top secret facility loses cohesion on an experiment. It looks similar to a time sphere. The explosion rocks the nearby neighborhood, and bodies everywhere. All except one.

Booster is entering a new zone in the vr world when a jolt of light flashes. He notices he’s in a similar place but everything is shiny, and that he has acquired new powerset commands over the crossbar landscape.

Little does he know he has been thrust back in time to 21st century to roam the internet servers, and is now the first sentient a.i. on the planet. He will encounter many terrors, but it’s nothing he never saw before in the vr landscape of home.

Firestorm
The Nuclear Man has been active for 40 years, so when Professor Stein offers a kid the chance to be a hero he gladly accepts. Everything is great until the kid finds out that Stein is slowly draining him of life so he can keep on living like he did with all the other halfs of Firestorm.
Alternatively it's Ronnie who causes the accident and Stein is dead the entire time but it's making him go insane so he believes the Professor is still alive or haunting him as a ghost.

Freakazoid like?