Do you guys miss the days where most preschool shows weren't shows that kept constantly talking to the audience for...

Do you guys miss the days where most preschool shows weren't shows that kept constantly talking to the audience for help?

I remember when preschool shows were just harmless, nice fun with good messages.

Attached: p9112276_b_v8_aa.jpg (960x1440, 312K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nickjr.com/blues-clues/videos/blues-clues-the-planets-song/
youtube.com/watch?v=s3h-vqsZk60
youtube.com/watch?v=AE3LDUO4lho
youtube.com/watch?v=IJe7NewoWMY
m.youtube.com/watch?v=3g37aPeYmig
youtube.com/watch?v=XEFBBGVUNP4
youtube.com/watch?v=mzV4eOMKYpw
youtube.com/watch?v=zYPkH8gPDps
youtube.com/watch?v=pSqwPBa9ly0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This show was pure kino.

>classic Paddington
>classic Babar
>classic Curious George
>classic Madeleine
>Little Bear
>Maia the Bee
>David the Gnome
>Grimm's Fairy Tale Classics
The days of good children's television are long gone.

Don't forget Papa Beaver's Storytime.

Vastly inferior to Grimm's.

I liked this show. it had several fap worthy moments. pic related

Attached: Image262.jpg (640x480, 54K)

I know, but Papa Beaver still had some cold moments like the boy who trapped the tiger.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 13K)

i hate to sound like le generation fag but why dont we have comfy kid shows like these anymore where everything isnt literally spelled out and is just comfy settings, stories, characters

Attached: thomas percy and the mail trrain.jpg (635x475, 194K)

Being born in the sort of in-between era of these two types of shows, I can speak with experience that Blue's Clues was the only one of those "characters need your help" shows that I actually enjoyed.
Even though Steve was a dumbass at times, it was fun to try and figure out what Blue wanted all by yourself by putting the clues together before Steve.
I fucking hated Dora. That show acted like you were such an idiot and was painfully slow. It acted like we couldn't figure out that Dora needs a boat to cross water. Although, she could've just walked around the damn pond too, but that wasn't an answer.
I'm not gonna sit here and criticize TV meant for 3 year olds, but it really seems like every preschool show has adopted that "interactivity" shit that Dora does. And from experience again, watching my cousins who were 5 and 7 back when Dora was on, little kids don't ACTUALLY talk back to the screen. It didn't happen when I was a kid, and it didn't happen when they were kids.

I was watching some of the 80s Muppet Babies recently (Since they have a new version out now) and was amazed at how clever the show was. It honestly felt like more of an all ages show than a preschool show, which is probably why it aired during both Nick Jr. and Nickelodeon in reruns

this. we liked blues clues because we had a connection with steve when he talked, he felt genuine and somewhat real but we never were talking to the tv like "its right fucking there steve behind you!" dora was insulting kids intelligence and i always felt like it was for babies. at least steve was a genuinely fun character to watch and experience different worlds/"skidoos" with and the characters within those worlds.

nickjr.com/blues-clues/videos/blues-clues-the-planets-song/

Attached: that you wanna be.jpg (308x240, 31K)

youtube.com/watch?v=s3h-vqsZk60

Steve is kids' show host kino.

It's also comfy kino.

youtube.com/watch?v=AE3LDUO4lho

NOBODY ELSE IS STRONGER THAN I AM
YESTERDAY I MOVED A MOUNTAIN

After the role of a lifetime, I've been busy..

Attached: qm.png (480x579, 528K)

youtube.com/watch?v=IJe7NewoWMY

what made this show so good was the music. insane how good it was

One show I really loved was the very popular Disney Channel show Bear in the Big Blue House. Its amazing how good the music in that show was

m.youtube.com/watch?v=3g37aPeYmig

Attached: 1520625511675.jpg (614x439, 29K)

Are we forgetting PB&J Otter, Rolie Polie Olie, Out of the Box, ans Stanley?

>Stanley
Iiitttttsss tttthhhheee

Wasn’t the creator of Little Bear gay?

Not sure

>That feel when these shows aired when I was too busy being an edgy faggot who only watched anime and only now do I realize the error of my ways...

Attached: 1472393585511.gif (336x256, 401K)

the episode where he goes shopping for a new crayon was kino to little me

This show was comfy as hell. If I ever have kids, I’ll show them Little Bear.

Oswald was pretty chill, too.
Well, aside from the fact the last episode ends with Daisy's big mouth triggering an avalanche that will likely bury the town.

I'd say it's because nobody wants to make comfy kid's shows anymore. It's either making a comfy show targeted towards an older audience, or it's making a kid's show that's more about teaching a lesson than creating an atmosphere.

make sure to show them the rule 34 of little bear also

The thing with these older shows wasn’t that they’re written for general audiences. Sure, they’re primarily targeted at pre-schoolers, but they’re also written in a way so that anyone can just sit down with their nieces, nephews, and what have you and enjoy it with them.

>GREAT BIG BOOK OF EVERYTHING WITH EVERYTHING INSIDE
>TO SEE THE WORLD AROUND US, THIS BOOK'S THE PERFECT GUIDE!

They had a variation for going on the Internet as well.

I loved this, Tintin, Eureka's Castle and Dinosaurs

Gotdammit stop giving me boners for these characters. Im not even a furry or gay

>Hey its Franklin

What's the point of making these posts?

Attached: 1503309701499.jpg (1026x1013, 1.38M)

>forgetting Franklin and Arthur

I miss Little Bear so much.

I don’t really watch many kids shows anymore, but I’m sure there are plenty of more than decent kiddie shows
Off the top of my head, Sarah and Duck and Bubble guppies aren’t half bad
Though I think bubble guppies does the talking to camera thing

Came here to mention them.
Good taste, user.
Franklin is best boy.

You're gonna summon him, dude.

Damn, Steve went all Walter Mitty on us.

Holy shit, I don’t recall watching his episode but that just hit me with a tide of emotions.

I used to talk to the TV while watching Dora after waking up early morning still drunk from the previous night when I had a problem.
Never seen a child do it either.

The only character I couldn’t stand when I was a kid, and to this day, is Beaver. All I can recall from her character was that she was self entitled and bitchy to all the other animals.

>Though I think bubble guppies does the talking to camera thing
Can confirm, Bubble Guppies does this.
It's still one of the better kids shows.
Paw Patrol ain't bad either.

I grew up watching little bear, Franklin, Oswald, Paz on Ready Set Learn, Peep and the big wide world. As far as animated kids shows go...I’m sure there are some that I forgot to mention but I’m sure they’ll come to me. Anyways, I feel like even today I tend to gravitate towards fantasy stories that are mature and mainly involve talking animals. Guardians of Ga’hoole for example. I believe Little Bear is an actual novel that was written in the 1800’s, I never read it before but I definetly would try it. (Once I finish the handful of books I started reading and never got around to finishing)
I think the majority of people in this thread can attest that there’s a charm to Little Bear that pulls us in. I believe that this is due to how true the show is to the novel. I can’t account for every single episode being based on the books, but it’s clear that the producers did their best to stay true to the literature’s nature. It’s interesting how different periods of time can voice themselves in such a way.

In my time it was Bear in the Big Blue House, Adventures in Wonderland and Welcome to Pooh Corner.

I miss Rupert and Mumfie

Bear in the big blue house was lit! To me, Shadow was an ominous but likeable character in my eyes as a kid. I’m just remembering this now, but for some reason whenever she was on screen I thought a lot about my mortality and spirituality.... don’t know why this all came to me now.

Also Breakfast With Bear is something else I remember seeing as a kid, don’t rwmemver much of it other than kids getting to eat breakfast with Bear. Which also freaked me out because I feared that Bear would one day randomly waltz into my house to eat breakfast with me..

Oh shit, I also forgot about Under the Umbrella Tree.

What? Did you mean to reply to your own post?

I always put shows like Franklin & Little Bear in different age categories than Blues Clues & Dora.

Like Arthur can be appreciated even by some of the older agw groups but PB&J Otter were clearly pure preschool

And you're right to do so. Franklin, Little Bear, Arthur - They were made to entertain kids, while teaching them morals and life lessons, but first and foremost they were made to be entertaining on their own merit. Meanwhile, shows like Blue Clues & Dora are trying to teach specific things to kids, like counting or colors, so there's less ways to make that as entertaining to all age groups - Though, a show like Blues Clues is still more approachable than one like Dora because it doesn't talk down to kids while teaching them. It's like classic Sesame Street in that regard.

Attached: tumblr_inline_oq2k4s466t1smt1iz_1280.jpg (1200x904, 166K)

WE'VE GOT THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD IN OUR YARD TO EXPLOOOOOOORE

Attached: backyardigans.jpg (320x180, 14K)

Holy fuck this thread is giving me feels.
I'm pretty saddened nowadays toddlers watch disgusting youtube stuff that won't teach anything to them.

Attached: REEEEEEE.jpg (800x450, 38K)

And Mother Bear was hot.

Backyardigans was pretty trippy at times.

Yup. His boyfriend/partner died in 2007.

>tfw you never had a father bear to take you fucking camping or fishing

Attached: woj.png (1070x601, 463K)

Tons of waifus. The adults really should have gotten more screen time. Too bad they went with that cgi abortion instead of just continuing the series in Flash.

Shit parents are too busy on their phones, so TV has to talk to their kids now instead. Then wonder why they shoot and stab up schools.

>Tfw all my Dad taught me was how to steal like a champ

He stole a vending machine from a hospital once for pretty much no reason. I think my uncle has it now

Attached: 1476590724063.jpg (978x645, 319K)

If he stole a vending machine imagine how easy it would be to steal a patient.

but user arent the kids shooting up schools the ones who were watching the shows in this thread

>That treasure hunt episode

Madeline was probably one of my go to shows as a kid. There's just something super comfy about it.

Was actually looking into it today, and found out there's this retcon that makes the series really sad. When the show started off, Madeline wasn't an orphan, and the first special even refereed to her parents buying her gifts while she was in the hospital for appendicitis, and in the first Christmas special they even make a brief appearance.

The current author of the book series (who is the Grandson of her creator) has stated that Madeline is not an orphan and is at a boarding school, not an orphanage and apparently Madeline is not French but at a foreign school, and even more shocking, Miss Clavel is not a nun, that's just her uniform for the school,at least, when it comes to the books.

This is completely contradicted in the live action 1998 film however, well Madeline not being an orphan and Miss Clavel not being a nun.

The animated series was revived after the popularity of the movie, continuing right where the series left off previously. This was started off with an animated special Madeline: Lost in Paris, where the plot is that a stranger pretends to be Madeline's distant Uncle and tries to kidnap her. We found out in said special that Madeline is an orphan, with her 'Uncle' even forging custody papers and her parent's will.

If you ignore what the author says about the book series and look strictly at the cartoon - Madeline's parent's died while she was at boarding school. Assuming each season's Christmas episode takes place in a different year, at least 2 years passed between her parent's last appearance and when we find out they're dead. So, at some point in the series that we don't see, Madeline has to deal with the grief of losing both her parents while attending school, but they did leave her in the custody of Miss Clavel, so there is that at least..

Attached: Madeline_MATBC.jpg (636x478, 27K)

I'm now imagining Richard's dad from Gumball

Which one was your favorite?

Attached: 4ca5155e35050c9140f803f0b7b742fe.jpg (713x423, 75K)

Fall Dream. Little Bear basically falls asleep in the raked leaves and has a dream about playing with Emily in the 4 seasons

Attached: fall dream.jpg (487x366, 133K)

I misread that as favorite episode not favorite character. Anyone who says Owl wasn't their favorite is a liar

>mfw my name translates to 'Little bear' in the literal sense.
Did i miss something? Never heard of this show before i saw the thread. Should i watch it?

Damn I remember Little Bear. There was a direct-to-VHS movie where he meets an actual wild bear cub and they became friends.

It's been nearly 20 years and I can still very distinctly recall the theme song.

Mine was Duck but I loved all the characters because they're good-natured individuals but also very flawed. Which made them relatable even to a 7-year old me.

Speaking about early 90s Canadian productions, another one of my favorite was pic related.

Attached: download.jpg (225x225, 7K)

Ask your parents why they named you Little Bear.

Owl is an adorable character
Also, I went on YouTube to watch some episodes and there’s this one episode where he basically admits his feelings for Chicken, or is she referred to as Hen? I forget.
Then in a wedding episode Hen and Owl dance and it’s just so cute watching how bashful he is

Oh man I still have to finish watching that. Someone uploaded that to YouTube.. I’ll try to find the link

I miss the live-action preschool shows where a guy would host the program and treat the audience like a friend. Like Mr. Rogers Neighborhood, Reading Rainbow, Blue's Clues, or Out of the Box. It feels like that type of show died out ages back.

I don't even know why that genre of preschool shows died out. You just need an adult host who can entertain children with stories and feel-good shit, and give them a handful of puppet friends as their supporting cast.

>You just need an adult host who can entertain children with stories and feel-good shit
One word, "streamers". Kids as young as 3 are or have been watching e-celebs now.

Summon who?

stop

someone linked it here . they uploaded the full movie

I loved Adventures in Wonderland!

Use your imagination and you'll understand, it's an Adventure in Wonderland

DId you watch Katie and Orbie and Madeline?

>That one episode where Papa Bear tells a thunder God to fuck off right to his face

Attached: 1501857417020.jpg (478x600, 51K)

DROPPED

would you fuck with a bear?

I really liked that Little Mermaid cartoon that aired on The Disney Channel many years ago when kids were at school. I know it was an older kids cartoon, but it still aired in a preschool block (Probably since little girls liked Ariel). I thought it used the concept of a prequel pretty well.

Also, The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (Which used to air right after Little Mermaid) was absolutely amazing. Best Pooh show ever!

It aired on CBS on Saturdays originally. Everything based on the movies was on broadcast tv years before it went to cable.

>Little Mermaid cartoon that aired on The Disney Channel many years ago when kids were at school
I used to didn't care for it much but now I miss those days. I remember catching it on after summer school but my main jam was Madeline back then.

Attached: 1517550147405.jpg (600x600, 64K)

ahh yes, yet another case of romantized Paris.

It was accurate... at the time.

youtube.com/watch?v=XEFBBGVUNP4

youtube.com/watch?v=mzV4eOMKYpw

>Maia

Are you a foreigner?

mods sure got a problem with screen captures in this motherfucker

No wonder kids today have short attention spans.

From something like this youtube.com/watch?v=zYPkH8gPDps 3 minutes of calm, soothing, relaxing intro, to this youtube.com/watch?v=pSqwPBa9ly0 less than 1 minute of spastic shouting and action.

>forgetting the true BearKino

Attached: Rupert_Bear_original.jpg (303x499, 50K)

I think I had this on DVD but if it wasn't on HBO Family I don't think I ever saw it on TV.. shit I remember the theme but it's been like 15 years.