Doomsday Clock Cover

What did Geoff Johns mean by this?

Will Rorschach kill a Joker?

Attached: FC3863B5-8FFC-4F61-804B-B13EBDCB5000.jpg (688x1044, 205K)

>Will Rorschach kill a Joker?
That's one Joker too few.

Will Rorschach finally rape joker and become the booty warrior?

this is such shit art for Watchmen. DC should kill itself

Edgy. As much as I'm curious to see how Doomsday Clock develops, I am also frustrated at how shallow the writing is.

Speaking of which, why is the eventual clash Superman vs Dr. Manhattan, instead of Captain Atom vs Dr. Manhattan? The latter would make more sense since Capt. Atom was originally going to be used by Moore before DC told him they didn't want to kill off the characters they just purchased.

Hell, now that I think about it, Doomsday Clock would've been much better as a story of the original idealistic heroes vs their more realistic ersatz versions, as it would've held a much better theme: idealism vs realism, and how both are positive and negative in certain situations, and how both are needed in life. One to keep you going, the other to keep you well-adjusted to reality.

Attached: images(2).jpg (310x163, 12K)

Do it Rorschach do it

Attached: GordonBTAS.jpg (640x480, 38K)

Contrast this cover to the original Watchmen covers and the difference is incredible

Watchmen’s covers had subtlety and thematic relevance to its content in the form of symbolism or motif

This cover is Rorschach punching Joker in the face a lot

it's also far too clean, it doesn't come across as gritty at all. Shit art for this

Events are always made like summer blockbusters that age poorly. The execs churn out ideas that they think will guarantee money/attention.

To be fair, I think this is just the alternate cover. The primary ones do try to ape Watchmen's style of covers. How successful they are at it, that's up for debate.

With all the variants, they do have classic styled designs for them all.

It actually is gritty, well grittier thank Gibbon's meticulously clean style. Frank's lines are much rougher and dirtier.

Yes, but didn't Johns have a whole lot of time to plan it out in advance? He couldn't have gotten a more skilled writer to help him set everything up? Or is it just ego?
>I will be the only one writing the sequel to Watchmen

>instead of Captain Atom vs Dr. Manhattan
only Adam of Eath-5

Ego pure and simple I think guys like King and to a lesser extent Johns want to be known as iconic writers like Ellis or Moore.

So you'll usually see them take on huge vanity projects.

If he's not going to rape him, what's the fucking point? Are there no more heroes in Gotham?

Wasn’t there a thread on Sup Forums a couple months ago discussing how Rorschach would handle the Joker compared to Batman?

dark days>this shit

>want to be known as iconic writers like Ellis or Moore
They should write good stories, then, not Epic™ fanfiction.

Johns definitely comes here, endless "how do we fix Wally" threads came to the same conclusion he used (ie pull the white one out of the speed force)

I think Johns is more pure than that, he's just a guy that gets to play with his favorite toys and happened to become a pillar of DC. I'm not a fan of his work, but he seems to love what he does. He's a fan turned pro, without being super anal about every detail of continuity like Byrne, Waid, Busiek, etc.

Sup Forums has fucked up my mind so much that I actually read "Will Rorschach rape a Joker?"
Fuck you, guys.

About time.

Attached: mission_accomplish_1112950c.jpg (460x288, 31K)

This is a variant cover dude, all of Doomsday Clocks covers thus far have been like Watchmen's, the first panel of each book, you've just got variants that are more typical of a comicbook event

>implying this issue will ever come out

>Doomsday Cock

Attached: MY TERRIO IS DEEAAAAAAD.jpg (145x177, 29K)

well, one of them might kill a Joker, but I wouldn't count on him staying dead past the reboot at the end of all this

It comes out Wednesday.

just as long as they don't kill the only worthwhile joker -kj one

>brings back comedian
>doesnt bring back walter and replaces him with some black guy
Fuck johns and fuck DC

This is for issue 7, I think

Also, is Doomsday Clock worth a hate read? As in, is it at least entertaining?

>always used to imagine a crossover like this a kid
>even though I knew in my heart Doomsday Clock was going to be shit, I still held out hope for a Rorschach/Joker confrontation
>we're getting it but it won't even be the real Rorschach
If it isn't Walter, what's the point? It's not as if anyone gets to live some vicarious childhood dream seeing your favorite characters engaged in fanservicey stuff. Blackschach is an OC with absolutely no connection to the real Rorschach or any of the cast aside from being Ozy's bitch.

The more I think about it, the more it's actually a blessing. Walter had a tough life. Let the guy rest in peace knowing he died with dignity instead of parading him out to be ruined by a hack.

Alan Moore not doing anything at all is the reason Geoff Johns writes shitty books?

As much as Moore disliked Rorschach and the philosophy he represented, it is commendable how he managed to write him without turning him into a strawman.

Exactly, which is why he's better off not being in this. Most of DC's writers are spineless and wouldn't know how to write him anyway. We'd either get a dumbed down Travis Bickle knockoff whose character boils down to HURRR BADASS like Before Watchmen did, or a very one-sided caricature that badly satirizes current day politics and exists only to serve as a strawman.

it's entertaining if you want to see just how much someone can misunderstand everything about Watchmen

This just adds more fuel to Mime/Marionette being Joker's parents theory. I can't wait for the stupidity.

It's pretty lame to see it being promoted as THE Rorscach vs the Joker, with people freaking out about it, it's not the same. It's just some guy.

Rorscach will kill one of the Jokers but will discover he has some sort of regenerative powers. Joker is also Mime and Marionette's child, with Blake being the grandfather.

>It's pretty lame to see it being promoted as THE Rorscach vs the Joker, with people freaking out about it, it's not the same. It's just some guy.
Who thinks that? Granted, I haven't been keeping up with opinions on this trash offsite, but that's depressing if it's true. It just proves that Watchmen "fans" never really cared about Walter; they just liked the identity.

Yeah no
>Batman atop watching
>Clock reaching midnight

This sole piece of art is good, Watchmen has had it much much worse.

>Joker is also Mime and Marionette's child
Nope, it's a Red Herring. The "twist" is way too obvious and has been foreshadowed over and over even though it's still early.

>everyone seriously thinking that the real Rorschach won't come back for the last couple issues in some big moment milked for all its emotional worth
>in a story where the fucking Comedian is alive and well
It's like you faggots can't into fanservice.

Oh boy I can't for more of John's edgy fan fic and Gary Frank's static same faces.
Watch this hack not even acknowledge the three Joker shit because he wrote himself into a corner.

Attached: 1514646223171.png (516x680, 41K)

Maybe Joker will get a boner...