Hanna-Barbera Beyond

What went wrong?

Attached: HB-Hub_Marquee_HB_57362471cc5ca9.27504076.jpg (1920x1080, 413K)

Flintstones and Future Quest were good though.

Some of them went too off from the original concept. Namely, Wacky Raceland and Scooby Apocalypse.

Some were too far off from their original concept, but Future Quest and Flintstones were genuinely fantastic, they flopped because none of you fuckers bought it

Of the ones I've read:
>Flintstones
Good stories and art; making Fred and co. the straight men was weaksauce, I missed gruff asshole Fred;
>Scooby
Shaky art; besides the blood it isn't too far removed from other installments; Daphne is an annoying lunatic, but it's more personality than she ever had before
>Raceland
Static art and little interaction made races boring; give me one fucking reason why the cars had to talk; retooled characters were hit (Luke and Blubber) and miss (Penelope Pitstop)
>Dastardly and Muttley
great art; plot was too meta and all over the place, but kept me hooked

Scooby Apocalypse got pretty boring desu. It went on too long

I like the Hanna barbera/DC crossovers though

Parker and Russell don't write more books

This holy fuck just end scooby apocalypse so I can stop buying them.

nothing, really. Some were great, some were shit, some were just boring and mediocre. Same as any other comic line.

I will say Snagglepuss is pretty disappointing after Prez and Flintstones, though.

Dastardly and Muttley was fucking wonderful

With Snagglepuss you can tell they wanted to tell a particular story already and just had to shove animal people into that story.

Overall not much, the arguably best of the lot (Flintstones) never got traction in sales due to normie media outlets like IGN crying “not muh” along with comics in general being an incredibly niche hobby.

it's Russell's attempt at a "serious" comic. While I can respect wanting to branch out, he's really better at comedy.

Misguided attempts to "modernize" the series by making them darker and edgier, all handled by apathetic and cynical creators who didn't wanted to be involved in the first place.

Attached: The Ruff & Reddy Show (2017-) 003-009.jpg (1988x3056, 778K)

is this guy tracing from Blacksad or something?

No, Blacksad has way better art/silhouettes.

>What went wrong?

Faggot readers not giving it a chance. The Flintstones was the most faithful and updated to be the "modern" stone age family but I saw so many readers asking why they weren't using prehistoric equivalents to 60's technology.

>all handled by apathetic and cynical creators who didn't wanted to be involved in the first place.

You're a retard if you think they were all handled by people who didn't want to be involved. The people behind Flintstones and Future Quest were clearly into it and you can't force Ennis into anything

Unlike with Flinstones, there isn't much to work with Snagglepuss old material. Same with most other characters they introduced as support characters, Like Huck.

But yes, you could replace all the animal characters with humans and the story wouldn't be affected at all, which is a waste considering it's about prejudice and persecution.

Only thing that went wrong was people not buying Future Quest

The art is a definite step-down from Caldwell and Pugh

I think Russell should keep writing satirical humour, it seems to be his strong suit

Wacky Raceland is the only one I did not enjoy.

there are realistic thats the problem

>What went wrong?
A lack of love from the industry. Flintstones got fucking SCREWED by the Eisners, with zero nominations.

Yeah, his Snagglepuss is okay but it's not as good as Flintstones or Prez.

I read the preview for this where Chaykin did the art. I think had he still drawn it, it would've been more consistent and the contrast between cartoon animal and humans would've worked.