You know, in retrospect despite this being a pretty good casting and not the worst "redesign" I've ever seen...

You know, in retrospect despite this being a pretty good casting and not the worst "redesign" I've ever seen, character wise it was actually pretty shitty...I mean did we really need the whole "his tentacles came to live and drove him evil" shtick? Kind of lame.

Attached: doc.png (720x320, 396K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/RWJQR6SNMF8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Not much better than the original origin

It added an interesting sense of tragedy to the character.

My bigger issue is how many times he gets punched in the head. He is just a unpowered, Middle Aged fatso vs the superpowered fists of Spider-man. People can die from a single normal punch, let alone dozens of them.

They kind of just turned him into Venom when you think about it.

He's like a combination of Doc Ock and the Lizard in the sense that he's kind of a tragic monster.

More like Lizard.

In a way, there is a parallel that could be made especially considering Raimi's treament of the symbiote in the third movie, which is ironic considering Raimi's hate boner for Venom and apparently not thinking he was up to par with the old school type villains, ironic that for being a guy with such apparent love of the original comics he sure seemed to like changing them to suit his whims

Those tentacles made up for the shitty character motivation.
>each claw is essentially a Leatherman tool, smaller claws and tools folded up into each one
awesome.

>Those tentacles made up for the shitty character motivation.
I tend to disagree with this, I don't think every villain needs a tragic twist in their motives to be "good", that kind of thing is good once in a while but it can be overdone, there is nothing wrong with a villain just being a prick or choosing on their own to become evil.

I mean actually, I think Ock works better as like an opposite Peter of sorts, where Peter was also a bitter science nerd, he ended up finding a reason to use his abilities for good, while Otto never really had that moment and just became a resentful nerdy megalomaniac, a path a lot of people have noted that Peter could have easily gone down had things turned out differently.

>I mean did we really need the whole "his tentacles came to live and drove him evil" shtick? K
Of course not it was stupid, the Raimi movies are overrated shit that aged like milk

i actually liked that movie, a lot, i think is the best spierman movie

Raimi's Peter is not a bitter science nerd, so it wouldn't fit.

Spidey pulls his punches cause he'd snap a normal persons neck or something.

You're not alone in that sentiment, though I'm not entirely sure why.

>I don't think every villain needs a tragic twist in their motives to be "good", that kind of thing is good once in a while but it can be overdone
For fuck's sake they're making Thanos have a sympathetic origin. They've gone out of control with this shit.

>For fuck's sake they're making Thanos have a sympathetic origin.

You're in for a surprise.

actually glad that the series stopped before they can actually use the lizard.

connors' appearances doesn't seem having him mind the loss of his arm very much. tech has progressed that even without a fancy prostheses he could do his thing without much trouble.

>still no J Jonah Jameson in the MCU

Attached: Jameson laughing.webm (528x229, 829K)

Not that user, but Spider-Man 2 is my favorite marvel property movie period. To me, what puts it head and shoudlers above the MCU movies is that it actually has a theme behind it that fits naturally with the character's growth and is infused to the story and visuals. Peter learns that he has to be honest with both himself and MJ that he truly is Spider-Man. His inability to do so directly causes struggle in the plot and as Peter overcomes these struggles he also learns how to "unmask himself" to MJ, first by admitting to himself that he is Spider-Man which is visually marked by his literal unmasking in the train, and then culminating in a literal unmasking to MJ in the final battle.

Additionally the thematic elements are reflected in tje side characters too. Ock being forcefully overtaken by his persona and also being somewhat motivated by his inability to be with the one he loves--even Jonah has a moment where he has to admit to himself that he did have respect for Spider-Man.

The MCU movies, otherwise, feel like their themes are more or less tacked on afterwards (with Iron Man 1 & Incredible Hulk being notable exceptions). Winter Soldier is supposedly "about" the government spying on everyone and surviellance states but it doesn't actually say anything about it or go anywhere with it thematically. And it nulifies any kind commentary it could have had on the intentions of the US govt because it just excuses all bad things as being the fault of an acient order of super-nazis.

do his powers actually work like ED and if he's not feeling confident they just don't work?

In that particular story that is how they worked. I'm sure there has been a similar story in the comics at one point or another. Only a fool thinks there is a one true anything when it comes to superheros.

>I mean did we really need the whole "his tentacles came to live and drove him evil" shtick? Kind of lame.

Yes, yes we did.
youtu.be/RWJQR6SNMF8

>because it just excuses all bad things as being the fault of an acient order of super-nazis.
I agree, at least mostly about the points you said about the MCU, however to the credit of TWS in that particular one, that kind of actually did happen though...it was called Operation Paperclip, it was a real thing.

This, I liked how he redeemed himself