Cartoon Idea Thread #6

>discord.gg/QptgsCW

Share your cartoon ideas and feeback those of others.

Resources:
>Writing and Pitching
Animation Writing and Development: From Script Development to Pitch by Jean Ann Wright
files.animation.ir/video/Animation_Writing_and_Develop.pdf
Disney character designer article on pitfalls of animation pitches
chrisoatley.com/animation-pitch-pitfalls
Substance, Structure, Style, and the Principles of Screen writing by Robert Mckee
cienciasecognicao.org/rotas/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Robert-McKee-Story.pdf
Pixar's 22 Rules of Storytelling
static1.squarespace.com/static/52675998e4b07faca3f636a5/t/527f0a75e4b012bf9e7361c5/1384057461885/Pixar22RulesAnalyzed_Bugaj.pdf
Invisible Ink: The under-structure of story
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/16su/resources/invisible_ink_pages_0901.pdf

>Animation
The Animator's Survival Kit
floobynooby.com/pdfs/The_Animators_Survival_Kit.pdf
Anatomy of a Fight
animationmentor.com/resources/webinars/anatomy-of-a-fight-with-dr-stuart-sumida/
>Podcast and Videos
Starz Animation Vice President (former senior director of development, original series at Cartoon Network) On Creating a Pitch Bible
vimeo.com/20355714
A podcast featuring a character designer from Disney on creating an animation pitch
media.blubrry.com/chrisoatley/artcast.s3.amazonaws.com/PWP02_WinningPitch.mp3

>Show Bibles
Batman The Animated Series
worldsfinestonline.com/WF/batman/btas/backstage/wbible/writersguide.pdf
The Gargoyles
angelfire.com/rings/katsaris/gargoyle.htm

>Pitch Bibles
Bravest Warriors
scribd.com/document/118981476/Bravest-Warriors-Pitch-Bible
Adventure Time
scribd.com/document/3122798/Adventure-Time-series-presentation
Rocket Dog
scribd.com/document/283123939/Rocket-Dog-Pitch

Attached: businessman_with_great_idea.jpg (626x626, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/co/thread/99311100/#99311100
desuarchive.org/co/thread/98431967/
desuarchive.org/co/thread/98581570/
desuarchive.org/co/thread/98874651/
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I can't remember

how long has it been since the last one

A week.

You guys got any artists or are you all writers

Artists are welcome as well. In fact, these threads need more artists.

I'm trying to be both, but developing your style is hard.

Here was a good thread: "Make a pitch to Adultswim" This idea even got a couple pieces of art

Guess while I'm here I'll post the idea I had in that thread.

Following the Battle of the Somme, an ancient alien entity emerges from beneath the churned up soil of No Man's Land and, empowered by the absurd amounts of death and destruction brought on by the war, unleashes a horde of horrors across Europe. The entity's antithesis, another alien being who resembles an angel covered in ambulance parts, bullet belts and bandages, chooses four soldiers to face the eldritch creature and stop it from twisting the world into a nightmarish hellscape. A french infantrymen, a British tank driver, a German Flametrooper and a Russian machine gunner are selected. Together, the four must journey across Europe and face off against possessed war machines, sentient clouds of gas, mud-covered zombie troops, swarms of mutant rats and assortments of other war-themed horrors as they try to survive the warped wasteland that has become of the battlefields of Europe.

Attached: Our heroes.png (713x343, 422K)

This doesn't sound interesting. You're presenting it like it's an aimless monster-of-the-week thing rather than an actual story where stuff happens.

Each episode wouldn't revolve solely around a single encounter of a threat, even if they did the execution I'm imagining would be more horror focused and less "here's a monster let's kill it" deal to make it more unique. The character's would interact with each other, deliver backstories and talk to other surviving soldiers and civilians along the way, and encounter the entity very so often before it flees or reveals some massive threat that take several episodes to deal with, like a warped sentient airship. But I do get where you are coming from though, I'm happy for any suggestions to spice up the premise of the show.

Your elevator pitch builds it up like it's a "fight random shit" cartoon since you list a bunch monster cliches. What is this, a JRPG? What is the theme supposed to be? Because if it's "Humans should set aside their differences to conquer superstition via technology" or "The only way for mankind to break down the walls of nations and abolish conflict(war) is to dismantle(destroy) religion(superstition)" then having such a variety to the spookies is really distracting and waters the idea down. If it's not supposed to be the monster M.A.S.H., which now that I think about sounds like a lot more fun, then put in some consistency rather than balls-out SCP-tier quantity over quality.
Footnote: The one-of-each-nationality gimmick is really contrived for something that's meant to be serious: war horror.
Footnote footnote: Investor brain speaking here: an all white cast is not a good look, specifically in a cartoon. I say this with genuinely no hint of malice that you would not get greenlit without throwing in a Mulan style female and a brown person into the main cast. You ever play Left 4 Dead? Market research don't lie.
Footenote footnote footnote: I can't believe I wrote this much for such an boring pitch

No you're right, thanks. I think I might've worded my pitch wrong and made it seem like it was just another monster fighting cartoon. Rather, I wanted to use the setting of World War I as a setup for interesting visuals and character interaction, hence the inclusion of multiple character's from different nations. I didn't want it to be another basic war story about a single group of soldiers from one nation fighting a bunch of troops, slowly getting picked off and then the last guy dying in a triumphant charge. I wanted multiple stories and perspective that aren't usually represented to be shown here, the pre-war rivalry between France and Germany, Britain's interference, the relationship between the Russian people and their rulership, all things I wanted to explore and touch on with the characters with their dialogue and backstories.
The monsters and threats are supposed to extensions of the horrors they faced int the war, horrible trench conditions, the sudden mechanization of war and the horrific imagery of all those dead bodies. They are all just dialed up to eleven with a bit of eldritch interference. My pitch probably didn't convey what I wanted from that and instead just made it seem like they were a bunch of bargain bin monster tropes. Thanks for the feedback, I'll try to shift the focus of my pitch towards better representing that than what you got from it. Cheers user.

Your style is developed slowly without you even realizing it. Worry more about learning how to draw in other styles first

Try to have a tl;dr of the idea before going in depth

Does anybody have the desuarchive/fireden/etc link to the thread that was before the last one we did like this? thread #4 I think?

>Making the thread with my shitty format and barebones discord
I HAVE BEEN ROBBED OF MY BIRTHRIGHT

Last one
desuarchive.org/co/thread/99311100/#99311100
desuarchive.org/co/thread/98431967/
desuarchive.org/co/thread/98581570/
desuarchive.org/co/thread/98874651/

There's tons more from before people started numbering these, search the OP's md5

I’ll ost and reply later if y’all still around

yeahhhhh a monday probably isn't best time for this

>Your style is developed slowly without you even realizing it.
I kow that, but I need a style that fits my ideas, and I need it now.

>Worry more about learning how to draw in other styles first
I can draw realism more or less, and I can copy styles.

Bump

why?

What if we make an innocent thing edgy?
>adult swim
>40 minutes an episode

>one actual idea in 15 hours

Discord was a mistake.

Why's that?

I made the discord and I agree. But there's only like 6 people in there, and I doubt that's the reason this thread is dead.

These should not be made this often, once a month is perfectly fine.

What the hell was going through your mind while making this thread on a monday morning? But since that other idea got a fairly intimate response I might as well post my usual in hopes for the same

>Working title:
Wayward Skies (Stylized as WAYWARD SKiES)
>Elevator pitch:
Sky girl gets kicked out of sky city home and tries to make something of her life on Earth, kinda like a coming of age story
>Genre:
I would hate to call it slice of life because it sounds too simplistic, it's more of a mix of a complex version of that+mild fantasy+sprinkles of drama
>Network:
Nickelodeon, and I don't know why. or maybe a webtoon if I decide to make religious references more blatant
>Demographic:
I never really thought about that. Teens? It probably won't be something a 10 year old would find too extreme
>Run time:
3-4 seasons of 11 minute episodes
>In depth:
A nearly dead inside sky girl accidentally breaks her overbearing family’s strawberry jam machine for their bakery, which causes a huge rampage on the cloud city. Everyone agrees to punish her by pushing her off the cloud to the most filthy/degenerate place nearby: Earth, where she lands on a small pile of trees right next to a supermarket. She spends a good hour eating a bunch of wildberries and observing the natural beauty of the grove, which gives her a sense of tranquility for the first time in her life. Eventually, a boy comes out of the supermarket, and like every other person, she asks questions about where she is, but unlike any normal person, she also follows him around to his house because she’s just so… confused! This would start a long and complex relationship between the two, from random encounters to clearing a porch of an entire colony of street cats to going on a hot-air balloon to collect cloud crystals, which will all mend together into a biblically-inspired story about the soul with a bunch of grey shore-side aesthetics

What's wrong with the discord?

Not "the" discord, our discord is really inactive, Discords in general however, have the same problem that happens when you attach an identity to anything, people get attention whorey and feel the need to preserve reputations or make people like them.. It happened with other Sup Forums discords and I'm really hoping we'll be decent enough to keep it from happening to this one and these threads.

>Sky city
>religious references
Why can't youhaveit be literally heavenand a little cherub/cartoon angel gets kicked down?Here in brazil our comic has an angel guy relaxing on clouds...

It's Soul Nomad, but exactly the same, and a cartoon.

An extremely smart kid builds machines, but they almost never work. Then, there's a machine that finally does something. It's supposed to be a mini generator, but it ends up switching the universe he lives in. In this new universe, every being is sentient and intelligent,from a cockroach to a shark. When he returns to school, it's a cornucopia of culture and species. He soon befriends a group of outcast animals. Episodes revolve around school, the world around him, their popular culture, and his quest to find all the pieces necessary to send himself home.

Bump

I'm my own artist

I'm planning on partnering up with an artist. I'm assuming that's a thing that can happen

>Working Title
Splash and Slash
>Elevator Pitch
Two alien creatures, the last of their kind, journey across a water world in search of safety
>Network
Cartoon Network or Nickelodeon
>Demographic
Pre-teens to young adults
>Format
Episodic mini-series with overarching serialised plot
>Run Time
22 minutes
>In Depth Explanation
On a distant ocean world, a toad-like creature emerges from the water and rests on a rock. He is presumably the last of his kind, the rest having been over-fished to extinction by a race of industrial aliens, the Viltrax, who frequently raid the planet's oceans for food to bring back to their home world. He is suddenly beamed up by a passing ship and taken to a research facility. These aliens, the Luminites, are a race of scientists dedicated to studying the life within the planet's oceans, and have captured the alien toad in hopes of researching the last specimen alive, who they dub Splash for his clumsy movement outside of water.

Here Splash meets Slash, a Sea Hydra (basically pic related), a species of prehistoric apex predators that have slowly been shrinking in size and dying out, with Slash being the last of his own kind. Using the two's unique physical traits, the two manage to escape their enclosures and flee into the ocean. Now the two must work together to not only flee from pursuing Luminite scientists, but also greedy Viltrax fishermen and dangerous aquatic predators. On their journey, the two form a unique friendship, before meeting with an ancient psychic squid, which informs of them of a secret atoll that can offer them protection. Now the two flee across the ocean in search of this secret sanctuary.

I'm imagining it as a limited miniseries where the two leads do not speak, and the only speaking roles go to the Luminites, Viltrax and the psychic squid.

Attached: Nothosaurus.jpg (546x341, 79K)

Don't fucking pitch ideas to networks, SERIOUSLY. It's a gigantic waste of time & the odds of your show getting greenlit are so tiny, you have a better chance of getting hit by a shark driving a car.
Make your show with your own time & money, don't spend years begging for permission to do it from network execs who couldn't give two flying fucks about you or your ideas. Nobody will ever care about your dream show as much as you, so you'd better make it happen.

But I don't have the time or money to make something remorelty good on my own

Then you don't deserve a show.

this needs to be the OP image to all of these threads

Then let's see your fucking show that you made on your own if you know so much about this

You sure seem to think highly of your own post

I barely had the time to make any progress on it but I guess I did post it late.
Working Title:
Undark
>Pitch
A teenage loser survives the incursion of... something into our world and gains insight into a hidden world hell-bent on all sorts of machinations with humanity.
>Genre
Urban Fantasy. Cosmic horror. Some comedy.
>Format
22 minute episodes.

Basically a monster of the week show with each week being weird or creepy or Lovecraftian.

I have two more episodes drafted up and ready that kind of emphasize the emotional extremes. The talking cows being light but weird and the other two covering the depressing and the dark. I don't work in two days so I'm going to sit down and write up the scripts.

I sure do

Attached: poggers.png (809x524, 32K)

Most people can't afford to do something like that

>that
I have nothing to show because I've wasted the last 8 or so years pitching to networks. I became really good at talking to execs, making connections & taking retarded notes on my show ideas & implementing so many of them, only to end up with something terrible that nobody in their right mind would ever consider greenlighting.
I'm just a rando who for some dumb reason wants to save people the pain of going down this pitching route because I've been there & it was such a gargantuan waste of my time that I will never get back. All the years of making pitch materials, listening to stupid notes, the pitch sessions, the emails, all that time I could have been spending just making a fucking show.
Don't pitch, seriously. If you truely want a show you will find a way to make it happen. Put your shit online & build your own audience.
Or if you really want a show, just get a storyboarding gig on a show that's already popular. Every new show on CN & Nick is run by someone who boarded on whatever popular show that was on the air previously.

>Or if you really want a show, just get a storyboarding gig on a show that's already popular. Every new show on CN & Nick is run by someone who boarded on whatever popular show that was on the air previously.
That's the idea. You don't go in with no credentials, you build up your experience on a show, then go and pitch.

That's a fair point about pitching(to be honest, I thought at first that you were just acting all high and superior to start shit)but I don't think doing it all themselves is something people should do either. Making a decent animation, particularly one longer than a few minutes, takes a lot of time, money, skill, and effort, particularly skill in several different areas a person is not likely to be competent in all of each. That's a lot of time, money, and effort for something that might not make any profit at all

You are absolutely right but at least by the end of it all, you have something to show that you made, instead of years of pitch materials that nobody will ever see.
Just have to choose which path you're willing to take.
For me, I made a few really stupid Flash cartoons with some friends & put them online. It led to a larger company actually funding more more shorts for the next couple years. That's why my advice is to just find a way to make SOMETHING and put it out there.
I'm on your side I promise you lol

my idea is that you have 8 women with huge asses that are dedicated hard working superheroes/politicians

but they get nothing accomplished cause they always get raped

what do you think?

tell me more

Attached: desire to know more.png (627x502, 245K)

A Sword and Planet story about two young teenagers (brother and sister) in the 50's who get teleported to Mars (separately, the sister on accident, the brother goes to save her and ends up in a different location).

The story switches between their perspectives, with the sister learning sorcery and getting involved in Martian politics, and the brother becoming a nomad warrior. Or maybe the other way around, I haven't decided yet.

Science fantasy / Adventure / Comedy, serialized, 22 minutes (maybe a miniseries), don't know which network.

you've got
Sue Kim - the Korean
Shantasia Harris - the African-American
Stephanie Delacruz - the Latina
Shiba Farhadi - the Arabic
Sarah Gallagher - the Redhead
Susie Kauffman - the Jewess
Sana Varma - the Indian
Sofia Saia - the Native American

together they're SSquad

>Why can't youhaveit be literally heavenand a little cherub/cartoon angel gets kicked down
The religious aspect is mostly about Earth and what /what not God has made clean. The sky people (with all their love for Romantic culture) believe that Earth, in it's entirety, are a bunch of subhumans even though Atlas Flats (the cloud city) is a VERY gilded place with the cloud people actually being central/southern European. This leads for our main character to discover what "actual heaven" is, because it isn't just a physically inspired-place like Atlas Flats and we'll know later on that Earth isn't "actual heaven" either

Is there an evil team for women with big tits?

the thread is on page 10, however the OP starting with a discord antithetical to the point of this site and thus pure cancer