Black male mc

>black male mc
Either they are bland or boring.
static is the rare exception

Attached: 5688-133306198.jpg (1000x682, 46K)

Because people are too scared to chance with black protagonist today to give them flaws and quirks because people complain about dumb shit that's probably why Killmonger was liked over T'challa honestly because T'challa was boring.

I want more black protagonist with actual flaws and quirks damn maybe you can even make them not black Americans

t. Nigerian

I've never seen that craig from the creek kid is he bland?

Actually yeah Craig show some promise, wouldn't really consider him though as he is a kid.
If that was the case I would just post picture of Fillmore and call it a day.

I remember the hilarious bullshit with the princess and the frog protestors.

From the little I've seen of it before I fell asleep, he's bland as FUCK. But the whole show, and the whole channel is big on bland right now.

I can recommend Unkown Soldier Vol. 3 to you.

This. in the 70s and up we had no issues having women and minorities being heroes/protages with flaws however now it feels making a flawed black woman is letting the alt right or some shit win, when the reality is that's exactly how they win is when you are afraid to show them as humans like everything else.

Damn I actually never got the chance to watch Fillmore before my time you see but hopefully I can pirate and watch it this evening.

>Take Luke Cage
>Turn him into a gentle giant with no personality
>Take Cyborg
>Make him a depressed loser with no personality
>Take Falcon and War Machine
>Make them utterly forgettable
>Take Waller
>Make her completely incompetent. Can't even keep her Suicide Squad in control long enough to send them on one mission. The threat they do face is made by accident, by Waller
What did Hollywood mean by this

Unironically Telltale does Waller quite well

After seeing who killed captain alex I can only accept a Ugandan martial arts expert animated series

>War Machine
Rhodey has some darker impulses.

Attached: warkills.jpg (930x2532, 669K)

Man I know it's not Ugandan but I miss Boondocks that was a damn good show the action scenes were fucking kino

>Falcon and War Machine
So what are these two like in some of their solo comics? I only know what they're like in movies where they're both just "black sidekick" and crossover events where they are just there like anyone else.

You know who did great black characters? Carl Fucking Weathers

No fuck you i'm serious. Apollo Creed in the Rocky films and Dillan in Predator had a fucking lot of nuance

Attached: 28f2991035eea034d2462dc5d48b7e3d[1].png (441x599, 492K)

>Carl Fucking Weathers

I actually agree Dillian in predator is actually one of my favorite characters in that movie I think it's because the 80's weren't afraid to write characters a bit better then nowadays I don't mean to sound all LEWRONGGENERATION but that's what I perceive.

Also not related at all but my grandad looks a bit like Carl weathers I've noticed

Attached: Yea83mQ.jpg (600x398, 34K)

Both of their solo comics are hit and a HELL of a lot of miss. Most capeshit writers can't do military, and that's what you really need to make War Machine work. He should be practically be a Larry Hama GI joe character. Rhodey isn't a genius inventor like stark, but he SHOULD be much better at millitary shit and tactics.

Falcons best comics are probably backup stories in the Captain America run. Maybe that one 4 issue TPB called Falcon.. The push back and forth on exactly what the fuck they want to do with him, as they're a bit clueless. He's been a social worker good guy AND a street tough pimp named snap wilson, and a mutant too.

I was hoping captain falcon would be good, but it was a little hit and a LOT of miss.

I remember Stalker in GI joe was based on him.

ah that's a bit sad to hear I really like War machine as a concept

holy shit, no way.

Attached: stalkers acting expirence pumpkin in a thanksgiving play school.jpg (830x629, 38K)

The hasbro designers loved their action movies.

They practically started with a carl weathers action figure, and then let the writers fill in the rest. And Rock and Roll was suspicisiously like chuck norris.

Attached: 64913303d9c6e4fc9a241b8215da19f3--gi-joe-action-figures[1].jpg (568x1000, 49K)

>Brave Noble Non-Threatening Kind to a Fault
Repeat

Thats every hero these days. You just notice it more because as black characters you expect them to stand out somehow

Not him but same. It's crazy to me that no one has made War Machine really work well when he should be easy as hell to write. He's literally an American superhero created in a nation that is utterly obsessed and glorifies our military power, as well as the individual soldier when we're not psycho-analyzing them. His character should write itself. The hard part, to be fair, is coming up with a really good villain for him. I do like however. What is that from? When did he go through a cyborg phase?

People don't like it when you remind them of how shitty the MIC is

I thought IM1 did it reasonably well for what was a popcorn superhero flick.

>I do like (You) however. What is that from? When did he go through a cyborg phase?
Dark Reign, that was some good War Machine

Attached: 700118-machines_of_war_ii.jpg (900x1366, 266K)

I dunno. You have a point that many heros, in many writers hands are interchangable but non blacks are allowed to be complicated, angry, intimidating, stubborn, wrong, and a host of other emotions white writers are hesitant to give black characters. So sensitive to perceived racism they wind up writing inert brown automotons.

I'm more of a DC guy, but I really should read more Marvel. Was Dark Reign good?

It was pretty fun to see Norman lose his shit, I recommend Dark Avengers: Ares, Thunderbolts and War Machine.

Attached: Ghost 3.jpg (1029x683, 294K)

Check out Hoopla app free with library card. Caught up on a lot of Marvel volumes and events that way.

>Ghost
The more I see this dude, the more entertaining he looks to me. Has he been in anything really good?

Will check it out, thanks user.

>The more I see this dude, the more entertaining he looks to me. Has he been in anything really good?
His time as a Thunderbolt was very good from 129 to 175. In the team he had the role of being a even more paranoid, filthy version of the Question who is also a cyberterrorsit willing to kill every who he sees as conspirator.

Attached: Tales To Gross.jpg (1042x1600, 336K)

Apollo was the most interesting aspect of Rocky II. He wasn't a villain or just some jerk, he was a guy with a lot of pride who didn't know how to handle it. Duke warning him about a rematch was the best part of the movie.

White people are afraid of black people with an edge

T'challa was boring in BP because they had already gotten his formative hero arc (which I loved) over with in Civil War. It was a weird spot for the lead of a movie to be in.

Black dynamite was good because his problem was being too perfect, he had trouble dealing with actual human issues. Static was in a bad neighborhood. The kid from neo yokio wasn't really flawed, just conflicted in a reasonable way. Huey freeman was essentially perfect but nobody could relate to him. Black jesus was great because he often couldnt live up to expectations.

Theres a bunch of actual interesting black MCs

>unknown soldier
My nigga

Bump

Virgil was pretty bland though, just in a relatable way like Peter Parker.

((Black man here))

Agrees with thread. Marvel defanged all the cool niggas like Luke Cage and Blade. They're basically huggable characters now...especially Cage.

Even black people don't craft black characters all that well. Most often a black person is going to create an idealized stereotype or choose to base the character off of being ((woke)) and not a real person.

Its hard to tell one black mc from another, unless we talking about blaxploitation which was all I mentioned above but was done in a much better way.

Back when black men were tough, cool etc (even though a lot of em were pimps). Today everyone's Bill Cosby or Barack Obama. Shits lame.

Huey & Riley are great examples. They were made to play off of one another and in a way they are both stereotypes.

I love Boondocks. Riley as the Bart Simpson/Dennis the Menace-type character was great. It was great because we don't see black boys in that way very often.

He was an ignorant little niglet though.

What is wrong with being a nice black man?

We're supposed to be MAD and ANGRY because something something WHITE MAN.

Nothing. There's a lot of nice brothers out there but I don't want to read action stories about any of them.

He's a cool average kid but becuase's he's not "hip hop happening" or whatever, that might constitute as being "bland", however it's not boring.

It's a subversion of the angry black man trope and has been done so often it's replaced the trope it subverted

Isn't it at least a bit fair for Luke Cage since he sort of sort out his shit, married, and had a kid? And didn't the reboot try to take all of that away because MCU?
I'm legit asking because my knowledge of Luke is pretty limited and the most I read from him involves the Thunderbolts and other misc stories.

I get that, as a man, he should mellow out now that he's got a family but in some respects that's going to make your even sharper.

His daughter has to live in a world Galactus could come along and eat. His kid has to survive in a world with megalomanics like Doom and Kang, you can't be Cliff Huxtable in that universe.

Maybe he takes fewer risks, but the fire in his belly should still rage because his family exists in this world now. His wife was hypnotized and raped, that alone should have kept the fangs sharp.

>Even Black people don't carve there characters all that well

Yeah, Black Women, because they can't write for shit. Did you see Creed? Southpaw and all that other shit?

I don't get why people say BP in BP was boring when in all honesty he just didn't get much screen time, but everytime he was on(Especially in Civil War) it was Hype as hell.

Well, there isn't going to be a middle ground.

Black Women are solipsistic these days, they can only write other women well.

But, the dude writing the current Falcon book isn't doing that great of a job either. David Walker wrote a shit Luke Cage series too (on the other hand his Shaft books were not bad )

Waller is all soft curves, though

I just wanna make a black lady who's a villain with ice powers but is super cheerful and shit.

That's what tokenism is

Attached: token.jpg (260x286, 13K)

It's not really not when they are mc

I love black dudes in comics. I'd love for more angry black men in modern comics.

tokenism also applies to mcs
bland boring black characters are just tokens

Pimps were cool because of they despite their shallow and materialistic lifestyle, many of them were on point on how to treat women and interact with people.

Most Black Men around Luke Cage's age are either divorced or single because the woman he married was sleeping around with other men. Nowadays only Church going Black Men honor the bro code.

Only Office Workers want Nice Black Men. Women want something straight out of the PIT comic.

>OP talking about bland mcs
>his pic related isn’t the mc of his series

Attached: ABCF6BC7-2150-4711-9263-3F740E858115.jpg (640x480, 53K)

Those were explotation films though. The reason they worked with the time was because there was a dominant counter-culture that most diversities could align with. That's not the case anymore. What helps is having multiple black characters to showcase different personalities better, that way people don't mind if one is say dumb since they aren't just a token character.

Attached: Background.png (206x245, 34K)

Uh

>Today everyone's Bill Cosby or Barack Obama.

So either a rapist or a white man in a black skin?

>I just wanna make a black lady who's a villain with ice powers but is super cheerful and shit.

What you wanna call her?

>black character
>with ice powers

how bland

Chill Out

whats the big deal with black people snd white people again?

400+ years of conflict?
One has historically mistreated the other in the western world?
Lots of people have a vested financial interest in promoting and prolonging divisions based upon race?

>Chill Out

Dude, I'm not mad, I'm just asking: what do you wanna call her?

this conflict you are saying is just between whites and blacks or there are other factions involved?

The Jews and the Lizard people are the real instigators

But tokenism exist to show that the white cast is not racist, it's not really the same if the main lead is black.

>female character
>either bland and boring or straight-up annoying

>commentary
>trying to make a point
it's not even Sup Forums

>white man in a black skin?
you aren't born black you behave black
mullatos is only black when we feel like it
boy

obviously black mc is to show that creators are not racist

Same thing happened with Luke Cage

But in cartoons they seem to be better off. Problem is only live action.

I thought Smokey was cool but Araki clearly didn't have a plan for him after New York

But T'Challa was great in Civil War, where he was pretty flawed and had a lot in common with Killmonger. The problem with him in BP is that his character growth already happened in another movie.

Attached: IMG_20180326_133618.jpg (780x890, 95K)

>Isn't it at least a bit fair for Luke Cage since he sort of sort out his shit, married, and had a kid?

But the Netflix show has none of that and they made him even more boring

That was some other user. As for a name? No clue, just an idea I had.

jew are white tho

Static is just social issues Spiderman or did that change?

Black Dynamite. But he ain't shit.

Make a character as in a Sup Forums original? write your own comicbook?

Or the dreaded medium of (((questing)))?

I was suggesting Chill Out as her name.

Something I had in my for a little story I'm making. It needs work but I'm happy with it so far.

AND SMOKEY FROM NEW YORK

cool, post it online for critique when you're ready

Oh I did, in the cartoon idea's thread one time, couple anons said it needs work, is too simple etc. Gotta see what I can do to make a bit more complex. One user did say they liked the family angle tho.

>400+ years of conflict?
??? Do you Arabs? Whites and Arabs have been going at it for a couple thousand. Arabs are just sand whites, though.

How much better would the Luke Cage show have been if Luke had been played by Terry Crews?

Significantly, but I"m not even sure if Crew's energy could pump up that limp script.

Keep pushing ahead. And don't take our word as gospel. It's hard work making anything in this world.

It's not like spiderman is afraid of social issues. I always thought it just a little more social issues, a little less sci fi. Oh and a little more jazz and HOOP STARS.

>Keep pushing ahead. And don't take our word as gospel.
True, but you guys sometimes have good advice to give.
>It's hard work making anything in this world.
Yes, yes it is, but it's all worth it in the end.

I like Huey, Riely, and Grandad as characters. So my taste is shit then.

It sounds like something from a superhero tyler perry movie.

Not exactly mc but still

Attached: tomdubois280.jpg (280x210, 11K)