It must be tougher for you, Sup Forums. At least people like jokes!

It must be tougher for you, Sup Forums. At least people like jokes!

Attached: 1511984863342.png (875x480, 357K)

heeeey that's from back when the crystal gems Fought things!

Pilot Steven was much more boy-ish. Guy was also actualy capable of not liking someone like Lars, and shit talk them.

not the ones in this show

>tfw Steven was once a child with flaws rather than a boring character who does nothing but hang around

You know, I'm sure there was a reason for making a disgusting protagonist, but for the life of me I can't figure it out.

Attached: steven.png (500x281, 77K)

Pilot, and even early 1st season Steven, was likeable because he was kind of gross and incompetent. It made him charming and grounded in comparison to his 3 hyper-competent space moms. The show was better when it was a hapless Steven struggling to do right in their wild adventures and succeeding through pluck and determination. The biggest complaint in any SU thread is "enough boring shit with the townies," because it's just Steven, who is perfectly polite and empathetic with everyone, helping mundane people with mundane problems. It's boring because he's almost never wrong and its not even getting equal screen time with the gems-fighting-monsters stuff

>t's just Steven, who is perfectly polite and empathetic with everyone, helping mundane people with mundane problems.
that's actually a great way to sum up the show now

Well at least my mom isn't dead.

Attached: Shadow.gif (200x214, 280K)

I still prefer the pilot's visuals.

What do YOU know about my mom?

Attached: 1496645678291.jpg (1920x1080, 287K)

I miss when the shows was actually about the gems and steven wasnt an annoying gary stu who shrunk each episode. At this rate hes going to become a god the size of a zygote and the gems will have become background characters for so long they are now just lifeless dolls in stevens room, while the show becomes craig of the creek 2.

Attached: ECAC6920-BDE5-405A-BF1A-56CE1062F25C.png (629x969, 576K)

I used to LOVE this show so much, now I haven't even bothered catching up on the last two batches of episodes. I still love the gems but Steven is such a little shit, and Connie and the townies are boring as hell.

>It's boring because he's almost never wrong and its not even getting equal screen time with the gems-fighting-monsters stuff

This.

And people will constantly try to tell you he's not a Gary Stu and doesn't solve everyone's problems and that he fails sometimes.

>I still love the gems but Steven is such a little shit, and Connie and the townies are boring as hell.
Thats the exact reason why i stopped watching. I hate steven and the townies, and connies the worst out of all the characters, but they are the only ones thst get any kind of focus for the most part, the gems are hardly in their own show anymore.

Are you kidding me, user? Many found Season 1 Steven to be an obnoxious retard.

Steven as a character peaked right here

Attached: Shut yo bitch-ass mouth, Lars.jpg (1920x1080, 80K)

Can we all agree the episode span between Mirror/Ocean Gem to Gem Drill is SU at it's best?

>people don't like steven because he's a realistic depiction of a chubby short effeminate 14 year old male
>people shit on the show originally because only gay people like it
>people shit on the show because it panders to it's gay audience
Sup Forums is turning shittier and surprisingly more conservative
I won't fight the change, but it really seems like they are so backwards

I hate the show now because i just want my ships of gems getting dick, i hate mystery girl and want greg/pearl to happen already

Lars did nothin wrong,he a good boy

Attached: 1496175918907.gif (540x390, 532K)

No. A good number of those episodes were boring or unnecessarily melodramatic. Ocean Gen was the peak.