Politics aside, is this show actually good?

Politics aside, is this show actually good?
I've been missing out on modern cartoons and want to get into it.

Attached: Steven_Universe_logo.svg.png (1200x451, 100K)

No. It keeps proving that it's a shittily written waste of time and the people who try to defend it are idiots.

If you're up for waiting for the elements of the show the majority of people care about (i.e. deepest lore) that often get disappointingly resolved after constant hiatuses and filler episodes and the writers somehow preferring boring middle class human characters with boring middle class problems, then give it a go. If not, just wait until it's over.

Listen dude, trust me. It's absolutely terrible and nothing happens in it. This is coming from a hardcore cartoonfag who likes almost every cartoon out right now. This show is a shit soap opera for gay people and it fucking sucks. Don't bother and watch literally any other cartoon this decade instead.

No. It's been said a lot, but it had a lot of promise, which is what makes it's pointless meandering frustrating. There's an official CN recap that came out a little while ago that covers all the important plot points and story elements. The last of which happened a year ago. Nothing important has happened since. At some point telling a story and making a good show stopped being a priority for them.

This show has absolutely no idea what it wants to be and it shows in every way, there are plenty of much better modern cartoons which do everything this show does ten times better.

It's crap. Not even kidding.

It used to be better, but the show climaxed during the end of season one and its degenerated before our very eyes ever since. Art has gotten worse, episodes have gotten worse, and long term plot threads that were built up got lame endings.

This might even have been survivable on its own, but the insistence on bombs is fucking KILLING THIS SHOW. No episodes for half a year and then 6 all at once isnt enough to maintain any kind of interest, and each bomb has to be 'about' something so no good problem can last more than 6 episodes, shitty problems get stretched out to fill a bomb when they should have been 2 eps max, and any filler episodes put into a bomb feel like a personal insult because of the opportunity cost.

This is unironically a show that feels like someone high up is actively trying to make it fail.

Watch it, but stop after Gem Drill.

>is this show actually good
No. It is a shitty ugly meandering mess made by morons and slackers that will only be remembered for it's jerk off bait.

It's okay. There are worse things to watch.

I thought it was pretty fun when it was novel. Finding out how things work and what's going on was cool, and the times where the show hikes up its skirt to show off something new are interesting.

But things drag on so long and there's so many bullshit episodes and the tissues have fallen out of the bra and I'm flaccid. It's probably better if it's watched all at once.

It used to be good, but now it's padding and self-indulgence.

>mc is an annoying fat piece of shit
>gems are crazy lesbians
>lazy, ugly art style
>characters' size changes literally within the same episode
>lazy, untalented team
>what even is going on in this show

No it's not worth watching

I actually bought the earlier seasons back in the day because it showed a lot of promise and the art was refreshing so I wanted to support it. Now I just follow the plot through youtube clips and even those are a slog to get through. If I could go back and tell myself not to get invested in SU I would.

it sounds like a meme at this point but the quality really did decline. it was okay at first, had some potential

>I actually bought
You could have had a much more pleasant experience and a better use of your money by dipping it in habanero sauce and shoving it up your ass.

Wait until it's over and only watch the key episodes

Not gonna lie, that sounds kinda hot.

Attached: MlLsQOy.png (290x357, 115K)

god, those fucking lips are revolting

Attached: 1516441495777.jpg (960x522, 57K)

It's really not helped by these constant 4 month hiatuses between episodes. A year of airing doesn't actually mean much at all was even aired

The ideal way of watching Steven Universe without accumulating black bile that explodes into bitterness at a certain point is as follows - pick up pen and paper and take notes:

-wait for the series to completely end
-look up online for a list of the episodes that cover the overarching plot
-only watch those in a single binge session
-love your time with it.

ANY OTHER WAY of watching the show will result in a tiny spec of hatred doomed to snowball into an avalanche of contempt by the time the countless fucking hours of content and non-content are over/you wait for a new episode.

The story moves as smoothly as a knife goes through frozen butter, the characters are actually well written but they fucked it up over time here and there, the Songs are meh to pretty good, voice acting is nice, the messages are either unoriginal or give really weird vibes (not even concentrating on the political stuff), it doesn't know what it wants to be, the Atmosphare can shift from comfy to hard to watch in less than a minute, lots of wasted potential. Not even touching le animation error memes because a lot of Sup Forumss fav series are full of them.
All in all 6/10 at best, it's for kids

Yeah, it's a really fun show with a wonderful score and aesthetic, and for a 11 minute episode show they do a very good job building character relationships. It's not Avatar, but it's certainly very good

Soon to be six seasons and nothing happens.

It is kinda like Kingdom Hearts only instead of DARKNESS and FRIENDSHIP there is CRYING and SINGING and instead of Disney Characters there is SPACE LESBIANS.

And with that i mean there is a lot of hype that never pays off.

And also there isn't any fun gameplay.