Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NhQQA8rVKxE
youtube.com/watch?v=dSnlJW_ytMI
youtube.com/watch?v=K-sc5MsCt7Q&t=94s
youtube.com/watch?v=wwdP0RSPdO0&t=35s
youtube.com/watch?v=lE1RzE0U_m8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

what are you talkign about?

Attached: disney menu.jpg (2048x1356, 254K)

Um Wreck it Ralph 2 much?

tv animation has become simple and cardboard, and most animated movies are sequels this year.
still excited for incredibles 2 though.

>More uninspired sequals and remakes pumped out by what once used to be a creative and inspiring force but is now just another soulless Megacorp.
Oh boy.

Attached: AF6FB195-CC14-4EAB-A571-0E1090ACA967.png (657x360, 329K)

Oh boy, sequels and remakes of things that really didn't need them.
Incredible 2 looks alright, but dammit there's nothing about it worth getting excited about

Coming out in July.

Attached: Prison_Pit6-cover_small (1).png (611x800, 2.46M)

i feel like it's decade late. disney surpassed pixar at everything recently.

Attached: incredibles-2-early-header.jpg (700x489, 39K)

To be fair Inside Out and Coco were really good.

You gotta thank the cancer that is capitalism for that.

All these corporations care about are making a million sequels of already existing IPs, like how Disney is doing with Toy Story and all the spam of Marvel movies, or cheaply animated shows they can make over 200 episodes of, like Cartoon Network's Teen Titans GO!.

This medium's dead, and it will stay dead until we line up all the executives under guillotines.

Attached: knee slapper.gif (279x200, 95K)

Coco.. yes. Best Pixar movie of the 2010s.
Inside Out not so much, it didnt click with me, at least it didnt disappoint like Brave.

>start watching and reading the classics
Feels good, man.

Between TTG and the constant state of being of disappointment of SU, I've given up hope on CN.

Even with their greenlite announcement of Infinity Train, I couldn't muster anything more than a shrug and slight bemusement

The only thing that has me really excited is the Owl House, and that's depressing.

Attached: 1521079654229.jpg (439x629, 71K)

New season of Venture Bros. comes out this November.

>SU

Attached: 1512799987415.jpg (481x312, 31K)

>i feel like it's decade late
At least it's not 15 years too late.

that image makes me want to cry

What's happening to the industry? How do we fix it? Everything's shit now.

Attached: y me.jpg (680x455, 42K)

To be fair, if there’s one thing that SU’s good at doing, it’s faking potential.

harr harr.

stop sucking disney's dick then

Attached: Incredibles Sequel.gif (320x240, 1.82M)

same what happened to videogames

>stop sucking Disney's dick
If he did, he'd be happy at that pic.

That's fair I guess
It'd be nice the Venture Bros crew was allowed to make a new series, but new rare season of a great old show is good too I guess.

One of the big studios has to fail completely because of the prevalent trends. And I mean go straight up bankrupt, put the fear of god into the rest.

What about that Wes Anderson movie? Trailers look pretty hype.

but there's only ONE big studio right now.

You're forgiven for not knowing it's already out

Well then I guess we're fucked.

>Absolutely goddamn nothing Sup Forums related to look forward to this year

He's crying out of horror, not out of pleasure.

>I wish comic book movies were more popular and like the actual comics
You reap what you sow I guess

Attached: The_Monkey's_Paw.jpg (2000x1400, 669K)

The new blood being really bad at creating good series ideas anymore. Just look at summer camp island or that nick show about the hotdog to see my point
Everything disney make is the same uninspired and safe shit, just like their company

Have you considered seeking the other side of the fence?

Attached: toons.jpg (2316x2130, 3.14M)

>I want theatrical releases of 2D movies
>get MLP and TT:GO.

But this doesnt make sense from a business sense, TTG is loosing ratings for the channel and not playing a popular show like SU is also hurting it badly. What is the business logic in that?

Also, disney is going to suffer because star wars fans arent going to see any of their movies after TLJ, and once the marvel hype dies after infinity war more people will see how overrated the movies are and they will slowly get less and less ticket sales as a result.

Attached: 93B42618-369E-4C10-A047-739D2073F1EB.jpg (612x648, 92K)

Don't forget Spongebob!

I've already made that leap, I'm just weaping for everything lost

>Everything disney make is the same uninspired and safe shit, just like their company

you saw how they animated movies? they get good ideas and then trim them for the masses.

Shadilay based Sup Forumsfag.

>you saw how they animated movies? they get good ideas and then trim them for the masses.
Why is disney so afraid of making something that MIGHT be well liked beyond 5 year old girl. Why do they hold themselves back so much, dont they realize that their adherence to their standards of making safe and boring films drove all the potential dollars from their five billion dollar buyout.

>Disney is going to suffer because star wars fans aren't going to see any of their movies after TLJ
Now this is a SW story I want to see.

>Also, disney is going to suffer because star wars fans arent going to see any of their movies after TLJ,
You understimate the power of being a longstanding franchise, the undeserved devotion of fanboys, and just how much Normies are willing to overlook and let pass in through one ear and out the other.

Fuck you, i didnt even mention anything about politics or Sup Forums. Why do you invading faggots have to drag your stupid politics into everything?

Fuck off

>something that MIGHT be well liked beyond 5 year old girl
Dragonslayer was a good example of that.

He's a butthurt mousefag.

Bojack will have new episodes in september though.

they have touchstone pictures for the more "edgy" brand

>You understimate the power of being a longstanding franchise, the undeserved devotion of fanboys, and just how much Normies are willing to overlook and let pass in through one ear and out the other.
Dude, i know a guy who has seen every film in the theaters, and he even said hes going to avoid the next film like the plague. Theirs only so much rey pushing and ackbar killing you can do when the only fans left are mouse eard gullible die hards, that are so small they cant make the movie turn its profit.

Touchstones been dead for years, im pissed disney hasnt brought it back and put star wars under that, maybe the movies wouldve actually turned out good then.

>Want to embrace older media
>Worried that doing so will make me a nostalgiafag who can't see anything good in new media
>Want to embrace new media
>Everything looks so damn boring and lifeless
Is there truly a right answer anymore?

Attached: 451.jpg (845x466, 76K)

but then kids wouldnt buy all these grey lego sets!

>but then kids wouldnt buy all these grey lego sets!
TRU is going out of business and they STILL cant get rid of anything associated with the sequels. Its hilarious how disney fucked up one of the most popular novie series to make it unsellable, and after all of this they still refuse to change anything or fire kathleen.

Their is nothing wrong with being a nostalgia fag, as much shit i get for it people dont realize i still enjoy many new things, but they arent the latest marvel movie on buzzfeed so for most people it doesnt count.

Attached: 538A4845-8E88-4C3A-A33F-DBBE3F83A03F.jpg (639x637, 78K)

You're just choosing to be miserable, aren't you? There's plenty of stuff to look forward too.

>You're just choosing to be miserable, aren't you? There's plenty of stuff to look forward too.
First off fuck you, i hate preppy shits that dont want to hear any criticism and call everyone sourpusses because they acknowledge things are bad. Second off, name one good thing to look forward too.

Kind of in the same boat. The current media climate should be a godsend for someone like me with all the “geeky” properties like superheroes and Star Wars getting regular releases but it all feels hollow, corporate, and less a story to be told than a way to advertise merchandise.
It peeves me than EVERYTHING has to be a franchise nowadays, very rarely is a film able to stand on its own as a single complete work.
MCU honestly feels more like a television series than a film series seeing as every film ends with a teaser for the next one.

To be fair, From what we saw, Ducktales 2017 wasnt half bad. I mean, it still pales in comparison to the comics, but it wasn't half bad. Now If only they would fucking air it.

Attached: 1507785728932.gif (300x225, 2.77M)

>reviving toy story after a satisfying ending to 3

Attached: 1513056403722.jpg (1280x853, 200K)

>Rom Com with toys!

how exciting!

Attached: toystory4.jpg (960x1440, 291K)

I'm looking forward to season 3 of Camp Camp and Nomad of Nowhere is adorable.

why is Ladybug in there as an example of a "good show"? it's just pedobait with the most cliched generic plot ever, literally the modern Totally Spies

>literally the modern Totally Spies
And that's a bad thing how?

This isn't in any way better than murican shows.

Well, Incredibles 2 is coming at least

>Totally Spies
Don't you compare that awful show with Totally Spies. At least Totally Spies was an entertaining show while ladybug only has fapbait to it.

I'm looking forward to DC's Black Label line, and seeing what else Young Animal puts out. A dedicated elseworlds line is a neat idea.

I'm waiting for that one hyperrealistic CGI show that one French studio tries to make. I want to see if they can actually pull it off

>hyperrealistic CGI
YAWN

But legend quest sucked except for teodora.

cn
>stretched s5 Steven Universe
>victor & valentino
>infinity train
>magiswords s2
>rest of clarence
>the megaman cartoon
>ttg movie
>craig of the creek
>summer camp island
>crap apple and shit onion
>maybe o.k. k.o can unfuck itself

disney
>big city greens
>more starvs?

nickelodeon
>loud house s3-4
>casagrandes
>new tmnt
>some of those shorts could get greenlit
>hopefully another season of welcome to the wayne

I don't think I'm listing everything but how can anyone say there's no hype for these?

Attached: 1497612520218.png (476x357, 196K)

Nigger you better be talking about the movie line, because the Netflix series was good.

No im talking about the series. It was C grade adventure show with an overall weak cast and writing. It was Niko and the Sword of Light tier, with the girl being the only thing worth giving a shit about. So exactly like Niko actually.

>>craig of the creek
>>summer camp island
>>crap apple and shit onion
Dont kid yourself, no one is excited to see these

3 male adult mountain lions vs adult male lion, who wins?

Summer Camp Island has every furfag hyped.

Is there any medium that's doing ok nowadays?

If you go to Sup Forums everyone will tell you modern videogames are shit.
If you go to Sup Forums everyone will tell you modern anime is shit.
If you go to Sup Forums everyone will tell you modern movies are shit.

Why did entertainment decline so much? Or is it just nostalgiafagging?

Attached: d2c.png (500x500, 387K)

Sure, it is boring from an artistic choice. But keep in mind the tech behind that is important as well. Which is why I'm interested if they pull that off successfully on a TV budget.

The one lion. They ain't afraid of no puny pumas.

What’s your idea of an A grade adventure show, and if you say the original Ducktales your opinion is already invalidated because that is trash.

Attached: suicide.jpg (1920x1080, 139K)

The first couple seasons of Adventure Time.

The old Aladdin cartoon.

All better in every category.

>Summer Camp Island has every furfag hyped.
Yet another reason why we need to gas furries

Attached: 6C9403D1-20AC-4E83-B51C-2894A1DE4A02.jpg (764x599, 138K)

>Avatar.
Fair enough
>The first couple seasons of Adventure Time.
That may have been Preferable to the rest of it but it was still lolsrandom garbage
>The old Aladdin cartoon.
that was ok

ow the edge

A lot of the pilots coming out aren't exactly stellar either.

youtube.com/watch?v=NhQQA8rVKxE
youtube.com/watch?v=dSnlJW_ytMI
youtube.com/watch?v=K-sc5MsCt7Q&t=94s
youtube.com/watch?v=wwdP0RSPdO0&t=35s

This thread just shows that negativity only makes your life worse!

>Camp Weedonwantcha will never get a cartoon
>Harpy Gee does

It's just not fair

Attached: 1521776718451.png (607x789, 173K)

new gorillaz album this year, that's more than enough

MLP was okay, who knows about TT GO yet

Because they can,whether based in opinion or just shitposting.

>A lot of the pilots coming out aren't exactly stellar either.
Like what i said here , for someone reason or another every new writer in the animation industry whos coming in is really bad at their job

The year isn't over yet, anything new could still drop.
Plus, I am pretty excited to get to know Sideways and try that out.

Harpy gee is such shit.

>More capeshit
>More starshit
>Toy Story sequel no one wants
>Frozen sequel no one wants
>10k remakes no one wants
It would be nice if a major studio took a risk and made a casual original story not a franchise with 20 writers but I guess this is the most profitable choice.

The fucking normies have finally done it, they've condensed their opinions and mimicry of popular trends rather than forming their own opinions to the point that all popular media is an abyss. I hope ai advances to the point that it kills and replaces us all.

Attached: Hope.jpg (720x705, 102K)

>no one wants
Do you actually think this, or do you just always assume that everyone thinks the same as you? Just trying to figure out if you're autistic or retarded.

Creative freedom left most of entertainment industry
Also everything sucks because of it.

People will watch these movies because the names are familiar, everyone was happy with how Toy Story 3 ended, everyone agreed Frozen was overrated and forced, remakes up the asshole are uncreative and even normies make fun of constantly remaking movies rather than making new ones.

None of this matters because it's more profitable to put money into something people are familiar with, it's essentially clickbait. Also "no one wants" is a figure of speech - a hyperbole. If you can't figure that out you may actually be retarded.

>it's just pedobait
Really? What do you define as pedobait?

youtube.com/watch?v=lE1RzE0U_m8

Watch this user

Attached: 15.jpg (1000x563, 66K)